Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone hates the Welsh language 17:39 - Sep 23 with 26166 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/carmarthen-bookshop-fails-to-sell-welsh-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everyone hates the Welsh language (n/t) on 01:40 - Sep 27 with 2294 viewsSwanjaxs

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:16 - Sep 27 by owainglyndwr

I am and my family are proud Celts of Ireland Scotland and Cymru descendants.
I have always encourage my sons to speak welsh which they do and also have a collie with the understanding of Welsh commands.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 1:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 01:41 - Sep 27 with 2292 viewsperchrockjack

I'm a member of the human race with language being of utter irrelevance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 01:46 - Sep 27 with 2292 viewsSwanjaxs

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:16 - Sep 27 by owainglyndwr

I am and my family are proud Celts of Ireland Scotland and Cymru descendants.
I have always encourage my sons to speak welsh which they do and also have a collie with the understanding of Welsh commands.

When Brother Walfrid founded Glasgow Celtic in 1888 he named the club after the five Celtic regions of Europe. .. Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Bretton and Iberia making it the team for the Celtic Nations 🍀☘🍀☘

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 10:44 - Sep 27 with 2232 viewsfather_jack

surprised trampie hasnt stuck his 2p worth in.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 12:50 - Sep 27 with 2212 viewsTaliesin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 01:41 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

That's obvious from the way you type in English!
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 12:52 - Sep 27 with 2208 viewsTaliesin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 01:46 - Sep 27 by Swanjaxs

When Brother Walfrid founded Glasgow Celtic in 1888 he named the club after the five Celtic regions of Europe. .. Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Bretton and Iberia making it the team for the Celtic Nations 🍀☘🍀☘

Didn't he recognise Kernow and the Manx?

Serious question - not taking the piss.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:02 - Sep 27 with 2197 viewsLeonisGod

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 01:41 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

Irrelevant my @rse. In this context Welsh has a proud history pre-dating English by a long, long way. You'd be the first to whinge if Arabic was enforced on you.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:24 - Sep 27 with 2184 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:02 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

Irrelevant my @rse. In this context Welsh has a proud history pre-dating English by a long, long way. You'd be the first to whinge if Arabic was enforced on you.

I don't understand the point you're making
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:31 - Sep 27 with 2181 viewsLeonisGod

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:24 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

I don't understand the point you're making

The Welsh language has a long history of use that it's speakers can feel rightly proud of. It should be celebrated, not ridiculed by non-speakers.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:47 - Sep 27 with 2172 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:31 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

The Welsh language has a long history of use that it's speakers can feel rightly proud of. It should be celebrated, not ridiculed by non-speakers.

Sure, no reason they can't be proud of it.

There is also no reason that the majority (if they wanted to) could stop paying for its promotion/preservation.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:56 - Sep 27 with 2167 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:47 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

Sure, no reason they can't be proud of it.

There is also no reason that the majority (if they wanted to) could stop paying for its promotion/preservation.

An interesting argument if taken to the point where we were able to decide where our tax money is spent, of being able to veto where our deductions are directed.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:00 - Sep 27 with 2155 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:56 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

An interesting argument if taken to the point where we were able to decide where our tax money is spent, of being able to veto where our deductions are directed.

Yeh, but don't we already have an indirect way of doing that via regular, freely held elections?
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:05 - Sep 27 with 2151 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:00 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

Yeh, but don't we already have an indirect way of doing that via regular, freely held elections?

Surely you're not so naive as to imagine the charade is anything to do with putting real influence into hands too difficult to control?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:13 - Sep 27 with 2138 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:05 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

Surely you're not so naive as to imagine the charade is anything to do with putting real influence into hands too difficult to control?

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:17 - Sep 27 with 2138 viewsSwanjaxs

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 12:52 - Sep 27 by Taliesin

Didn't he recognise Kernow and the Manx?

Serious question - not taking the piss.

No good question... my fault as should have said Nations not regions 👍

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:17 - Sep 27 with 1936 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:05 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

You've lost me a bit.

You're saying that I'm naive if I think that elections are a way for us peasants to influence policy?

If that is what you're saying, I know what you mean but I don't think it's that drastic haha. Not a complete sham just yet!
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:28 - Sep 27 with 1919 viewsDarran

There you look what I've achieved here.

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/book-shop-sells-out-welsh-scrabble-after-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:01 - Sep 27 with 1899 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:17 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

You've lost me a bit.

You're saying that I'm naive if I think that elections are a way for us peasants to influence policy?

If that is what you're saying, I know what you mean but I don't think it's that drastic haha. Not a complete sham just yet!

It is my contention that everything above local level is a complete sham. The only politicians that will be allowed anywhere near the actual levers of power are those permitted to do so by finance, any genuine potential threat to the status quo will be destroyed by a prostituted media.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:05 - Sep 27 with 1894 viewsperchrockjack

It's only relevant if you speak it as mother tongue as most in Gwynedd do.

Pretty defensive stuff really.

Ifs mean nowt.

There s a life to be lived out there .

Look forward not backwards

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:08 - Sep 27 with 1894 viewsWingstandwood

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:17 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

You've lost me a bit.

Lohengrin (and some others) are evidently more intelligent/less naive than you and it is understandable that you would get lost!

I get lost myself at times on here also, albeit a little less than yourself. The trick is not to overstretch yourself on here and refrain from debate that is way above your level, life-experience, background knowledge of and expertise.

Argus!

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:55 - Sep 27 with 1871 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:08 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Lohengrin (and some others) are evidently more intelligent/less naive than you and it is understandable that you would get lost!

I get lost myself at times on here also, albeit a little less than yourself. The trick is not to overstretch yourself on here and refrain from debate that is way above your level, life-experience, background knowledge of and expertise.

No, I'm just not ashamed to ask for clarification when needed, so that I don't get the wrong end of the stick. It's not really about intelligence.

But since you brought up intelligence and background and life experience and expertise, I am curious to know what yours is? You give the impression that we are very lucky to have a person of your stature on this forum, so what is it?
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:26 - Sep 27 with 1851 viewsWingstandwood

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:55 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

No, I'm just not ashamed to ask for clarification when needed, so that I don't get the wrong end of the stick. It's not really about intelligence.

But since you brought up intelligence and background and life experience and expertise, I am curious to know what yours is? You give the impression that we are very lucky to have a person of your stature on this forum, so what is it?

Lucky to have a person of my statue on this forum? You're joking! I would have failed my 11 plus...AND!!... For years aggressively (hindsight now says over excessive) stated the fact that all cranes were all painted yellow until?..... One day a blue one turned up.

Argus!

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:59 - Sep 27 with 1838 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:26 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Lucky to have a person of my statue on this forum? You're joking! I would have failed my 11 plus...AND!!... For years aggressively (hindsight now says over excessive) stated the fact that all cranes were all painted yellow until?..... One day a blue one turned up.

All talk and swagger until someone calls you out, then you cower into a self-deprecating average Joe.

Next
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 1832 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 1825 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:03 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Predictable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024