Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 13:39 - Oct 3 with 18679 views34dfgdf54

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/03/trust-reaction-to-change-in-management-at

We are being f*cked royally.
Trust Statement on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 1611 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 by Murph75

I don't hate what they're doing.

Acted swiftly to replace a manger who was out of his depth and they've broken our transfer record.

Let not get the pitch forks out just yet.

Listen up.

No pitch forks here just genuine debate and concern, now this thread is far too important for any kind if p1ss ing contest or derailment .

If you feel the board acted swiftly that's fine and dandy but this about rhe trust statement and the ongoing potential legalities forth coming .

Respect the thread please.
Trust Statement on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1597 viewsSwanseajill

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 by Oldjack

The trust is worthless , always left in the shadows ,what's the point if they have no power whatsoever? which is what it seems

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 17:03]

Patience is a virtue OJ, do you think the Trust board have given up?

Are you knee jellying already?
Trust Statement on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 1593 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 16:50 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

I take your point but it's like comparing apples and oranges when we look at 15 yrs ago and now.

I'm hearing and forever hearing that the trust is per suing options and seeking legal advice but I want to know, and nobody has yet answered, what can actually be done.

Let's pretend it's Fishguard utd in the same position as us, how would they right the wrongs legally ?

Plenty of people here should be able to lay down potential options and strategy free of any litigation of we are discussing a completely different "club"

We can all read between the lines for the answers of that helps.

Exactly.

I know its a different animal now but that is kind of the point I've been making for over a year. However, back then we had very little to work with other than the things i mentioned in my post.

Now though, we (the trust) have a 21% holding plus substantial funds. We also have years of experience, contacts and you would have thought know how. You'd also have thought that during the preceding years some kind of disaster planning was done, to cover various scenarios and how they could play out. I use the term 'disaster' very lightly as there are far more important things in life. But I'm sure you get the spirit of my point. IMO we should be prepared to act not to be on the back foot time and time again making statements without any action.

Take the take over. Done and dusted but plenty of statements all to no avail, or so it seems.

Look, its hard i know. And who'd want to do that job in the Trust. But that doesn't mean it shouldnt be challenged or questioned or had demands made upon it from its members. IMO, its all become a bit stale. The same thing over and over again and has probably needed fresh blood for a while.
Trust Statement on 17:16 - Oct 3 with 1566 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 17:06 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

Listen up.

No pitch forks here just genuine debate and concern, now this thread is far too important for any kind if p1ss ing contest or derailment .

If you feel the board acted swiftly that's fine and dandy but this about rhe trust statement and the ongoing potential legalities forth coming .

Respect the thread please.

Oh calm down you drama queen.

The trust were never going to be consulted on this decision today. They were only told at the very last minute about the takeover.
Trust Statement on 17:26 - Oct 3 with 1542 viewsOldjack

Trust Statement on 17:10 - Oct 3 by Swanseajill

Patience is a virtue OJ, do you think the Trust board have given up?

Are you knee jellying already?

Well apart from saying how disgruntle they are ,what can they do? absolutely nowt ,just like the take over ,they can shout all they like but no ones listening ,come to think of it has the board ever listen to the trust ? There seems to be a lot of animosity between the trust and the board this is not healthy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Trust Statement on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 1533 viewssully49

I know nothing about the law but as far as I am concerned we, as trust members and fans should boycott the next home game on mass to publicly show OUR disgust.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Trust Statement on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 1532 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on 17:11 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Exactly.

I know its a different animal now but that is kind of the point I've been making for over a year. However, back then we had very little to work with other than the things i mentioned in my post.

Now though, we (the trust) have a 21% holding plus substantial funds. We also have years of experience, contacts and you would have thought know how. You'd also have thought that during the preceding years some kind of disaster planning was done, to cover various scenarios and how they could play out. I use the term 'disaster' very lightly as there are far more important things in life. But I'm sure you get the spirit of my point. IMO we should be prepared to act not to be on the back foot time and time again making statements without any action.

Take the take over. Done and dusted but plenty of statements all to no avail, or so it seems.

Look, its hard i know. And who'd want to do that job in the Trust. But that doesn't mean it shouldnt be challenged or questioned or had demands made upon it from its members. IMO, its all become a bit stale. The same thing over and over again and has probably needed fresh blood for a while.

Sorry. It's not the Trust that have created this mess. Is this really the time to be criticizing them, however well intentioned. For what it's worth I think the Board (minus Trust) clearly lost the PR battle today and are in for a tough time if they continue to behave as they have done.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1528 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 17:11 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Exactly.

I can't argue with any of that sentiment.

Great post.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 17:32 - Oct 3 with 1520 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 17:28 - Oct 3 by longlostjack

Sorry. It's not the Trust that have created this mess. Is this really the time to be criticizing them, however well intentioned. For what it's worth I think the Board (minus Trust) clearly lost the PR battle today and are in for a tough time if they continue to behave as they have done.

I didn't imply that they did, they just allowed (all of it) it happen on their watch!

Anyway, the trust has 21% of the shares.

Not sure i'd agree with the PR battle point you made neither as that's all the statements says they've been out flanked...again.
Trust Statement on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 1500 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement on 17:28 - Oct 3 by longlostjack

Who's gonna give them "a tough time"? The supporters' representative on the board?
Trust Statement on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 1491 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 15:57 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

And how do you know HC has not been doing this of late?

Because he's never done it before?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Statement on 17:44 - Oct 3 with 1483 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 16:39 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Right. So if you cannot, lets look at what you can do yeah? I'm sure, no, there is plenty that could have been done. With organisation, belief and the right motivation its surprising what one can achieve. Just look at what happened 15 years ago in our very own town, with our very own club. Let remember what actually happened not what the film did.

We seem to have lost that. Why?

Maybe that question should be directed at the thousands of Swans fans who haven't joined the Trust and didn't stand at the last Trust election.

Pointless continually bipping at an organisation that so few are prepared to put their heads above the parapet and get involved with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Statement on 17:53 - Oct 3 with 1470 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 17:44 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Maybe that question should be directed at the thousands of Swans fans who haven't joined the Trust and didn't stand at the last Trust election.

Pointless continually bipping at an organisation that so few are prepared to put their heads above the parapet and get involved with.

Disillusionment? Apathy?

You're an intelligent fella I'm sure. Just look at the system and how it makes it hard for that new blood to make the mark and get the votes to be elected. I know, thats just the way it is. But unfortunately its plays into the incumbents hands and that breeds stagnation. Which is what we have.. And each year strengthens the position and that view.

Sorry about this....(incoming)

What about an american system where by a member who holds office can only do so for 4 years or whatever? I seen some comments about the election this year and dissapointment from some posters saying they'd hoped this person or that had got enough votes. Perhaps, if two people stand for a position, then the holder of that position should not be allowed to stand. I'm sure there are many things that can be done in this area and ways to make the Trust more open and attractive to new members.
Trust Statement on 17:53 - Oct 3 with 1470 viewsSwanseajill

Trust Statement on 17:44 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Well said J.
This should include those that spout abuse on message boards regarding the trust, but are lacking in bottle to face the board at Q&A sessions
Trust Statement on 17:56 - Oct 3 with 1456 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 17:53 - Oct 3 by Swanseajill

Well said J.
This should include those that spout abuse on message boards regarding the trust, but are lacking in bottle to face the board at Q&A sessions

Hey Swansea Jill...

I have never spouted abuse at anyone on this board or any other for that matter.

If we have a different view then we can debate...
Trust Statement on 17:58 - Oct 3 with 1455 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 17:53 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Disillusionment? Apathy?

You're an intelligent fella I'm sure. Just look at the system and how it makes it hard for that new blood to make the mark and get the votes to be elected. I know, thats just the way it is. But unfortunately its plays into the incumbents hands and that breeds stagnation. Which is what we have.. And each year strengthens the position and that view.

Sorry about this....(incoming)

What about an american system where by a member who holds office can only do so for 4 years or whatever? I seen some comments about the election this year and dissapointment from some posters saying they'd hoped this person or that had got enough votes. Perhaps, if two people stand for a position, then the holder of that position should not be allowed to stand. I'm sure there are many things that can be done in this area and ways to make the Trust more open and attractive to new members.

I certainly agree with your last statement. A term limit on a role like the supporter director might go some way towards ending the cosy situation we have now. My only real criticism of the Trust is how pally things got between the board and the person who was supposed to be policing them, but I'm just as guilty of not putting my name forward as most.

As for your first paragraph I can't agree, but I understand it. This is where sticking your head above the parapet comes in. If you don't like it, make your voice heard. Attract others to your cause. It is a democratic organisation and you can make change happen.

I just don't like seeing people who for the most part give up their family time for free get dogs abuse online from people who aren't prepared to do it themselves. The Trust aren't the villains here. Who the bad guys of the piece are is plainly obvious.

Trust Statement on 18:04 - Oct 3 with 1435 viewsSwanseajill

Trust Statement on 17:56 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Hey Swansea Jill...

I have never spouted abuse at anyone on this board or any other for that matter.

If we have a different view then we can debate...

I never mentioned you!
Trust Statement on 18:04 - Oct 3 with 1429 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 17:58 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

I certainly agree with your last statement. A term limit on a role like the supporter director might go some way towards ending the cosy situation we have now. My only real criticism of the Trust is how pally things got between the board and the person who was supposed to be policing them, but I'm just as guilty of not putting my name forward as most.

As for your first paragraph I can't agree, but I understand it. This is where sticking your head above the parapet comes in. If you don't like it, make your voice heard. Attract others to your cause. It is a democratic organisation and you can make change happen.

I just don't like seeing people who for the most part give up their family time for free get dogs abuse online from people who aren't prepared to do it themselves. The Trust aren't the villains here. Who the bad guys of the piece are is plainly obvious.

Oh don't get me wrong i certainly know what you mean on the 1st Para bit.

But no matter which way you look at it, the second para fixes the issues in the first, if you know what I mean.

The cosy bit, well in some ways that is down to the same things, in position for too long, at least that is my view.

I hope i haven't abused or insulted anyone (if i have I'm sorry) and I do realise the jobs these fellas do but they shouldn't get a free ride in terms of their role, again if you know what i mean.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:06]
Trust Statement on 18:05 - Oct 3 with 1423 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 18:04 - Oct 3 by Swanseajill

I never mentioned you!

:)

Okay then.
Trust Statement on 18:08 - Oct 3 with 1404 viewsQuincy999

This may be a stupid question but were the Trust consulted with on Monk's sacking and bringing in Curtis as interim Manager?
Trust Statement on 18:11 - Oct 3 with 1391 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 18:04 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Oh don't get me wrong i certainly know what you mean on the 1st Para bit.

But no matter which way you look at it, the second para fixes the issues in the first, if you know what I mean.

The cosy bit, well in some ways that is down to the same things, in position for too long, at least that is my view.

I hope i haven't abused or insulted anyone (if i have I'm sorry) and I do realise the jobs these fellas do but they shouldn't get a free ride in terms of their role, again if you know what i mean.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:06]

I know what you mean.

For better or worse, the Trust is the one organisation out there that people know for sure has the best interests of the club at heart. Will never seek to profit from it, or put it anywhere but first in the list of piorities.

Think we all need to get behind them now regardless of how you think they've done in the past.

Trust Statement on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 1381 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 by Murph75

I don't hate what they're doing.

Acted swiftly to replace a manger who was out of his depth and they've broken our transfer record.

Let not get the pitch forks out just yet.

So good of "them" to break our transfer record using the club's money.

Would you give me credit for selling your house and car and buying you a caravan and a push bike?
Trust Statement on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 1365 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 18:12 - Oct 3 by AngelRangelQS

So good of "them" to break our transfer record using the club's money.

Would you give me credit for selling your house and car and buying you a caravan and a push bike?

Who's money they going to use?
Trust Statement on 18:18 - Oct 3 with 1355 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust Statement on 18:16 - Oct 3 by Murph75

Who's money they going to use?

*whose*

"Limited vocabulary" -
Trust Statement on 18:19 - Oct 3 with 1340 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 18:18 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

*whose*

"Limited vocabulary" -

Fair play. You've managed to post without swearing. I'm impressed.

There's a difference between bad grammar and a limited vocabulary.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024