Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council 18:32 - Nov 25 with 1756 viewsjohnlangy

After the Autumn statement he's disappointed that the UK government didn't see fit to invest £300 million in development of Cardiff central Station. According to this prat this money is DESPERATELY needed bla bla bla (wales online).

What a complete cretin.
Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:08 - Nov 25 with 1724 viewsdickythorpe

And he's out for 4 months with a dodgy ankle.
Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:12 - Nov 25 with 1718 viewsMurph75

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:08 - Nov 25 by dickythorpe

That's his cousin. Christian.
Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:25 - Nov 25 with 1702 viewsWingstandwood

There seems there is 'a-sense-of-entitlement' that Cardiff has that is truly obscene and it's relentlessly backed up by WAG politicians, councillors and Welsh media etc.

Yeah he would be disappointed despite the fact the rest of Wales being an economically partitioned backwater.

Argus!

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council (n/t) on 21:02 - Nov 25 with 1644 viewsmax936

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:08 - Nov 25 by dickythorpe

[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 21:03]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 21:21 - Nov 25 with 1624 viewsKilkennyjack

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:12 - Nov 25 by Murph75

👏😂

Beware of the Risen People

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 21:21 - Nov 25 with 1622 viewsraynor94

I really do hope Partzy is ok

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:21 - Nov 25 with 1568 viewsPrivate_Partz

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 21:21 - Nov 25 by raynor94

I really do hope Partzy is ok

I am well thank you. I just don't live on here. ;-)
Back on topic..... This Bale geezer is the new Russell Goodway. As usual all you need is a chopsey one bulling up the Cardiff Bubble and our 'national media' are on it like a shot.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:36 - Nov 25 with 1556 viewsraynor94

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:21 - Nov 25 by Private_Partz

I am well thank you. I just don't live on here. ;-)
Back on topic..... This Bale geezer is the new Russell Goodway. As usual all you need is a chopsey one bulling up the Cardiff Bubble and our 'national media' are on it like a shot.

So why doesn't Rob Stewart do it? surely he's sorted the asbestos fiasco by now, most of our Cities failings are on our doorstep not forty miles up the road, the decimation of Swansea has been done by successive Councils long before the Assembly even existed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 08:03 - Nov 26 with 1508 viewsDr_Winston

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:36 - Nov 25 by raynor94

So why doesn't Rob Stewart do it? surely he's sorted the asbestos fiasco by now, most of our Cities failings are on our doorstep not forty miles up the road, the decimation of Swansea has been done by successive Councils long before the Assembly even existed

Innit.

"Leader of Cardiff council announces he wants more money spent on Cardiff" shock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 10:19 - Nov 26 with 1457 viewsPrivate_Partz

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:36 - Nov 25 by raynor94

No don't agree with that. We were doing fine back in the 80s. We were always on the back foot due to the decimation of the city centre infastructure during the war but frim the 50s to the 80s we made a fist of it. The decline has been pronounced since the advent of WAG.
I don't disagree with you about the failure of all local councils in Wales outside of the SE but the fault lies with both them and WAG for me.
LAs keeping schtum not to rock the political boat and no voice within Wales. This due to the 'national media' being Cardiff based and Cardiff biased and therefore supporting Welsh Labour's Cardiff City State agenda.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 17:34 - Nov 26 with 1390 viewsLoyal

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:12 - Nov 25 by Murph75

Christian Bale, huge Swans fan.
Born in west Wales.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:11 - Nov 26 with 1347 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£300m to renovate a station are the new platforms made of gold? They already 20 stations in Cardiff. Swansea has three if you count Gowerton. How about some cash to reopen both Cockett and Landore just to start with.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 20:13 - Nov 26 with 1324 viewsymaohyd

A line needs to be drawn in the sand now, with regards to Cardiff's funding.... the disparity between them and the rest of Wales is disgusting.

I highlighted the other week that he was making statements about Cardiff's contribution to the Welsh economy and they should now have even more funding!!!

They make a big contribution to the Welsh economy because the funding they've had in the past enables them to do so.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:02 - Nov 26 with 1267 viewsLoyal

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 19:11 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

£300m to renovate a station are the new platforms made of gold? They already 20 stations in Cardiff. Swansea has three if you count Gowerton. How about some cash to reopen both Cockett and Landore just to start with.

Nobody wants to keep replacing the Cockett station signs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:26 - Nov 26 with 1249 viewsmajorraglan

I agree that Cardiff has had the lions share of the investment and that the jam needs to be spread out, especially in the West and the North, but I don't blame their Phil Bale guy for trying to secure more investment in his city. We have all seen cases of he who shouts loudest gets and his job is to do the best he can for his city and that is what he is trying to do. What needs to happen is that our leaders need to step up their efforts to secure investment in our areas, they need to publicise our issues and problems and put pressure on the AM's etc in Cardiff to increase the investment in West Glamorgan and further afield.
Our road network needs major investment, the Heads of the Valley is slowly being sorted, the Brynglas tunnels need sorting as does the congestion in Port Talbot, the distributor road has too many roundabouts and the slower speed limit will keep people on the motorway, we also need a good Morth South road because the current roads are pants as is the rail network, travelling north south or vice versa is a mare.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 23:27]
Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 13:43 - Nov 27 with 1187 viewsPrivate_Partz

Phil Bale - the self serving leader of Cardiff Council on 23:26 - Nov 26 by majorraglan

I agree that Cardiff has had the lions share of the investment and that the jam needs to be spread out, especially in the West and the North, but I don't blame their Phil Bale guy for trying to secure more investment in his city. We have all seen cases of he who shouts loudest gets and his job is to do the best he can for his city and that is what he is trying to do. What needs to happen is that our leaders need to step up their efforts to secure investment in our areas, they need to publicise our issues and problems and put pressure on the AM's etc in Cardiff to increase the investment in West Glamorgan and further afield.
Our road network needs major investment, the Heads of the Valley is slowly being sorted, the Brynglas tunnels need sorting as does the congestion in Port Talbot, the distributor road has too many roundabouts and the slower speed limit will keep people on the motorway, we also need a good Morth South road because the current roads are pants as is the rail network, travelling north south or vice versa is a mare.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 23:27]

I agree with most of that but Bale is able to shout the loudest due to media support. I doubt the Anglsey Leader would have had the same coverage even if he held a similar view for his area, which I am sure he does.
Also Brynglas is not that bad and is certainly not worthy of a billion pound relief road. I travel that way often and I record the time it take to get from the A449 junction to the other end of the tunnels. It take 10 to 12 minutes in rush hour. All other times there Is very little problem. It is no worse than Margam and nothing like the M5 / M6 junction or the M25.
You mention the twinning of Heads of the Valley. This will eliviate much of the congestion at Brynglas. Anyone travelling to / from the North or Midlands will use that link. Only London and Sothern traffic will use the tunnels.
It is not worth the money and there are far more deserving projects.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 14:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024