Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Speaks 15:37 - Nov 21 with 4274 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38050120

Hopefully kick start the season Saturday

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Gylfi Speaks on 15:52 - Nov 21 with 2999 viewsLord_Bony

Three shots at goal Saturday all by siggurdson including a pen Got to do better than that if we are to stay up.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gylfi Speaks on 15:58 - Nov 21 with 2957 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi Speaks on 15:52 - Nov 21 by Lord_Bony

Three shots at goal Saturday all by siggurdson including a pen Got to do better than that if we are to stay up.

It was the most perfect performance we could have possibly given apparently.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gylfi Speaks on 16:06 - Nov 21 with 2941 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi Speaks on 15:58 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You claimed it was West Ham Saturday

'West Ham are currently protecting a lead away from home against a side high up in the table.

However, I'm a little confused. They are sitll playing their way out, creating chances, getting shots on target and are capable of stringing 5 passes together.

I was told earlier that what we attempted was the perfect away performance. West Ham's performance must be the best performance in the history of football.

Or.. too many people on here are giving far too much credit for what was a poor display which we undeservedly came away with one point. This leads to standards and expectations sinking to embarrassing levels like what many now deem a good performance, which is actually not good enough.'
Gylfi Speaks on 16:19 - Nov 21 with 2884 viewshammy

"just around the corner", let's hope so !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Gylfi Speaks on 17:02 - Nov 21 with 2750 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I stand by what I posted regarding West Ham. They showed that you can still play comfortably with the ball and attack despite defending a lead. They played a far better side and were very unlucky to lose. We played an average side and we very lucky to draw.

It's no surprise they are higher than us. They actually try to score goals. We seem happy to play for 0-0's, if we score then it's a bonus.

Gylfi Speaks on 17:12 - Nov 21 with 2722 viewsjack247

Gylfi Speaks on 17:02 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I stand by what I posted regarding West Ham. They showed that you can still play comfortably with the ball and attack despite defending a lead. They played a far better side and were very unlucky to lose. We played an average side and we very lucky to draw.

It's no surprise they are higher than us. They actually try to score goals. We seem happy to play for 0-0's, if we score then it's a bonus.

We are where we are. Some of that is down to the quality of the manager, some of it is down to the players he has to work with. 1-1 at Everton is a good result. It would have been under Rodgers, Laudrup, Monk or Guidolin.

I'm not a Bob fan and would love to see the back of him, but that performance, whilst not being like watching Real Madrid, was a massive step up. One a lot of people, me included, thought was beyond a Bob Bradley team. The Man United performance was worth bitching over. That one wasn't.
Gylfi Speaks on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 2632 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 17:12 - Nov 21 by jack247

We are where we are. Some of that is down to the quality of the manager, some of it is down to the players he has to work with. 1-1 at Everton is a good result. It would have been under Rodgers, Laudrup, Monk or Guidolin.

I'm not a Bob fan and would love to see the back of him, but that performance, whilst not being like watching Real Madrid, was a massive step up. One a lot of people, me included, thought was beyond a Bob Bradley team. The Man United performance was worth bitching over. That one wasn't.

Shows how low we've sunk. The game on Saturday was one Everton goal away from being an exact replica of The Spurs away game last season for which Guidolin and the players were rightly slated for. It wasn't a step up at all, yippee we got a point away from home, sides who get relegated often pick up little points like this here and there along the way. They don't lose every game mind!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gylfi Speaks on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 2521 viewsJango

Gylfi Speaks on 17:50 - Nov 21 by morningstar

Shows how low we've sunk. The game on Saturday was one Everton goal away from being an exact replica of The Spurs away game last season for which Guidolin and the players were rightly slated for. It wasn't a step up at all, yippee we got a point away from home, sides who get relegated often pick up little points like this here and there along the way. They don't lose every game mind!

Give over mate! We got a point away at 7th place whilst most teams around us lost. There's not a lot of positives at the club at the moment but Saturday was a step in the right direction all be it a small one.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Speaks on 18:58 - Nov 21 with 2478 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi Speaks on 18:47 - Nov 21 by Jango

Give over mate! We got a point away at 7th place whilst most teams around us lost. There's not a lot of positives at the club at the moment but Saturday was a step in the right direction all be it a small one.

How was it a step in the right direction when we ended the day 1 place below where we started?

Gylfi Speaks on 19:07 - Nov 21 with 2452 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 18:47 - Nov 21 by Jango

12pts from the next 7 games will be a step in the right direction, picking up a single point to go with the one we got at home against Watford in our last 8 games is not. If you honestly believe Saturday was a step in the right direction you are going to become more and more despondent as the season goes on. Face up to it, we ain't good enough for this league right now, but it really didn't have to be this way.

Gylfi Speaks on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 2424 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi Speaks on 19:07 - Nov 21 by morningstar

12pts from the next 7 games will be a step in the right direction, picking up a single point to go with the one we got at home against Watford in our last 8 games is not. If you honestly believe Saturday was a step in the right direction you are going to become more and more despondent as the season goes on. Face up to it, we ain't good enough for this league right now, but it really didn't have to be this way.

Finally. People praising Saturday's performance are doing the club no good.

Yes a point was acceptable but the performance was disastrous. Repeat that match with those tactics 100 times and Everton would win most I am sure.

Repeat those tactics and performances against most other teams and again, we'll be lucky to come away with a point.

Why are people accepting such rubbish knowing we are capable of better, as was seen in the first 45 minutes of the most recent match?

We don't need to revert to such embarrassing and cowardly approaches for an entire half.

Gylfi Speaks on 19:25 - Nov 21 with 2406 viewsJango

Gylfi Speaks on 18:58 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How was it a step in the right direction when we ended the day 1 place below where we started?

Well the gap between us and safety reduced, it's not hard really. It's not all about the performance at this stage, it's about grinding out results, which we done on Saturday. Everton have better players than us in every position and we came away with point, stop moaning.
Gylfi Speaks on 19:32 - Nov 21 with 2370 viewsJack11

Gylfi Speaks on 19:13 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Finally. People praising Saturday's performance are doing the club no good.

Yes a point was acceptable but the performance was disastrous. Repeat that match with those tactics 100 times and Everton would win most I am sure.

Repeat those tactics and performances against most other teams and again, we'll be lucky to come away with a point.

Why are people accepting such rubbish knowing we are capable of better, as was seen in the first 45 minutes of the most recent match?

We don't need to revert to such embarrassing and cowardly approaches for an entire half.

None of what you said makes any sense
Gylfi Speaks on 19:34 - Nov 21 with 2356 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi Speaks on 19:25 - Nov 21 by Jango

Well the gap between us and safety reduced, it's not hard really. It's not all about the performance at this stage, it's about grinding out results, which we done on Saturday. Everton have better players than us in every position and we came away with point, stop moaning.

But we're not going to grind out many results with performances like that. And even if we do, if by grinding you mean scraping draws against average opposition, then we may as well give up now as that isn't going to save us.

We need to win games. You don't win games by playing like that.

Gylfi Speaks on 19:45 - Nov 21 with 2319 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 19:32 - Nov 21 by Jack11

None of what you said makes any sense

So put him right then!

Gylfi Speaks on 19:52 - Nov 21 with 2285 viewsjack247

Gylfi Speaks on 17:50 - Nov 21 by morningstar

It was a massive step up Gar. It's not as if we scabbed a poInt. Granted it's only a step up to the kind of football Guidolin had us playing 6 or 7 games ago but it was far better than I thought Bob was capable of.

If he is watching old videos of us and taking serious input from the players, it may well be a case of the tail wagging the dog, I'm not arguing I want him to stay or anything.

It was only one goal away from Everton or Arsenal away last year too? We aren't going to play these teams off the park with the team we have now.
Gylfi Speaks on 19:57 - Nov 21 with 2267 viewsWxmJax

Gylfi Speaks on 19:34 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But we're not going to grind out many results with performances like that. And even if we do, if by grinding you mean scraping draws against average opposition, then we may as well give up now as that isn't going to save us.

We need to win games. You don't win games by playing like that.

Your grammar hasn't improved.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Gylfi Speaks on 20:01 - Nov 21 with 2250 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We got battered last season 2nd half more so .

But you always need a bit if luck

Remember this

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10142803/watch-seamus-colemans-shoc

This time he took it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Gylfi Speaks on 20:11 - Nov 21 with 2217 viewsJack11

Gylfi Speaks on 19:45 - Nov 21 by morningstar

So put him right then!

I'm not going to pull all that nonsense apart. All I will say is that its a good point away from home and it will give some confidence to the players. How anyone can put a negative spin on getting a point at goodison park in our current plight is beyond me.
Gylfi Speaks on 20:14 - Nov 21 with 2201 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 19:52 - Nov 21 by jack247

It was a massive step up Gar. It's not as if we scabbed a poInt. Granted it's only a step up to the kind of football Guidolin had us playing 6 or 7 games ago but it was far better than I thought Bob was capable of.

If he is watching old videos of us and taking serious input from the players, it may well be a case of the tail wagging the dog, I'm not arguing I want him to stay or anything.

It was only one goal away from Everton or Arsenal away last year too? We aren't going to play these teams off the park with the team we have now.

Tim, a massive step up it wasn't, it was a team that is getting relegated getting a battling point away from home. Except out fate or come back to me and say i called it wrong when we have 18 points+ at the half way point.

Gylfi Speaks on 20:20 - Nov 21 with 2164 viewsSwansNZ

Gylfi Speaks on 15:58 - Nov 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It was the Sky commentary team that said our performance was almost the perfect away performance — of course, you’d have to factor in that it was a bottom team playing away at a top 7 team.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi Speaks on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 2155 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 20:11 - Nov 21 by Jack11

I'm not going to pull all that nonsense apart. All I will say is that its a good point away from home and it will give some confidence to the players. How anyone can put a negative spin on getting a point at goodison park in our current plight is beyond me.

Aston Villa drew 1-1 at Southampton this time last year. Saints finished 6th, Villa went down with 17pts. As i said relegated teams do pick up points now and again!

Gylfi Speaks on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 2156 viewsmonmouth

To be honest I couldn't give a toss about anything than at least we got a point. We have played extremely poorly loads of times, rode bucketloads of luck and nicked games, particularly under Monk and Guidolin. This was no different, except we conceded, rather unluckily as it happened and Evo created very little else.

Anyway, last week is last week. At home against Palace I'm expecting better and nothing less than a win. If it's a performance like Norwich, Villa and Watford last year, which were frankly appalling and much worse than last Saturday, and we win 1-0 I'll be perfectly happy. Getting points is the only thing that will breed confidence and we probably need three of them in the next five or six.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gylfi Speaks on 20:22 - Nov 21 with 2150 viewsSwansNZ

Gylfi Speaks on 15:52 - Nov 21 by Lord_Bony

Only Man City and Hull had more shots on target than us, as an away side, and Hull lost by 3 goals to 0.

teams ... shots on target
mnu v ars 5 - 1
crp v mnc 2 - 4
eve v swa 6 - 3
sot v liv 0 - 2
sto v bou 6 - 2
sun v hul 4 - 7
wat v lei 3 - 2
tot v whu 6 - 3
mid v che 1 - 3

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi Speaks on 20:23 - Nov 21 with 2139 viewsmorningstar

Gylfi Speaks on 20:21 - Nov 21 by monmouth

To be honest I couldn't give a toss about anything than at least we got a point. We have played extremely poorly loads of times, rode bucketloads of luck and nicked games, particularly under Monk and Guidolin. This was no different, except we conceded, rather unluckily as it happened and Evo created very little else.

Anyway, last week is last week. At home against Palace I'm expecting better and nothing less than a win. If it's a performance like Norwich, Villa and Watford last year, which were frankly appalling and much worse than last Saturday, and we win 1-0 I'll be perfectly happy. Getting points is the only thing that will breed confidence and we probably need three of them in the next five or six.

Winning now is the only thing that matters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024