Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. 11:55 - Nov 11 with 4946 viewsWingstandwood

Neil Ashton's opinion that is hardly complimentary.

Quote:

Huw’s Up Swanee (Title)

Huw Jenkins knew the score when he flogged 68 per cent of the shares in Swansea City to American investors in July. “You greedy bastard, get out of our club” was the chant ringing around the Liberty when they went 3-0 down to Manchester United last Sunday.

Most people would cut and run. But Jenkins took on an advisory role with the new owners to keep up appearances.
Little wonder he looks so uncomfortable, fidgeting in his seat in the directors’ box.

The Swans look bored of life in the Premier League, running out of ideas after five years in the top flight. The players have lost their motivation. Sadly for the fading Swans the same can be said for Jenkins.

Argus!

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 12:35 - Nov 11 with 3787 viewsLeonWasGod

Bang on. Said the same in the summer. The big tests with Huwey staying on were always going to be whether:

(a) the American's would let him have his way. Looks like that test has been failed as they brought in Bob instead of Giggs.

(b) he would still have the motivation having cashed in the majority of his stake. Yet to be answered fully, but if the Americans keep overruling him surely it's only a matter of time before he thinks 'buggar this, I'm outta here'. Even more so if he starts getting grief from us fans.
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 12:45 - Nov 11 with 3733 viewsmax936

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 12:35 - Nov 11 by LeonWasGod

Bang on. Said the same in the summer. The big tests with Huwey staying on were always going to be whether:

(a) the American's would let him have his way. Looks like that test has been failed as they brought in Bob instead of Giggs.

(b) he would still have the motivation having cashed in the majority of his stake. Yet to be answered fully, but if the Americans keep overruling him surely it's only a matter of time before he thinks 'buggar this, I'm outta here'. Even more so if he starts getting grief from us fans.

Jenkins deserves every bit of grief that has come his way and any future grief he receives he's brought it on himself the idiot is an egotistical maniac.

Lets hope it sours the taste of his Prosecco.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:01 - Nov 11 with 3651 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 12:45 - Nov 11 by max936

Jenkins deserves every bit of grief that has come his way and any future grief he receives he's brought it on himself the idiot is an egotistical maniac.

That Pinocchio - nosed c*nt probably still drinks cans of Carling. The tight, classless waste of seminal fluid that he is.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:03 - Nov 11 with 3639 viewsWingstandwood

The revered and legendary status that once placed him upon the highest of pedestals has been completely replaced by the complete and utter opposite! From pedestal to crawling in his own filth in the gutter.

Quite a shocking fall from grace. Not only him, add Morgan, Dineen and Van Zweden also. Their days of lording it up in the directors box and living on past reputation are over. They sit in the directors box now knowing that they are surrounded from all sides i.e. North, South, East and West by thousands that hate them!

Argus!

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:03 - Nov 11 with 3637 viewsVetchitBack

"The Swans look bored of life in the Premier League"

Interesting point

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:33 - Nov 11 with 3495 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Seems the fans' narrative is gaining traction. Will the new majority shareholders still keep the Trust at arms length? Tick, tock.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:46 - Nov 11 with 3446 viewsSmellyplumz

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:03 - Nov 11 by VetchitBack

"The Swans look bored of life in the Premier League"

Interesting point

They look bored with playing football full stop.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:53 - Nov 11 with 3398 viewsSwanjaxs

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:01 - Nov 11 by waynekerr55

That Pinocchio - nosed c*nt probably still drinks cans of Carling. The tight, classless waste of seminal fluid that he is.

Funnily enough I spotted him coming out of Tesco express in Sketty a while back clutching a big full of cans of Carling! A 5p bag too not a bag for life!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:54 - Nov 11 with 3373 viewsairedale

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 13:53 - Nov 11 by Swanjaxs

Funnily enough I spotted him coming out of Tesco express in Sketty a while back clutching a big full of cans of Carling! A 5p bag too not a bag for life!!!

They're for self defence in the Palace game. He's building up an Arsenal.
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:02 - Nov 11 with 3329 viewsJackUlation

The sooner he buggers of to Marbella the better, and take that other knob with him.

The club will be better off if they disappear.

Screw Jenkins.
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 3266 viewsperchrockjack

Plenty of our fans seem bored too, too intimidated by big clubs and grounds.

Sadly it's Small town mentality and it's caught us out.

Jenkins ,bless him, has seen the pot of gold and like many of his ilk, lose sight of whom they are.

Too many felt we do not belong with the big boys.

Sadness itself

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:18 - Nov 11 with 3253 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:16 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

Jenkins ,bless him, has seen the pot of gold and like many of his ilk, lose sight of whom they are.

Sadness itself

Another dig at Swansea.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:22 - Nov 11 with 3229 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:18 - Nov 11 by Darran

Another dig at Swansea.

I guess when you move to a border town that is famously anti-Welsh you eventually absorb the poison of those around you to such an extent that eventually they become "your" views.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 14:22]

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:22 - Nov 11 with 3224 views3swan

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:16 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

Sadness itself

"Plenty of our fans seem bored too, too intimidated by big clubs and grounds. "

I think the opposite as many fans think that we can easily be their equals.

My thoughts are that since being in this division I have seen very few players that show we can't make a go of it at this level.

We've lost our way the last couple of years but that was because of off field issues. If those eyes had been kept on the right issues we would still be a comfortable mid table team
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:23 - Nov 11 with 3210 viewsperchrockjack

You re not a Swansea man.

It's true though.

We ve had countless of threads clearly stating they preferred Rochdale Cambridge and Boston.

Facts are facts.

Uncomfortable .

As you re in cock mode and lifey will soon be up I ll bid you good day . I shall be looking for JVZ tomorrow and will pass on your comments

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:24 - Nov 11 with 3204 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:22 - Nov 11 by NeiltheTaylor

I guess when you move to a border town that is famously anti-Welsh you eventually absorb the poison of those around you to such an extent that eventually they become "your" views.

Couldn't agree more.

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:27 - Nov 11 with 3183 viewsperchrockjack

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:29 - Nov 11 with 3171 viewsAl_Bundy

The reality is to progress at this level you need sound investment in a playing squad and a reality check on current players. None of this has been followed and the "survive on the cheap" has caught up with us. Many on here have quoted the quality in comparison to previous seasons squads and we reached the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and management.

We won't stay up this season mainly based on the fact we struggle to defend and can't keep clean sheets. We also don't have a settled midfield and no consistent goal scorer with a manager hell bent in playing a style obviously not suited to players in the squad.

The outcome will be next season is the players taking us down a division will become the main stay . The quality like Siggy , Fabianski and probably the forwards will be off too. Long winter ahead.
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:29 - Nov 11 with 3166 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:24 - Nov 11 by Darran

Couldn't agree more.

Imagine having so little self respect that you allow that to happen?

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:31 - Nov 11 with 3160 views3swan

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:29 - Nov 11 by Al_Bundy

The reality is to progress at this level you need sound investment in a playing squad and a reality check on current players. None of this has been followed and the "survive on the cheap" has caught up with us. Many on here have quoted the quality in comparison to previous seasons squads and we reached the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and management.

We won't stay up this season mainly based on the fact we struggle to defend and can't keep clean sheets. We also don't have a settled midfield and no consistent goal scorer with a manager hell bent in playing a style obviously not suited to players in the squad.

The outcome will be next season is the players taking us down a division will become the main stay . The quality like Siggy , Fabianski and probably the forwards will be off too. Long winter ahead.

At least I can see you again at Northampton and all those other places........................ and Wembley
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:31 - Nov 11 with 3148 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:29 - Nov 11 by NeiltheTaylor

Imagine having so little self respect that you allow that to happen?

Absolutely and it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't everyday.

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:33 - Nov 11 with 3142 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:22 - Nov 11 by NeiltheTaylor

Sort of... but the opposite is also very true.
Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 16:00 - Nov 11 with 2879 viewsmonmouth

Generally the teams that go down have the worst goal difference. That was what I thought was our saving grace last year when we were in trouble and I always thought we'd survive.

This year.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 16:24 - Nov 11 with 2770 viewscentrestandswan

When we play the "big boys" this season we play them like a lesser club playing a Prem' side in the cup. The first few seasons we worked and got the respect of those clubs but now it is as if Swansea are there for the taking so fill your boots boys.

Very sad to see a club that promised so much being dragged into a relegation fight that our players seem to have no heart for or appetite . We need the Everton "dogs of war" attitude now but we seem to play more like a bunch of pussies. If poor results in the next two games all hell will break loose.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 16:29 - Nov 11 with 2742 viewsAl_Bundy

Huw Jenkins? Opinion In The Sun Today. on 14:31 - Nov 11 by 3swan

At least I can see you again at Northampton and all those other places........................ and Wembley

To be honest , although we've had some great days out in the Prem and Europe. Some of the best away day experiences haven't been in this league so one consolation is if we get relegated is we might have those great days out again.

Doncaster away on a Friday night - was up there with the best !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024