Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Horn 20:28 - Oct 1 with 3090 viewscontroversial_jack

VDH , he's not the finished article, but already looks better than FF
The Horn on 20:29 - Oct 1 with 2242 viewsPegojack

He does look good for the money spent, but it also looks like he's got one dreadful mistake in him every game. My grannie could have scored that one in the last minute.
The Horn on 19:06 - Oct 2 with 2028 viewswhiterock

The Horn on 20:29 - Oct 1 by Pegojack

He does look good for the money spent, but it also looks like he's got one dreadful mistake in him every game. My grannie could have scored that one in the last minute.

Mason supposed to be better than VDH, it's a massive risk but I'd play him against Arsenal
The Horn on 19:10 - Oct 2 with 2016 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think he could make the grade. All players make mistakes. Unfortunately his few have cost us points.
I like the nickname btw. Stands up well ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Horn on 19:17 - Oct 2 with 1988 viewsjack247

The Horn on 19:06 - Oct 2 by whiterock

Mason supposed to be better than VDH, it's a massive risk but I'd play him against Arsenal

Mawson is supposed to be comfortable carrying the ball out of defence. A player who can do that would be a big plus for us right now, as we often end up with no midfield options and passing the ball back.

VdH has been a step up from Fernandez so far though
The Horn on 19:23 - Oct 2 with 1969 viewsCopaMundial

Is this the same VDH who was blowing through his arse after sixty minutes,had his pocket picked in our penalty area and stood by motionless for the Pwls equaliser.
The Horn on 19:24 - Oct 2 with 1964 viewsicecoldjack

He has done well since coming into the side , it will take him a while to get use to the level but early signs are good. Has a hard edge to him and he that's something we've been missing for a while. Him and amat seem to complement each other very well.
The Horn on 19:32 - Oct 2 with 1929 viewsjack247

The Horn on 19:23 - Oct 2 by CopaMundial

Is this the same VDH who was blowing through his arse after sixty minutes,had his pocket picked in our penalty area and stood by motionless for the Pwls equaliser.

No. He was in the wall that charged down the freekick. The ball was looped in over his head. If he was at fault for that goal then the entire team were
The Horn on 19:41 - Oct 2 with 1891 viewsicecoldjack

The Horn on 19:23 - Oct 2 by CopaMundial

Do you really expect a 5m quid signing from Holland to come into the team against the 2 best sides in the league and play like John Terry in his prime ?

Cut him a bit of slack mun, he needs a bedding in process just like any other player. He has looked solid enough considering the step up in class. Give a chance to progress I say .
Login to get fewer ads

The Horn on 19:58 - Oct 2 with 1831 viewsGowerjack

The Horn on 19:06 - Oct 2 by whiterock

And if that is the case it's yet another indictment of our recent transfer activity....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Horn on 20:04 - Oct 2 with 1805 viewsCopaMundial

The Horn on 19:41 - Oct 2 by icecoldjack

Do you really expect a 5m quid signing from Holland to come into the team against the 2 best sides in the league and play like John Terry in his prime ?

Cut him a bit of slack mun, he needs a bedding in process just like any other player. He has looked solid enough considering the step up in class. Give a chance to progress I say .

John Terry in his prime obviously not,but he's a pro footballer who's fitness levels should have been far better than yesterday,it's typical of some elements of our fan base who love to see something in a player that really isn't there,early days yes but not good enough in my opinion,happy to eat humble pie if I'm proved wrong
The Horn on 20:26 - Oct 2 with 1743 viewskarnataka

The Horn on 19:24 - Oct 2 by icecoldjack

He has done well since coming into the side , it will take him a while to get use to the level but early signs are good. Has a hard edge to him and he that's something we've been missing for a while. Him and amat seem to complement each other very well.

Your last sentence is important. Amat always seemed jittery alongside FF but he doesn't alongside Mike. The best central defensive pairings should always trust each other and be able to rely on each other to do certain things in any given situation. I don't think Amat had that relationship with FF and I know they had only played together a few times, but to me the chemistry just didn't seem to be there and it didn't seem likely that it would develop.
The Horn on 20:30 - Oct 2 with 1722 viewsmarchamjack

I said on here after Man City game that he had an ok game, deserved to keep his place v Liverpool, but that I could see why he didn't make it at Ajax as, for a Dutch man, he doesn't have a good first touch. Others here disagreed. After yesterday nothing changes my mind.

Worth persevering with, but if Mawson does have a good touch on the ball and can bring it out as Barnsley fans been saying, then I'd like to see him get game time.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Horn on 20:35 - Oct 2 with 1710 viewsicecoldjack

The Horn on 20:04 - Oct 2 by CopaMundial

John Terry in his prime obviously not,but he's a pro footballer who's fitness levels should have been far better than yesterday,it's typical of some elements of our fan base who love to see something in a player that really isn't there,early days yes but not good enough in my opinion,happy to eat humble pie if I'm proved wrong

Fair points but as you would probably know match fitness and sharpness comes with playing games and nothing else.

It's also typical of our fan base to be overly negative on players of limited ability, we must balance his price into the equation IMO.
That's the point I was trying to make, he has done very well considering he cost fook all in today's market.

I'm also happy to eat humble pie , we all want the players to do well but sometimes they are marked down before they've even got going, not you've done that mind.
The Horn on 21:02 - Oct 2 with 1661 viewsvetchonian

The Horn on 20:35 - Oct 2 by icecoldjack

Fair points but as you would probably know match fitness and sharpness comes with playing games and nothing else.

It's also typical of our fan base to be overly negative on players of limited ability, we must balance his price into the equation IMO.
That's the point I was trying to make, he has done very well considering he cost fook all in today's market.

I'm also happy to eat humble pie , we all want the players to do well but sometimes they are marked down before they've even got going, not you've done that mind.

Yes some of our fans expect us to be sigining John Stones I think, Mike has done ok in his 2 games and more so Jordi looks less fragile with him alongside him, its funny how many on here are quick to criticise a PL rookie forgetting that our rock that was Ash was also prone to the odd blunder and "penalty" momnets in our box despite his greatness.

there is along way to go but to be writing him off after two games against the top two teams in the league is a little naive

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Horn on 21:05 - Oct 2 with 1648 viewsDr_Winston

Less error prone than Fernandez. He can also pass a football, unlike Fernandez.

In conclusion, better than Fernandez.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Horn on 21:10 - Oct 2 with 1637 viewsicecoldjack

The Horn on 20:30 - Oct 2 by marchamjack

I said on here after Man City game that he had an ok game, deserved to keep his place v Liverpool, but that I could see why he didn't make it at Ajax as, for a Dutch man, he doesn't have a good first touch. Others here disagreed. After yesterday nothing changes my mind.

Worth persevering with, but if Mawson does have a good touch on the ball and can bring it out as Barnsley fans been saying, then I'd like to see him get game time.

Thankfully a poor touch in the ajax team = 20 times better than fernandez touch !

I like the look of him so far, as said above you never got a more blundering centre half than ash, he still does it too . As a partnership both the hoon and amat look solid enough, both got a bite and unlike fernandez they won't get bullied off the ball by Shane long !!
The Horn on 21:11 - Oct 2 with 1627 viewsmonmouth

The Horn on 21:05 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

Less error prone than Fernandez. He can also pass a football, unlike Fernandez.

In conclusion, better than Fernandez.

He also doesn't make Amat look like a frightened deer on ice, unlike Fernandez.

He does. however, finish exactly like Fernandez.

So when Fernandez gets over his injury and starts against Arsenal.....meltdown....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Horn on 21:17 - Oct 2 with 1609 viewsDr_Winston

The Horn on 21:11 - Oct 2 by monmouth

So when Fernandez gets over his injury and starts against Arsenal.....meltdown....

Frankie would deserve every bit of stick he'd get if Fede waltzes straight back into the side.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Horn on 21:19 - Oct 2 with 1597 viewsjack247

The Horn on 21:11 - Oct 2 by monmouth

Surely that won't happen...
The Horn on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 1568 viewsLeonisGod

I'd agree with that, although he's looking more composed than Fed at the moment. And some fantastic body on the line defending from Amat as well - def in the Ash mould.

I felt for VDH yesterday as he could have come away a hero. Fine margins and all that.
The Horn on 21:33 - Oct 2 with 1544 viewsjack247

The Horn on 21:27 - Oct 2 by LeonisGod

I'd agree with that, although he's looking more composed than Fed at the moment. And some fantastic body on the line defending from Amat as well - def in the Ash mould.

I felt for VDH yesterday as he could have come away a hero. Fine margins and all that.

I felt a lot sorrier for Guidolin. Would have been very difficult to sack him if we had drawn that
The Horn on 22:03 - Oct 2 with 1479 viewsCopaMundial

The Horn on 21:02 - Oct 2 by vetchonian

Yes some of our fans expect us to be sigining John Stones I think, Mike has done ok in his 2 games and more so Jordi looks less fragile with him alongside him, its funny how many on here are quick to criticise a PL rookie forgetting that our rock that was Ash was also prone to the odd blunder and "penalty" momnets in our box despite his greatness.

there is along way to go but to be writing him off after two games against the top two teams in the league is a little naive

Nobody expects us to sign John Stones,John Terry or the future Bobby Moore,that doesn't change the fact that he's not good enough in my opinion.

For anybody who recorded the game yesterday watch his performance closely,truly dreadful at times,a total spectator in the second half apart from one interception which was telegraphed,he's typical of so many players at the club at the moment .....not good enough
The Horn on 22:11 - Oct 2 with 1450 viewsjackrabbit

'Arry's missus would have buried it
The Horn on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 1433 viewsswan65split

been thrown into the cauldron, still a bit raw, and not upto speed, but looks a good prospect for the future.
The Horn on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 1429 viewsCopaMundial

The Horn on 22:14 - Oct 2 by swan65split

been thrown into the cauldron, still a bit raw, and not upto speed, but looks a good prospect for the future.

Like Barrow you mean?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024