Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 19:05 - Nov 1 with 5605 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Seriously gone backwards over the last few years

we don't move it quickly enough, we're not willing to take the ball under pressure and we have very little fight for a tackle

We used to control games by being strong through the middle.....and that sometimes included Mark Gower and Kemy Agustein

Although I thought Ki did ok last night as a unit we have been weak for a long time

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Midfield on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 4425 viewsmax936

Ki did orite just, but Fer isn't good enough defensively Leon should have started 100% it was a major mistake in leaving him out in a game that with more thought and better selection we could have got a point at least, they haven't been that great, this hoof it up field isn't gonna work, Jenkins saying not so long ago about us getting back to playing football our way, fukme I didn't realise he mean't back to when we were in League 2 in fact from what I can remember we at least moved the ball a bit quicker then.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Midfield on 19:21 - Nov 1 with 4415 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Good job our defence and attack are so good

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Midfield on 19:25 - Nov 1 with 4406 viewsFireboy

Fer and ki were shocking in the 2nd half but it's not just their fault its bradleys

I lost count how many times allen and bony received the ball just in front of the back 4

I still can't believe leon or cork didn't play last night as if they had it might have been a different result and I put it all down to the managers inability to see what was going wrong

Ffs i can see it why can't he
Midfield on 19:27 - Nov 1 with 4400 viewsmax936

Midfield on 19:21 - Nov 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

We always prided ourselves on having a good midfield, but its a total shambles now, last night they couldn't stop a pig in an alley, the fact Adams ran the show speaks volumes and he was blowing out of his arse after 60 mins due to him not having played for a while, Fer was sucking in air right after half time it got so bad he couldn't keep his lips together.

Midfield on 19:27 - Nov 1 with 4399 viewskarnataka

Midfield on 19:16 - Nov 1 by max936

Ki did orite just, but Fer isn't good enough defensively Leon should have started 100% it was a major mistake in leaving him out in a game that with more thought and better selection we could have got a point at least, they haven't been that great, this hoof it up field isn't gonna work, Jenkins saying not so long ago about us getting back to playing football our way, fukme I didn't realise he mean't back to when we were in League 2 in fact from what I can remember we at least moved the ball a bit quicker then.

Fer has his attributes but I'd agree he isn't good enough defensively to play DM so the smart thing to do is not play him as a DM, especially when we have 2 in the first team squad. Bob has to realise that midfield is about having round pegs in round holes. You can't simply say Fer has proved he has more goal threat than Britton & Cork combined so let's play him as the DM and we retain that goal threat. It just doesn't work like that and never will.
Midfield on 19:31 - Nov 1 with 4378 viewslifelong

Bring back Mark Gower.
Midfield on 19:34 - Nov 1 with 4360 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Midfield on 19:21 - Nov 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

good point but to be fair both of those have mostly been worse than the midfield apart from the odd brief period

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Midfield on 19:34 - Nov 1 with 4360 viewsMurph75

Midfield on 19:31 - Nov 1 by lifelong

Bring back Mark Gower.

Pat Ampadu. We'd have a good song to sing as well.

Ampadu, du, du, ampa, Ampadu.....
Login to get fewer ads

Midfield on 19:35 - Nov 1 with 4351 viewsPapaLazarou

Bradley showed his tactical naivety last night.

Because Leon & Ki didn't work well together in a game where we had to take the game to the opposition and break them down (Watford), he decided that they wouldn't work well together in a completely different kind of fixture.

For me, Sigurdsson is at his best when he's got 2 midfielders who can put the foot in sitting behind him, so he can concentrate on playing his own game.

If we're going to get out of this mess then we absolutely need to utilise Sigurdsson fully. This also means playing him behind a striker who will press the opposition, and two wingers who will do likewise.
Midfield on 19:35 - Nov 1 with 4348 viewslifelong

Midfield on 19:34 - Nov 1 by Murph75

Pat Ampadu. We'd have a good song to sing as well.

Ampadu, du, du, ampa, Ampadu.....

Mark and Pablo= dream team.
Midfield on 19:36 - Nov 1 with 4341 viewsjacabertawe

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mysterious-embarrassin

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Midfield on 19:37 - Nov 1 with 4332 viewsmax936

Midfield on 19:27 - Nov 1 by karnataka

Fer has his attributes but I'd agree he isn't good enough defensively to play DM so the smart thing to do is not play him as a DM, especially when we have 2 in the first team squad. Bob has to realise that midfield is about having round pegs in round holes. You can't simply say Fer has proved he has more goal threat than Britton & Cork combined so let's play him as the DM and we retain that goal threat. It just doesn't work like that and never will.

Correct, but can you play him and Glyfi at the same time, Ki at least worked last night and always made himself available that's the first time in a while though, so Leon Ki and Glyfi should have been the three last night, Fer could have come on half way through 2nd half if we needed a goal or more of a threat, Barrow should have been off on 60 mins he couldn't cope with Pieters, I'm notsure if he's good enough either to be honest, he does have his moments, but I'm not sure, he's got youth on his side though.

Midfield on 19:37 - Nov 1 with 4332 viewsMurph75

Midfield on 19:35 - Nov 1 by lifelong

Mark and Pablo= dream team.

We should pick the team from now on by songs.

Roger, Roger, Roger, Roger Freestone.
Midfield on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 4309 viewsmax936

Midfield on 19:35 - Nov 1 by PapaLazarou

Because Leon & Ki didn't work well together in a game where we had to take the game to the opposition and break them down (Watford), he decided that they wouldn't work well together in a completely different kind of fixture.

For me, Sigurdsson is at his best when he's got 2 midfielders who can put the foot in sitting behind him, so he can concentrate on playing his own game.

If we're going to get out of this mess then we absolutely need to utilise Sigurdsson fully. This also means playing him behind a striker who will press the opposition, and two wingers who will do likewise.

We haven't got two wingers though, we have got a few ineffective ones though.

Midfield on 19:47 - Nov 1 with 4289 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Midfield on 19:35 - Nov 1 by PapaLazarou

I think we just need to play 2 solid centre midfielders with positioning sense and the ability to take the ball and move it forward to siggy and the wingers quickly (whichever wingers they are) - if we do it quickly they'll have a chance and the 2 holding central midfielders will be able to cover the wingers

Whatever happened to Tom Carroll? Positioning sense was good?

For now I'd still play Leon and Fulton behind either striker and 2 wingers but only to allow Siggy to do what he does best

Midfield on 19:51 - Nov 1 with 4266 viewsmax936

Midfield on 19:47 - Nov 1 by PatchesOHoulihan

I think we just need to play 2 solid centre midfielders with positioning sense and the ability to take the ball and move it forward to siggy and the wingers quickly (whichever wingers they are) - if we do it quickly they'll have a chance and the 2 holding central midfielders will be able to cover the wingers

Whatever happened to Tom Carroll? Positioning sense was good?

For now I'd still play Leon and Fulton behind either striker and 2 wingers but only to allow Siggy to do what he does best

Fulton is still young but as performed well when he's had a chance, he's made mistakes yes, but he young enough to recover and learn from them, maybe its time to give him 3 or 4 games with Leon behind or alongside him.

Midfield on 19:57 - Nov 1 with 4254 viewsjojaca

Midfield on 19:37 - Nov 1 by max936

Correct, but can you play him and Glyfi at the same time, Ki at least worked last night and always made himself available that's the first time in a while though, so Leon Ki and Glyfi should have been the three last night, Fer could have come on half way through 2nd half if we needed a goal or more of a threat, Barrow should have been off on 60 mins he couldn't cope with Pieters, I'm notsure if he's good enough either to be honest, he does have his moments, but I'm not sure, he's got youth on his side though.

Barrow is struggling when the full back is man marking him and he is not allowed time or space. But if a winger is not having any joy, I like to see wingers swap positions just to change things up and give opposing defenders a different question to answer.

Centre midfield is big hole, we have an ageing stalwart whose legs have gone and out of form Jack Cork and we carrying two luxury players in Ki and Fer. It maybe a time to give Jay Fulton a run out or possibly drop Glyfi deeper like he did for Iceland.

Even when you know, you never know?

Midfield on 20:01 - Nov 1 with 4244 viewsTheKirkyLife

I lay the midfield problems solely at the hands of Bradley. He clearly sees something in Ki and actually I thought he did okay last night. To play Fer alongside him was suicide though. I cannot understand why we didn't play Cork or trying to bed in Fulton who hasn't ever looked bad in a Swans shirt.
Midfield on 20:05 - Nov 1 with 4229 viewsLeonisGod

We certainly went backwards last night. That's the worse midfield performance I've seen from us in a long, long time. Far too open, with laziness thrown in too. Fer for the first goal makes my blood boil (even if Tayls fecked up first by not clearing a bog standard header under no pressure whatsoever).
Midfield on 20:09 - Nov 1 with 4225 viewsJokeren1943

If you play a possession style kind of play and thereby have the ball instead of the opposition (defending with the ball) it is less important to be a brutal defender it is much easier to be weak defenders like Montero, Dyer, Routledge, Britton. When you maintain the same players among your starting eleven but change your style of play to a defensive counterattack and thereby give the ball possession to your opponent. You now need players strong and with speed. Technical skill is less important.

Swansea simply is caught between two different playing philosophies - and they don't know it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 20:09]
Midfield on 20:45 - Nov 1 with 4169 viewsFireboy

Midfield on 20:09 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

If you play a possession style kind of play and thereby have the ball instead of the opposition (defending with the ball) it is less important to be a brutal defender it is much easier to be weak defenders like Montero, Dyer, Routledge, Britton. When you maintain the same players among your starting eleven but change your style of play to a defensive counterattack and thereby give the ball possession to your opponent. You now need players strong and with speed. Technical skill is less important.

Swansea simply is caught between two different playing philosophies - and they don't know it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 20:09]

Can you put your cv forward to the numpties who run our club please jokeren
Midfield on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 4129 viewsJokeren1943

Midfield on 20:45 - Nov 1 by Fireboy

Can you put your cv forward to the numpties who run our club please jokeren

Lol, would start by sacking the manager.

After watching City vs Barcelona!
Midfield on 21:46 - Nov 1 with 4082 viewsLeonisGod

Midfield on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

Lol, would start by sacking the manager.

After watching City vs Barcelona!

Yes, either of those managers will do. As long as they bring their squads with them.
Midfield on 23:51 - Nov 1 with 3976 viewsKilkennyjack

Fulton a premier league player ? In our position ? Feck me if thats the answer then feck knows what the question is. Humble Stoke have Whelan and Joey - and we go into battle with Fulton ? Not being funny but he would not get a game in the Championship. Next.

Beware of the Risen People

Midfield on 03:11 - Nov 2 with 3925 viewsGriffting

That season we had a record points total, our midfield pairing for the first 20-25 odd games was predominantly Ki and Shelvey. God knows how they managed to work so well.

I think if you sit Cork in front of the back four, with his sole job to screen the back four, break up play, give an easy outlet to the defence, rarely (if ever) join the attack, and not have to do anything more creative than a 5 yard pass, he will do a decent enough job.

Get Ki then to occupy the space in front of him to link defence and attack and siggy to pick up those spaces behind one of the strikers. I honestly don't think that's a terrible midfield three and has proven to be a decent in the past.. just needs clear guidance and discipline.

I'd say we look more clueless than talentless imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024