Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... 11:13 - Nov 1 with 13084 viewsTheResurrection

And the resignation of Jenkins and to get a full understanding of the strategy on survival.

Call a meeting with your members if you feel you need to do this officially or just make a public statement to this affect and take it to the press.

The time has come now to show our strength and to make it clear that not only are we a significant shareholder but we're also many thousands of lifelong supporters.

No more pussy footing around. Do this before the next meeting with them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:37 - Nov 1 with 1648 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:24 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

He didn’t spot that bargain, Lisa! He got rid of the people that spotted the bargain as they were getting too much influence over our player recruitment.

And he’s never done enough since Kevin Reeves left to make significant improvements in that department. We all know that though.

So then…. Do you want me to draft this statement??

He didn't spot it, but talked himself into believing he did. The amount of favourable press he and the rest of the board got that year was astonishing, and they believed it all.

Still do.

Although given that HJ has publicly stated that he chose Bradley, and publicly stated that the squad is good enough, there's really nowhere else for him to turn any longer.

As for the statement - I'm just a £10 member so it's not up to me! I've said before that in my opinion you should stand to be part of the Trust board, or if it's not possible for now, then you should be brought in to work with them on a more informal basis. I still think that would be a good idea. Honestly. I think the same of Clasie, and Mon, and others as well. The more people pulling in the right direction the better in my view. It's our club, and I'd like to see us get it back where it belongs - with the fans.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 1634 viewsLandore_Jack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:37 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

He didn't spot it, but talked himself into believing he did. The amount of favourable press he and the rest of the board got that year was astonishing, and they believed it all.

Still do.

Although given that HJ has publicly stated that he chose Bradley, and publicly stated that the squad is good enough, there's really nowhere else for him to turn any longer.

As for the statement - I'm just a £10 member so it's not up to me! I've said before that in my opinion you should stand to be part of the Trust board, or if it's not possible for now, then you should be brought in to work with them on a more informal basis. I still think that would be a good idea. Honestly. I think the same of Clasie, and Mon, and others as well. The more people pulling in the right direction the better in my view. It's our club, and I'd like to see us get it back where it belongs - with the fans.

"and I'd like to see us get it back where it belongs - with the fans."

Any Swans fans out there with £100m?

If the 2002 Shareholders agreement is deemed valid by the Court, could the American takeover be classed as void? Therefore, passing ownership back with the original Shareholders?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 12:44]

#backtojack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 1633 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:31 - Nov 1 by monmouth

"Being clever by not signing Joe Allen and keeping Ki and signing Fer, when anyone with half a brain could see that Allen would rip up the league this year."

Ouch!!
I've said sorry mun. I thought Ki had more to his all round game.

Sorry, I know this is a serious thread. Back on topic, it doesn't matter much now why these pygmies thought they were giants. We just need the cancer out of the club. I do think the analogy with Tan a good one, other than he looks more palatable! If they thought they could get away with it I've no doubt out badge or colours would be changed to reflect the stars and stripes.

Haha - I'd forgotten that you were one of them Mon.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 1632 viewsSmellyplumz

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:37 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

Still do.

Very quiet from Huw at the moment isn't it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:44 - Nov 1 with 1624 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:29 - Nov 1 by costalotta

Apologies, was not meant to try and catch you out. But it needs to be put out there that HJ is no football genius at all.

And Yes and many of us have been shouting that for years but yet he's got away with time after time.

It's shameful what he and th rest of them have done. They must be run out of the club.

Not at all - sorry, I'm just so angry with the whole lot of them.

This is EXACTLY what the whole set up was supposed to stop ever happening again - owners that can't be trusted to do anything other than look after their own pockets.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:44 - Nov 1 with 1624 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:31 - Nov 1 by 3swan

The only PR that will work is the 'product' on the pitch. Many fans imo aren't interested in the politics that off field issues brings.
At the moment the new board pop over a few times but now can leave it to their operations man to play the PR game.
I haven't seen a chink that makes me think their attitude will change.
I am for selling at the right price ready for the rainy day that will eventually come. Without a legal ruling I just can't see a right price being that option.
A bit of money from the ex board may come our way, but that will only be the bright point I'm afraid

No, you’re wrong. Sorry, I’ve not been on here a while, you’re on the Trust Board aren’t you?!

Most fans can be interested again, this is a failing of the Trust Board, I’m sorry to say. You have just not engaged with them in anywhere near a satisfactory amount. If you’re not in the Trust this isn’t aimed at you, but the Board.

We need to step it up right now. The whole Club needs a shake up and the Americans need to know they are out of their depth, at least at the moment, which to be fair to them, isn’t really their fault if they were getting advised our squad was strong enough.

The statement should read — The Trust call for the resignation of Huw Jenkins, the Chairman. Get it on Sky News every hour.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 1594 viewsBillyChong

Sky News might be an ask. Using some of the kitty for a full page advert in the post might be more realistic.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:50 - Nov 1 with 1587 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:41 - Nov 1 by Landore_Jack

"and I'd like to see us get it back where it belongs - with the fans."

Any Swans fans out there with £100m?

If the 2002 Shareholders agreement is deemed valid by the Court, could the American takeover be classed as void? Therefore, passing ownership back with the original Shareholders?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 12:44]

I genuinely have no idea what would happen but I can't see a way the takeover would be reversed.

My suspicion is that the trust would be able to force sell their shares for the same value (so about £20m ish) and the Americans would then take legal action against the previous owners for warranting something which wasn't true.
Login to get fewer ads

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 1562 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:36 - Nov 1 by monmouth

If things go well on the pitch then that might be true. I can't see it though and therefore the chance exists to stir up the anger on the back of that to effect change. No?

More and more and are now seeing it this way. It's quite a potent weapon in Our arsenal.

If it's not released then we are back to square one with the Trust. If the Trust want to increase its membership and be seen to be doing something positive now is the time. The fight can be fought on many fronts and what needs to be kept private kept private but its time to go public. If Phil et al cannot do that I'm afraid they'll not been Seen as leaders, or as uniting and galvanising the fan base. And if that's the case they'll need to step down and hand over to those capable of a fight on all fronts.

Like I've said many times we need a Churchill not a chamberlain!
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 1540 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:36 - Nov 1 by monmouth

If things go well on the pitch then that might be true. I can't see it though and therefore the chance exists to stir up the anger on the back of that to effect change. No?

Wish I knew the answer, but can't see it being a quick change in mindset.

Better news though just had my freezer fixed..................... things can be done
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 1540 viewslondonlisa2001

One very simple thing the Trust should do is every single time they mention one of them in public, they should put the word 'multimillionaire' ' before their name.
So every single time they mention HJ, they should describe him as 'multimillionaire Huw Jenkins', or 'we note the words of multimillionaire JVZ' type stuff.

Slightly childish, but effective reinforcement of who it is that has gained from this.

Everyone remembers 'multimillionaire Paul Daniels' years after the event.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 1538 viewsLandore_Jack

[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 13:03]

#backtojack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:06 - Nov 1 with 1514 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:02 - Nov 1 by londonlisa2001

One very simple thing the Trust should do is every single time they mention one of them in public, they should put the word 'multimillionaire' ' before their name.
So every single time they mention HJ, they should describe him as 'multimillionaire Huw Jenkins', or 'we note the words of multimillionaire JVZ' type stuff.

Slightly childish, but effective reinforcement of who it is that has gained from this.

Everyone remembers 'multimillionaire Paul Daniels' years after the event.

You need to be on the board if not chairman Lis.

There are others posters here that would get my vote onto the board too.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:08 - Nov 1 with 1498 viewsTheResurrection

Still do.

Where have I said i'm just a £10 member it's not up to me?

I've said the complete opposite. Don't you read?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:08 - Nov 1 with 1494 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:44 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

No, you’re wrong. Sorry, I’ve not been on here a while, you’re on the Trust Board aren’t you?!

Most fans can be interested again, this is a failing of the Trust Board, I’m sorry to say. You have just not engaged with them in anywhere near a satisfactory amount. If you’re not in the Trust this isn’t aimed at you, but the Board.

We need to step it up right now. The whole Club needs a shake up and the Americans need to know they are out of their depth, at least at the moment, which to be fair to them, isn’t really their fault if they were getting advised our squad was strong enough.

The statement should read — The Trust call for the resignation of Huw Jenkins, the Chairman. Get it on Sky News every hour.

Nope not on the Trust board. I post my views and nothing else.

I still think a large majority of fans think differently, it's a day out and the game iit's the only thing that matters.

I totally agree with your last paragraph re the statement, but the new owners hold all the cards, and the only change is if they see a threat to their share price and profiit to be made
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 13:11]
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:09 - Nov 1 with 1366 viewscostalotta

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:08 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

Res, calm down. I think you might need to read it again. She was referring to herself as a 10 pound memeber not you.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:10 - Nov 1 with 1358 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 12:22 - Nov 1 by monmouth

I agree with the thrust of this 100%. I believe the threat of bad publicity is a lever that will resonate with the Americans. It also won't surprise anyone that I want all the sellout shitheads out of our club for good.

As I've said throughout, I felt that selling up (if it were possible) might be a more effective strategy for the good of the club with these people. Not because we'd have money to buy the club if it went bankrupt (although that's a nice by-product safety net) but to be able to scrutinise the clubs actions with total freedom from the outside and have the money to be seriously effective in highlighting issues in press campaigns..........if the money can be used for that purpose.

In terms of bad publicity, and publicly stating that, I think we'd struggle to be more explicit than the recent Trust address. That spelled out, in breathtaking details, the collusion of the sellers in particular and the lack of engagement to date from the buyers.

Since then, a new COO has been appointed, who there will be a meeting with this week, and there is a meeting scheduled with Levien this weekend. Let's see if events of recent weeks have had the desired result. We'll know soon enough.

Anyway, let me say where I am with all this. I still believe that, if there is any chance of maintaining the Trust's stake and influence in the football club (to pre-sale levels, or more accurately higher) then that's still the desirable outcome. I'm as skeptical as anyone, however the meetings need to happen to either progress that or finally close the door. If that can't be done, then selling all or part of the Trust stake makes a lot of sense. I'm duty bound however to point out that this is something that was noted in the address as something we've tried to get movement on and there simply hasn't been an offer on the table, so logically if there's no willingness to buy then a sale would need to either be forced by a) PR means or b) legal means. Both scenarios would likely be damaging to the football club and our prospects on the pitch (if they could get worse).

And that's my point. If we can't find a way through this, then I believe any exit strategy, while desirable, would likely be very, very messy and probably damaging. If it's even successful, and the guidance to date from legal counsel is not as clear as anyone would like. As mentioned in the meeting a couple of weeks ago, any such decisions such as selling or taking legal action would be determined by the Trust members. And that would be a very tough decision.

As for Jenkins, I think Phil covered this before in that there isn't an official Trust policy on this yet, however I think it's at the point where there needs to be. To me, I think it makes more sense to finalise that after this weekend's meetings when we can understand how the land lies, both in terms of the club's plans and the Americans views. Needless to say I would hope, the views of a significant section of the support regarding Jenkins' role will be shared at that time. I'd shed no tears either way though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:13 - Nov 1 with 1334 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:08 - Nov 1 by 3swan

Nope not on the Trust board. I post my views and nothing else.

I still think a large majority of fans think differently, it's a day out and the game iit's the only thing that matters.

I totally agree with your last paragraph re the statement, but the new owners hold all the cards, and the only change is if they see a threat to their share price and profiit to be made
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 13:11]

We can change that. Eff me, even I can help there.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:17 - Nov 1 with 1314 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of really good posts and points on this thread and not so much bickering which is a step in the right direction,

The Trust need to take the initiative now, they need to meet with the new owners to establish and have some frank conversions about the future and all options need to be considered.
The Trust also need to secure definitive legal opinion in relation to the manner in which they have been treated if they have suffered a detriment in civil law and if the grounds exist they need to give serious consideration to instigating proceedings against the offenders and securing redress, this needs to be done quickly before the opportunity is lost.
Most of the ex board are still shareholders in the club holding approximately 11% of the shares (according to another post on this Forum) but the difference is they don't have any voting rights. I suspect the take over was structured that way as Levein and Kaplan wanted to expand the "business" to be able to sell it at a profit and the ex board would get a second pay day!
The concern for me is that it all goes pete tong and the Trust end up with 21% of the shares which are actually worth nowt. I dont know if this is possible, but as things stand today, I would rather the Trust trousered some cash ready for the rainy day which I think is on the horizon.
As Lisa, said, I suspect the new owners plans revolve around maintaining PL status, my beleif is that we dont retain PL status they will have to look at other options at getting their money back which will most likely mean asset stripping, they have bought in at what appears to be the top of the market and their options to recoup their money may be limited.

The Trust need to be ready to go to war and win the battle of hearts and minds of the general public in South West Wales who will not be so well informed as posters on this ad other forums, it wont be easy as access to traditional media may be limited but it can be done. Social Media is very powerful.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 13:32]
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:17 - Nov 1 with 1313 views3swan

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:13 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

We can change that. Eff me, even I can help there.

Not trying to sound defeatist but of the 18,000 home fans I'm sure that ,many would walk away.
Now I'm not talking that old word plastics but people approach things differently.

I do want the Trust and fans to be on the front foot and as Uxbridge has just posted the meeting at the weekend should be the decision breaker
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:23 - Nov 1 with 1282 viewsSgorioFruit

We are in the shit,

That is all

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:25 - Nov 1 with 1266 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:09 - Nov 1 by costalotta

Res, calm down. I think you might need to read it again. She was referring to herself as a 10 pound memeber not you.

No, I understood and pointed it out to her.

She needs to read it again!

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:26 - Nov 1 with 1264 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I'm not sure a strategy of "showdown" talks right now would provide most impact. I can see the attraction, but I think there are a few approaches to take first, which would keep powder dry for the more disruptive options, should they be required, later.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:27 - Nov 1 with 1256 viewsDovi

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:17 - Nov 1 by 3swan

Not trying to sound defeatist but of the 18,000 home fans I'm sure that ,many would walk away.
Now I'm not talking that old word plastics but people approach things differently.

I do want the Trust and fans to be on the front foot and as Uxbridge has just posted the meeting at the weekend should be the decision breaker

The Trust have left the door open and I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the next meeting. #frontfoot
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:27 - Nov 1 with 1252 viewslondonlisa2001

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:08 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

No - I said re your proposed statement (you said - shall I draft a statement) - I (ME) am only a £10 member so it's not up to ME but I think you should be involved...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024