Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 13:39 - Oct 3 with 18769 views34dfgdf54

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/03/trust-reaction-to-change-in-management-at

We are being f*cked royally.
Trust Statement on 18:21 - Oct 3 with 2579 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement on 18:16 - Oct 3 by Murph75

Who's money they going to use?

You gave them credit for breaking our transfer record.... I think that credits misplaced given the increase in tv money and the players sold.
Trust Statement on 18:23 - Oct 3 with 2579 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I heard recently that it's not only the Trust who are considering legal action against our new owners. Certain ex directors are considering their options as well, bizarre as that sounds.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 2582 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 18:21 - Oct 3 by AngelRangelQS

You gave them credit for breaking our transfer record.... I think that credits misplaced given the increase in tv money and the players sold.

They still broke it.
Trust Statement on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 2570 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement on 18:23 - Oct 3 by Joe_bradshaw

I heard recently that it's not only the Trust who are considering legal action against our new owners. Certain ex directors are considering their options as well, bizarre as that sounds.

On what basis?
Trust Statement on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 2580 viewsBloodyhills

Trust Statement on 13:54 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Hope so...

If they've done it its because they believe they can. Now that is one thing but... they obviously do not respect the Trust. Why is that?

Arrogance?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Trust Statement on 18:25 - Oct 3 with 2578 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust Statement on 18:19 - Oct 3 by Murph75

Fair play. You've managed to post without swearing. I'm impressed.

There's a difference between bad grammar and a limited vocabulary.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:25]

Thank you, cünt.
Trust Statement on 18:25 - Oct 3 with 2567 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 18:25 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

Thank you, cünt.

No need to thank me. It was a pleasure.
Trust Statement on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 2541 viewsAndyNak

Huw Cooze has the most thankless job on The Trust Board - wouldn't want it in a million years and I for one hopes he continues in that role.

Huw is a top guy and I know for a fact he has had many barnies with the board over the years - he's certainly no pushover and has acted with the weight of the Trust Board and its membership behind him. The bottom line is unless we had the money to buy more shares (or were even given the opportunity to) any decision at Club Board level could be vetoed by the other 79%. Thats fact, like it or lump it. What was he supposed to do? If for arguments sake... Huw goes in and says the supporters don't like the new advertising boards... and 51% of the rest of the Club Board just don't care... then what? He had to have a good working relationship with the rest of the board and pick and choose his battles - of which there were many successes.

Apart from legal, the other route open to The Trust is that of membership opinion and weight of PR. The fact that Trust membership has been dwindling - for whatever reasons - only gives the Club Board and probably the new directors more reason to ignore The Trust. I for one have been guilty of this and have printed off my membership form today to get in the post - I'll be setting it up as a standing order so my laziness doesn't get in the way next year.

Best thing you can do if you are concerned about the future of the club - long or short term - is to join The Trust. I have no personal agenda here, nothing to gain - I sat on The Board for a short spell a few years ago and know these people, how hard they work and their smart approach. We are incredibly lucky to have all of them. If they aren't spouting things publicly at the moment you can be darn sure they will be working their socks off behind the scenes and at great personal sacrifice.

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 18:32 - Oct 3 with 2530 viewsItchySphincter

Trust Statement on 17:06 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

Listen up.

No pitch forks here just genuine debate and concern, now this thread is far too important for any kind if p1ss ing contest or derailment .

If you feel the board acted swiftly that's fine and dandy but this about rhe trust statement and the ongoing potential legalities forth coming .

Respect the thread please.

I wonder what you'd say if the new board went and got Laudrup back?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust Statement on 18:34 - Oct 3 with 2519 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement on 18:30 - Oct 3 by AndyNak

Huw Cooze has the most thankless job on The Trust Board - wouldn't want it in a million years and I for one hopes he continues in that role.

Huw is a top guy and I know for a fact he has had many barnies with the board over the years - he's certainly no pushover and has acted with the weight of the Trust Board and its membership behind him. The bottom line is unless we had the money to buy more shares (or were even given the opportunity to) any decision at Club Board level could be vetoed by the other 79%. Thats fact, like it or lump it. What was he supposed to do? If for arguments sake... Huw goes in and says the supporters don't like the new advertising boards... and 51% of the rest of the Club Board just don't care... then what? He had to have a good working relationship with the rest of the board and pick and choose his battles - of which there were many successes.

Apart from legal, the other route open to The Trust is that of membership opinion and weight of PR. The fact that Trust membership has been dwindling - for whatever reasons - only gives the Club Board and probably the new directors more reason to ignore The Trust. I for one have been guilty of this and have printed off my membership form today to get in the post - I'll be setting it up as a standing order so my laziness doesn't get in the way next year.

Best thing you can do if you are concerned about the future of the club - long or short term - is to join The Trust. I have no personal agenda here, nothing to gain - I sat on The Board for a short spell a few years ago and know these people, how hard they work and their smart approach. We are incredibly lucky to have all of them. If they aren't spouting things publicly at the moment you can be darn sure they will be working their socks off behind the scenes and at great personal sacrifice.

I'd have preferred if they'd benn "spouting things publicly" just once since that Chelsea game.
Trust Statement on 18:40 - Oct 3 with 2495 viewsAndyNak

As has been said many times on here, they're clearly working on something behind the scenes and can't say anything that may risk whatever that is - I have my own ideas about what that may be. If that means the rest of us have to be patient then I'm prepared to be patient.

It's my opinion that I would rather wait and us get it right than hear about it prematurely only for the desired result to be jeopardised. I completely understand why others are becoming impatient but knowing most of The Trust board as I do I can have complete faith in them.

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Trust Statement on 18:52 - Oct 3 with 2468 viewsquiff

I can understand people's frustrations with the Trust, you don't exactly have to read between the lines of the statement to realise they are pretty angry too.

However, the uniting force here is that we all pretty much feel the same about what's happened today and recent events. I've never felt so disconnected from my club. Now is a time to stick together as fans.

Nobody is saying the trust is perfect and don't have questions to answer anymore than I'm also sure all sorts of legal avenues etc. prevent the Trust from saying more.

Plenty of teams in this situation (we're not the first) would kill to have an established Trust set up with a stake in the club, a seat on the board and reserves and expertise stockpiled to hold the club to account already in hand. Plenty of clubs fans have no voice at all in modern football.

Time will tell how effective the Trust can be when they are being ignored by 70% of the ownership, but I can't think of many better ways of trying to hold that ownership to account (happy to listen to any suggestions too)

This is also an opportunity for a lot of our fans to re-connect to the Trust and to get actively involved in building it up in what is sure to be a testing time ahead.

let's remember why we're a bit different even if the club themselves have currently forgotten that.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Trust Statement on 19:03 - Oct 3 with 2435 viewsSwanseajill

Trust Statement on 18:30 - Oct 3 by AndyNak

Good post Andy, Strength in numbers would be a start, or we are going to get truly railroaded.
Trust Statement on 19:24 - Oct 3 with 2355 viewsBanosswan

Trust Statement on 18:19 - Oct 3 by Murph75

Fair play. You've managed to post without swearing. I'm impressed.

There's a difference between bad grammar and a limited vocabulary.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:25]

Unfortunately you suffer from both.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Trust Statement on 19:26 - Oct 3 with 2340 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Statement on 18:25 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

Thank you, cünt.

you sir are a true wordsmith,bravo

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Statement on 19:27 - Oct 3 with 2334 viewsbarry_island

I think Huw C is in an odd position being a supplier of the club and the Supporters Director. If I was in his position I would not want to upset any applecarts.

Given the way he has been treated publicly surely it would be better for him to stand down immediately.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Statement on 19:28 - Oct 3 with 2329 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 19:24 - Oct 3 by Banosswan

Unfortunately you suffer from both.

If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better.

Give it ago rather than stalking me on here. Weirdo.
Trust Statement on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 2325 viewsLeonisGod

Trust Statement on 18:24 - Oct 3 by AngelRangelQS

On what basis?

Denying them the possibility of royalties from 'Jack to a King 2: the return to doom'
Trust Statement on 19:53 - Oct 3 with 2259 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust Statement on 18:24 - Oct 3 by AngelRangelQS

On what basis?

I don't know. It is bizarre but bear in mind I said ex directors and not shareholders so I'm guessing it's to do with broken promises post takeover.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement on 20:49 - Oct 3 with 2171 viewsStarsky

The new manager has been appointed now.
I don't see what can be achieved even if the Trust win with a legal loophole etc.

What's going to happen? Guidolin to return? New manager let go? No to both.

I don't have anything against the Americans at all. I hate the board members that gave them the opportunity to take us to the next level. Fecking traitors the lot if them and I'm amazed they're getting no grief from the press.

It's just the internet, init.

Trust Statement on 21:13 - Oct 3 with 2121 viewsjackdee

Trust Statement on 20:49 - Oct 3 by Starsky

The new manager has been appointed now.
I don't see what can be achieved even if the Trust win with a legal loophole etc.

What's going to happen? Guidolin to return? New manager let go? No to both.

I don't have anything against the Americans at all. I hate the board members that gave them the opportunity to take us to the next level. Fecking traitors the lot if them and I'm amazed they're getting no grief from the press.

What I can't understand is why the Trust as a significant shareholder doesn't have a full time paid director who is able to walk in and out of the club at his or her wish and be part of any board meeting and decision making within the business.
That is what is fundamentally wrong and it is no good the Trust saying that they have not been included or consulted. If the trust don't put themselves in the faces of the majority shareholders like an annoying wasp then meetings and consultations will continue to go on unopposed.
You have to be there whether they like it or not to be able to influence and debate on these matters.
Too little too late if you ask me...... the trust can afford to pay a director to be there and should have done it long ago.

BTIIC

Trust Statement on 21:22 - Oct 3 with 2091 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 18:34 - Oct 3 by DafyddHuw

I'd have preferred if they'd benn "spouting things publicly" just once since that Chelsea game.

I'[m not going to get involved in a long debate tonight but simply to say that there has been much suggested on here as to what the Trust could do but it would be madness to state publically what our next move is until we have completely worked through all the options. Like the chess player that thinks 2/3 moves ahead, that is what we are doing and we are doing so with some excellent advice from a group of people who will ensure that the moves the Trust make will be the right ones.

I completely buy that this could therefore be seen as inaction but I promise each and every one of you it is not. And people are welcome to believe that me , or any of the Trust board, are the wrong people but for now we are the people entrusted with fighting our corner and believe me that is exactly what we are doing. And I hope that when we make the statements - which will be soon - that you can see that at the time.

I'm not going into sob story mode but the last six months - since that Chelsea game - have been massively draining and we have people who say we should say something even if it is to say the above but for each of those we have those that would hammer us for doing just that. Without having something to say we really cannot win whichever way we play it. So we made the decisions we have whether they are right in everyones eyes or not.

We have made a few statements which for some that I have spoken to is enough and for some it isn't enough. See the dilemma?

Today's statement I think gives you some indication of the way things are progressing in our relationship with the new owners and hopefully very soon (and I do mean very soon) you will see exactly what work we have been doing and our members will know exactly where we need to proceed.

I genuinely cannot please everyone at the moment but just for now I ask people to bear with us and do not mistake silence for inaction, the two could not be further apart in the truth

Also please don't mistake any non responses from me to topics on here in the next few days as ignoring comments/concerns just simply that I am away with work until Friday which has been much the pattern of the past month

The one thing that the lessons of the past have taught is us that we need to be united as a fanbase and that is what I would ask at this point in time, lets not become our neighbours, let's be together and if that is the last thing I do as head of the Trust then so be it but this is our club.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Statement on 21:47 - Oct 3 with 2018 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 21:22 - Oct 3 by Phil_S

I'[m not going to get involved in a long debate tonight but simply to say that there has been much suggested on here as to what the Trust could do but it would be madness to state publically what our next move is until we have completely worked through all the options. Like the chess player that thinks 2/3 moves ahead, that is what we are doing and we are doing so with some excellent advice from a group of people who will ensure that the moves the Trust make will be the right ones.

I completely buy that this could therefore be seen as inaction but I promise each and every one of you it is not. And people are welcome to believe that me , or any of the Trust board, are the wrong people but for now we are the people entrusted with fighting our corner and believe me that is exactly what we are doing. And I hope that when we make the statements - which will be soon - that you can see that at the time.

I'm not going into sob story mode but the last six months - since that Chelsea game - have been massively draining and we have people who say we should say something even if it is to say the above but for each of those we have those that would hammer us for doing just that. Without having something to say we really cannot win whichever way we play it. So we made the decisions we have whether they are right in everyones eyes or not.

We have made a few statements which for some that I have spoken to is enough and for some it isn't enough. See the dilemma?

Today's statement I think gives you some indication of the way things are progressing in our relationship with the new owners and hopefully very soon (and I do mean very soon) you will see exactly what work we have been doing and our members will know exactly where we need to proceed.

I genuinely cannot please everyone at the moment but just for now I ask people to bear with us and do not mistake silence for inaction, the two could not be further apart in the truth

Also please don't mistake any non responses from me to topics on here in the next few days as ignoring comments/concerns just simply that I am away with work until Friday which has been much the pattern of the past month

The one thing that the lessons of the past have taught is us that we need to be united as a fanbase and that is what I would ask at this point in time, lets not become our neighbours, let's be together and if that is the last thing I do as head of the Trust then so be it but this is our club.

Thank you for the post Phil.

I have been critical of the Trust but I totally respect the time and effort you put in and what you and the others do. We're all fans of this great club after all.

Right now we are all going to see how this plays out and as you say we must stick together so You and the Trust have my full support.

STID.
Trust Statement on 21:55 - Oct 3 with 1986 viewsjackdee

Great statement

Thanks

BTIIC

Trust Statement on 22:12 - Oct 3 with 1926 viewslonglostjack

Great post. United we stand divided we fall.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024