Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tattoo Advice 22:16 - Sep 28 with 5152 viewsmacthejack

So I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo and was wondering where the best tattoo shop in Swansea and the surrounding area is. It's a relatively simple design (I think so anyway, it's based on concentric circles) but I've seen people that have had simple designs absolutely butchered so I'm obviously keen to avoid that.
Tattoo Advice on 22:26 - Sep 28 with 4248 viewsportsidejack

Best tattoo Artist around the Swansea area has got to be the lad in Morriston his name is Craig Holmes ,Google him you want be disappointed with is work.
Tattoo Advice on 03:34 - Sep 29 with 4163 viewsperchrockjack

Or save your money and then not regret it.

It's a national obsession right now.

Older you get ,worse they look

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tattoo Advice on 04:33 - Sep 29 with 4156 viewsDyfnant

Make sure your aware of the potential health implications beforehand

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Tattoo Advice on 06:18 - Sep 29 with 4136 viewsjack247

Tattoo Advice on 22:26 - Sep 28 by portsidejack

Best tattoo Artist around the Swansea area has got to be the lad in Morriston his name is Craig Holmes ,Google him you want be disappointed with is work.

Craig trades as Iron Horse tattoos
Tattoo Advice on 06:39 - Sep 29 with 4123 viewsbazzool

Take a look in the market, abertawe tattoos i think, he used to do paintings in the market of swansea sceneries but turned to tattooing , very good
Tattoo Advice on 08:52 - Sep 29 with 4050 viewsmonmouth

Tattoo Advice on 03:34 - Sep 29 by perchrockjack

We are in total agreement on this one.

And soon to be in a minority probably. Laser surgery is going to be a very lucrative business as people get older and realise their voluntary mutilations are really for life.

Each to their own though. I would have probably followed the herd myself had it been the rage when I was young. Forces only in those days thank god.

Advice? Ok, if you're going to do it, don't pick something you'll tire of or that is based on 'fashion', and don't go near your face!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tattoo Advice on 09:03 - Sep 29 with 4040 viewsbuilthjack

Tattoo advice - don't do it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tattoo Advice on 09:19 - Sep 29 with 4024 viewsmajorraglan

Tattoo Advice on 03:34 - Sep 29 by perchrockjack

Agreed, they look much worse as you get older.

If you are going to have one make sure it's somewhere that you can cover it up, tattoos on the hands, neck, face can't be covered and you will most likely regret it for ever.

Guy I worked with had previously been in the army and had a tattoo on each hand. He was a great bloke, ex RSM and he always regretted having the tattoo as whenever went to shake someone's hand it was just about the first thing people would see. They say First impressions count and lots of people initially had the wrong one about him.
Login to get fewer ads

Tattoo Advice on 09:23 - Sep 29 with 4021 viewsnice_to_michu

The time to get a tattoo and look cool having one was about 10 years ago.

Now they are common as muck. It's a bit like the phase where everyone has beards, it's not that cool anymore, it's normal.

But you can always get rid of a beard with ease, unlike a tattoo....
Tattoo Advice on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 4009 viewsmonmouth

Tattoo Advice on 09:23 - Sep 29 by nice_to_michu

The time to get a tattoo and look cool having one was about 10 years ago.

Now they are common as muck. It's a bit like the phase where everyone has beards, it's not that cool anymore, it's normal.

But you can always get rid of a beard with ease, unlike a tattoo....

What about those daft nutters that have beards and tattoos.

Whatcha think Paul?

Tattoo Advice on 09:45 - Sep 29 with 3993 viewsjohnlangy

Tattoo Advice on 09:19 - Sep 29 by majorraglan

Agreed, they look much worse as you get older.

If you are going to have one make sure it's somewhere that you can cover it up, tattoos on the hands, neck, face can't be covered and you will most likely regret it for ever.

Guy I worked with had previously been in the army and had a tattoo on each hand. He was a great bloke, ex RSM and he always regretted having the tattoo as whenever went to shake someone's hand it was just about the first thing people would see. They say First impressions count and lots of people initially had the wrong one about him.

Some people who have a tattoo have it done because they genuinely like them and will be happy to keep them. But I imagine most are having it done because it's fashionable.

In the 70's the fashion was brightly coloured platform boots and flairs. Imagine 5 million blokes walking around now dressed like that (if they were not removeable like tattoos). That's what people with tattoos are going to look like in the future.

Another point. Having tattoos is a personal choice, a lifestyle choice. Well, eating, drinking and smoking too much is a lifestyle choice and the NHS is awash with people needing help with their health and looks because of that choice. Will all those millions of people be asking their GP's in 10/20 years time for an operation on the NHS to get rid of them ?
Tattoo Advice on 09:48 - Sep 29 with 3988 viewsmonmouth

Tattoo Advice on 09:45 - Sep 29 by johnlangy

Some people who have a tattoo have it done because they genuinely like them and will be happy to keep them. But I imagine most are having it done because it's fashionable.

In the 70's the fashion was brightly coloured platform boots and flairs. Imagine 5 million blokes walking around now dressed like that (if they were not removeable like tattoos). That's what people with tattoos are going to look like in the future.

Another point. Having tattoos is a personal choice, a lifestyle choice. Well, eating, drinking and smoking too much is a lifestyle choice and the NHS is awash with people needing help with their health and looks because of that choice. Will all those millions of people be asking their GP's in 10/20 years time for an operation on the NHS to get rid of them ?

That's a ridiculous comment.

Like there'll be an NHS in 10 or 20 years time.

Tattoo Advice on 09:49 - Sep 29 with 3986 viewsnice_to_michu

Good point.

If someone claims that the tattoo is the cause of their mental illness/depression etc, would they be entitled to have the tattoo removed for free I wonder?
Tattoo Advice on 10:25 - Sep 29 with 3958 viewsjackal

Best tattoo advice. Don't do it!

Save your money.
No pain.
No regrets.
Tattoo Advice on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 3943 viewsPegojack

Don't do it, but if you really must, do it on a part of the body that's easy to cover up.

But then again, that spoils the whole point of it, doesn't it? You want it to say "look at me, I'm cool, look at me, I've got no self esteem or self respect so I think I can gain some by drawing silly designs indelibly on my body".

Nothing signals thick bast*rd to an employer as well as a tattoo.
Tattoo Advice on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 3943 viewsepaul

Tattoo Advice on 09:30 - Sep 29 by monmouth

Whatcha think Paul?

Haha, I have had mine for years and years, beard and tattoos. I guess now they are a part of society. I don't regret a single one, a will still be proud of them when I'm a pensioner, had my frst one in 83, in them days they were the preserve of sailors and wrong uns mainly, as was beards for sailors, so every f*cker has copied me lol.

As it is, I don't have a hipster beard, just a plain old grey one!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tattoo Advice on 10:36 - Sep 29 with 3933 viewsPegojack

Tattoo Advice on 10:33 - Sep 29 by epaul

Haha, I have had mine for years and years, beard and tattoos. I guess now they are a part of society. I don't regret a single one, a will still be proud of them when I'm a pensioner, had my frst one in 83, in them days they were the preserve of sailors and wrong uns mainly, as was beards for sailors, so every f*cker has copied me lol.

Oops! No offence....
Tattoo Advice on 11:18 - Sep 29 with 3916 viewsepaul

Tattoo Advice on 10:36 - Sep 29 by Pegojack

Oops! No offence....

S'ok none taken, some like them some don't, in fairness they are now more a part of society than ever and employers are being urged to relook at hw they view their policy on people with tattoos

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tattoo Advice on 11:44 - Sep 29 with 3902 viewsmax936

Tattoo Advice on 09:30 - Sep 29 by monmouth

Whatcha think Paul?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tattoo Advice on 11:46 - Sep 29 with 3900 viewsmax936

Tattoo Advice on 10:33 - Sep 29 by epaul

83 you say, Thanks for that it wasn't in November was it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tattoo Advice on 12:06 - Sep 29 with 3882 viewsjohnlangy

Tattoo Advice on 09:48 - Sep 29 by monmouth

Tattoo Advice on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 3880 viewsjohnlangy

Tattoo Advice on 09:49 - Sep 29 by nice_to_michu

Good point.

If someone claims that the tattoo is the cause of their mental illness/depression etc, would they be entitled to have the tattoo removed for free I wonder?

Exactly my point. They'll say what they need to say to persuade a doctor that they need it done.

And we'll end up paying for it.
Tattoo Advice on 12:33 - Sep 29 with 3863 viewsWingstandwood

IMO women in particular could be the biggest losers with this? They are generally more inclined to want to keep-up-with-the-latest-trend. Perhaps tatoos on women will be viewed by themselves to be sooooooo out of date, just like 80's shoulder pads and o.t.t. frizzy perms? Looking a decade or more out of date?

Here's a new trend?1:15 s into video.

Argus!

Tattoo Advice on 17:11 - Sep 29 with 3772 viewsjohnlangy

Tattoo Advice on 09:48 - Sep 29 by monmouth

Actually, thinking about it Monny, if we all vote for our hero Jeremy we'll have an NHS forever.

What better reason to vote Labour.
Tattoo Advice on 17:19 - Sep 29 with 3765 viewslondonlisa2001

Tattoo Advice on 17:11 - Sep 29 by johnlangy

Actually, thinking about it Monny, if we all vote for our hero Jeremy we'll have an NHS forever.

What better reason to vote Labour.

Jeremy will of course have to rely on enough people who are not like Jeremy to pay for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024