Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone hates the Welsh language 17:39 - Sep 23 with 26290 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/carmarthen-bookshop-fails-to-sell-welsh-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 20:14 - Oct 2 with 1986 viewsCatullus

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 08:55 - Oct 2 by exiledclaseboy

Or let's not pretend that bilingual road signs create a massive road safety problem when there's no evidence to suggest that they do purely for Wales haters to have a moan about the language.

I never said "massive road safety problem" they are your words. But if you have to exaggerate my words to try and prove your point, carry on.

Edit,

Plus, I don't hate Wales or the language, that's just another assumption on your part. I'm very proud to be Welsh but likewise British. Teaching Welsh in schools and colleges is great.
Spending money on bilingualism when schools, hospitals, the ambulance service and the police are facing cuts isn't great.
If you think bilingual road signs are more important than saving a life, again, carry on.

We can agree to disagree.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 20:22]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 20:24 - Oct 2 with 1972 viewsexiledclaseboy

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 20:14 - Oct 2 by Catullus

I never said "massive road safety problem" they are your words. But if you have to exaggerate my words to try and prove your point, carry on.

Edit,

Plus, I don't hate Wales or the language, that's just another assumption on your part. I'm very proud to be Welsh but likewise British. Teaching Welsh in schools and colleges is great.
Spending money on bilingualism when schools, hospitals, the ambulance service and the police are facing cuts isn't great.
If you think bilingual road signs are more important than saving a life, again, carry on.

We can agree to disagree.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 20:22]

If you think bilingual road signs in any way divert money from hospitals etc you carry on yourself. Dear god.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 20:25]

Poll: Tory leader

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 20:31 - Oct 2 with 1963 viewsCatullus

Everyone hates the Welsh languag on 19:15 - Oct 2 by Lohengrin

I don't think you appreciate our deigned position in the grand scheme of things. We pond life are there to play the part of gullible pawns to the money power, not question or challenge it.

I think you and Langy are both right. Us pond scum would prefer the people responsible to pay the costs themselves.

Wanting something to happen is different to expecting it to happen.

There are a lot of people in this country who should be called to account for many bad things that have happened. But they are part of the elitist group that runs our world. They will mostly be protected, we get an occasional scape gost thrown to our lions and that's all we can expect really.

Unless there's a revolution! !!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 20:03 - Oct 4 with 1902 viewsperchrockjack

So where are we on this classic thread

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 21:02 - Oct 4 with 1887 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

I know that Darran has his own cheeky way of stimulating debate, but saying "Everyone hates the Welsh language" is a bit of a sweeping statement even by his standards. It's like saying "everyone hates men with beards", "everyone hates woolly hats" or "everyone hates black people". Obviously these statements are not true.
It's ridiculous what some people choose to hate. Life's too short ffs. One percent of the population have psychopathic personalities and probably hate everyone and everything, apart from themselves. The remaining 99% should chill out and live in the moment, and stop wasting energy hating this or that thing, unless it's hurting you.
After 9/11 I realised that we all need to try to get on or we're fu cked.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:34 - Oct 4 with 1859 viewsperchrockjack

My experience over the past 12 days is thst more than ever language is divisive especially when a minority speak it.

It takes on a greater but darker significance

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:46 - Oct 4 with 1855 viewslonglostjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:34 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

My experience over the past 12 days is thst more than ever language is divisive especially when a minority speak it.

Quoi?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 10:53 - Oct 5 with 1818 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 22:34 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

You're right, language does seem very divisive, but who is causing this divisiveness ? The Europeans seem a lot more chilled about having several languages, and most of them speak more than one. However, the English speaking monoglots of Britain seem very uptight about the issue and seem very put out about the fact that some people have the audacity to communicate in a language they don't understand.
Login to get fewer ads

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:08 - Oct 5 with 1786 viewsperchrockjack

English are fine,trust me. I live amongst them.

Problem is defensive attitude from Welsh .its evidenced on here.

It doesn't do us any favours.

I guarantee I will get more insults about this even though no person is directly insulted by me.

Get me drift like

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 1778 viewslifelong

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:08 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

I guarantee I will get more insults about this even though no person is directly insulted by me.

Get me drift like

On this very thread you've referred to another poster as a 'pitiful knob, a backward cock and a supporter of killers of British people."

Pretty insulting don't you think?
AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:32 - Oct 5 with 1777 viewsDarran

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:29 - Oct 5 by lifelong

On this very thread you've referred to another poster as a 'pitiful knob, a backward cock and a supporter of killers of British people."

Pretty insulting don't you think?

Ignore him Rog the blokes a f*cking hypocritical nutcase.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:27 - Oct 5 with 1767 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah please ignore me right .oity Darran doesn't.

As for hypocrisy then I'm an ingenue compared with pross .

Just look at what is posted ,then attack the post not the poster.

Both of you fail abjectively

This "debate" initiated by pross was no doubt yet another attempt to wind up, to annoy others and to pass the time of day.

Pitiful

Oh, and finally, ask why a language ,any language, should divide. It doesn't ? It's not Welsh speakers fault?

Na

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:35 - Oct 5 with 1764 viewsDarran

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:27 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

This "debate" initiated by pross was no doubt yet another attempt to wind up, to annoy others and to pass the time of day.

Pitiful

Oh, and finally, ask why a language ,any language, should divide. It doesn't ? It's not Welsh speakers fault?

Na

So I've wound you up then?

That makes me feel all warm inside.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:05 - Oct 5 with 1750 viewslifelong

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 16:27 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

Pitiful

Na

I don't wish to be insulting but I think you've got a screw loose.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:16 - Oct 5 with 1747 viewsDarran

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:05 - Oct 5 by lifelong

He's condoning violence in the Joey Barton thread too,very strange.

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:46 - Oct 5 with 1740 viewsKilkennyjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:05 - Oct 5 by lifelong

Innit 😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 19:12 - Oct 5 with 1720 viewsKilkennyjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 10:53 - Oct 5 by JacksawayatWalesgame

You're right, language does seem very divisive, but who is causing this divisiveness ? The Europeans seem a lot more chilled about having several languages, and most of them speak more than one. However, the English speaking monoglots of Britain seem very uptight about the issue and seem very put out about the fact that some people have the audacity to communicate in a language they don't understand.

Great post. So true.

Beware of the Risen People

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 20:16 - Oct 5 with 1704 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

AEveryone hates the Welsh language on 15:08 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

Get me drift like

I wasn't talking specifically about English people, I said English speaking monoglots of Britain, and this includes many Welsh people. It's them who often have the biggest hangups about Wales' indigenous though minority language. Take a chill pill ffs. The world has bigger problems than some people choosing to use an old Celtic language. Somewhere in the world someone's dropping bombs on children. Get on your fuc king high horse about that if you've got some spare time.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 21:49 - Oct 5 with 1674 viewsperchrockjack

Don't bring your equine issues on here .

Maybe, read what you see and think first

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 08:50 - Oct 6 with 1629 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 21:49 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

Don't bring your equine issues on here .

Maybe, read what you see and think first

Too cryptic for me, you've lost me there mate. Lovely morning again isn't it ?
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:31 - May 17 with 1123 viewswalkingdude

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 17:45 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Agree!.... And?..... I had a premonition that you would say that also! We are two minds alike! Because?.... Both you and myself are nothing but a pair of 'pseudo-intellectual/jumped-up-pair-of-little-tw#ts' armed with a spell-checker.

The trouble is?..... I get the inkling everybody has started to notice!

Well you need a little more than a spell checker sport. You pepper your paragraph with conjunctions at the start of sentences, comas with conjunctions and just about all other errors. 'You and I' not 'you and myself' you f*****g half whit!

Stay on sites where 12 year old lads can express opinions in a more coherent manner and where an attempt at sarcasm might come across as funny.

You Welsh p** me off... Always bitching about one thing or another. You seem to thrive on the idea that you are down trodden... You protect a silly bog language which is only grunts and phlegm gathering... You don't even have your own country/passports/ National identity.

Enjoy the royal wedding you subservient obsequious nation of short c**ts.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:52 - May 17 with 1094 viewslonglostjack

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:31 - May 17 by walkingdude

Well you need a little more than a spell checker sport. You pepper your paragraph with conjunctions at the start of sentences, comas with conjunctions and just about all other errors. 'You and I' not 'you and myself' you f*****g half whit!

Stay on sites where 12 year old lads can express opinions in a more coherent manner and where an attempt at sarcasm might come across as funny.

You Welsh p** me off... Always bitching about one thing or another. You seem to thrive on the idea that you are down trodden... You protect a silly bog language which is only grunts and phlegm gathering... You don't even have your own country/passports/ National identity.

Half wit you dullard. Furthermore it's capital letters as in Royal Wedding. Not that any sane person gives a feck about the German family.

Tu-whit tu-whoo !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 18:53 - May 17 with 1090 viewsJackfath

Short?

I am 6 foot 4.

How tall are you my English chum?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Everyone hates the Welsh language on 19:16 - May 17 with 1069 viewslifelong

Ah! Perchy has changed his name again.
Everyone hates the Welsh language on 19:27 - May 17 with 1050 viewsLeonWasGod

Is that you Anne Robinson?

Top attempt at trolling. Although trolling is supposed to make others look stupid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024