Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue 22:05 - Nov 1 with 25000 viewsNookiejack

.....ex shareholders to rescind the original deal - on the basis they have been sold a 'pup'. They want their money back. All speculation and rumour but people can understand where this has all come from. I don't know whether this means they will apply to abrogate the acquisition of their shares from multimillionaires Jenkins, Dineen and Morgan etc.

Going to be some difficult conversations ahead when Jenkins meets the Yanks when over for Man U game.

Probably mean Jenkins et al and the Yanks will now have to all their lawyers present - when meeting each other.

Think of a scenario where ex shareholders have to give all their money back to Yanks, relegation and reputations (their family name) tarnished for the rest of their lives. Maybe they will reflect and think were the extra millions worth it?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 08:27 - Nov 2 with 2799 viewscostalotta

As much as we'd all love this to be true can anyone see it as being that way? I mean really.

If this was the case would they have appointed the COO? Or maybe that is a feign? Make everyone feel comfortable but the remit being something completely different. It's obvious isn't it?

Cryptic Costa!
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 08:58 - Nov 2 with 2691 viewsSwansNZ

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 08:12 - Nov 2 by Shonky

So where did this 'rumour' originate?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 8:12]

The top of page 1

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:08 - Nov 2 with 2654 viewsUxbridge

I wouldn't be surprised if they did sue. The sellers warranted something that is demonstrably untrue.

Whether that would be enough to nullify the entire transaction, or whether the americans would want to, is another thing entirely.

Unless there's something else entirely of course.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:08 - Nov 2 with 2650 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 22:31 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

I wonder if there's a reason that Huw kept trying to get the Trust to sign new agreements. Whether certain assurances were given that may not have been entirely accurate.

I think this is a very valid point Dr. If there is any mileage in this then the validity of the original shareholder agreement could be crucial. It would seem to me that if the original agreement is valid then the Americans do not have the full control of their new toy that they envisaged. I am open to correction on this as usual but it seems that if this has indeed hit the fan then it could turn very nasty.
Unfortunately for us it will be just another side show as our decline continues......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:10 - Nov 2 with 2646 viewsmonmouth

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:08 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't be surprised if they did sue. The sellers warranted something that is demonstrably untrue.

Whether that would be enough to nullify the entire transaction, or whether the americans would want to, is another thing entirely.

Unless there's something else entirely of course.

Oh dear what a shame never mind.

He he.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:11 - Nov 2 with 2639 viewsUxbridge

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:10 - Nov 2 by monmouth

Oh dear what a shame never mind.

He he.

I suppose I should point out I have no idea if this is true. If I were in their shoes I would though.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 9:12]

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:22 - Nov 2 with 2587 viewsLord_Bony

Huw & Co are out there as we speak on the mother of all shopping sprees...just in case they have to give it back...just like Brewsters Millions.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:24 - Nov 2 with 2566 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:22 - Nov 2 by Lord_Bony

Huw & Co are out there as we speak on the mother of all shopping sprees...just in case they have to give it back...just like Brewsters Millions.

Is this allowed? You know posting bollox in a serious thread?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:25 - Nov 2 with 2559 viewsLord_Bony

Yep

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:51 - Nov 2 with 2475 viewsMoscowJack

I can see it now.....

The Yanks announce that, due to legal concerns regarding certain aspects of the sale/purchase of the club and the Supporters Trust's uncompromising position involving these issues (despite several attempts to resolve them), any investment in the January window (or future windows) would be inadvisable until such a time that they are convinced that they own what they bought.

It takes all the pressure off the Yanks! All of it!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 9:52]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:15 - Nov 2 with 2308 viewscostalotta

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:51 - Nov 2 by MoscowJack

I can see it now.....

The Yanks announce that, due to legal concerns regarding certain aspects of the sale/purchase of the club and the Supporters Trust's uncompromising position involving these issues (despite several attempts to resolve them), any investment in the January window (or future windows) would be inadvisable until such a time that they are convinced that they own what they bought.

That could be the case going forward.

Everything is not as it seems!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:17]
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:24 - Nov 2 with 2282 viewsUxbridge

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:51 - Nov 2 by MoscowJack

I can see it now.....

Well, I can see a few holes in their argument that could be pointed out.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:28 - Nov 2 with 2261 viewsDafyddHuw

This thread is nonsense. I'm calling shenanigans on the "rumour".
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:32 - Nov 2 with 2250 viewsplasjack

Just heard that a North Korea consortium is thinking of making a bid.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:44 - Nov 2 with 2208 viewsmax936

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:24 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

We seem to be hearing more and rumours which all seem to suggest the infrastructure of the Club is falling apart, there's no communication coming from the club the Team looks totally disjointed the Yanks are getting rid of staff and bringing over their own the clubs very own ethos has been totally dismantled.

All brought about by some people born and bred in Swansea, Jenkins said we can't go on as we are we need to broaden our horizons with outside investment, to read, me and the board need to get the millions in our bank accounts and get the fuk out of dodge ASAP, the c@@ts need to be hounded out of Swansea, pure scum.

What's left is a dysfunctional outfit that doesn't know their arses from their elbows, a manager who is way out of his depth and a team with no leaders and very little quality.

Be interesting to see what the Trust can do to reverse this vertical drop that we are on, I hope this meeting isn't gonna be a damp squib, with the Yanks dictating the way forward, we really need to hear some positivity instead of continual soundbites from all.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:45]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:49 - Nov 2 with 2171 viewsWarwickHunt

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:32 - Nov 2 by plasjack

Hmmm - Kim Il Jenkins?
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:56 - Nov 2 with 2144 viewsblueytheblue

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:32 - Nov 2 by plasjack

Led by the Great Leader's trusted right hand man, Huw Fuk Dup.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 12:26 - Nov 2 with 2034 viewsNookiejack

Yanks legal team must have gone back over all the transaction documentaion since the Trust Statement.

They know very high probability now that Trust is going to launch legal action (although rumour and speculation again is Huw Jenkins before deal said - Trust can easily be managed).

The issue for the Yanks is any legal action means can then not:-

1. Sell their shares if they wanted to flip them - as who will buy from them when legal action is underway. No chance of that now as in relegation zone.
2. Can't leverage the assets as who is going to lend to them - whilst legal action is underway.
3. Going to find it difficult to extract money from club when legal action is underway.

Legal action could also go on for a significant time - with damage to their brand in US. Meanwhile club could go into downward spiral.

So maybe best option is that they launch legal action to unwind deal. The Yanks legal team are surely all over the warranty given by the ex shareholders.

I suppose they could come out and deny all this next weekend (when here for Man U game?) and say they won't be taking legal action sgainst multimillionaires Jenkins, Dineen and Morgan etc as unable to sue under the warranty given by ex shareholders and that no material breaches have occurred under SPA?

Lawyers are going to be very very busy.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 1954 viewsQJumpingJack

I am starting to wish Cullis and Thompson were back involved with our club. Least we knew where we stood with them....
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 12:55 - Nov 2 with 1907 viewsMoscowJack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:24 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

I'm not saying there aren't, Ux. There are probably more than a few holes too.

What will make the local and national headlines though? What will people believe?

Everyone remembers Wathan's exclusive about "investment and next level" but few remember the follow up, even though it was weak.

I'm sort of trying to point out the difficult and precarious situation the Trust is in at the moment. If the Americans sniff a lack of support for the Trust too, they will exploit it even further.

This is just another reason we need to forget about the HC issue and get everyone focused on what the real issues are, before it's too late.

Ps I hope Dai L is going to be there on Sat....we need him!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:13 - Nov 2 with 1858 viewslondonlisa2001

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 11:49 - Nov 2 by WarwickHunt

Hmmm - Kim Il Jenkins?

Well it'll improve the atmosphere if we all have to clap all match!
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:16 - Nov 2 with 1834 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I would take a relegation if it meant it bankrupted Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ and Morgan and the rest.

I don't feel as much anger towards Katzen as everybody knew his business evolves around investing in businesses like ourselves and selling once turned around.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:32 - Nov 2 with 1770 viewsUxbridge

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 12:55 - Nov 2 by MoscowJack

I'm not saying there aren't, Ux. There are probably more than a few holes too.

What will make the local and national headlines though? What will people believe?

Everyone remembers Wathan's exclusive about "investment and next level" but few remember the follow up, even though it was weak.

I'm sort of trying to point out the difficult and precarious situation the Trust is in at the moment. If the Americans sniff a lack of support for the Trust too, they will exploit it even further.

This is just another reason we need to forget about the HC issue and get everyone focused on what the real issues are, before it's too late.

Ps I hope Dai L is going to be there on Sat....we need him!

I'd rather he was there on Sunday

And I completely agree. I think the last address was a step toward the Trust being more proactive in terms of setting the PR agenda, although that took a backwards step after the SD stuff. I think the upcoming discussions will determine how proactive or aggressive the Trust will be going forward.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:34 - Nov 2 with 1756 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:16 - Nov 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would take a relegation if it meant it bankrupted Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ and Morgan and the rest.

I don't feel as much anger towards Katzen as everybody knew his business evolves around investing in businesses like ourselves and selling once turned around.

You're not the only one.

I've always said I'd rather see us play football than stay in the PL. I really don't see the attraction, especially recently.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:42 - Nov 2 with 1737 viewslondonlisa2001

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:34 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

You're not the only one.

I've always said I'd rather see us play football than stay in the PL. I really don't see the attraction, especially recently.

Oh come on Itchy mun.

All over Swansea people are getting excited at the thought of seeing Zlatan play. You know the ones - the ones that will be supporting Man U again the second we go down, despite declaring their love for the swans for, oh, I don't know, 6 years.

Good way to tell the difference between a real Swans fan and a complete plastic is the real fans hope Zlatan pulls a muscle on Saturday and can't play whereas the plastics would be devastated not to see him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024