Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will it take? 00:38 - Nov 27 with 3009 viewsKrisP

So, Bob has his first win and many say it was in spite of him and all down to the players. And before I start, I don't suddenly think he's a suddenly a tactical genius or responsible for the 3 points today. But I'm not as negative on him as others.

So I'm genuinely interested in what it would take to change your opinion on him if you're currently certain he's a clueless yank? Is winning games enough (regardless of his tactics) or will it take something more?
What will it take? on 00:58 - Nov 27 with 2977 viewsbarry_island

About 15 pints and whisky chasers.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

What will it take? on 01:49 - Nov 27 with 2925 viewsKrisP

What will it take? on 00:58 - Nov 27 by barry_island

About 15 pints and whisky chasers.

How many have you had so far?
What will it take? on 02:06 - Nov 27 with 2894 viewsPURe_Evil

We've won one game (which was chaos) against the worst team in the league and you are ready to praise the lord?

F^ck me, I bet you dressed up as Elvis for Rodgers.
What will it take? on 02:10 - Nov 27 with 2897 viewsKrisP

What will it take? on 02:06 - Nov 27 by PURe_Evil

We've won one game (which was chaos) against the worst team in the league and you are ready to praise the lord?

Not even close, as I stated in my OP. Just asking what it would take someone like yourself to come around a bit to the idea that he knows what he's doing.
What will it take? on 02:16 - Nov 27 with 2879 viewsPURe_Evil

I'll tell you in January :)
What will it take? on 02:40 - Nov 27 with 2874 viewsstAteSwan

I don't particularly care how we look right now, just that we win. We need points in the worst way right now, and when those points come, the focus then becomes on strengthening the squad in the January transfer window.
What will it take? on 05:30 - Nov 27 with 2806 viewsTummer_from_Texas

For me it would take learning from his mistakes.

He's made some ridiculous decisions on the starting lineups. We won an amazingly dramatic game that still has me buzzing, but it should have never come to that.

I can chalk some of these decisions up to newness, a learning curve, and lack of short term fitness in a couple places, but it needs to improve soon.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What will it take? on 06:42 - Nov 27 with 2765 viewsJango

What will it take? on 02:10 - Nov 27 by KrisP

Not even close, as I stated in my OP. Just asking what it would take someone like yourself to come around a bit to the idea that he knows what he's doing.

A Spanish accent
Login to get fewer ads

What will it take? on 06:47 - Nov 27 with 2750 viewsSwansNZ

What will it take? on 05:30 - Nov 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

He's made some ridiculous decisions on the starting lineups. We won an amazingly dramatic game that still has me buzzing, but it should have never come to that.

I can chalk some of these decisions up to newness, a learning curve, and lack of short term fitness in a couple places, but it needs to improve soon.

I can chalk up most of his decisions to him being clueless and totally out of his depth.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What will it take? on 07:00 - Nov 27 with 2728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What will it take? on 02:06 - Nov 27 by PURe_Evil

Darran did

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What will it take? on 07:01 - Nov 27 with 2715 viewsPURe_Evil

What will it take? on 05:30 - Nov 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

You seem like a clued up guy, but you cant use newness as an excuse, come on man this is why people said hes not good enough for the PL.
What will it take? on 07:14 - Nov 27 with 2711 viewsjack247

To enjoy results like that, nothing.

To credit Bob, he would have to show a lot more competence. We wouldn't have won that game 5-4 under any of our previous managers, we would have shut them down at 3-1, kept outlets on the pitch to pin them back and coasted to an easy win.
What will it take? on 07:40 - Nov 27 with 2678 viewsDr_Winston

To look like he has some semblance of a plan. To look like he's not just picking players at random and hoping the team gels. To look like he's making substitutions for a reason other than just sitting back and hoping not to concede for 20 minutes. To keep Federico Fernandez as far away as humanly possible from a starting lineup.

It's nothing personal. I quite like the guy. He's open, well spoken and is clearly trying his best. It's just that up until now his best has been nowhere near good enough.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What will it take? on 09:06 - Nov 27 with 2573 viewsShonky

So this is the 3rd manager in a row where when we win, its in-spite of the manager?
Monk, Guidolin and now Bradley.
Why do we bother appointing managers when its all down to the players?
Or are you talking bollox?
The only manager who, in 'recent' history(post Laudrup), has been credited with any influence on how we actually play was Alan Curtis. Strange that he is local. Stranger that he didn't actually do any better than the guy who succeeded him, and yet got far more admiration.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 9:09]

Its just a ride...

What will it take? on 09:10 - Nov 27 with 2545 viewsPURe_Evil

What will it take? on 09:06 - Nov 27 by Shonky

So this is the 3rd manager in a row where when we win, its in-spite of the manager?
Monk, Guidolin and now Bradley.
Why do we bother appointing managers when its all down to the players?
Or are you talking bollox?
The only manager who, in 'recent' history(post Laudrup), has been credited with any influence on how we actually play was Alan Curtis. Strange that he is local. Stranger that he didn't actually do any better than the guy who succeeded him, and yet got far more admiration.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 9:09]

Would you like to take in to account the win % rate, rather than get emotional over 1 win? If you are counting only today''s game we are on a 100% record, HELL YEA.
What will it take? on 09:13 - Nov 27 with 2535 viewsmonmouth

I don't really care any more to be honest. We've got him. We won. That's fantastic. I wish we had better, We don't. If we sacked him, I don't see where better is coming from now anyway. I hope we win/draw again next week. Then Sunderland will be another massive occasion. I hope we win.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What will it take? on 09:15 - Nov 27 with 2521 viewsawayjack

When he shows he has any clue about tactics to win a premier league match and picks a team that can excute those tactics. Delighted with 3 points yesterday but his tactics and selection were shambolic. Do you honestly think he has the tactical and player management skills for the premier league?
What will it take? on 09:30 - Nov 27 with 2471 viewsDewi1jack

In fairness I accept that we're stuck with Boob as I' going to assume (yes I know- never assume) the Septics appointed him and don't really want to look like clueless, uneducated, underachieving lunatics in their own country, so
I'll give him the 10 games I'd give any manager prior to making any serious judgements.

He seems positive.
He can talk a good game.
Our boys are starting to look a little fitter
He needs to learn from his mistakes (Ki and Krusty the Flaky Fernandez to name 2 major fugups)
Is there still anyone on the planet who still thinks Fernandez is worth £6 million more than Chico?

See what players rock up here in January- although that could be down to that useless fukwit Jenkins- the man who thinks N'gog/ Beattie/ Ko fuggin L / Tabanou/ Goooofukinoffsideagain/ Fernandez etc are the sort of people the club need.
Maybe the club will give him far better backroom staff than Monk had and he can learn and get us to the magic 40.
Who knows.
But at the moment we're stuck with the clueless w anchor, so we may as well get used to heart attack games like yesterday.

One positive from yesterday.
Bob the builder managed to get rid of our Premier League customers, leaving the ground for the fans/ supporters when Palace scored the 4th.
So he's not totally useless w anchor!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What will it take? on 11:14 - Nov 27 with 2385 viewsbarry_island

What will it take? on 01:49 - Nov 27 by KrisP

How many have you had so far?

3 pints on the way home and 2 glasses of wine with my evening meal.

Oh I almost forgot, a bucketful of adrenaline had also been consumed by 5pm as well.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

What will it take? on 11:30 - Nov 27 with 2346 viewsA_Fans_Dad

When he understands "Player Dynamics", ie
Amat + FF = Negative
Amat + FF + Taylor = Even more Negative
Amat + VDH = Positive
Amat + Mawson = Positive
VDH + Mawson = Positive
Taylor + Routledge = Very Negative
Defending Sub Rangel = Negative
Defending Sub VDH = Probably Positive (but how would we know.)
Attacking Sub Striker = Positive
Atacking Sub Montero = Positive
He is remidying some of his mistakes like yesterday, but his team selection makes the error in the first place as do some of his subs.
What will it take? on 11:38 - Nov 27 with 2327 views34dfgdf54

What will it take? on 07:40 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

To look like he has some semblance of a plan. To look like he's not just picking players at random and hoping the team gels. To look like he's making substitutions for a reason other than just sitting back and hoping not to concede for 20 minutes. To keep Federico Fernandez as far away as humanly possible from a starting lineup.

It's nothing personal. I quite like the guy. He's open, well spoken and is clearly trying his best. It's just that up until now his best has been nowhere near good enough.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This ^
What will it take? on 11:42 - Nov 27 with 2305 viewsdickythorpe

Keep the team winning and fighting for the shirt.

Make sure all opposition teams know they are in for a battle with us.

It's backs to the wall stuff and maybe there may be some more ridiculous score lines ahead....but if we are winning.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024