Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley's Transfers 13:15 - Oct 4 with 1776 viewsBenJ94

Sorry if a ferdy. But does anyone think that perhaps the Yanks will give him a bit of dosh to spend on transfers? They obviously like and trust him so why not?
Bradley's Transfers on 13:22 - Oct 4 with 1743 viewsAussieSwan

Sure as hell hope so.

But if it depends on Jenkins I'm not confident

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Bradley's Transfers on 13:26 - Oct 4 with 1709 viewsyescomeon

Will he bring a scout with him? Who would he bring in player-wise? US, Egypt, Norway and the French lower leagues (although Marhez came from there and from Le Harve no less) is a bit of a limited pool.

Upthecity!

Bradley's Transfers on 13:31 - Oct 4 with 1680 viewsdobjack2

Also depends on whether we are in the sh!t or not at the time of the next window. We saw the problems teams in a relegation fight have signing players last January
Bradley's Transfers on 13:40 - Oct 4 with 1644 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They didn't spend any in the summer and if they didn't trust Guidolin then they should have sacked him then.

No, I don't think they will be spending much based on what they've done so far.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bradley's Transfers on 14:07 - Oct 4 with 1603 viewsmax936

Bradley's Transfers on 13:40 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

They didn't spend any in the summer and if they didn't trust Guidolin then they should have sacked him then.

This.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bradley's Transfers on 14:09 - Oct 4 with 1586 viewsONENATIONUNDERGOD

If its one thing us Americans know its dollars! They'll trust Bob with the dollars for sure!

Gun control? Is that when you shoot with two hands??!

Bradley's Transfers on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 1577 viewsjasper_T

Bradley's Transfers on 13:40 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

It wasn't an issue of trusting Guidolin or not, he didn't have his hands on the chequebook.

The change in manager won't effect our spending at all. It's still Huw's job to assemble the squad, and he's happy with it apparently.
Bradley's Transfers on 15:17 - Oct 4 with 1482 viewsjack247

If we are struggling by January, I'd imagine they will throw money at the problem. Let's face it, this is a commercial appointment and they can't afford to risk relegation. If we are holding our own, I can see them being as tight as they were in August
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 15:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Bradley's Transfers on 15:37 - Oct 4 with 1416 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bradley's Transfers on 14:11 - Oct 4 by jasper_T

It wasn't an issue of trusting Guidolin or not, he didn't have his hands on the chequebook.

The change in manager won't effect our spending at all. It's still Huw's job to assemble the squad, and he's happy with it apparently.

I know he didn't have his hands on the cheque book.

I was talking about whether they trusted him as a manager to make the most of what they spent on transfers. They didn't spend any money so did they not trust him or would they have been as tight whoever was in charge.

Bradley's Transfers on 15:54 - Oct 4 with 1384 viewsjasper_T

Bradley's Transfers on 15:37 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

I know he didn't have his hands on the cheque book.

I was talking about whether they trusted him as a manager to make the most of what they spent on transfers. They didn't spend any money so did they not trust him or would they have been as tight whoever was in charge.

Well for one they did spend money. Huw forked out £15m for Baston, for example.

I don't see why trusting the manager would make Huw more likely to spend money on players. Surely if he didn't think Guidolin had what it takes to make the current squad play to the best of it's ability he would have been MORE keen to spend, not less. He doesn't want Swansea to fail (does he???)
Bradley's Transfers on 16:59 - Oct 4 with 1312 viewsyescomeon

I actually just had a look online and it seems that at both Stabaek and Le Havre Bradley worked under a Sporting Director which I assume is a Director of Football, who I assume deals with the transfers. So I would guess that Huw is still in control of that side of things.

Upthecity!

Bradley's Transfers on 17:29 - Oct 4 with 1256 viewsharryhpalmer

in order to spend money, due to our paucity of commercial income outside the TV deal, then they will need to do what Palace, Bournemouth and several other clubs like ours have done, and have a business plan in place which means they can break the FFP rules, as they can show a credible break even point in the future.

I am guessing they are looking hard at all of the commercial deals that we currently have, and how they can create more lucrative ones to replace them. And quickly.

otherwise their hands are tied the same as they were in the summer, when they took over.

You can't simply give the club money.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Bradley's Transfers on 18:55 - Oct 4 with 1124 viewsjack247

Bradley's Transfers on 17:29 - Oct 4 by harryhpalmer

in order to spend money, due to our paucity of commercial income outside the TV deal, then they will need to do what Palace, Bournemouth and several other clubs like ours have done, and have a business plan in place which means they can break the FFP rules, as they can show a credible break even point in the future.

I am guessing they are looking hard at all of the commercial deals that we currently have, and how they can create more lucrative ones to replace them. And quickly.

otherwise their hands are tied the same as they were in the summer, when they took over.

I don't think inventing ways to get around FFP and spend their own money is top of their agenda at the moment
Bradley's Transfers on 23:06 - Oct 4 with 954 viewsSmellyplumz

Bradley's Transfers on 14:09 - Oct 4 by ONENATIONUNDERGOD

If its one thing us Americans know its dollars! They'll trust Bob with the dollars for sure!

Illegally invading sovereign lands and running a fascist state, don't forget them. Yeehaw buddy

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bradley's Transfers on 23:35 - Oct 4 with 895 viewsblueytheblue

Bradley's Transfers on 17:29 - Oct 4 by harryhpalmer

What Bournemouth did was run up a 42m loss, over 7 times the legal FFP limit in the Championship knowing that no transfer ban or points deduction would happen in the Prem since the offence occurred in a different competition.

Meaning they ended up with a 7m fine in a season where they made 100m in TV rights alone.

Break even point had nothing to do with it.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 23:36]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bradley's Transfers on 23:39 - Oct 4 with 876 viewsNookiejack

The £ has depreciated verses the Euro and $ over last few months so there will be no money for transfers.
Bradley's Transfers on 23:54 - Oct 4 with 846 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bradley's Transfers on 15:54 - Oct 4 by jasper_T

Well for one they did spend money. Huw forked out £15m for Baston, for example.

I don't see why trusting the manager would make Huw more likely to spend money on players. Surely if he didn't think Guidolin had what it takes to make the current squad play to the best of it's ability he would have been MORE keen to spend, not less. He doesn't want Swansea to fail (does he???)

They made a net profit.

They didn't spend any of their money.

Bradley's Transfers on 04:39 - Oct 5 with 739 viewsjasper_T

Bradley's Transfers on 23:54 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

They made a net profit.

They didn't spend any of their money.

Well no, and they won't in the future either (except in terms of very temporary, probably expensive loans). They're not in this to put money into a football club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024