Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams 20:39 - Oct 16 with 5811 viewsRancid

Playing his heart out for Everton like he did for us for so many years.No post-Swans hiccups for Ash and the 1 biggest reason we're now a shambles defensively and relegation material.
Ashley Williams on 20:44 - Oct 16 with 4818 viewsmax936

He wanted to go Chris, there was nothing we could do apparently, although if we had signed Joey he would have stayed according to rumours.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ashley Williams on 20:45 - Oct 16 with 4814 viewslifelong

Hard to disagree.

We also need a Captain who is going to play 90 minutes for the vast majority of games, no disrespect to Leon.
Ashley Williams on 20:55 - Oct 16 with 4757 viewsBorojack

No problem him going we should have replaced though.
And not with a novice who plays for the under 23s.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Ashley Williams on 21:00 - Oct 16 with 4727 viewsRancid

Ashley Williams on 20:44 - Oct 16 by max936

He wanted to go Chris, there was nothing we could do apparently, although if we had signed Joey he would have stayed according to rumours.

Yeah he wanted out Steve but he's not been replaced and while everyone dissects what's wrong down here at the moment the main reason is losing him.It weren't just his defending it was the way he led, the way he didn't give a f**k who we were playing or who he marked.He was an infectious big gobbed no nonsense neccessity and he's left a huge void down here.
Ashley Williams on 21:04 - Oct 16 with 4702 viewsmax936

Ashley Williams on 21:00 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Yeah he wanted out Steve but he's not been replaced and while everyone dissects what's wrong down here at the moment the main reason is losing him.It weren't just his defending it was the way he led, the way he didn't give a f**k who we were playing or who he marked.He was an infectious big gobbed no nonsense neccessity and he's left a huge void down here.

Can't disagree with that.

PMed you Chris

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ashley Williams on 21:04 - Oct 16 with 4701 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams on 21:00 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Regardless of all that, if one of the conditions of him staying was us spending £13m on his mate then he had to go.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams on 21:12 - Oct 16 with 4656 viewsKilkennyjack

Ash is superman

Beware of the Risen People

Ashley Williams on 21:17 - Oct 16 with 4634 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Ashley Williams on 21:12 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

Ash is superman

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams on 21:20 - Oct 16 with 4615 viewsRancid

Ashley Williams on 21:04 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

Regardless of all that, if one of the conditions of him staying was us spending £13m on his mate then he had to go.

6 goals in 10 games for club and country and local boy Joe Allen you mean?

Yeah I'd have paid it if it meant us getting the 2 players.
Ashley Williams on 21:23 - Oct 16 with 4595 viewsWarwickHunt

A player dictating terms to our DoF?

That could never happen, Shirley?
Ashley Williams on 21:24 - Oct 16 with 4588 viewsRancid

Ashley Williams on 21:23 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

A player dictating terms to our DoF?

That could never happen, Shirley?

Our captain, Phil.
Ashley Williams on 21:26 - Oct 16 with 4572 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams on 21:24 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Our captain, Phil.

Doesn't matter who he is.

An excess of player power is one of the reasons we are where we are. We listened to our last captain too much. Even made him manager. Look how that turned out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams on 21:27 - Oct 16 with 4563 viewsSwansNZ

Ashley Williams on 21:20 - Oct 16 by Rancid

6 goals in 10 games for club and country and local boy Joe Allen you mean?

Yeah I'd have paid it if it meant us getting the 2 players.

You can’t have players dictating who we sign, or who we don’t.

The problem (as Boro said), was not losing Ash, but not replacing him with a suitable/experienced player.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ashley Williams on 21:29 - Oct 16 with 4544 viewsDarran

I'm not going to say the Bradley Orr story again bit the day a big football club sits a player that wants transfer in the stands after he's trained all week things will start changing.
The likes of Bosman and Gordon Taylor (in his £50k a week like most Union reps) have ruined the game.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ashley Williams on 21:36 - Oct 16 with 4510 viewsWingstandwood

Ashley Williams on 21:29 - Oct 16 by Darran

I'm not going to say the Bradley Orr story again bit the day a big football club sits a player that wants transfer in the stands after he's trained all week things will start changing.
The likes of Bosman and Gordon Taylor (in his £50k a week like most Union reps) have ruined the game.

Yeah way, way too much power modern players have got! They're more often than not onto a winner because they can hold their club(s) to ransom because of their contract and wages. It so sad that it can actually pay to underperform and not give a f#ck Shelvey being an appalling example. Signing on fee after signing on fee, after signing on fee with increasing pay rises.

Argus!

Ashley Williams on 21:39 - Oct 16 with 4491 viewsRancid

Ashley Williams on 21:26 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't matter who he is.

An excess of player power is one of the reasons we are where we are. We listened to our last captain too much. Even made him manager. Look how that turned out.

Bit of a difference Ash wanting us to sign a great little player who we all wanted and is proving just why, to Monk, not liking Laudrup and Spaniards who signed for him.We're now without Ash and Joe Allen and rudderless.But of course, no player is bigger than the club.
Ashley Williams on 21:41 - Oct 16 with 4474 views34dfgdf54

I don't think it was necessarily that. It was more the club showed no ambition whatsoever to get a player which any one with any ounce of footballing knowledge knows would have made one heck of a difference to what is a very, very poor central midfield area of the team, which as you know, is kind of important at any standard never mind the top level.
Ashley Williams on 21:43 - Oct 16 with 4460 viewsmonmouth

Almost nobody on here would have turned down 12m for 32 year old Ashley Williams if asked in the early summer. We needed to replace his leadership, and his defensive organisation. We didn't.

Actually I was 'meh' about Allen, but maybe he'd have brought some of that leadership being local. Shithouse Ki, captain ofSouth Korea (?) certainly doesn't. I accept I was wrong about both.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ashley Williams on 21:49 - Oct 16 with 4429 viewsDarran

Ashley Williams on 21:39 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Bit of a difference Ash wanting us to sign a great little player who we all wanted and is proving just why, to Monk, not liking Laudrup and Spaniards who signed for him.We're now without Ash and Joe Allen and rudderless.But of course, no player is bigger than the club.

Absolutely Christopher people like Dr Winston can't seem to move on from the past.

Ashley Williams on 21:50 - Oct 16 with 4423 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams on 21:39 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Ash wanting us to sign a player and Ash wanting to leave because we didn't are two different things.

I'm not saying Allen wasn't a deal worth doing. Hell, not taking the offer to get shot of Ki and sign Allen for a cost of only £2m is one of the dumbest things Jenkins has done in 36 months of almost uninterrupted stupidity, but the club cannot allow itself to be dictated to by players.

Ashley Williams on 22:03 - Oct 16 with 4352 viewsRancid

Ashley Williams on 21:50 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

Ash wanting us to sign a player and Ash wanting to leave because we didn't are two different things.

I'm not saying Allen wasn't a deal worth doing. Hell, not taking the offer to get shot of Ki and sign Allen for a cost of only £2m is one of the dumbest things Jenkins has done in 36 months of almost uninterrupted stupidity, but the club cannot allow itself to be dictated to by players.

Maybe he was as dumbfounded as the rest of us fans were when we didn't sign Allen and thought the club isn't matching his own ambitions.We're led to believe or selectively choose to believe that because we didn't get Joe, Ash said ''that's it I'm off'' but whether it's as clear cut as that we'll never know.I don't think it is personally.It could just as easily have been the club cashing in again and not caring enough what the repercussions were.It's far more easy to accept when you hear your most important player is off cos he's a c**t.
Ashley Williams on 22:08 - Oct 16 with 4312 viewsmonmouth

I would speculate Gidolin rather than Allen was the issue with Williams. That and the little matter that he was always going to sign for a club like Evo if they came calling.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ashley Williams on 22:11 - Oct 16 with 4292 viewsDarran

Ashley Williams on 22:03 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Maybe he was as dumbfounded as the rest of us fans were when we didn't sign Allen and thought the club isn't matching his own ambitions.We're led to believe or selectively choose to believe that because we didn't get Joe, Ash said ''that's it I'm off'' but whether it's as clear cut as that we'll never know.I don't think it is personally.It could just as easily have been the club cashing in again and not caring enough what the repercussions were.It's far more easy to accept when you hear your most important player is off cos he's a c**t.

Superb post Christopher.

Ashley Williams on 11:05 - Oct 17 with 3934 viewsDafyddHuw

Ashley Williams on 21:29 - Oct 16 by Darran

Berahino?
Ashley Williams on 11:12 - Oct 17 with 3921 viewsDarran

Ashley Williams on 11:05 - Oct 17 by DafyddHuw

Berahino?

Big club I said.

But that's a good point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024