Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 11:41 - Oct 26 with 4259 viewsUplandsJack

What I can't get my head round in all this is simply, why didn't they just disclose this at the time, instead of continue to mislead at best, us all....

It stinks and leaves massive feelings of loss of trust from our own TRUST.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 11:42]
Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 14:50 - Oct 26 with 3381 viewsSmellyplumz

So who in the trust knew about this? Phil? Had he been on here to explain our is he hiding?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 3335 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 14:50 - Oct 26 by Smellyplumz

So who in the trust knew about this? Phil? Had he been on here to explain our is he hiding?

They are all on holiday with no wi-fi, phone signal.
Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 19:43 - Oct 26 with 3087 viewsLeonisGod

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 15:26 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

They are all on holiday with no wi-fi, phone signal.

These Faraday Cage hotels are all the rage
Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 20:49 - Oct 26 with 3003 viewsperchrockjack

Meanwhile, we face a tricky Stoke fixture.

Then others.

But hey...main topic is bitching

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 20:57 - Oct 26 with 2971 viewsFlashberryjack

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 14:50 - Oct 26 by Smellyplumz

I now nowt about accounting .......but you'd have thought £40,000 would have shown up on the accounts ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:13 - Oct 26 with 2923 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What I don't understand is what oversight there was either from the Trust, and/or the club, to approve large payments of Trust money, our money, to an individual in execution of a role which was supposed to be entirely voluntary?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:15 - Oct 26 with 2906 viewsTheResurrection

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:13 - Oct 26 by NeiltheTaylor

What I don't understand is what oversight there was either from the Trust, and/or the club, to approve large payments of Trust money, our money, to an individual in execution of a role which was supposed to be entirely voluntary?

When you say Trust money? what do you mean exactly?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:18 - Oct 26 with 2894 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:15 - Oct 26 by TheResurrection

It might be my poor understanding, but in the absence of knowing what was paid to whom, when and what for - if money was paid by the club to the SD for that role then the money always belonged to the people of the Trust and they would have to explicitly agree a motion to pass that on to the person in the voluntary position?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:20]

Login to get fewer ads

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:20 - Oct 26 with 2885 viewsvetchonian

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:15 - Oct 26 by TheResurrection

I think people have got the impression the Trust were paying our SD his wedge

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 2878 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:20 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

I think people have got the impression the Trust were paying our SD his wedge

Or if the club paid it to them directly they did it in error, because it wasn't their money until approved as the SD wasn't their employee?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:21]

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:22 - Oct 26 with 2861 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:21 - Oct 26 by NeiltheTaylor

Or if the club paid it to them directly they did it in error, because it wasn't their money until approved as the SD wasn't their employee?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:21]

But he was. He was being paid by the club for being the Trust's rep on the board. Hence the conflict of interest.

Poll: Tory leader

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:24 - Oct 26 with 2848 viewsperchrockjack

Has that cost us points Andrew . If so, how many.

How is this de facto to enquiry helping the club

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:25 - Oct 26 with 2834 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:22 - Oct 26 by exiledclaseboy

But he was. He was being paid by the club for being the Trust's rep on the board. Hence the conflict of interest.

Ah I see. Kind of. So as soon as the SD is elected to the position they are free to approve and accept whatever payments they want?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:27]

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:29 - Oct 26 with 2804 viewsNeiltheTaylor

How was the figure of $40K reached anyway? Was it a Trust or a private negotiation?

What if the next SD needs more money to offset "business losses"? Do the new administration plan on keeping paying it? Is it written into the Club's director's charter?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:33]

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:30 - Oct 26 with 2800 viewsvetchonian

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:22 - Oct 26 by exiledclaseboy

I thought the payment was more to do with his role as SLO?

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:31 - Oct 26 with 2796 viewsbarry_island

Have the amounts each year since 2011 been clarified? For all we know payments may have been minimal in previous years. Alternatively this may be the scaled back, more palatable amount.

Anyone on the Trust Board able to answer this?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:32 - Oct 26 with 2790 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:24 - Oct 26 by perchrockjack

Has that cost us points Andrew . If so, how many.

How is this de facto to enquiry helping the club

Be quiet, Richard. The adults are having a conversation.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:33 - Oct 26 with 2783 viewsbarry_island

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:30 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Ah right now we know...

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:35 - Oct 26 with 2768 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:30 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Presumably one way around it is for everyone to agree that it was ALL paid for his role as SLO, then the financial conflict is removed - just leaving the question of how much time was spent actually acting as a SD. You know, the role he was elected to actually perform.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:36]

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:35 - Oct 26 with 2762 viewsexiledclaseboy

According to Uxbridge, the payments were for both SD activities and the SLO role.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:35 - Oct 26 with 2758 viewsvetchonian

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:32 - Oct 26 by exiledclaseboy

Be quiet, Richard. The adults are having a conversation.

Really things on here have deteriorated to schoolyard games almost with opposing gangs and bullies fighting amongst themselves whilst the nasty boys from another school are waiting outside the gates to take on those who are left weakened by the infighting

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:37 - Oct 26 with 2747 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:35 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Really things on here have deteriorated to schoolyard games almost with opposing gangs and bullies fighting amongst themselves whilst the nasty boys from another school are waiting outside the gates to take on those who are left weakened by the infighting

What a colourful analogy. Made me smile.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:38 - Oct 26 with 2730 viewsmonmouth

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:18 - Oct 26 by NeiltheTaylor

It might be my poor understanding, but in the absence of knowing what was paid to whom, when and what for - if money was paid by the club to the SD for that role then the money always belonged to the people of the Trust and they would have to explicitly agree a motion to pass that on to the person in the voluntary position?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:20]

He was paid by the club as a director of the club as I understand it. That's usual for a non-exec in a normal company but a) it is a guaranteed fee that can't be witheld or be contingent on anything much (to maintain independence) and b) must be disclosed to shareholders. This is a private company and an unusual situation but clearly - bloody clearly - the need for full disclosure and protected independence is even more appropriate. Plus there is no way as I understand it that any Non-exec could provide services through a related company...hell. I'm not up to speed these days but I don't even think they can serve on each others boards any more. Independence is critical, even more so in this case.

My top of the head prescription?

In my view T2C is on the button here. Any such contracts are a nonsense and should be disallowed with immediate effect.

Huw Cooze should step down as SD with immediate effect (replaced by Stu Mac?). If the club wishes to employ him as SLO that's fine. that's up to them and him.

Any co-opted members that want it should be made permanent board members with immediate effect, replacing others if necessary, and the two that failed to be elected should be co-opted in for fresh blood.

I still think Phil should stay in place (and not because of a football trivia site which madee me smile as I resigned from a high paying job due to ethics, never mind posting on a site) because I do still believe in him unless someone proves otherwise, although I accept based on a leap of faith from my gut.

The trust needs a clear statement to grasp back the moral advantage they held last week. Oh and to come clean on anything else - I hope theres nothing - and if there is, equally immediate surgery needed.

I think Clasie, as normal, is also on the money. This is a crossroads. Trying to muddle through, appeasing individuals, will kill it stone dead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:38 - Oct 26 with 2723 viewsbarry_island

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:35 - Oct 26 by NeiltheTaylor

Presumably one way around it is for everyone to agree that it was ALL paid for his role as SLO, then the financial conflict is removed - just leaving the question of how much time was spent actually acting as a SD. You know, the role he was elected to actually perform.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:36]

To quote the fabulously abbreviated Reeco:

ROFL, PMSL, ATB with that one.

Why didn't the trust just reveal this paid position back in 2011 on 21:40 - Oct 26 with 2718 viewsperchrockjack

Now you re plagiarising.

Warwick is fond of that phrase.

Warwick is the guy who ,like me ,enjoys black people from Deep South singing from their souls about Life.

Patronising again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024