Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best XI 13:15 - Sep 22 with 3139 viewstherealme

It's as clear as day, isn't it?!

Montero Borja Barrow
Midfield 3 of Siggy, Leon and Ki/Fer whichever is fit or on form
Kingsley Amat VDH/Mawson Rangel
Fab

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Best XI on 13:20 - Sep 22 with 3106 viewsPegojack

I didn't see the game last night, but I fear for Rangel these days against any pacy Premier League winger, as we saw against Redmond on Sunday. Naughton may not be the world's greatest, but at least he has the pace to stick with his man.
Best XI on 13:28 - Sep 22 with 3058 viewskarnataka

I'd love that to be our best team and wish it was that simple but any manager who has done his homework on us and had us watched will know that Montero and Barrow do not track back so would target our fullbacks provided they have the right players to do it. If they don't they would target our lack of numbers in midfield instead.

That lineup would certainly be ok against some teams but not against all. Unfortunately, there are some teams who would tear that lineup to shreds otherwise picking a team would be easy.
Best XI on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 3036 viewsmax936

We've got maybe 14/16 players, that we're able to chose 11 players from that we could put out on the field to compete and how many of those could you say are premier league quality after 5 yrs in the Prem that's ridiculous in fairness.

It's all Frankie's fault though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Best XI on 13:44 - Sep 22 with 3009 viewsmax936

No Cork then?, but Ki"s there, l wouldn't have Ki anywhere never the first 11 at the moment, for all Corks faults at least he try's, puts a tackle in and works hard.
In my opinion anyway.

Best XI on 14:00 - Sep 22 with 2965 viewsScotia

I wouldn't have Ki anywhere near the team at the moment.

That is the team that should have started against Hull. I think we'd have won comfortably. Instead we totally played in to their hands and lost, awesome management.
Best XI on 14:13 - Sep 22 with 2931 viewsjack247

Siggy, Montero and Barrow is a recipe for disaster.

If you are going to play the two wingers, you need two reasonably defensive midfielders as the full backs will need a lot of protecting. They won't link with Siggy, they will just beat full backs and get crosses in. Nothing wrong with that, but you would be better off playing Borja behind Llorente or just going two up front.

Siggys talents are wasted if he has no one to link with.
Best XI on 14:19 - Sep 22 with 2911 viewsmax936

Best XI on 14:13 - Sep 22 by jack247

Siggy, Montero and Barrow is a recipe for disaster.

If you are going to play the two wingers, you need two reasonably defensive midfielders as the full backs will need a lot of protecting. They won't link with Siggy, they will just beat full backs and get crosses in. Nothing wrong with that, but you would be better off playing Borja behind Llorente or just going two up front.

Siggys talents are wasted if he has no one to link with.

Excellent post J.

Best XI on 14:21 - Sep 22 with 2905 viewsLeonisGod

Best XI on 13:20 - Sep 22 by Pegojack

I didn't see the game last night, but I fear for Rangel these days against any pacy Premier League winger, as we saw against Redmond on Sunday. Naughton may not be the world's greatest, but at least he has the pace to stick with his man.

He was fine last night. He's got the extra yard on Naughton just in his head.

He's obviously not the answer long term, and it's p1ss poor that we haven't been able to replace him with better, but I still think I prefer him to Naughton.
Login to get fewer ads

Best XI on 14:59 - Sep 22 with 2832 viewstomdickharry

You can juggle the names about and come up with the same answer,a shocking window.Honestly don't know what our best X1 is and neither does Guido,whoever he picks on Saturday will have one heck of a job on their hands,because Man City will show us no mercy.
Best XI on 15:04 - Sep 22 with 2813 viewsLegend83

Best XI on 14:59 - Sep 22 by tomdickharry

You can juggle the names about and come up with the same answer,a shocking window.Honestly don't know what our best X1 is and neither does Guido,whoever he picks on Saturday will have one heck of a job on their hands,because Man City will show us no mercy.

Which is fine against City.

But he needs to have worked out the best XI by the time we come to play the likes of Watford and Stoke.
Best XI on 15:34 - Sep 22 with 2744 viewsjasper_T

Best XI on 15:04 - Sep 22 by Legend83

Which is fine against City.

But he needs to have worked out the best XI by the time we come to play the likes of Watford and Stoke.

We don't have a best 11 that's going to work for every match and situation, and some of those players can't perform for more than 45 minutes a game. Some of our best players don't suit the strengths of other best players.

There are holes in the team that Guidolin can't fill properly with the squad he's been given. Constant tinkering is going to be necessary to get us through till January, and the problem with tinkering is you're not always going to get it right.
Best XI on 17:27 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewsvetchonian

Best XI on 13:37 - Sep 22 by max936

We've got maybe 14/16 players, that we're able to chose 11 players from that we could put out on the field to compete and how many of those could you say are premier league quality after 5 yrs in the Prem that's ridiculous in fairness.

It's all Frankie's fault though.

Amazing 5 years after we arrived in the PL with the likes of Tate,Gower,Caulker,Ash,Rangel,Leon,Sinclair,Dyer,Leroy Lita,Luke Moore,Danny Graham, Dobbie,Orlandi, and took the league by storm we now seem to be struggling.
When we arrived we had a core of a squad who knew how we played, had their chests puffed out as they never thought they would ever be there...last night Leon,Routs and Rangel were seen to be stand out..though many still fail to see the contribution ROuts makes....along the way we have recruited a few "Bertie big b0**cks" players we hoped woud fit in but more recently what we could afford who looks good and alsolost our team spirit whihc had been forged.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 17:34]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Best XI on 17:47 - Sep 22 with 2628 viewsbennytee

The opening post should read "best XI to beat weaker opposition"
It's the most popular side in most peoples minds but as said by others the lack of protection offered by Barrow and Montero would be suicidal.
Best XI on 17:51 - Sep 22 with 2613 viewsjasper_T

Best XI on 17:47 - Sep 22 by bennytee

The opening post should read "best XI to beat weaker opposition"
It's the most popular side in most peoples minds but as said by others the lack of protection offered by Barrow and Montero would be suicidal.

I'm not even sure they'd be effective trying to link up with each other in attack.
Best XI on 18:01 - Sep 22 with 2595 viewsbennytee

Best XI on 17:51 - Sep 22 by jasper_T

I'm not even sure they'd be effective trying to link up with each other in attack.

it puts the issue with Ayew fitting into our side/style into perspective
Best XI on 18:35 - Sep 22 with 2546 viewsjack247

Best XI on 17:51 - Sep 22 by jasper_T

They wouldn't. A lot of people seem to think that a teams best eleven is its best individuals. It rarely works out that way, it's the eleven players that make the best team.
Best XI on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 2521 viewsWatchman

Best XI on 17:27 - Sep 22 by vetchonian

Amazing 5 years after we arrived in the PL with the likes of Tate,Gower,Caulker,Ash,Rangel,Leon,Sinclair,Dyer,Leroy Lita,Luke Moore,Danny Graham, Dobbie,Orlandi, and took the league by storm we now seem to be struggling.
When we arrived we had a core of a squad who knew how we played, had their chests puffed out as they never thought they would ever be there...last night Leon,Routs and Rangel were seen to be stand out..though many still fail to see the contribution ROuts makes....along the way we have recruited a few "Bertie big b0**cks" players we hoped woud fit in but more recently what we could afford who looks good and alsolost our team spirit whihc had been forged.

Go back to the old maxim that we were told to take on board 'it is not who you bring in but who you keep away!' ' we want young hungry ambitious players'

Hand on heart can anyone who supports our club say that those two rules have been adhered too in the past couple of years

There has been a total lack of quality decision making at the top and they have allowed their ego and wallet to get in the way of the betterment of the club

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Best XI on 19:01 - Sep 22 with 2510 viewsjasper_T

Personally I think it's the quality rather than mentality that's been lacking in the last few windows.
Best XI on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 2509 viewsNeathJack

Best XI on 13:28 - Sep 22 by karnataka

I'd love that to be our best team and wish it was that simple but any manager who has done his homework on us and had us watched will know that Montero and Barrow do not track back so would target our fullbacks provided they have the right players to do it. If they don't they would target our lack of numbers in midfield instead.

That lineup would certainly be ok against some teams but not against all. Unfortunately, there are some teams who would tear that lineup to shreds otherwise picking a team would be easy.

I'd love to see a team target our full backs leaving them completely exposed to the pace of Montero and Barrow on the break.
Best XI on 19:06 - Sep 22 with 2495 viewsWatchman

Best XI on 19:01 - Sep 22 by jasper_T

Personally I think it's the quality rather than mentality that's been lacking in the last few windows.

Both

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Best XI on 19:15 - Sep 22 with 2479 viewsyescomeon

Don't rare Montero effective maybe 1 in 10 games. Only decent winger we have is Barrow. Best formation is a lose diamond with Barrow and Borja up front Siggy behind. So it can slip into a 4231 at times. Midfield 3 Britton Cork and Fer, Fulton when Britton needs a rest with Fer pushing forwards to make it a 4231 when attacking. Back 4 Kingsley Amat naughton and van der Hoorn atm but maybe mawson as the season goes on. Goalkeeper is the Fabianski obviously.

Upthecity!

Best XI on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 2441 viewsmax936

Best XI on 17:27 - Sep 22 by vetchonian

We seem to have virtually stood still on the recruitment side of things to be honest, apart from a hand full of signings we've added some pure dross, who'd struggle to get a game down at Ashley Rd. Ok a slight exaggeration, but you get my point

Best XI on 22:28 - Sep 22 with 2292 viewsjack247

Best XI on 19:02 - Sep 22 by NeathJack

I'd love to see a team target our full backs leaving them completely exposed to the pace of Montero and Barrow on the break.

They really wouldn't need to target our full backs if we played both of our flying wingers, they would be exposed a lot anyway. All the opposition would have to do is break quickly when one of them got dispossessed.

Playing them both is ideal when we are chasing a game and it's shit or bust. I think you need one of them starting games, because we do need someone who can frighten opposition full backs. Both of the would need way too much covering though.
Best XI on 15:20 - Sep 23 with 2092 viewskarnataka

Best XI on 19:02 - Sep 22 by NeathJack

Well you'll probably get your wish very soon then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024