Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Speaks 13:44 - Sep 20 with 8536 viewshammy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37417048

Looks like he'll be back in the team tomorrow and let's hope he gets the team ticking !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Leon Speaks on 13:49 - Sep 20 with 6653 viewsHighjack

Isn't it usually the manager that does the press conferences?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leon Speaks on 13:51 - Sep 20 with 6641 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There speaks a true professional.
Leon Speaks on 14:05 - Sep 20 with 6569 viewsJoe_bradshaw

When Leon says "I think Ki will be disappointed" I presume he means Ki's a t**t.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Leon Speaks on 14:06 - Sep 20 with 6559 viewshammy

Leon Speaks on 13:49 - Sep 20 by Highjack

We're playing the trump card instead.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Leon Speaks on 14:07 - Sep 20 with 6554 viewsTheKirkyLife

Something is VERY up. This should be Guidolin. That said well taken, Leon - such a professional.
Leon Speaks on 14:18 - Sep 20 with 6497 viewsmonmouth

Not sure I can think of any other manager that has needed one of the players to say 'we have to respect him' in public, or that would tolerate it. Support or help, maybe, justify his faith in us, definitely....but, 'respect'. Nah. It's over.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon Speaks on 14:24 - Sep 20 with 6453 viewsPegojack

The Don should never have apologized to Taylor.

He should have been told in no uncertain terms "I'm the boss, you are an employee, I'm the one who carries the can, not you, when things go wrong on the pitch, so I'll make the decisions, and you'll do as you're told and keep your mouth shut - or feck off".
Leon Speaks on 14:27 - Sep 20 with 6437 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon Speaks on 13:49 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Was it a press conference or just a player interview? Taylor and loads of other players have done enough spouting in the past. Leon is club captain and has every right to reiterate what his manager has said about the performance and to ensure the support is there for FG.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Speaks on 14:34 - Sep 20 with 6406 viewsTheFranchise

Leon Speaks on 14:24 - Sep 20 by Pegojack

He should have been told in no uncertain terms "I'm the boss, you are an employee, I'm the one who carries the can, not you, when things go wrong on the pitch, so I'll make the decisions, and you'll do as you're told and keep your mouth shut - or feck off".

Couldn't agree more.
D Leon Speaks on 14:40 - Sep 20 with 6370 viewsperchrockjack

Amen. Indeed and should have done what Klopp did to sacko,ie bust his ego.

Players will take advantage of a weak manager and Frankie is indeed one.

Frankly, Taylor should be fined , as should ki.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon Speaks on 14:43 - Sep 20 with 6353 views34dfgdf54

I may be completely wrong, but he mentions the systems being played. Does this mean the players have made it clear they are not happy with the systems being played but need to get on with it, or is it just an answer to a question regarding formations etc.
Leon Speaks on 14:45 - Sep 20 with 6334 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure myself but one thing for sure ,those happy clappers will be thinking twice now or should be.

Do the right think yanks , do it now, show interest

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon Speaks on 14:52 - Sep 20 with 6281 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon Speaks on 14:24 - Sep 20 by Pegojack

How do you know he has not already done that? What is said to the press can differ wildly from what actually happens behind closed doors. Very few mangers air the dirty line in public. If there is unrest it could very well be that some players don't like what they are being told. Do you honestly think there was no reason for Taylor being dropped form the squad despite what FG said in public? He could very well be punishing the palyer but at the same time not hanging him out to dry in the press. I will be surprised if Ki is not repremanded as well. Possibly 90 mins against Man City reserves and then dropped from the squad for Saturday's game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon Speaks on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 6178 viewsmonmouth

Leon Speaks on 14:52 - Sep 20 by Private_Partz

How do you know he has not already done that? What is said to the press can differ wildly from what actually happens behind closed doors. Very few mangers air the dirty line in public. If there is unrest it could very well be that some players don't like what they are being told. Do you honestly think there was no reason for Taylor being dropped form the squad despite what FG said in public? He could very well be punishing the palyer but at the same time not hanging him out to dry in the press. I will be surprised if Ki is not repremanded as well. Possibly 90 mins against Man City reserves and then dropped from the squad for Saturday's game.

At least that would save anyone counting up yellows to get Christmas or new year off. Just flip him the finger before Xmas; job done.

Leon Speaks on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 5963 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Leon Speaks on 14:27 - Sep 20 by Private_Partz

Was it a press conference or just a player interview? Taylor and loads of other players have done enough spouting in the past. Leon is club captain and has every right to reiterate what his manager has said about the performance and to ensure the support is there for FG.

It was a press conference. Video link below.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-press-con

Seems unusual to me, but maybe there has been some frustration doing press conferences with a manager that speaks limited English. Or, maybe he's getting tired of struggling through them.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 16:28]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Leon Speaks on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 5873 viewsLeonisGod

Leon Speaks on 16:28 - Sep 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-press-con

Seems unusual to me, but maybe there has been some frustration doing press conferences with a manager that speaks limited English. Or, maybe he's getting tired of struggling through them.

They could have shown some respect to Leon by angling the camera downwards a bit

That does seem weird that he's doing a presser on his own. Might be nothing in it, but seems strange to me.
Leon Speaks on 16:55 - Sep 20 with 5844 viewsjackjackjackjack

Is Leon going to be the new Garry Monk?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Leon Speaks on 17:04 - Sep 20 with 5816 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The BBC post was bits taken out of the total context of the interview.
The Press release was about the Cup game tomorrow and of course the reporters slipped in the questions about the results, shape, tactics & players.
Leon Speaks on 17:45 - Sep 20 with 5709 viewsPrivate_Partz

Thanks for that. I just saw the vid and read the transcript. 1.15 long vid and that was edited. Call me a cynical old Hector ;-)
I keep forgetting we have a match tomorrow and the majority of the conference was about that and was called because of it. Most of the questions surrounded the game and life after Ash. Leon's responses were reassuring on the the suggested rift in the camp.
Having said that it is odd Frankie was not there and in his absence you would have expected Curt to have done the biz. It does seem that Brits was there on his own and it was odd that the press did not ask where Frankie was. At least it was not picked up in the transcripts I believe. Happy to be corrected on that as I always find press websites a buggar to read.
I hope there is nothing in it and Frankie is not preparing to walk. We could end up with Leon as player / caretaker and Curt as assistant whilst Huw and Martin scour the earth for a replacement ;-)
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 17:54]

Leon Speaks on 17:49 - Sep 20 with 5688 viewsmonmouth

That is Bizarre. I haven't watched it yet but presumably the first question is "Leon, what the f**k are you doing here?"

Leon Speaks on 17:56 - Sep 20 with 5665 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon Speaks on 17:49 - Sep 20 by monmouth

That is Bizarre. I haven't watched it yet but presumably the first question is "Leon, what the f**k are you doing here?"

You would have thought that wouldn't you? Seems they are much better at reporting clips from their 'sources' and what they 'understand' rather than investigative journalism.

Leon Speaks on 18:15 - Sep 20 with 5613 viewsmonmouth

Full fat version

He also did one for MAn City away a year ago and Man U three years ago according to you tube clips.

Leon Speaks on 18:17 - Sep 20 with 5603 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leon Speaks on 18:15 - Sep 20 by monmouth

Full fat version

He also did one for MAn City away a year ago and Man U three years ago according to you tube clips.

That is the one that I watched.
Leon Speaks on 19:31 - Sep 20 with 5450 viewsbonymine

Leon Speaks on 17:45 - Sep 20 by Private_Partz

Thanks for that. I just saw the vid and read the transcript. 1.15 long vid and that was edited. Call me a cynical old Hector ;-)
I keep forgetting we have a match tomorrow and the majority of the conference was about that and was called because of it. Most of the questions surrounded the game and life after Ash. Leon's responses were reassuring on the the suggested rift in the camp.
Having said that it is odd Frankie was not there and in his absence you would have expected Curt to have done the biz. It does seem that Brits was there on his own and it was odd that the press did not ask where Frankie was. At least it was not picked up in the transcripts I believe. Happy to be corrected on that as I always find press websites a buggar to read.
I hope there is nothing in it and Frankie is not preparing to walk. We could end up with Leon as player / caretaker and Curt as assistant whilst Huw and Martin scour the earth for a replacement ;-)
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 17:54]

Huw and Martin eh......

Jekyll and F*ckng Hyde more like sell out b*stards they're not fit to still be in this city let alone this Club it'll all catch up with them sooner rather than later.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Leon Speaks on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 5308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leon Speaks on 14:18 - Sep 20 by monmouth

Not sure I can think of any other manager that has needed one of the players to say 'we have to respect him' in public, or that would tolerate it. Support or help, maybe, justify his faith in us, definitely....but, 'respect'. Nah. It's over.

If it wasn't take out of context , like I have read others say then I would be worried it was the end too. Very strange FG wasn't there though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024