Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Sheehan 22:19 - Nov 15 with 5035 viewsadamswan

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Josh appears to be playing really well for Newport, another brace tonight; Can't help but feel an injection of young, and importantly local enthusiasm might be just what we need. I'm sure there'll be those saying Newport is no measure against premier league, but, can we honestly say he doesn't deserve a chance based on some recent form of the first team. Recall in Jan?
Josh Sheehan on 22:21 - Nov 15 with 4230 viewsSwansNZ

Local? Pretty sure he's not American

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Josh Sheehan on 22:24 - Nov 15 with 4202 viewsAl_Bundy

We need quality to improve the squad to play at this level.

Not a youngster who playing well for Newport !!
Josh Sheehan on 22:25 - Nov 15 with 4192 viewsKilkennyjack

Best local prospect since Ben.

Better than Grimes who is same age and cost us £1.7m.
Next season in the Championship, then why not ?

Unfortunately our 8 Scottish players are taking up shirts in front of any local lads. There i said it. What the feck is going on ?

Beware of the Risen People

Josh Sheehan on 22:26 - Nov 15 with 4181 viewsmax936

I was told just after Grimes came here that Sheehan was a far better player, yet he lost his place in the u21's to Grimes, Grimes continues to do feckall, so what I was told is proving to be true, get him back he couldn't do any worse than what's in the first team currently get Emnes back to at least he tried to make things happen when he was on the field, even though he's limited, things are that desperate we've got to try somin, because there'll be very little coming in, in January or any quality, look at our manager and new coach for examples a and b.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Josh Sheehan on 22:28 - Nov 15 with 4175 viewsadamswan

Josh Sheehan on 22:24 - Nov 15 by Al_Bundy

We need quality to improve the squad to play at this level.

Not a youngster who playing well for Newport !!

I'm not suggesting he starts every game, I'm suggesting he gets a chance. I don't know where you think this quality is going to come from, i'm really sorry to sound pessimistic, but if we are in this position in January, how many truly established quality players are going to take the risk?
Josh Sheehan on 22:33 - Nov 15 with 4135 viewsDarran

If people think Sheehan is the answer to our Premier League woes we might as well pack it in now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Josh Sheehan on 22:33 - Nov 15 with 4137 viewsSwansNZ

We had a youngster on the bench last game, and Bob decided to put Cork on for the last few minutes, to protect our 2 goal deficit.

Josh Sheehan on 22:34 - Nov 15 with 4122 viewsadamswan

Yes, because I suggested we will only stay up if we bring back Josh Sheehan. Get a grip
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Sheehan on 22:34 - Nov 15 with 4122 viewsSwansNZ

Josh Sheehan on 22:33 - Nov 15 by Darran

If people think Sheehan is the answer to our Premier League woes we might as well pack it in now.

Fecking right... Dyer is our answer, and maybe Barton, Berbatov and a few US goalkeepers.

Josh Sheehan on 22:38 - Nov 15 with 4086 viewsmax936

Josh Sheehan on 22:33 - Nov 15 by Darran

Things are getting that desperate I'm willing to consider/try anything, tbh.

Our first team midfield is a shambles, when you've got Charlie Adams controlling the game from midfield one week and 6 days later Carrick doing the same and he was playing centre fecking half supposedly, but we were that fuking pathetic he played the best part of the game in midfield.

Josh Sheehan on 23:16 - Nov 15 with 3994 viewsSgorioFruit

It worked for Ben Davies
We gave him a shot when we were desperate for cover.
I say we start McBurnie upfront against Palace

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

N/A. on 23:16 - Nov 15 with 3994 viewsHuw57

Josh Sheehan on 22:38 - Nov 15 by max936

Things are getting that desperate I'm willing to consider/try anything, tbh.

Our first team midfield is a shambles, when you've got Charlie Adams controlling the game from midfield one week and 6 days later Carrick doing the same and he was playing centre fecking half supposedly, but we were that fuking pathetic he played the best part of the game in midfield.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:54]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Josh Sheehan on 08:40 - Nov 16 with 3803 viewswaynekerr55

Young players should be playing proper competitive football, not dog shit Welsh Prem or dogshit under 23 football.

Yet I know for a FACT that Gonzo interferes in deciding whether or not young players go on loan. Another thing that prick should be nowhere near, yet for some reason he gets to stick his beak (no pun intended) in.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Josh Sheehan on 08:58 - Nov 16 with 3768 viewsWarwickHunt

Josh Sheehan on 08:40 - Nov 16 by waynekerr55

Young players should be playing proper competitive football, not dog shit Welsh Prem or dogshit under 23 football.

Yet I know for a FACT that Gonzo interferes in deciding whether or not young players go on loan. Another thing that prick should be nowhere near, yet for some reason he gets to stick his beak (no pun intended) in.

Who appointed the fûcking egomaniac as DoF?

Oh, hang on...
Josh Sheehan on 09:33 - Nov 16 with 3700 viewsjasper_T

Needs to stay where he is playing regular senior League football.
Josh Sheehan on 13:41 - Nov 16 with 3520 viewsymaohyd

A few decent youngsters had their careers ruined during our second season in the old first division when they were played due to our financial plight, I wouldn't want to go down that road again.

The structure of the club in terms of the 1st team is completely fu cked.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong... possibly about Laudrup being sacked (thought it was right at the time), Monk being given the job (at the time it worked, the players played for him, whether it was his fault or Huw Jenkins, however recruitment, style, went out of the window, even though league position looked good) possibly Guidolin going, certainly Bradley being given the job.

When Laudrup was sacked HJ came out with a very apt statement along the lines of 'we need to rediscover our identity', well that is very true now.

Everything about the club at the moment is wrong, the ownership, manager, recruitment you name it. We have gone from a model club to the basket case we have been for most of our history.

At the very least I would get rid of Bradley and put Curtis in charge until the end of the season. There would be no pressure on him as we are going down. Perhaps leave it until January when we will be cast adrift Derby style, as in my opinion that is where we are headed.

I can't the see owners having the where with all to bring in an Allardyce, so at least have a blank canvas for next season with Curt.

My favourite moment of the past 18 months was the win against Norwich and the crowd chanting 'He's one of our own', re Curtis.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Josh Sheehan on 13:58 - Nov 16 with 3493 viewsperchrockjack

Bottom line is to not look back and find a way forward.

We are utterly in the hands of the owners .

Seems the Trust is pretty irrelevant now but it ll be there if things truly go titsup

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Josh Sheehan on 14:20 - Nov 16 with 3471 viewsClinton

Josh Sheehan on 13:41 - Nov 16 by ymaohyd

A few decent youngsters had their careers ruined during our second season in the old first division when they were played due to our financial plight, I wouldn't want to go down that road again.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong... possibly about Laudrup being sacked (thought it was right at the time), Monk being given the job (at the time it worked, the players played for him, whether it was his fault or Huw Jenkins, however recruitment, style, went out of the window, even though league position looked good) possibly Guidolin going, certainly Bradley being given the job.

When Laudrup was sacked HJ came out with a very apt statement along the lines of 'we need to rediscover our identity', well that is very true now.

Everything about the club at the moment is wrong, the ownership, manager, recruitment you name it. We have gone from a model club to the basket case we have been for most of our history.

At the very least I would get rid of Bradley and put Curtis in charge until the end of the season. There would be no pressure on him as we are going down. Perhaps leave it until January when we will be cast adrift Derby style, as in my opinion that is where we are headed.

I can't the see owners having the where with all to bring in an Allardyce, so at least have a blank canvas for next season with Curt.

My favourite moment of the past 18 months was the win against Norwich and the crowd chanting 'He's one of our own', re Curtis.

We were playing some pretty poor stuff before Laudrup was sacked. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater didnt help. By that I mean the abrupt departure of the Spanish players at the end of that season.

Curtis isnt the answer. Id bring in a youngish manager who likes a positive passing game and let him loose with the 'blank canvas'.
Shame is, I cant name a candidate at the moment.

All this talk of Bielsa and other top managers seems rather distant now. Perhaps it was always a bit foolish?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Josh Sheehan on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 3436 viewsymaohyd

Josh Sheehan on 14:20 - Nov 16 by Clinton

We were playing some pretty poor stuff before Laudrup was sacked. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater didnt help. By that I mean the abrupt departure of the Spanish players at the end of that season.

Curtis isnt the answer. Id bring in a youngish manager who likes a positive passing game and let him loose with the 'blank canvas'.
Shame is, I cant name a candidate at the moment.

All this talk of Bielsa and other top managers seems rather distant now. Perhaps it was always a bit foolish?

I'm not saying Curtis is the answer long term.

Why let a young manager oversee relegation?

If and when we are relegated we can go down the route of getting in a hardened Championship manager or a young 'left field' option.

Many suggested before Graham Potter manager of Ostersunds in Sweden. He has done remarkable job with a small club.

Josh Sheehan on 14:52 - Nov 16 with 3416 viewsmax936

Josh Sheehan on 13:41 - Nov 16 by ymaohyd

I think despite any fan pressure etc,etc I really think the Yanks will stick with Bradley whatever happens, they'll also bring more American personel in as well players, admin etc.
that's my feelings at the moment.

Josh Sheehan on 15:09 - Nov 16 with 3385 views34dfgdf54

Josh Sheehan on 14:52 - Nov 16 by max936

I think despite any fan pressure etc,etc I really think the Yanks will stick with Bradley whatever happens, they'll also bring more American personel in as well players, admin etc.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm concerned about League 1, never mind the Championship.
Josh Sheehan on 15:54 - Nov 16 with 3333 viewskarnataka

I said it in another thread that Bradley wasn't appointed for football reasons so he probably won't be sacked for football reasons either.
Josh Sheehan on 16:50 - Nov 16 with 3283 viewsunion_jack

And you will be right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Josh Sheehan on 16:56 - Nov 16 with 3267 viewsjack247

If he was Ben Davies quality in his own position, he would have played for us by now and wouldn't be at Newport. People seem to seriously think youth players deserve a chance just because Ben was good enough.

We are in a relegation battle. We need to buy experienced midfielders in January, not recall ones that are doing well for Newport.
Josh Sheehan on 16:57 - Nov 16 with 3264 viewsymaohyd

They may stick with him now, possibly until the end of the season and beyond.

If the status quo remains, I will be amazed if we are not down mathematically by March.

At that point a whole new set of criteria comes into play when it comes to making decisions.

At the moment the only person I think who could make a difference, who is presently employed at the club is Curt.

The players will play for him, that could make a huge difference.

Bob may be running a more disciplined set up behind the scenes however it is clear so far that the players aren't responding to him and tactically he doesn't know his best formation, team etc etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024