Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue 22:05 - Nov 1 with 25019 viewsNookiejack

.....ex shareholders to rescind the original deal - on the basis they have been sold a 'pup'. They want their money back. All speculation and rumour but people can understand where this has all come from. I don't know whether this means they will apply to abrogate the acquisition of their shares from multimillionaires Jenkins, Dineen and Morgan etc.

Going to be some difficult conversations ahead when Jenkins meets the Yanks when over for Man U game.

Probably mean Jenkins et al and the Yanks will now have to all their lawyers present - when meeting each other.

Think of a scenario where ex shareholders have to give all their money back to Yanks, relegation and reputations (their family name) tarnished for the rest of their lives. Maybe they will reflect and think were the extra millions worth it?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:50 - Nov 2 with 2296 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:34 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

You're not the only one.

I've always said I'd rather see us play football than stay in the PL. I really don't see the attraction, especially recently.

It's PL at any cost for me. I don't care how it is done as long as it happens. There are wider impications for the whole area if we lose out.
Charlatans and chancers can be ousted later. They usually never stay around for long.
God knows how we can achieve that goal though. ,

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:54 - Nov 2 with 2270 viewsSoberBaker

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:42 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

Oh come on Itchy mun.

All over Swansea people are getting excited at the thought of seeing Zlatan play. You know the ones - the ones that will be supporting Man U again the second we go down, despite declaring their love for the swans for, oh, I don't know, 6 years.

Good way to tell the difference between a real Swans fan and a complete plastic is the real fans hope Zlatan pulls a muscle on Saturday and can't play whereas the plastics would be devastated not to see him.

Well I hope he plays because he's f*cking sh1t.

What does that make me?

(Second thoughts, don't answer that one )

AMOW

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:05 - Nov 2 with 2221 viewslondonlisa2001

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:54 - Nov 2 by SoberBaker

Well I hope he plays because he's f*cking sh1t.

What does that make me?

(Second thoughts, don't answer that one )

Great - he'll score a hat trick now...

But you know exactly what I mean :-)
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:07 - Nov 2 with 2216 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of different permutations to consider, just imagine being back in business with Huw Jenkins et al if the Americans actually had a means of withdrawing from the deal! Some serious bridges burned and no doubt ill feeling on both sides, Trust for the way they have been treated and Huw et al if the riches they hoped to aquire go up in flames!

It is early days, but I am of the view the current squad and the management team isn't good enough and we are on the way to being relegated. If I was Messrs Kaplan and Levein I would now have some real concerns especially if the funding for the deal has come from third parties. Improving the commercial side of the club was probably something they thought could be achieved relatively easily by drawing on their previous experiences in the US, and that coupled with an attractive, reasonably performing mid table premier league team gives them a very attractive product which they could sell on for a profit, but given that the prospect of relegation is very real and the proportion of the clubs income that is generated from TV money increasing revenue will prove difficult. They will have a less attractive product, it will be more difficult to sell the club on for a big profit so to recoup their costs it will be a case of asset stripping and trousering the TV cash. It's not even as though we have the stability and infrastructure in place to ensure we will bounce back up at the first attempt, much bigger clubs than Swansea are in the Championship and have been there for years.

If there is genuine ill feeling between the new owners and the ex owners, it will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

I think the value of the club shares is unlikely to be this high again for some time, if we go down , they may never recover and that must be causing some people some serious angst!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 14:13]
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:27 - Nov 2 with 2136 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 13:50 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

It's PL at any cost for me. I don't care how it is done as long as it happens. There are wider impications for the whole area if we lose out.
Charlatans and chancers can be ousted later. They usually never stay around for long.
God knows how we can achieve that goal though. ,

Of course it's not PL at any cost.

FFS. How can any Swans fan come out with that?!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:29 - Nov 2 with 2125 viewsWhiterockin

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:07 - Nov 2 by majorraglan

Lots of different permutations to consider, just imagine being back in business with Huw Jenkins et al if the Americans actually had a means of withdrawing from the deal! Some serious bridges burned and no doubt ill feeling on both sides, Trust for the way they have been treated and Huw et al if the riches they hoped to aquire go up in flames!

It is early days, but I am of the view the current squad and the management team isn't good enough and we are on the way to being relegated. If I was Messrs Kaplan and Levein I would now have some real concerns especially if the funding for the deal has come from third parties. Improving the commercial side of the club was probably something they thought could be achieved relatively easily by drawing on their previous experiences in the US, and that coupled with an attractive, reasonably performing mid table premier league team gives them a very attractive product which they could sell on for a profit, but given that the prospect of relegation is very real and the proportion of the clubs income that is generated from TV money increasing revenue will prove difficult. They will have a less attractive product, it will be more difficult to sell the club on for a big profit so to recoup their costs it will be a case of asset stripping and trousering the TV cash. It's not even as though we have the stability and infrastructure in place to ensure we will bounce back up at the first attempt, much bigger clubs than Swansea are in the Championship and have been there for years.

If there is genuine ill feeling between the new owners and the ex owners, it will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

I think the value of the club shares is unlikely to be this high again for some time, if we go down , they may never recover and that must be causing some people some serious angst!

How can the Americans asset strip the club without without the trust getting 21%? if the trust got 21% of any asset stripping wouldn't this put them in a strong position to buy the whole club if we were relegated?
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:30 - Nov 2 with 2124 viewshammy

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:07 - Nov 2 by majorraglan

When / if we drop into the Championship the Yanks can always start a victim support group with Mr Tan, the Venkys and a few others ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:41 - Nov 2 with 2075 viewsjack247

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:51 - Nov 2 by MoscowJack

I can see it now.....

The Yanks announce that, due to legal concerns regarding certain aspects of the sale/purchase of the club and the Supporters Trust's uncompromising position involving these issues (despite several attempts to resolve them), any investment in the January window (or future windows) would be inadvisable until such a time that they are convinced that they own what they bought.

It takes all the pressure off the Yanks! All of it!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 9:52]

I'm pretty much out of my depth on subjects like this, so it may be a silly question.

If they come out publicly and say they aren't certain they own what they bought, wouldn't that permanently destroy any credibility they have as businessmen?
Login to get fewer ads

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:48 - Nov 2 with 2039 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:27 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

Of course it's not PL at any cost.

FFS. How can any Swans fan come out with that?!

Well I am a fan and part of 3 generations supporting the club and I said, and I beieve it. At least one other agrees as well
Perhaps I should have added 'legally' as well. Pointless a achieving safety if it is snatched away due to such issues.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:54 - Nov 2 with 2007 viewsGlyn1

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 08:12 - Nov 2 by Shonky

So where did this 'rumour' originate?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 8:12]

Fleetwood Mac?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:11 - Nov 2 with 1969 viewsmax936

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:48 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Well I am a fan and part of 3 generations supporting the club and I said, and I beieve it. At least one other agrees as well
Perhaps I should have added 'legally' as well. Pointless a achieving safety if it is snatched away due to such issues.

We're in the Premier league now and I want to stay here, at any cost is rather stretching it a tad, but surely every team in the 3 other Leagues want to be where we are, so we should do our upmost to stay here otherwise what's the point, shall we just go through the motions and settle for mid-table obscurity in the Championship not for me I'm glad to say, will I still go to watch us, of course I will when it happens and unfortunately we look nailed on at the minute to be playing there next Season and the goal then should be to re-build and get back up here, its a depressing thought though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:13 - Nov 2 with 1956 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:48 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

That's two of you then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:31 - Nov 2 with 1906 viewsmajorraglan

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:29 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

How can the Americans asset strip the club without without the trust getting 21%? if the trust got 21% of any asset stripping wouldn't this put them in a strong position to buy the whole club if we were relegated?

I would like to think the Trust would get its share of any assets sold and dividends paid out, but I wouldn't trust any of them and I am sure there are ways to avoid certain liabilities, maybe London Lisa or some of those better acquainted with financial matters could answer that?
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:46 - Nov 2 with 1852 viewsymaohyd

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 09:51 - Nov 2 by MoscowJack

I can see it now.....

The Yanks announce that, due to legal concerns regarding certain aspects of the sale/purchase of the club and the Supporters Trust's uncompromising position involving these issues (despite several attempts to resolve them), any investment in the January window (or future windows) would be inadvisable until such a time that they are convinced that they own what they bought.

It takes all the pressure off the Yanks! All of it!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 9:52]

The Americans couldn't give a toss about pressure they appear to be in it purely for the money.

If there is any truth in any of this they will look to exploit the opportunity to get the hell out of the whole situation. Contracts signed... null and void, recoup what they can and walk away.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:53 - Nov 2 with 1826 viewslondonlisa2001

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:31 - Nov 2 by majorraglan

I would like to think the Trust would get its share of any assets sold and dividends paid out, but I wouldn't trust any of them and I am sure there are ways to avoid certain liabilities, maybe London Lisa or some of those better acquainted with financial matters could answer that?

The only ways the Americans can extract money from the club while it's in their ownership is dividends, or paying themselves large consultancy fees.

If dividends, the Trust will receive 21%. If large consultancy fees start getting paid, then that strays into the area of the Trust being able to say they are being unfairly prejudiced and would strengthen any legal case against the majority shareholder.

They could also put debt into the club and have high interest rates, but again that creates an unfair prejudice against the Trust if the interest rates are higher than commercially available.

The presence of the Trust means that they either swallow the 21% going to the Trust with dividends, or they try to make their money back by selling up at a profit. That's obviously harder if we are relegated,
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 1819 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:13 - Nov 2 by Darran

That's two of you then.

No flies on you ;-)
Just to clarify....I think our PL status is vital not just for the club but the whole area in as much as it is a massive marketing tool and wealth creator for the region. We have precious little otherwise.
I feel it is a disaster to lose this hence I dont care if we play football so poor it makes a Pulls team look like Brazil. Time wasting, clogging, gamesmanship, bring it on if it keeps us in this league. We can rebuild our reputation after the chancers and sellouts are long gone.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 15:56]

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:58 - Nov 2 with 1798 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:11 - Nov 2 by max936

We're in the Premier league now and I want to stay here, at any cost is rather stretching it a tad, but surely every team in the 3 other Leagues want to be where we are, so we should do our upmost to stay here otherwise what's the point, shall we just go through the motions and settle for mid-table obscurity in the Championship not for me I'm glad to say, will I still go to watch us, of course I will when it happens and unfortunately we look nailed on at the minute to be playing there next Season and the goal then should be to re-build and get back up here, its a depressing thought though.

We might be lucky to reach mid table mediocrity in the Championship over the next few years if we carry on as we are.

History has already repeated itself - nothing to say the cycle can't be completed.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:04 - Nov 2 with 1763 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:54 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

No flies on you ;-)
Just to clarify....I think our PL status is vital not just for the club but the whole area in as much as it is a massive marketing tool and wealth creator for the region. We have precious little otherwise.
I feel it is a disaster to lose this hence I dont care if we play football so poor it makes a Pulls team look like Brazil. Time wasting, clogging, gamesmanship, bring it on if it keeps us in this league. We can rebuild our reputation after the chancers and sellouts are long gone.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 15:56]

The hope of the area should not be pinned on the aspirations of a football club. FFS, flawed doesn't even come close to explaining your reasoning.

Seems history has taught us nothing.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 1753 viewsWhiterockin

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:53 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

The only ways the Americans can extract money from the club while it's in their ownership is dividends, or paying themselves large consultancy fees.

If dividends, the Trust will receive 21%. If large consultancy fees start getting paid, then that strays into the area of the Trust being able to say they are being unfairly prejudiced and would strengthen any legal case against the majority shareholder.

They could also put debt into the club and have high interest rates, but again that creates an unfair prejudice against the Trust if the interest rates are higher than commercially available.

The presence of the Trust means that they either swallow the 21% going to the Trust with dividends, or they try to make their money back by selling up at a profit. That's obviously harder if we are relegated,

So basically my statement/question rings true.

"How can the Americans asset strip the club without without the trust getting 21%? if the trust got 21% of any asset stripping wouldn't this put them in a strong position to buy the whole club if we were relegated?"

No asset stripping and if they try to take money out the trust get 21%. As things stand they are very unlikely to get a return on their investment, so they could be looking at every avenue to get out with minimum loss.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:10 - Nov 2 with 1742 viewsmajorraglan

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 15:53 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

Thank you.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 1717 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:04 - Nov 2 by ItchySphincter

The hope of the area should not be pinned on the aspirations of a football club. FFS, flawed doesn't even come close to explaining your reasoning.

Seems history has taught us nothing.

Like it or not the only two beacons of hope in Swansea are it's university and it's football club. Both bringing worldwide recognition to the region. We have virulally nothing else. Ignored by the media and starved of investment by Welsh Labour.
I would welcome your history lesson as you are a poster of very few words but it would be best on the non football board I guess.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:20 - Nov 2 with 1695 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:16 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Like it or not the only two beacons of hope in Swansea are it's university and it's football club. Both bringing worldwide recognition to the region. We have virulally nothing else. Ignored by the media and starved of investment by Welsh Labour.
I would welcome your history lesson as you are a poster of very few words but it would be best on the non football board I guess.

So how did the City of Swansea cope before 2011 then?

I understand a few hotels might lose a few quid every other week during the season but basically what you're saying saying is bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:28 - Nov 2 with 1662 viewsAnotherJohn

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:16 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Agree with this. I'm surprised that some seem to be saying they will not be overly concerned about relegation. Those of us who saw us drop back down the leagues in the 1980s know how painful it was. I wasn't enthusiastic about the Yank takeover and am not an admirer of those who sold out, but I wouldn't sacrifice our PL place just to spite them.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 16:30]
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:31 - Nov 2 with 1642 viewsTheResurrection

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:28 - Nov 2 by AnotherJohn

Agree with this. I'm surprised that some seem to be saying they will not be overly concerned about relegation. Those of us who saw us drop back down the leagues in the 1980s know how painful it was. I wasn't enthusiastic about the Yank takeover and am not an admirer of those who sold out, but I wouldn't sacrifice our PL place just to spite them.

It's only Teabag/Darran/BigPhilG saying it and he should be ignored as he's a clueless kunt.

FYI.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:34 - Nov 2 with 1634 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:28 - Nov 2 by AnotherJohn

I saw us fall down the leagues last time, it won't be so painful this time - unless of course we go down the 'Premier League at all cost' route.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024