Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calm down dear! 17:34 - Oct 5 with 5862 viewsymaohyd

Talk about an over the top, self indulgent, hysterical response to what is going on at the club, get a life!

The club, it's officials, owners, board can certainly be criticised, but to the level that we are currently seeing...ridiculous.

With regards to the sale of the club. no I wish we had stayed as we were etc but I really don't get what 'supporters' of the club expected of the board. They were potentially going to miss out on a fortune, if they didn't sell. Personally I would have done exactly the same. They've developed the facilities to an unbelievable level, didn't waste the vast income on players wages etc.

In case anyone hasn't noticed we have very little history, and aren't exactly a big player on the world football stage. I get the anger of Liverpool fans when the club was sold to Gillete and Hicks rather than much more attractive options, but to sell the Swans, even considering our PL status was always going to be a hard sell. I might be in the minority of one but these guys don't seem that bad.

We had a crap, transfer summer, no question. One of my own regrets is that HJ stayed on. I get the logic to have some continuity, but wish he had left with the others or whatever the current structure is and in his place a 'proper' director of football employed to oversee transfers.

Mr Guidolin. Seems a very nice bloke, but come on, how many were going ballistic when we took him on? As Monmouth on a thread posted along the lines of, he came in when we were looking awful and destined for the drop, bottom line was we stayed up. In spite of him? because of him? Doesn't matter we stayed up.

This is the modern environment of football though! How many managers last at the same club for more than a few years?...not many. There were some crap performances last year, to the extent that very few on here wanted him to stay and this season we have had our worst start for decades. Yes we are in the prem and yes we've had a tough start in terms of fixtures. Should we have parted ways last season, in my opinion yes, but he certainly deserved his chance..with a heavy heart. What should also be considered was his very poor English.

There were certainly arguments for him to stay, absolutely, certainly to be given a bit more time, but the hysterical response to him going? It's opinions, there is a window of a fortnight for the international break and this is another factor to be considered. The club made a hash of things after Monk, no question ,wrong timing, no back up plan. To be fair though, it appeared that they genuinely hadn't spoken to anyone and hadn't gone behind Monks back to make enquiries. I think they were wrong but give some credit.

So Mr Bradley. I think he was the best option of going for Giggs or sticking with Guidolin..my opinion. Could we have got someone with a better CV, no doubt, someone with at least Prem experience..yes. Who knows though. It's definitely a risky option, but as are they all.. that's the nature of it.

The bloke though is an excellent coach, is willing to put his neck on the line and has had success during his career. The racist insults that are being made because he is an American are an embarrassment. I'd encourage all of you who don't watch the MLS to take a look. Not so much from the quality of football, but the passion of the fans. Portland Timbers e.g. create an amazing atmosphere, certainly a damn site better than the library that it the Liberty most of the time.

People who work in 'soccer' in the States are always swimming upstream. Fighting against NFL, MLB, basketball you name it. So for this bloke to have achieved what he has, speaks volumes for his work ethic, determination, character you name it. He may well fail, but he will give us absolutely everything and will make sure that players fight for every second of every game.

Take a look at the league table...Moyes at Sunderland, Hughes at Stoke. Mourinho last season taking a hugely expensive squad to the lower reaches of the league. All are good managers, but it shows that there are no guarantees.

Many would have preferred a cultured South American or continental coach (with a pain in the arse attitude to match), personally give me a hard nosed American, who will give his all, say it as it is and has character in spades.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Calm down dear! on 17:43 - Oct 5 with 5818 viewsmonmouth

My only question on that is, is he an excellent coach?

I don't really see any evidence of that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Calm down dear! on 17:47 - Oct 5 with 5802 viewsFireboy

I can't be bothered answering all of your points

But most of the posters can't all be wrong with our disgust at the way guidolins departure came about and you must be the onoy one if you think these 2 americans aren't too bad,they are only in it to make money,they have sold two of our best players for over 30m and spent just over half,they have no idea about PL football,they have employed a man with no PL experience and you want to read all of the topics re the americans,there is little or no racism against them or bradley,all we want is clarity from them two which we are not getting

I like 99% of jacks want bradley to succeed as it's the club we care about most but imho I just can't see it happening and if/when it happens I hope the fans will demonstrate with ire against the board as they are totally to blame
Calm down dear! on 17:48 - Oct 5 with 5794 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It wasn't a straight choice between Bradley and Giggs.

Giggs came fourth in a field of four in the interviews.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Calm down dear! on 17:49 - Oct 5 with 5784 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Calm down dear! on 17:47 - Oct 5 by Fireboy

I can't be bothered answering all of your points

But most of the posters can't all be wrong with our disgust at the way guidolins departure came about and you must be the onoy one if you think these 2 americans aren't too bad,they are only in it to make money,they have sold two of our best players for over 30m and spent just over half,they have no idea about PL football,they have employed a man with no PL experience and you want to read all of the topics re the americans,there is little or no racism against them or bradley,all we want is clarity from them two which we are not getting

I like 99% of jacks want bradley to succeed as it's the club we care about most but imho I just can't see it happening and if/when it happens I hope the fans will demonstrate with ire against the board as they are totally to blame

i woudnt put it at 99%

theres alot of bitterness about.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Calm down dear! on 17:51 - Oct 5 with 5775 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jason has taken over your user name and I claim my £5
You never liked Guodolin so you so now make your longest ever post defending Jenkins and those he sold out too.
We don't know how things will turn out but we are going to be very lucky if this reckless gamble comes off. Lots of character from the new manager is not enough on its own.
That post comes across as being very defeatist whilst you are burying your head in the sand.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 19:20]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Calm down dear! on 18:08 - Oct 5 with 5724 viewsjasper_T

Nice meltdown. Couldn't fit that into a few less paragraphs, chief?
Calm down dear! on 18:08 - Oct 5 with 5720 viewsClinton

Decent post. Dont agree with with every last detail, but fair and reasoned.
Bradley is a risk, he would be a wise man to draw on Curt's experience hopefully a pragmatic approach and the likes of Curtis around the place will pull us through.

Personally, Ive calmed down a bit today. Beginning to look forward again to my first away trip of the season to the Emirates. Not much choice other than to continue going to the games and shouting for the Swans, I guess. I wrote prematurely earlier in the week when I vowed not to renew the ST.

Im surprised how much exposure we've gleaned from having the first US coach in the Premier League. You write that US soccer fans are used to swimming upstream; there'll be plenty more of that if they climb on board the good ship Swansea to follow Bradley. Lets hope we're not all disappointed.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Calm down dear! on 18:13 - Oct 5 with 5692 viewsnierika

"PL experience" = same old guys being recycled from team to team
Login to get fewer ads

Calm down dear! on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 5690 viewsOldjack

Time for a fight is ,if we go down and they really start to milk us dry
Franco was on borrowed time ,just a tad naughty the way went about it

Now get behind the manager ,he's ours to hopefully stay for a very long time
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 19:15]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Calm down dear! on 18:16 - Oct 5 with 5681 viewsmonmouth

Calm down dear! on 18:08 - Oct 5 by Clinton

Decent post. Dont agree with with every last detail, but fair and reasoned.
Bradley is a risk, he would be a wise man to draw on Curt's experience hopefully a pragmatic approach and the likes of Curtis around the place will pull us through.

Personally, Ive calmed down a bit today. Beginning to look forward again to my first away trip of the season to the Emirates. Not much choice other than to continue going to the games and shouting for the Swans, I guess. I wrote prematurely earlier in the week when I vowed not to renew the ST.

Im surprised how much exposure we've gleaned from having the first US coach in the Premier League. You write that US soccer fans are used to swimming upstream; there'll be plenty more of that if they climb on board the good ship Swansea to follow Bradley. Lets hope we're not all disappointed.

I would laugh my ass off if we humiliated the gooners with a five star (and stripe) show of spectacular soccerball and a 5-0 win. Now that would be peachy pie.

I'd love it if we kicked their sorry butts. LOVE IT.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Calm down dear! on 18:21 - Oct 5 with 5658 viewsymaohyd

No ive made longer and equally boring posts.

I's always ask the question with regards to the sale of the club..? What would you do? (don't mean you personally) but people generally.

My answer would be that I would have sold out as well and enjoyed my millions for my family.

In my post I say, I wish Jenkins had gone.

No I did like Guidolin (as a person) and wish we had beaten Hull which would have taken a lot of pressure off him. After the Hull game, I think it was always going to be a matter of time, giving the run of fixtures we had.

Just wasn't impressed with him to be honest though, I think we got lucky last season. Norwich missed a sitter at the end, as wins go an extremely dodgy one against Villa. The Newcastle and Leicester away performances were dire. Everton were crap at home and was his first game in charge so not sure how much he had to do with that.

Was ill for the Arsenal away game.

And now this season's start.

He has been fired plenty of times during his career, so not exactly the first time!

There were positives as well, but I don't get the incredulous response of some.

Calm down dear! on 18:29 - Oct 5 with 5609 viewsymaohyd

Calm down dear! on 18:21 - Oct 5 by ymaohyd

I's always ask the question with regards to the sale of the club..? What would you do? (don't mean you personally) but people generally.

My answer would be that I would have sold out as well and enjoyed my millions for my family.

No I did like Guidolin (as a person) and wish we had beaten Hull which would have taken a lot of pressure off him. After the Hull game, I think it was always going to be a matter of time, giving the run of fixtures we had.

Just wasn't impressed with him to be honest though, I think we got lucky last season. Norwich missed a sitter at the end, as wins go an extremely dodgy one against Villa. The Newcastle and Leicester away performances were dire. Everton were crap at home and was his first game in charge so not sure how much he had to do with that.

He has been fired plenty of times during his career, so not exactly the first time!

That's to privatepartz

Calm down dear! on 19:08 - Oct 5 with 5503 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Talk about an over the top, self indulgent, hysterical response to the response to what is going on at the club, get a life!
Calm down dear! on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 5434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Calm down dear! on 18:29 - Oct 5 by ymaohyd

That's to privatepartz

Thanks. I disagreed with 90% of your first post and about the same with your second. Not going to list the reasons why I have deep concerns as most of the very good threads on here cover all the areas. There was little panic, little racism, little hatred for BB - that one is for Clasey. Just genuine concern for the way our club is being exploited by unscrupulous incompetent people. I hope Boo Is not incompetent. He certainly has more sense of PR than Huw and the Yanks put together which is one slight reason for optimism.
Don't take my word for it though, just read Phil and Ux's responses on behalf of the Trust. If you feel they are being self indulgent and panicking then fair enough but you are wrong. Just as wrong as you were about Frankie getting lucky last season.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 19:36]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Calm down dear! on 19:34 - Oct 5 with 5426 viewsPrivate_Partz

Calm down dear! on 19:08 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

Talk about an over the top, self indulgent, hysterical response to the response to what is going on at the club, get a life!

Isn't it? The biggest rant on here all day :-))

Calm down dear! on 19:42 - Oct 5 with 5386 viewsgiantstoneater

From where I'm standing it seems to me it's not only BB that has something to prove our new owners have much to prove as well so far they have fallen well short after a disastrous transfer window they also have a long way to prove that they want to work with the trust and the supporters of this club and as yet have shown very little in that regard. I believe most of the fans anger is directed at our new owners and not BB as like most managers of our great club will have the backing of most fans he has, of course, got to bring positive results and a style of play that our fans can be proud of. So my message to the new board is its up to you guys!
Calm down dear! on 19:48 - Oct 5 with 5366 viewsPrivate_Partz

Calm down dear! on 19:42 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

From where I'm standing it seems to me it's not only BB that has something to prove our new owners have much to prove as well so far they have fallen well short after a disastrous transfer window they also have a long way to prove that they want to work with the trust and the supporters of this club and as yet have shown very little in that regard. I believe most of the fans anger is directed at our new owners and not BB as like most managers of our great club will have the backing of most fans he has, of course, got to bring positive results and a style of play that our fans can be proud of. So my message to the new board is its up to you guys!

Good news but I am not going to give Boo Hell for style of play. After this poor and late window it is points on the board and safety that is the most important for me. I was prepared for that with Frankie so it will be no different with his replacement.

Calm down dear! on 19:49 - Oct 5 with 5360 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Calm down dear! on 18:21 - Oct 5 by ymaohyd

Yeah, but you have to admit that you've taken the biscuit with this thread.
Guidolin has just dragged three excellent performances out of a limited pool of players against arguably three of the top four teams in the country.
I don't think Bob has the ability to do the same.

The sellouts have feathered their nest without a second thought about what the future holds for SCFC. Just like Lewis when he sold to the club to Tony Petty. They've proudly told us that the new owners will take the Swans "to the next level". Do you believe that then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Calm down dear! on 19:54 - Oct 5 with 5334 viewsPastor_Flapps

I agree Guidolin badly treated BUT the Bradley thing was obviously all long-ago pre-arranged between owners old and new yet we still gave FG a well-deserved two year contract extention and, therefore, presumably a better pay off?
Calm down dear! on 19:56 - Oct 5 with 5329 viewsGowerjack

Calm down dear! on 19:49 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah, but you have to admit that you've taken the biscuit with this thread.
Guidolin has just dragged three excellent performances out of a limited pool of players against arguably three of the top four teams in the country.
I don't think Bob has the ability to do the same.

The sellouts have feathered their nest without a second thought about what the future holds for SCFC. Just like Lewis when he sold to the club to Tony Petty. They've proudly told us that the new owners will take the Swans "to the next level". Do you believe that then?

Agreed.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024