Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why were the rats let off the hook today? 02:32 - Oct 23 with 1531 viewsChief

No hatred pointed toward the former owners (some part of our current board) at all? Why have we gone so soft? Is this not the fanbase that literally chased Petty away? Are a lot of the support unaware of the former owners conduct through laziness or apathy? Was this game too soon to mobilise an organized protest? Or has the red herring point that 'let's behind the team' won through? Even though there's been very little noise (home & away) from us all season? The point I'm making here, is that some noise is better than nothing? I

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 07:13 - Oct 23 with 1429 viewsjack247

Yes, a lot of the fanbase are probably unaware or indifferent towards that. The owners know full well, that whether they are trying to capitalise on the American market, cut our costs increase our revenue then sell us, or whatever else their strategy is, the crowd won't turn on them in numbers unless we start losing consistently under Bob. They also know that if that does happen, we get stranded at the bottom and the crowd are giving them grief all game, it would be an absolute PR disaster.
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 07:34 - Oct 23 with 1402 viewsawayjack

Apathy amongst most of our fans. The Board / yanks know it, hence they do what they like with the club without any fear of reprisal.
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:01 - Oct 23 with 1352 viewsmonmouth

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 07:34 - Oct 23 by awayjack

Apathy amongst most of our fans. The Board / yanks know it, hence they do what they like with the club without any fear of reprisal.

Most of the people there have no care for anything except what happens on the pitch (some don't seem to care about that the way they stare at their phones the whole game). Same at all clubs. They didn't go through what we did at the turn of the century. The club has changed. Swings and roundabouts.

I do think there is a general malcontent that will probably grow if we can't win more games at home. The atmosphere is as dead as a dodo and pretty much silent. I certainly don't want relegation, but part of me is rejecting the slow death of the premier league anyway. Every season feels the same now. We've seen it all before.

We had some time in the sun 2011-13 and won a major trophy, and for a club like ours, can anyone ask for more really. Maybe it really is time to let go, say goodbye, and let the yanks look to a new generation for the new 'just another club' that know no different.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:02 - Oct 23 with 1348 viewsTrundle10

Reprisal? What? Holding up a few banners and singing a song or two?
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:23 - Oct 23 with 1307 viewsawayjack

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:02 - Oct 23 by Trundle10

Reprisal? What? Holding up a few banners and singing a song or two?

Yes exactly that.
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:40 - Oct 23 with 1241 viewsMattG

What kind of protest did you have in mind? Not quite clear why "getting behind the team" is seen as a red herring, to be honest, particularly given where we are in the table.

Speaking for myself, pretty much 100% of my vitriol at the moment is directed towards Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen and the other sell-outs. Only one of those is still involved in the Club in any meaningful way (and that, from numerous reports, may not even continue for much longer).

There may well be a time and a place for organised protest a la Petty & co. but personally I don't think it's arrived yet.
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 09:17 - Oct 23 with 1170 viewsraynor94

Superb post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 09:44 - Oct 23 with 1063 viewsChief

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:40 - Oct 23 by MattG

What kind of protest did you have in mind? Not quite clear why "getting behind the team" is seen as a red herring, to be honest, particularly given where we are in the table.

Speaking for myself, pretty much 100% of my vitriol at the moment is directed towards Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen and the other sell-outs. Only one of those is still involved in the Club in any meaningful way (and that, from numerous reports, may not even continue for much longer).

There may well be a time and a place for organised protest a la Petty & co. but personally I don't think it's arrived yet.

The point I was making is that the consensus presented by the board is that we must get behind the team (which of course we should) ahead of creating a poisonous and giving the board a hard time & letting them know what we feel. But the fact is we haven't got behind the team all season. So I think any noise, even if its venting our anger or singing in support of the trust would be better than the norm.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 10:20 - Oct 23 with 990 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:40 - Oct 23 by MattG

I think the OP refers to your middle paragraph specifically.

We *can't blame the Americans for buying us at a low price. As for the petty style protests you're right - only if this Bradley move turns sour and for instance we're hurtling towards relegation and don't strengthen (or worse weaken during January) then the knives will be out.

Going back to the OP's point - for the following :-
1. Marginalization of the supporters trust including not allowing the fans group more shares, to cynically engineer more of a profit for them whilst not safeguarding the future of the club.
2. Publicly stating that the club needs investment whilst at the same time refusing to speak to Chinese bona fide investors .
3. Refusal to speak to the above investors knowing that they wanted to invest in the city as part of the package which could have included significant job creation , maybe even infrastructure, entertainments and possible ground expansion.
4. The deliberate running down of playing staff which has left us where we are in the table.
For these reasons above I'd never show my face around here again if I were them . They deserve all the verbal abuse they get. Do they really think after all that they can just take their padded leather seats and have half the west stand lining up for autographed FAJTAK dvds?
I think not!!!

*Editted - now reads Can't blame the Americans for buying us at a low price.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:29]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 871 viewsMattG

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 09:44 - Oct 23 by Chief

The point I was making is that the consensus presented by the board is that we must get behind the team (which of course we should) ahead of creating a poisonous and giving the board a hard time & letting them know what we feel. But the fact is we haven't got behind the team all season. So I think any noise, even if its venting our anger or singing in support of the trust would be better than the norm.

To be honest, I couldn't give a toss what Jenkins or the Americans want us to do but the Trust have specifically asked for the supporters to back the team on the pitch - I don't think going after the previous or current Board, either through abusive chants or banners, will achieve that.

That said, I'm very much in favour of more vocal support for the Trust and would be delighted to join in with that - now we just need someone to come up with a catchy chant.....!
Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 12:57 - Oct 23 with 841 viewsSmellyplumz

Bit like this country really!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 13:05 - Oct 23 with 809 viewsSmellyplumz

Why were the rats let off the hook today? on 08:01 - Oct 23 by monmouth

Most of the people there have no care for anything except what happens on the pitch (some don't seem to care about that the way they stare at their phones the whole game). Same at all clubs. They didn't go through what we did at the turn of the century. The club has changed. Swings and roundabouts.

I do think there is a general malcontent that will probably grow if we can't win more games at home. The atmosphere is as dead as a dodo and pretty much silent. I certainly don't want relegation, but part of me is rejecting the slow death of the premier league anyway. Every season feels the same now. We've seen it all before.

We had some time in the sun 2011-13 and won a major trophy, and for a club like ours, can anyone ask for more really. Maybe it really is time to let go, say goodbye, and let the yanks look to a new generation for the new 'just another club' that know no different.

Great post Mon, wise words.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024