Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone hates the Welsh language 17:39 - Sep 23 with 26212 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/carmarthen-bookshop-fails-to-sell-welsh-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:25 - Sep 30 with 1919 viewsperchrockjack

Union.
It's god s work I tell you.

Some Deluded dark souls on here that are in full denial of the fact we live in a much smaller world .

Wales will be left behind with these attitudes.

Hang on, it is.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:40 - Sep 30 with 1908 viewsmajorraglan

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:47 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

The Welsh Government have committed to 1 million welsh speakers by 2020. Fantastic news. From strength to strength.

I think 1 million is a bit optimistic, but the more the merrier!

Our language and culture defines who we are and we should be proud to be Welsh and have our own language. Where I live and work the Welsh language is very much part of every day life and it's great to see so many kids going in to Welsh schools. Being able to speak Welsh is an advantage.

As I was typing this up, Dafydd Iwan and Yma O Hyd was playing on the radio, have a listen to it and if you don't understand Welsh translate the lyrics to English, there's a message in there.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:45 - Sep 30 with 1901 viewsCatullus

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 20:46 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

Well the god awfwl wars in Iraq and Afghanistan cost circa £30 billion - the Westminster government seems to find lots of money when it feels like. Priorities eh ?

And that right there is the biggest problem, there's always money for wars.

ECB, the problem isn't that people don't understand Welsh, it's that they don't understand that some place names sound very different but are the same place. If they knew what it was they could disregard, there'd be no issue.

And quite honestly, having to explain that......again......validates Uxbridge's comment just in reverse!

We have a lot of people in the UK who barely understand English, never mind tourists. But lets write them all of as being thick eh, because it's easier.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:56 - Sep 30 with 1888 viewsKilkennyjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:25 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

Union.
It's god s work I tell you.

Some Deluded dark souls on here that are in full denial of the fact we live in a much smaller world .

Wales will be left behind with these attitudes.

Hang on, it is.

How do you know, you live in blydi England ?

I think its a generational thing.
Silly old people - like Perch - are stuck in a 1960's black and white type principality of wales.
The rest of us see our language as an integral part of an open, colourful, vibrant, modern welsh nation in Europe.

I know which version will win out.
The future is already assured 💪.

Beware of the Risen People

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 22:57 - Sep 30 with 1886 viewsnice_to_michu

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 22:21 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

Really ? i thought it was supposed to be the Peoples priorities. You are probably right mind.

I mean they paid out £850 billion to bail out the banks, when people would probably prefer their money spent elsewhere. Innit ?

Investment in supporting the welsh language seems a much better idea.

The people elected the government.

As for the bank bailout, would the "people" prefer the banking system to collapse? I doubt it.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 23:13 - Sep 30 with 1872 viewsCatullus

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:56 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

How do you know, you live in blydi England ?

I think its a generational thing.
Silly old people - like Perch - are stuck in a 1960's black and white type principality of wales.
The rest of us see our language as an integral part of an open, colourful, vibrant, modern welsh nation in Europe.

I know which version will win out.
The future is already assured 💪.

Personally I'd rather be a modern, vibrant country, in the UK, dealing with the world, restricting ourselves to Europe is so lacking in ambition. Besides, Europe is yesterdays news, it's a mess.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:00 - Oct 1 with 1859 viewsperchrockjack

Listen you supporter of killers of British people, I'm older and far more worldly than you, have done and seen more and many .

Pitiful knobs like uou give English people the excuse to rubbish backward cocks like you and hold Wales back.

I live 20 mins from Wales, five as the crow flies. I can see it from our number 1 bedroom. It's a reminder of how lucky I was to get away from cretins like you and the filth you come up with on here.

If anything or anyone proves my point it's you and lifelong, both utterly unable to see Welsh is meaningless in the wider world and that s not just from connahs quay to Chepstow.

Being brought up in the 50 s Welsh was virtually unheard of in industrial Swansea , it was a novelty when penclawdd cockle women came to market or the Ponty boys going to the rank for a scrap on nurses night on a Tuesday.

IF EVER A TOPIC SHOULD BE BANNED ITS THIS

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:51 - Oct 1 with 1825 viewslifelong

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:00 - Oct 1 by perchrockjack

Listen you supporter of killers of British people, I'm older and far more worldly than you, have done and seen more and many .

Pitiful knobs like uou give English people the excuse to rubbish backward cocks like you and hold Wales back.

I live 20 mins from Wales, five as the crow flies. I can see it from our number 1 bedroom. It's a reminder of how lucky I was to get away from cretins like you and the filth you come up with on here.

If anything or anyone proves my point it's you and lifelong, both utterly unable to see Welsh is meaningless in the wider world and that s not just from connahs quay to Chepstow.

Being brought up in the 50 s Welsh was virtually unheard of in industrial Swansea , it was a novelty when penclawdd cockle women came to market or the Ponty boys going to the rank for a scrap on nurses night on a Tuesday.

"Supporter of killers of British people"

Care to expand on that pretty serious allegation?
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:57 - Oct 1 with 1822 viewsMurph75

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 00:00 - Oct 1 by perchrockjack

It's not the topic that needs to be banned, it's you.

You're clearly unhinged.

Darran I can't believe you met this bloke in real life??
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 02:39 - Oct 1 with 1794 viewsperchrockjack

Don't worry murph. It won't happen again.

How about Welsh then

That sthe topic by the way.

Note the way it went downhill into sbuse and who started this sad business.

Got thst murph.

Nah, you wouldn't .

If I'm unhinged mi ll pray for prosser and you and all your wives and beasts of the fields.

FFS ,LOOK UP ,SEE THE LIGHT. LIVE. THANK JESUS. BUY A KITTEN .BUT do something to see the myopic mess you're in.

Darren is a Bentley driver apparently, so he s doing fine .

He ll be fine. He s alwAys happy

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 11:59 - Oct 1 with 1759 viewsunion_jack

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 22:57 - Sep 30 by nice_to_michu

As for the bank bailout, would the "people" prefer the banking system to collapse? I doubt it.

Well as long as Welsh thrives, who cares about the economic situation of the country.

According to some on here by the sounds of it!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:08 - Oct 1 with 1735 viewsperchrockjack

Dafydd iwan .

Bring on Cerys Matthews now.

Language is secondary to economy .

No?

Ok then

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:59 - Oct 1 with 1715 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:08 - Oct 1 by perchrockjack

Dafydd iwan .

Bring on Cerys Matthews now.

Language is secondary to economy .

No?

Ok then

I don't understand where you're coming from, Perch. We don't measure the value of everything in Pounds, shillings and pence.

Take old Doc here. You've sat there and listened to (and enjoyed, I hope) the song. The benefit you've just derived is intrinsic. You'll be glad of it for it's own sake, for what it is and the history it embodies not its earning potential. Language and music are both vital facets of our western culture, cherish the whole it's what makes us who and what we are.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:28 - Oct 1 with 1692 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks but disagree.
It's mon droit.

I stand by every word

There is no right no wrong as regards language and it's so devisive.

We need a Wales rejuvenated economically above all else .all we see are insults to monoglot Welsh people by the likes of lifelong and the poster with an Irish norm de plume, no doubt an oblique reference to the fenian struggles in the old country.

We ve four days left of this odyssey and I'm shattered mentally and physically. Wirral, I miss you

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 1687 viewslifelong

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:28 - Oct 1 by perchrockjack

Thanks but disagree.
It's mon droit.

I stand by every word

We need a Wales rejuvenated economically above all else .all we see are insults to monoglot Welsh people by the likes of lifelong and the poster with an Irish norm de plume, no doubt an oblique reference to the fenian struggles in the old country.

We ve four days left of this odyssey and I'm shattered mentally and physically. Wirral, I miss you

Yes, you are very insulting towards Welsh people.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:07 - Oct 1 with 1657 viewsjohnlangy

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 19:50 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

And if you don't understand a sign that has two languages, just read the bits you do understand. Rocket science it ain't.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 22:24]

I find this road sign problem very strange.

I remember when we went to France for the first time in our motorhome. I was driving a 23 foot motorhome on the 'wrong' side of the road and, surprisingly, the road signs were all in French. Not a bit of English in sight and somehow I managed to cope.

As others have said, it's really not that difficult.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 23:15 - Oct 1 with 1626 viewsexiledclaseboy

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:07 - Oct 1 by johnlangy

I find this road sign problem very strange.

I remember when we went to France for the first time in our motorhome. I was driving a 23 foot motorhome on the 'wrong' side of the road and, surprisingly, the road signs were all in French. Not a bit of English in sight and somehow I managed to cope.

As others have said, it's really not that difficult.

There is no road sign problem. Only a stupid people issue.

Poll: Tory leader

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 03:14 - Oct 2 with 1597 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 15:28 - Oct 1 by perchrockjack

Thanks but disagree.
It's mon droit.

I stand by every word

Where are you coming from, Perch, I'm struggling here? I bumped into a chap I hadn't seen in years earlier. He offered me he his hand and asked after my parents' well-being in Welsh. Rather nice of him, I thought. I don't quite see how that would retard the economy?

Help me out, fella'. I'm a bit lost.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 03:54 - Oct 2 with 1589 viewsperchrockjack

Haven't the time.
You re intelligent enjoin to work it out.

I'm still stuck as to how learning Welsh makes languages like polish ,Portuguese or romansch any easier.

Maybe you can help me

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 08:55 - Oct 2 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:45 - Sep 30 by Catullus

And that right there is the biggest problem, there's always money for wars.

ECB, the problem isn't that people don't understand Welsh, it's that they don't understand that some place names sound very different but are the same place. If they knew what it was they could disregard, there'd be no issue.

And quite honestly, having to explain that......again......validates Uxbridge's comment just in reverse!

We have a lot of people in the UK who barely understand English, never mind tourists. But lets write them all of as being thick eh, because it's easier.

Or let's not pretend that bilingual road signs create a massive road safety problem when there's no evidence to suggest that they do purely for Wales haters to have a moan about the language.

Poll: Tory leader

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:49 - Oct 2 with 1526 viewsperchrockjack

Bilingual signs aren't seen as such.

Pointless ,of course.

Pretentious too as many English names aren't translatable .

Just more diversion from what s truly important.

Divides us all.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:58 - Oct 2 with 1518 viewsKilkennyjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 13:49 - Oct 2 by perchrockjack

Bilingual signs aren't seen as such.

Pointless ,of course.

Pretentious too as many English names aren't translatable .

Just more diversion from what s truly important.

Divides us all.

You might find the welsh names were here first ....😂👏

Beware of the Risen People

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 14:22 - Oct 2 with 1509 viewsperchrockjack

Still

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 18:17 - Oct 2 with 1481 viewsjohnlangy

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 22:57 - Sep 30 by nice_to_michu

I'm sure they wouldn't like to see the banking system collapse.

But, going back to a completely different topic I think they'd prefer it if the people who caused the crash paid for it rather than ordinary working people who didn't cause it.
Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 19:15 - Oct 2 with 1464 viewsLohengrin

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 18:17 - Oct 2 by johnlangy

I'm sure they wouldn't like to see the banking system collapse.

But, going back to a completely different topic I think they'd prefer it if the people who caused the crash paid for it rather than ordinary working people who didn't cause it.

I don't think you appreciate our deigned position in the grand scheme of things. We pond life are there to play the part of gullible pawns to the money power, not question or challenge it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024