Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... 11:13 - Nov 1 with 13106 viewsTheResurrection

And the resignation of Jenkins and to get a full understanding of the strategy on survival.

Call a meeting with your members if you feel you need to do this officially or just make a public statement to this affect and take it to the press.

The time has come now to show our strength and to make it clear that not only are we a significant shareholder but we're also many thousands of lifelong supporters.

No more pussy footing around. Do this before the next meeting with them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:21 - Nov 1 with 4131 viewsHumpty

You're not a member of the Trust. You can stamp your feet and demand all you like. Scream until you go purple even.

They don't need to listen to you.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:26 - Nov 1 with 4100 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:21 - Nov 1 by Humpty

You're not a member of the Trust. You can stamp your feet and demand all you like. Scream until you go purple even.

They do well to listen though. If indeed they want to be relevant.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:30 - Nov 1 with 4083 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:21 - Nov 1 by Humpty

There’s a good reason I’m not a member of the Trust but that can be easily rectified if I see them being worthy of their purpose once more.

I will gladly join, and recruit, but we have needed to tangibly see clear evidence of them “getting stuck in”.

My beef with the Trust is well documented and am still furious we have been ignored, for whatever reason, for so long, but it’s not terminal and I still believe in the reason it’s there and its objective of protecting the football club in Swansea.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:34 - Nov 1 with 4056 viewslondonlisa2001

They don't have a strategy for survival.

They have a strategy for making a profit on their takeover.

Two very different things. Yes, survival would be the best way to make money for them, but there'll come a point where they'll turn their attention to getting their money out despite relegation.

Given that there is nothing much that anyone can do until the window opens, the second option may be all that's left by then. There isn't a chance in hell they'll sack Bradley. One of the biggest problems in appointing him was that there was no 'out' play when they did. We're stuck with someone who thinks Rangel is better than Kingsley and Ki and Fer are a balanced midfield combo. Away. At Stoke.

They talked themselves into believing that when we appointed an American who was managing a French second division team, the reason that the fans were against it was the American bit.

Clueless morons.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:34 - Nov 1 with 4052 viewsHumpty

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:30 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

There’s a good reason I’m not a member of the Trust but that can be easily rectified if I see them being worthy of their purpose once more.

I will gladly join, and recruit, but we have needed to tangibly see clear evidence of them “getting stuck in”.

My beef with the Trust is well documented and am still furious we have been ignored, for whatever reason, for so long, but it’s not terminal and I still believe in the reason it’s there and its objective of protecting the football club in Swansea.

Fine. Join up if you like.

Until you do I don't really think that you have the right to "demand" them to do anything.

This is not a personal dig. I don't know you. Just an observation.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:36 - Nov 1 with 4039 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:30 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

Beefs aside...

If the Trust did take the initiative here it might well raise the profile of our beef against the club and put us on the front foot. Give the Trust some exposure and also exposure to the cause!

We should be demanding their resignations...What ever way we look it's a fooking shambles.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 4025 viewsDafyddHuw

When do we (the Trust) go nuclear?
We're not staying up this season, so there'll be no "disruption".
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:41 - Nov 1 with 4010 viewsGB11

Teams have been bottom at Christmas and saved themselves.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-12-25/stats-bottom-at-christmas-in-the-premier-leag

You've got two months.

Calm down.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 11:47]
Login to get fewer ads

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:46 - Nov 1 with 3966 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:34 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

Two very different things. Yes, survival would be the best way to make money for them, but there'll come a point where they'll turn their attention to getting their money out despite relegation.

Given that there is nothing much that anyone can do until the window opens, the second option may be all that's left by then. There isn't a chance in hell they'll sack Bradley. One of the biggest problems in appointing him was that there was no 'out' play when they did. We're stuck with someone who thinks Rangel is better than Kingsley and Ki and Fer are a balanced midfield combo. Away. At Stoke.

They talked themselves into believing that when we appointed an American who was managing a French second division team, the reason that the fans were against it was the American bit.

Clueless morons.

I think that’s the point I’m making, Lisa.

I can get why they have bought into Swansea but in such a short space of time the plans on growing the commercial side of the club and increasing its value are slowly disappearing and under real threat.

Yes, I also understand January is our only real chance around improving our playing squad, but the problem here is the cretin who has run our Club down to the ground and shaped our squad to just about avoid relegation the last couple of years, just to make us look a viable proposition for sale, is still our Chairman.

The Americans are here to stay for the time being so there’s no real point in making them the enemy right now. But we do really need to enforce our shareholding and supporter emotions to demand showdown talks on the likely events of the next few months.

The games are looking more daunting than they did during our first season in the EPL and where points are coming from is a massive concern. So now the hope to increase their investment is under threat, what do they plan on doing to recover this?

And why is Jenkins being allowed to continue when the fans despise him and what he’s done.

It’s time to go public here. At this moment in time we are in a slightly better position than Villa are because we still own a fifth of that Club. We need to make the footballing world aware we do and how unhappy we are with everything.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 11:50]

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:51 - Nov 1 with 3933 views3swan

Not sure about showdown talks, but did I read that the owners are over for the game Sunday and the Trust were expecting a meeting?
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:53 - Nov 1 with 3911 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:34 - Nov 1 by Humpty

Fine. Join up if you like.

Until you do I don't really think that you have the right to "demand" them to do anything.

This is not a personal dig. I don't know you. Just an observation.

Mate, having the right doesn’t really come into this just now. I understand where you are coming from and I am a few clicks away from being a member, so that’s a complete side argument.

We are all potential Trust members, never forget that. So the demands we should be making can be suggested by anyone.

This is still our Club, we can worry about the semantics of Trust membership as we’re going along.

It’s a lowly number but that’s because of the apathetic way it’s been run all these years. This can change.

Now stop being so belligerent ;-)

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:53 - Nov 1 with 3909 viewsHumpty

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:34 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

Clueless morons.

Agreed. We're in Vincent Tan territory here.

Not as amusing and without the high trousers. But football wise, not too far off. Difference is, if Vincent Tan wasn't so clueless about how to run a football club, he'd be a pretty good owner. I don't think he did it for the money, more for the kudos. He actually has put a lot of money into CCFC that he will never get back.

We have a pair of equally clueless c*nts who's only aim is to take money out of the club.

And the people to blame for it are Jenkins and his chums.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:56 - Nov 1 with 3890 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:51 - Nov 1 by 3swan

Not sure about showdown talks, but did I read that the owners are over for the game Sunday and the Trust were expecting a meeting?

Yes, I know.

So do this before the meeting so we can take the issues to the table and get some real answers.

This lip service PR drivel we’re getting from the Club isn’t cutting it.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:58 - Nov 1 with 3865 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:56 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

Yes, I know.

So do this before the meeting so we can take the issues to the table and get some real answers.

This lip service PR drivel we’re getting from the Club isn’t cutting it.

I hope it happens , but it takes 2 to have the debate, and I don't think the new board have the thought to do it. They have just employed someone to do that for them
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:59 - Nov 1 with 3855 viewsHumpty

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:53 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

Mate, having the right doesn’t really come into this just now. I understand where you are coming from and I am a few clicks away from being a member, so that’s a complete side argument.

We are all potential Trust members, never forget that. So the demands we should be making can be suggested by anyone.

This is still our Club, we can worry about the semantics of Trust membership as we’re going along.

It’s a lowly number but that’s because of the apathetic way it’s been run all these years. This can change.

Now stop being so belligerent ;-)

I have never been belligerent in my life. I have always endeavored to be sweetness and light.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:10 - Nov 1 with 3811 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 11:46 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

I think that’s the point I’m making, Lisa.

I can get why they have bought into Swansea but in such a short space of time the plans on growing the commercial side of the club and increasing its value are slowly disappearing and under real threat.

Yes, I also understand January is our only real chance around improving our playing squad, but the problem here is the cretin who has run our Club down to the ground and shaped our squad to just about avoid relegation the last couple of years, just to make us look a viable proposition for sale, is still our Chairman.

The Americans are here to stay for the time being so there’s no real point in making them the enemy right now. But we do really need to enforce our shareholding and supporter emotions to demand showdown talks on the likely events of the next few months.

The games are looking more daunting than they did during our first season in the EPL and where points are coming from is a massive concern. So now the hope to increase their investment is under threat, what do they plan on doing to recover this?

And why is Jenkins being allowed to continue when the fans despise him and what he’s done.

It’s time to go public here. At this moment in time we are in a slightly better position than Villa are because we still own a fifth of that Club. We need to make the footballing world aware we do and how unhappy we are with everything.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 11:50]

From the minute the takeover went public I have been banging the PR drum, as I believed it to be our best weapon.

I understood the reasons given for not wanting to disrupt the club over the summer, but given it's now clear and public that the Trust and the owners (both ex owners and current, but more particularly ex owners) are not all in this together, I would be more than happy to see the Trust take an aggressive stance, and call the takeover out in public, at every possible opportunity, for what it was.

I suspect that HJ remaining chairman is part of the agreement that was made, and it suits the Americans to have someone they can use as a scapegoat. They used Guidolin, insinuating that it was bad management, but they can't do that any longer. They can now use Jenkins - it was interesting that they very publicly insisted that Bradley was his choice.

The issue we have as fans is that it's hard to gauge whether any money was made available for the squad or not. My personal belief is that money could have been there if Jenkins had demanded it. But I have little doubt that he spent his time telling the Americans that the squad was good enough - their programme notes last week talked about players being much better than was being seen on the pitch. Utter crap. Guidolin was having to try all sorts to get a squad of poor players to play above themselves and was getting there when he went. This bloke doesn't have a clue.

Jenkins has to go. Everyone involved before has to go. And then we can see whether or not there is any possibility of the Trust working positively with the new owners or not. If not, then everything possible has to be done to try to cash in the Trust's shareholding.

I've said for ages that the worst thing that ever happened (ironically given he was fantastic) was us buying Michu for £2m as it made Jenkins believe he could 'beat the system' and spot a bargain that no one else was able to.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:12 - Nov 1 with 3792 viewsswancity

Our Club seems divided. It's not pulling together which is essential if we are to improve

We have lost our identity, our playing style, the Swansea Way. It's shambolic. Greed has been a factor and it reminds me of 15 years ago when Tony Petty was here. Only then, match day tickets were being sold from a biscuit tin by two old ladies.

The Trust have much to be embarrassed about and they now need to show strength to challenge things, legally if they can. What's happening with that? I must confess that I didn't think in a million years that those involved would have sold this club down the river but they have and they did. Greed? Yes just like Petty then really.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:14 - Nov 1 with 3768 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:10 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

From the minute the takeover went public I have been banging the PR drum, as I believed it to be our best weapon.

I understood the reasons given for not wanting to disrupt the club over the summer, but given it's now clear and public that the Trust and the owners (both ex owners and current, but more particularly ex owners) are not all in this together, I would be more than happy to see the Trust take an aggressive stance, and call the takeover out in public, at every possible opportunity, for what it was.

I suspect that HJ remaining chairman is part of the agreement that was made, and it suits the Americans to have someone they can use as a scapegoat. They used Guidolin, insinuating that it was bad management, but they can't do that any longer. They can now use Jenkins - it was interesting that they very publicly insisted that Bradley was his choice.

The issue we have as fans is that it's hard to gauge whether any money was made available for the squad or not. My personal belief is that money could have been there if Jenkins had demanded it. But I have little doubt that he spent his time telling the Americans that the squad was good enough - their programme notes last week talked about players being much better than was being seen on the pitch. Utter crap. Guidolin was having to try all sorts to get a squad of poor players to play above themselves and was getting there when he went. This bloke doesn't have a clue.

Jenkins has to go. Everyone involved before has to go. And then we can see whether or not there is any possibility of the Trust working positively with the new owners or not. If not, then everything possible has to be done to try to cash in the Trust's shareholding.

I've said for ages that the worst thing that ever happened (ironically given he was fantastic) was us buying Michu for £2m as it made Jenkins believe he could 'beat the system' and spot a bargain that no one else was able to.

He didn't spot him though! Signed him yes but he wasn't a Jenkins buy per se.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:21 - Nov 1 with 3720 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:14 - Nov 1 by costalotta

He didn't spot him though! Signed him yes but he wasn't a Jenkins buy per se.

I know that - he was touted to everyone,

But our board were given all the credit in the media - we had SAF telling everyone that would listen how brilliant we had been in finding such a bargain.

And it went to people's heads. We started signing 'lesser lights' who had done well in other leagues - Gomis, Tabanou, Eder, Barrow. Because people began to think of themselves as a footballing genius. Doing 'clever' deals, to get players in for 'free' (who then wanted to leave the instant they got here as they'd still get their signing money and could get it again by moving on). Being clever by not signing Joe Allen and keeping Ki and signing Fer, when anyone with half a brain could see that Allen would rip up the league this year.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:22 - Nov 1 with 3709 viewsmonmouth

I agree with the thrust of this 100%. I believe the threat of bad publicity is a lever that will resonate with the Americans. It also won't surprise anyone that I want all the sellout shitheads out of our club for good.

As I've said throughout, I felt that selling up (if it were possible) might be a more effective strategy for the good of the club with these people. Not because we'd have money to buy the club if it went bankrupt (although that's a nice by-product safety net) but to be able to scrutinise the clubs actions with total freedom from the outside and have the money to be seriously effective in highlighting issues in press campaigns..........if the money can be used for that purpose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:24 - Nov 1 with 3681 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:10 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

He didn’t spot that bargain, Lisa! He got rid of the people that spotted the bargain as they were getting too much influence over our player recruitment.

And he’s never done enough since Kevin Reeves left to make significant improvements in that department. We all know that though.

So then…. Do you want me to draft this statement??

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:29 - Nov 1 with 3647 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:21 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

I know that - he was touted to everyone,

But our board were given all the credit in the media - we had SAF telling everyone that would listen how brilliant we had been in finding such a bargain.

And it went to people's heads. We started signing 'lesser lights' who had done well in other leagues - Gomis, Tabanou, Eder, Barrow. Because people began to think of themselves as a footballing genius. Doing 'clever' deals, to get players in for 'free' (who then wanted to leave the instant they got here as they'd still get their signing money and could get it again by moving on). Being clever by not signing Joe Allen and keeping Ki and signing Fer, when anyone with half a brain could see that Allen would rip up the league this year.

Apologies, was not meant to try and catch you out. But it needs to be put out there that HJ is no football genius at all.

And Yes and many of us have been shouting that for years but yet he's got away with time after time.

It's shameful what he and th rest of them have done. They must be run out of the club.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:31 - Nov 1 with 3633 viewsmonmouth

"Being clever by not signing Joe Allen and keeping Ki and signing Fer, when anyone with half a brain could see that Allen would rip up the league this year."

Ouch!!
I've said sorry mun. I thought Ki had more to his all round game.

Sorry, I know this is a serious thread. Back on topic, it doesn't matter much now why these pygmies thought they were giants. We just need the cancer out of the club. I do think the analogy with Tan a good one, other than he looks more palatable! If they thought they could get away with it I've no doubt out badge or colours would be changed to reflect the stars and stripes.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:31 - Nov 1 with 3628 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:22 - Nov 1 by monmouth

I agree with the thrust of this 100%. I believe the threat of bad publicity is a lever that will resonate with the Americans. It also won't surprise anyone that I want all the sellout shitheads out of our club for good.

As I've said throughout, I felt that selling up (if it were possible) might be a more effective strategy for the good of the club with these people. Not because we'd have money to buy the club if it went bankrupt (although that's a nice by-product safety net) but to be able to scrutinise the clubs actions with total freedom from the outside and have the money to be seriously effective in highlighting issues in press campaigns..........if the money can be used for that purpose.

The only PR that will work is the 'product' on the pitch. Many fans imo aren't interested in the politics that off field issues brings.
At the moment the new board pop over a few times but now can leave it to their operations man to play the PR game.
I haven't seen a chink that makes me think their attitude will change.
I am for selling at the right price ready for the rainy day that will eventually come. Without a legal ruling I just can't see a right price being that option.
A bit of money from the ex board may come our way, but that will only be the bright point I'm afraid
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:36 - Nov 1 with 3585 viewsmonmouth

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:31 - Nov 1 by 3swan

The only PR that will work is the 'product' on the pitch. Many fans imo aren't interested in the politics that off field issues brings.
At the moment the new board pop over a few times but now can leave it to their operations man to play the PR game.
I haven't seen a chink that makes me think their attitude will change.
I am for selling at the right price ready for the rainy day that will eventually come. Without a legal ruling I just can't see a right price being that option.
A bit of money from the ex board may come our way, but that will only be the bright point I'm afraid

If things go well on the pitch then that might be true. I can't see it though and therefore the chance exists to stir up the anger on the back of that to effect change. No?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024