Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered 10:46 - Nov 17 with 3156 viewsNookiejack

It suggests players are trying

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/17/is-running-worth-it-how-the-furth
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 10:48 - Nov 17 with 3150 viewsOldjack

It's amazing how far headless chickens can run

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 11:21 - Nov 17 with 3109 viewsbuilthjack

2 or 3 must be doing a huge amount of running, because the rest hardly move.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 11:45 - Nov 17 with 3079 viewsjack247

They certainly put the effort in and covered a lot of distance in the Man City and Liverpool games. I would have thought it dropped off dramatically in the last two games, stats will probably prove me wrong though
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 11:58 - Nov 17 with 3058 viewswaynekerr55

Scott Parker used to run around loads too...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 12:45 - Nov 17 with 3006 viewsswancity

It proves nothing. And as with any sets of stats you can make them say what you would like to see them portray.

A team chasing shadows for 90 mins will do a lot of running. A team at the bottom of the table can do the most running. It means nothing.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 13:40 - Nov 17 with 2940 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 12:45 - Nov 17 by swancity

It proves nothing. And as with any sets of stats you can make them say what you would like to see them portray.

A team chasing shadows for 90 mins will do a lot of running. A team at the bottom of the table can do the most running. It means nothing.

Yes it does, it means they are doing a lot of running, which does take effort.
Whereas most Fans say they are not putting in any effort, which is patently wrong.
It is where the effort is applied that is our problem especially in our worst games.
ie not tackling and not closing opposition players down.
For most of the first half against Man U the majority of our players were moving backwards, instead of forwards.
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 15:18 - Nov 17 with 2890 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd imagine much of that is from Cork who spends most of the game sprinting towards our goal after opposition players walk past him.

It certainly doesn't come from Taylor and Naughton who walk to the halfway line each attack and then stop. I don't recall seeing either of them overlap their winger once this season.

They pass to the winger and expect them to do something against two or three defenders. A simple overlapping run would give Barrow or Routledge far more options. It's lazy and they should be fined and dropped.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 15:23 - Nov 17 with 2882 viewsswancity

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 13:40 - Nov 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes it does, it means they are doing a lot of running, which does take effort.
Whereas most Fans say they are not putting in any effort, which is patently wrong.
It is where the effort is applied that is our problem especially in our worst games.
ie not tackling and not closing opposition players down.
For most of the first half against Man U the majority of our players were moving backwards, instead of forwards.

The players can run without putting effort in. That sounds contradictory but they can go thru the motions if they want to. Chasing shadows without real intensity. It's absolutely meaningless.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 15:25 - Nov 17 with 2879 viewsoldcob

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 15:18 - Nov 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd imagine much of that is from Cork who spends most of the game sprinting towards our goal after opposition players walk past him.

It certainly doesn't come from Taylor and Naughton who walk to the halfway line each attack and then stop. I don't recall seeing either of them overlap their winger once this season.

They pass to the winger and expect them to do something against two or three defenders. A simple overlapping run would give Barrow or Routledge far more options. It's lazy and they should be fined and dropped.

I'm from an age where if a full back entered the opponents half he'd have a nose bleed, and a winger helping back defending, equally rare. I know the game has changed considerably since then, but at least we had defenders defending and wingers attacking, not making a mess of each others jobs.
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 08:52 - Nov 18 with 2763 viewscrix

i think that 8th place is down to our pre bob days. chances are wed be higher up that table and the table that matters if we had of stuck with fg.
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 09:52 - Nov 18 with 2739 viewsjack247

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 08:52 - Nov 18 by crix

i think that 8th place is down to our pre bob days. chances are wed be higher up that table and the table that matters if we had of stuck with fg.

Absolutely
Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 12:26 - Nov 18 with 2696 viewsWxmJax

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 08:52 - Nov 18 by crix

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 12:33 - Nov 18 with 2686 viewsHighjack

It's probably because our players are so slow they have to start sprinting before the opposition player even breaks into a jog just to keep up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 12:46 - Nov 18 with 2673 viewsKGriz16

Swans are 8th in the PL table for most distance covered on 15:25 - Nov 17 by oldcob

I'm from an age where if a full back entered the opponents half he'd have a nose bleed, and a winger helping back defending, equally rare. I know the game has changed considerably since then, but at least we had defenders defending and wingers attacking, not making a mess of each others jobs.

You must be familiar with Neil Taylor then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024