Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Self(ie)-Obsessed 20:22 - Oct 8 with 975 viewskarnataka

While non-football topics seem to be in vogue this week, I thought I'd toss another in.

I've just returned from a few days in Italy which included a long overdue visit to Venice, a city of almost unparalleled beauty IMO.

Only one thing spoiled my Venice experience. It seemed to me there were countless thousands who had spent vast sums of money and travelled very long distances to visit some of the world's most impressive and iconic sights. But what do they take photographs of instead? Themselves. WTF?!?!

I wonder if they show their friends their photographic holiday memories by saying things like "Here's one of me obscuring at least half of the magnificent Basilica of St Mark in Venice" or "Here's another one of me and you can just make out a bit of Niagra Falls over my left shoulder or "Here's one of me completely ruining an otherwise excellent photograph of The Taj Mahal at sunset". Give me strength.

And if I'd seen another f*cking selfie stick within 24 hours of leaving Venice, someone may well have ended up with some serious rectal injuries.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 20:29 - Oct 8 with 953 viewsCroftyjack

its up there with people at concerts who instead of getting into the show/experience would rather hold they phone above their heads recording it!!
At a concert recently I asked someone who was part of our group why don't you relax and enjoy it!!! she said so she could look back at her experiences...I said but youre not really enjoying and could always buy the dvd!! she looked at me confused and said its not the same though!!!WTF
The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 778 viewskarnataka

The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 20:29 - Oct 8 by Croftyjack

its up there with people at concerts who instead of getting into the show/experience would rather hold they phone above their heads recording it!!
At a concert recently I asked someone who was part of our group why don't you relax and enjoy it!!! she said so she could look back at her experiences...I said but youre not really enjoying and could always buy the dvd!! she looked at me confused and said its not the same though!!!WTF

Oh yes, that's another good one. I go to quite a few gigs and usually take a few snaps but trying to get one without half a dozen mobile phones in is becoming almost impossible. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................
The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 14:41 - Oct 9 with 751 viewsperchrockjack

Great point.

Two weeks ago ,we were at niagara .

That day, someone approached staff at restaurant for help as someone had fallen in .

...taking a selfie

Reply was, it's no emergency,it happens all the time

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 15:01 - Oct 9 with 742 viewsGowerjack

The Self(ie)-Obsessed on 14:41 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

Great point.

Two weeks ago ,we were at niagara .

That day, someone approached staff at restaurant for help as someone had fallen in .

...taking a selfie

Reply was, it's no emergency,it happens all the time

Natural selection at work Richie.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024