Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berbatov 14:25 - Nov 3 with 19426 viewsJango

Bradley confirms interest
Berbatov on 14:27 - Nov 3 with 6884 viewsCambJack

Not sure he's the answer to our problems. Without the service and the defence shipping goals, a striker is pretty much redundant...unless he's good at defending at corners that is
Berbatov on 14:27 - Nov 3 with 6879 viewslondonlisa2001

Is he a free agent then?
Berbatov on 14:28 - Nov 3 with 6867 viewsmonmouth

Great. Just what we need, a gimmick signing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Berbatov on 14:28 - Nov 3 with 6864 viewsJango

Berbatov on 14:27 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Is he a free agent then?

Yes Lisa
Berbatov on 14:29 - Nov 3 with 6853 viewsMurph75

Berbatov on 14:27 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Is he a free agent then?

Not sure what a 35 year old forward is going to bring to a team that can't control midfield, create chances or defend.

I suppose he's an upgrade on David Ngog.
Berbatov on 14:29 - Nov 3 with 6849 viewsacejack3065

Jesus wept! When you think it couldn't get worse.
Berbatov on 14:31 - Nov 3 with 6826 viewsJango

If Bradley wants to go 2 up top and feels mcburnie is not up to it then this wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe the club feel we desperately need experience in the squad and the free market is all we've got at the moment
Berbatov on 14:33 - Nov 3 with 6810 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 14:29 - Nov 3 by acejack3065

Jesus wept! When you think it couldn't get worse.

No idea what state of fitness he would be at given he has to be in his mid thirties isn't he?

Having said that, it's not like he ever relied on pace, and to be frank, I'd prefer to see him come off the bench than anyone we have at present. At least there'd be a chance of him changing a game and we have zero creativity.

Although it shows how far we've sunk that my instant reaction isn't one of utter horror.
Login to get fewer ads

Berbatov on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 6733 viewsLegend83

Strange choice given Llorente plays a similar role.

Surely critical shoring up is required at full back and wing?!
Berbatov on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 6729 viewsDarran

Six month contract as long as wages were reasonable is a no brainer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Berbatov on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 6733 viewsJango

Berbatov on 14:33 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

No idea what state of fitness he would be at given he has to be in his mid thirties isn't he?

Having said that, it's not like he ever relied on pace, and to be frank, I'd prefer to see him come off the bench than anyone we have at present. At least there'd be a chance of him changing a game and we have zero creativity.

Although it shows how far we've sunk that my instant reaction isn't one of utter horror.

Completely agree with this. When we were chasing a draw against arsenal and ended up bringing Rangel on for barrow it showed how bad the current sutuation is. At least he's got something to offer I suppose
Berbatov on 14:45 - Nov 3 with 6704 viewsSmellyplumz

Just shows how clueless bob is, gasgoine is a free agent sign him up while your at it Bob.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Berbatov on 14:46 - Nov 3 with 6700 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 14:42 - Nov 3 by Jango

Completely agree with this. When we were chasing a draw against arsenal and ended up bringing Rangel on for barrow it showed how bad the current sutuation is. At least he's got something to offer I suppose

He could theoretically play in the position Rooney has done for Man U in recent times.

Always struck me as a very technically good player, albeit he's not exactly known for his fighting spirit.
Berbatov on 14:46 - Nov 3 with 6700 viewsLegend83

Berbatov on 14:42 - Nov 3 by Jango

How would signing Berbatov help us in that situation?

I hope this ain't true because our problems are not with our strikers. I'd rather we spend any money we have on someone who can bring a bit of spark or magic to the middle / wing of the park.

Berbatov will do nothing more than Borja / Llorente while Siggy is out of sorts and Barrow continues to fall over rather than cross.

And before anyone says Berbatov could play the number 10 or come on for Siggy, can you imagine his work rate being anywhere good enough?

Another luxury we could do without IMO.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 14:47]
Berbatov on 14:52 - Nov 3 with 6652 viewsLegend83

Berbatov on 14:46 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

He could theoretically play in the position Rooney has done for Man U in recent times.

Always struck me as a very technically good player, albeit he's not exactly known for his fighting spirit.

Rooney has unbelievable work-rate though (despite being a bit rotund and losing a yard of pace) and quality midfielders around him that can make up for his positional and defensive indiscipline in that role.

Berbatov is incredibly skill-full but gets a 1/10 for work-ethic and team-play.

Would be a mental signing...so it's definitely going to happen.
Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 with 6603 viewsairedale

Don't know about how much effectiveness he would have, but the entertainment value on a matchday would increase significantly imo.
Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 with 6603 viewsOldjack

Berbatov one of the laziest players you're ever likely to come across ,admittedly he sometimes does a defense splitting pass but then just stands back to admire it
it's a no no nooooooooooo

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 with 6599 viewsDr_Winston

Further proof that our player acquisition dept hasn't got a f*cking clue what it's doing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 with 6599 viewsJango

Berbatov on 14:46 - Nov 3 by Legend83

How would signing Berbatov help us in that situation?

I hope this ain't true because our problems are not with our strikers. I'd rather we spend any money we have on someone who can bring a bit of spark or magic to the middle / wing of the park.

Berbatov will do nothing more than Borja / Llorente while Siggy is out of sorts and Barrow continues to fall over rather than cross.

And before anyone says Berbatov could play the number 10 or come on for Siggy, can you imagine his work rate being anywhere good enough?

Another luxury we could do without IMO.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 14:47]

It would help us if Bradley wants to play with 2 strikers. Are you saying that bringing a player like berbatov on for llorente after 60/70 minutes would be worse than what we currently have? Come on mate, it is what it is. We are desperately in need of something to kick start us. Gerrard becomes a free transfer at the weekend, I'd take him as well at the moment on a deal to the end of season, we've got nothing to lose
Berbatov on 15:03 - Nov 3 with 6569 viewswaynekerr55

Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Further proof that our player acquisition dept hasn't got a f*cking clue what it's doing.

Did we need anymore proof.

Beyond reasonable doubt is the underf*cking statement of the millenium.

Why can't that Pinocchio - nosed c*nt just f*ck off?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Berbatov on 15:04 - Nov 3 with 6550 viewsLoyal

Final nail if he signs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Berbatov on 15:05 - Nov 3 with 6548 viewsJango

Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

I can't see the issue to be honest. Come January we can't really afford be signing strikers on long term deals when we've already got 2 decent strikers and other positions are more important. To get him on a free until end of season can only be a positive seems as we've got nobody else.
Berbatov on 15:05 - Nov 3 with 6544 viewsLegend83

Berbatov on 15:00 - Nov 3 by Jango

It would help us if Bradley wants to play with 2 strikers. Are you saying that bringing a player like berbatov on for llorente after 60/70 minutes would be worse than what we currently have? Come on mate, it is what it is. We are desperately in need of something to kick start us. Gerrard becomes a free transfer at the weekend, I'd take him as well at the moment on a deal to the end of season, we've got nothing to lose

In that isolated example I don't disagree, but that assumes the rest of the team has sufficient quality.

Signing Berbatov must be lower down the list than:

a) strengthening our FB depth
b) going back to your earlier example, signing some additional quality on the wing so we don't have to bring Rangel on for Barrow (or anybody for that matter!)

Dan James and Connor Roberts / Tyler Reid etc. might have a lot of promise but we can't hope the kids come good at this level to bail us out of a relegation dog fight.

Edited to address your last point - if we throw (probably not inconsiderable) wages at Berbatov that reduces the budget for the other areas that are much higher priority.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 15:07]
Berbatov on 15:06 - Nov 3 with 6535 viewstomdickharry

Just shows how far this great football club has sunk when it appears our Manager is interested in signing (if true) a player who's best days are in the dim and distant past. No thanks.
Berbatov on 15:06 - Nov 3 with 6531 viewsPegojack

I hope this is someone's idea of an early April Fool's joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024