Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A straw to clutch at? 16:09 - Nov 8 with 2829 viewssomersetsimon

Apparently our fixtures have been much harder than anyone else's, so really we should be 16th.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/08/premier-league-table-liver
A straw to clutch at? on 16:24 - Nov 8 with 2788 viewsPegojack

Well, there's a bit of truth in that.

I have a system which I run every season to see how we're really doing, taking fixtures into account.
I work on the basis that we should get no points home or away against Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea.
One point home and one away at Spurs and Everton.
Three points home and one away against the twelve other teams.

If we do that, we end up with 52 points. This system has been pretty accurate over the past few seasons.

At the moment, we are at minus 5 on that system, so heading for a final total of 47 points, which of course we'd all snap your hand off for, if offered now.

The only trouble is, the system doesn't take account of a bunch of largely second rate and unmotivated players, and a manager who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 16:26]
A straw to clutch at? on 16:41 - Nov 8 with 2725 viewsGlyn1

Thanks for that: there are straws everywhere:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/182322/our-rivals-next-f

Despite the argument that a lot of our players are supposed to be too old, too inexperienced or simply not good enough, I look at the squads for Middlesbrough, Burnley, Hull and truly don't believe that we're inferior to them.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 16:42]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A straw to clutch at? on 16:46 - Nov 8 with 2705 viewsFlashberryjack

A straw to clutch at? on 16:41 - Nov 8 by Glyn1

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/182322/our-rivals-next-f

Despite the argument that a lot of our players are supposed to be too old, too inexperienced or simply not good enough, I look at the squads for Middlesbrough, Burnley, Hull and truly don't believe that we're inferior to them.

We are.......believe me, we are.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A straw to clutch at? on 16:53 - Nov 8 with 2676 viewsJoe_bradshaw

A straw to clutch at? on 16:41 - Nov 8 by Glyn1

Supposing our squad was equally as good as those clubs it then comes down to management of those squads.

That's why we're screwed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

A straw to clutch at? on 16:53 - Nov 8 with 2675 viewscrix

A straw to clutch at? on 16:46 - Nov 8 by Flashberryjack

i don't agree. ok we arnt far away that is for sure, but if we had a decent manager who could get the players to perform, you know someone like err let me think guidolin, then we might actually start winning.
A straw to clutch at? on 17:30 - Nov 8 with 2581 viewsFlashberryjack

A straw to clutch at? on 16:53 - Nov 8 by crix

i don't agree. ok we arnt far away that is for sure, but if we had a decent manager who could get the players to perform, you know someone like err let me think guidolin, then we might actually start winning.

The players weren't exactly ripping up the turf for Guidolin either.

I'd probably agree that player for player, we're on a par with Burnley , Hull and Sunderland.
But when it comes to heart, want and determination, we're miles apart at the moment.

Hello

A straw to clutch at? on 17:32 - Nov 8 with 2573 viewsjohnlangy

A straw to clutch at? on 16:46 - Nov 8 by Flashberryjack

I agree with Glyn.
A straw to clutch at? on 17:35 - Nov 8 with 2559 viewsFlashberryjack

A straw to clutch at? on 17:32 - Nov 8 by johnlangy

I agree with Glyn.

Glyn will be thrilled.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

A straw to clutch at? on 17:46 - Nov 8 with 2547 viewsGlyn1

A straw to clutch at? on 17:35 - Nov 8 by Flashberryjack

Glyn will be thrilled.

Which is why I've given it an up vote

A straw to clutch at? on 18:45 - Nov 8 with 2456 viewsShonky

"So Swansea’s plight, marooned as they are in 19th place in the table, appears less dreadful with the knowledge that they have had by a distance the most difficult opening 11 games of all top-flight teams. They have already played eight of the top 10, including all the top four, while West Brom have played only four top-half sides, three of them at home."
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 18:48]

Its just a ride...

A straw to clutch at? on 18:58 - Nov 8 with 2392 viewsmonmouth

Aye, if only we hadn't been such crap in most games so can't even beat Hull or Watford at home. Oh, and some of the top ten teams are probably only there because they've played us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A straw to clutch at? on 20:57 - Nov 8 with 2256 viewsGlyn1

A straw to clutch at? on 18:58 - Nov 8 by monmouth

Aye, if only we hadn't been such crap in most games so can't even beat Hull or Watford at home. Oh, and some of the top ten teams are probably only there because they've played us.

" Oh, and some of the top ten teams are probably only there because they've played us." A good joke but not true, unless you mean losing away to Southampton (which is what we normally do anyway).

A straw to clutch at? on 21:13 - Nov 8 with 2203 viewsdameedna

I agree with Glyn
Giddyup
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024