Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. 17:00 - Nov 19 with 5501 viewsTheResurrection

It's probably our only hope and we need to get a siege mentality and now is the time.

A truly spirited performance and Bradley was nearly in tears at the end. We played the Swansea way first half and it's been long missed, maybe Williams has had some affect, but Bradley's emotion should be enough for us to rally around him for now.

COME ON THE JACKS WE CAN DO THIS!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:20 - Nov 19 with 1740 viewsAngelRangelQS

I don't rate Bradley at all but we've got no choice in the matter do we?

All we can hope is that we can pick up another 9/10 points over the next 5/6 weeks to at least give us a chance of staying up.

3 points next Saturday will be a great springboard for us.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:22 - Nov 19 with 1720 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:15 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but today has proved how ineffective our strikers have been.

Bradley gave us a chance to protect the ball better and play more cohesive football. Our 2 strikers can't link play for toffee

I think if we were a bit more confident a Baston would have been on as we looked to stretch them out with the goofy all attack system they had at the end. Still, hoping to hold out was a valid call to make.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:23 - Nov 19 with 1719 viewsShonky

Forget sunderland, they arent going down. We need to focus on the teams on 11 points right now. As I type BBC have proclaimed that Leicester are in the relegation scrap. That would be funny.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 17:23]

Its just a ride...

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:23 - Nov 19 with 1714 viewsTheResurrection

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:18 - Nov 19 by Jack_Kass

The remaining games in the calendar year.

Palace (h)
Spurs (a)
Sunderland (h)
WBA (a)
Boro (a)
West Ham (h)
B'mouth (h)

Get a return of 12+ points and we'll be going into the NY nervous, but with a chance to survive, anything else and we're looking to rebuild for the Championship.

So just back the gaffer and the team for every game until the new year. What have you got to lose by not doing so?

That's my point exactly. They're not going to change the manager now and I'm hoping Williams will be up to something.

Bradley isn't some half hearted dummy, he's going to give his all so fack it, get behind him it's our only real hope of staying altogether and up.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:23 - Nov 19 with 1699 viewsjack247

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:15 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but today has proved how ineffective our strikers have been.

Bradley gave us a chance to protect the ball better and play more cohesive football. Our 2 strikers can't link play for toffee

Playing Siggy as a false 9 effectively gave us an extra man in midfield at times, which stopped players getting isolated and allowed us to play with more fluidity than we have for a long time. It was a brave call and fair play it almost worked perfectly. I wouldn't say it's a reflection on our strikers though. Llorente needs crosses or players in and around him. Borja needs someone on his wavelength capable of playing Shelvey to Gomis type through balls to suit his clever runs. We haven't provided them with either.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:24 - Nov 19 with 1689 viewsCooperman

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:23 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

That's my point exactly. They're not going to change the manager now and I'm hoping Williams will be up to something.

Bradley isn't some half hearted dummy, he's going to give his all so fack it, get behind him it's our only real hope of staying altogether and up.

Correct.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:27 - Nov 19 with 1662 viewsTheResurrection

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:23 - Nov 19 by jack247

Playing Siggy as a false 9 effectively gave us an extra man in midfield at times, which stopped players getting isolated and allowed us to play with more fluidity than we have for a long time. It was a brave call and fair play it almost worked perfectly. I wouldn't say it's a reflection on our strikers though. Llorente needs crosses or players in and around him. Borja needs someone on his wavelength capable of playing Shelvey to Gomis type through balls to suit his clever runs. We haven't provided them with either.

I agree with you as well but for now I'd just take us as a team getting used to being back on the ball again and if that means false 9's then OK it's worth a try.

Nobody expected anything today so what a point, eh.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:31 - Nov 19 with 1619 viewsjack247

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:27 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

I agree with you as well but for now I'd just take us as a team getting used to being back on the ball again and if that means false 9's then OK it's worth a try.

Nobody expected anything today so what a point, eh.

Not disagreeing with that, we played it with Ayew towards the end of last season and it was some of the best football we played.

One of those games that feels like 2 points dropped, but had it been the other way round and we had equalised in the 89th minute would feel like a win. As you say though, it's a point more than I expected and it's something to build on.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:32 - Nov 19 with 1603 viewsawayjack

F*ck Bobbly - completely out of his depth. One way ticket back to French league 2.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:33 - Nov 19 with 1600 viewsShonky

Even if we had held on we still would have gone bottom. The only thing that matters now is how we do in our next game.

Its just a ride...

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:33 - Nov 19 with 1585 viewsA_Fans_Dad

But the selection of Ki as a sub in a fight like that shows he has no understanding of Ki's nature.
The guy is just not up for the fight, even though he did better last week.
VDH should have come on if he wanted to strengthen the defense and Dyer was obviously not ready at all, McBurnie would have been better.
When are they going to give more youngsters a chance, every time they step up they do well, instead they continue to play Routledge & Ki.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:39 - Nov 19 with 1573 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Dyer put a lovely pass for Siggy to make it 2-0. Have t seen such a dangerous ball in a while. Needs minutes. Will be an important player to come back.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:40 - Nov 19 with 1566 viewsjack247

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:33 - Nov 19 by A_Fans_Dad

But the selection of Ki as a sub in a fight like that shows he has no understanding of Ki's nature.
VDH should have come on if he wanted to strengthen the defense and Dyer was obviously not ready at all, McBurnie would have been better.
When are they going to give more youngsters a chance, every time they step up they do well, instead they continue to play Routledge & Ki.

Agree with all of that apart from the youngsters bit. It was a stupid sub that ruined what would have been a perfect day for Bob.

People assume the likes of Sheehan will do well because Davies did exceptionally and Fulton has done ok. I don't get the logic. If they were good enough they would be in and around the squad like Fulton and McBurnie.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:43 - Nov 19 with 1550 viewsTheResurrection

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:33 - Nov 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I know what you're saying and agree to an extent. But like you say, Ki wasnt the worst player on the pitch the last 2 games and Bob will see this for himself. I also hate slaughtering players who are brought on late into the game as it's hard, but will make an exception for Ki.

There were far more positives than negatives today and there's not many games this season we've been able to say that.

Our closing down was excellent
We passed the ball well first half
We nullified their game plan (any away team's dream)
We defended well in the main
We showed true spirit compared to where we are in the league
We fought for the shirt
Its given everyone a glimmer of hope

The next chunk of games are all very winnable, we need to rally around our manager and give the team (and us) any chance we can get to stay up.

We've got nothing to lose.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:44 - Nov 19 with 1543 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:33 - Nov 19 by Shonky

Even if we had held on we still would have gone bottom. The only thing that matters now is how we do in our next game.

But those 2 extra points can make all the difference come May.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:51 - Nov 19 with 1465 viewsLeonWasGod

Ki is this weeks escaped goat? Excellent, Tayls will be pleased.

Man up you tarts, I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with you lot. If you can't see the positives from today, the Swans don't need you. Even if you did see us beat Briton Ferry in 1892.

Grrr. Gloves off, we're in this together now. One big love fest and 'f*ck you' to the outside world. Are you with us or against us?........
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:53 - Nov 19 with 1456 viewsTheResurrection

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:51 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

Ki is this weeks escaped goat? Excellent, Tayls will be pleased.

Man up you tarts, I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with you lot. If you can't see the positives from today, the Swans don't need you. Even if you did see us beat Briton Ferry in 1892.

Grrr. Gloves off, we're in this together now. One big love fest and 'f*ck you' to the outside world. Are you with us or against us?........

Taylor did well today I'll say that.

Ki isn't what we need going forward and needs to be addressed in the next window. Apart from that, it's positives all the way from today.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:53 - Nov 19 with 1454 viewsMurph75

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:44 - Nov 19 by A_Fans_Dad

But those 2 extra points can make all the difference come May.

Just like this point could make all the difference come May.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:11 - Nov 19 with 1404 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bob wants more commitment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38040597

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:16 - Nov 19 with 1370 viewsdeanscfc

We may as well play without fullbacks as ours dont do anything. Just have two centre backs and pack the midfield.

I'm only half joking.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:39 - Nov 19 with 1308 viewsTheResurrection

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:11 - Nov 19 by NeiltheTaylor

Bob wants more commitment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38040597

Agree with everything he's said. In fact, I've found it hard to argue with any of his interviews. He reads the game well which is further encouragement.

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:47 - Nov 19 with 1281 viewsdickythorpe

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:39 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

Agree with everything he's said. In fact, I've found it hard to argue with any of his interviews. He reads the game well which is further encouragement.

He's a fecking yank mun !!!! Knows exactly what to say and knows he'll easily lead some. Thought you had more savvy. The guy is league one fodder at best
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:51 - Nov 19 with 1266 viewsGixerJack

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:09 - Nov 19 by attila_the_hun

f*ck bob bradley, he should quit, get behind him all you want he will go down as maybe the worst manager we have had, we are now a toy for rich americans, slimey Jenkins sold us out. BB may be a decent guy but he has no clue, at least Paul Williams knows the english league, he should be manager instead of the soccer guy. Swansea KFC are on our way to Barnsley

F@@k no,that accolade must go to Kevin Cullis surely.
Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 18:56 - Nov 19 with 1233 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 19:28 - Nov 19 with 1150 viewsDJack

Time to get behind Bob Bradley. on 17:43 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

I know what you're saying and agree to an extent. But like you say, Ki wasnt the worst player on the pitch the last 2 games and Bob will see this for himself. I also hate slaughtering players who are brought on late into the game as it's hard, but will make an exception for Ki.

There were far more positives than negatives today and there's not many games this season we've been able to say that.

Our closing down was excellent
We passed the ball well first half
We nullified their game plan (any away team's dream)
We defended well in the main
We showed true spirit compared to where we are in the league
We fought for the shirt
Its given everyone a glimmer of hope

The next chunk of games are all very winnable, we need to rally around our manager and give the team (and us) any chance we can get to stay up.

We've got nothing to lose.

Mr Resurrection that's the your second post in this thread where you've focused on where you and another have agreed and made little fuss of where you disagreed. That for me is how we should communicate with each other to move forward. Yes, we will disagree and yes those issues need attending to but we need to keep the invective out of the disagreements and use the consensus to "harmonise" the fanbase and move forward with a coherent plan. (We will also, on occasion fall short but if we try...)

Apologies for my verbosity.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024