Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trade centre Wales 20:13 - Nov 27 with 27207 viewsMurph75

Anyone had any dealings with them? Need a new car and was thinking of popping along to see them tomorrow.

Was also thinking about Ron Skinner as well. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Trade centre Wales on 20:41 - Nov 28 with 5860 viewsMurph75

Popped along to TCW tonight. Nice enough experience but feck me they're expensive.

Stopped off in corner park on the way back and the prices are like night and day for more or less the same make, model and , mileage etc....
Trade centre Wales on 20:44 - Nov 28 with 5856 viewsfbreath

Trade centre Wales on 20:41 - Nov 28 by Murph75

Popped along to TCW tonight. Nice enough experience but feck me they're expensive.

Stopped off in corner park on the way back and the prices are like night and day for more or less the same make, model and , mileage etc....

I know TCW have just spent a fortune on expanding the neath site. It's massive there now

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Trade centre Wales on 20:47 - Nov 28 with 5850 viewsDafyddHuw

I use these

https://www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales
Trade centre Wales on 20:50 - Nov 28 with 5848 viewsMurph75

Trade centre Wales on 20:47 - Nov 28 by DafyddHuw

I use these

I'd rather bath my Mother.
Trade centre Wales on 20:51 - Nov 28 with 5847 viewsfbreath

Trade centre Wales on 20:47 - Nov 28 by DafyddHuw

I use these

Bit of a nightmare to park those are

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Trade centre Wales on 20:21 - Nov 29 with 5789 viewsPhil_S

Trade centre Wales on 21:50 - Nov 27 by Cooperman

It wasn't a mileage driven decision for me, instead it was a case of deciding upon my wishes and needs. Options included new vs used, regular change vs run into the ground, large up front outlay vs low outlay, etc.

For as long as I'm in gainful employment I would like a decent new motor every three years but without the upfront outlay; so leasing is the obvious choice. From there it was a case of finding the best mix of vehicle and price for an annual mileage of approx 15k per year. I have been given an option to purchase at the end of contract date but have resisted so far, however I probably will do this one day once my desire for a new car wanes a little. The positives with this are that I've already paid for circa 50% of the RRP via leasing and would be buying a car that I know has been looked after.

Fair enough I think for me I'm less fussed about a new car and less fussed about changing regularly. I can use the car allowance I get to fund the private finance needed to get a car that is probably 3-4 years old.

Keep looking back at that nationwide site (from your discussion last time) but I just for what I want don't think I would do it this time around

Do you mind if I ask what car you have?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trade centre Wales on 22:15 - Nov 29 with 5741 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trade centre Wales on 20:41 - Nov 28 by Murph75

For some unknown reason cars are more expensive in this neck of the woods. Try the Auto Trader website. Filter your results on distance and you will find all the cheapest cars are 150 plus miles away.
Motorpoint have the same prices right throughout the UK so another plus for the Newport branch although it is big the stocks that tend to be in other braches. I suspect they are even bigger. No problem though as they will bring any car on the website to Newport for you.
God I sound like a sales assistant but ,apart from the finance option selling attempts, I have found them very good.
Look for the makes with 5 to 7 years warranty and go for 1 to 2 years old. Added security then.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trade centre Wales on 22:22 - Nov 29 with 5734 viewsCooperman

Trade centre Wales on 20:21 - Nov 29 by Phil_S

Fair enough I think for me I'm less fussed about a new car and less fussed about changing regularly. I can use the car allowance I get to fund the private finance needed to get a car that is probably 3-4 years old.

Keep looking back at that nationwide site (from your discussion last time) but I just for what I want don't think I would do it this time around

Do you mind if I ask what car you have?

This post has been edited by an administrator

I did give private finance and PCP via a dealer some serious thought but couldn't match the terms I was getting at NVC. So, I went in the leasing direction and now get some small loyalty benefit as a returning customer and haven't moved away from them since.

I currently have a 64 plate A5 Sportback Black Edition; the car itself came from Audi and even collected it from a dealership. NVC told me this would be the case when I had my quote so I got straight on the phone to Audi leasing and basically said 'lets do a deal and cut the NVC middle man out, only to find it was £80 per month more expensive via Audi personal leasing. When I went back to NVC and asked how they could undercut the vehicle supplier they simply put it down to the volume of cars they were getting through; another quirk of leasing. I didn't take any maintenance option with this contract so all things considered I am about £40 per month (out of pocket) away from being cash neutral.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Trade centre Wales on 22:23 - Nov 29 with 5733 viewsMurph75

Trade centre Wales on 20:44 - Nov 28 by fbreath

I know TCW have just spent a fortune on expanding the neath site. It's massive there now

Looks a good set up in all fairness. Very expensive and the prices are nowhere near what they're advertising on the website.
Trade centre Wales on 22:25 - Nov 29 with 5731 viewsMurph75

Trade centre Wales on 22:15 - Nov 29 by Private_Partz

For some unknown reason cars are more expensive in this neck of the woods. Try the Auto Trader website. Filter your results on distance and you will find all the cheapest cars are 150 plus miles away.
Motorpoint have the same prices right throughout the UK so another plus for the Newport branch although it is big the stocks that tend to be in other braches. I suspect they are even bigger. No problem though as they will bring any car on the website to Newport for you.
God I sound like a sales assistant but ,apart from the finance option selling attempts, I have found them very good.
Look for the makes with 5 to 7 years warranty and go for 1 to 2 years old. Added security then.

Cheers Private. The advice is greatly appreciated.

Stopped off in corner park on the way home and the cars seem a lot cheaper, younger in age and less mileage.
Trade centre Wales on 22:57 - Nov 29 with 5706 viewscimlajack

Motorpoint Newport for me,relatively hassle free,until you get to the purchase point,then they try hard to get you to finance through them,and they try to sell you paint enhancements,extended warranties beyond manufacturers warranty,scotchquard interior protection,and a P.P.I, policy believe it or not.
Good choice of nearly new/new cars with delivery/low mileage.
Test drive,no problem.
Drove the latest purchase away same day, under 4 hours from 1st visit.
Trade centre Wales on 23:19 - Nov 29 with 5695 viewsMurph75

Trade centre Wales on 22:57 - Nov 29 by cimlajack

Motorpoint Newport for me,relatively hassle free,until you get to the purchase point,then they try hard to get you to finance through them,and they try to sell you paint enhancements,extended warranties beyond manufacturers warranty,scotchquard interior protection,and a P.P.I, policy believe it or not.
Good choice of nearly new/new cars with delivery/low mileage.
Test drive,no problem.
Drove the latest purchase away same day, under 4 hours from 1st visit.

That's the one thing I found peculiar with TCW. I saw a car that was ok and the guy seemed pretty sure I was going to buy it without evening test driving it. I mentioned I'd be back on Saturday and he reckoned it would of gone by then. My response was that's fate for you.
Trade centre Wales on 09:41 - Nov 30 with 5643 viewsPhil_S

Trade centre Wales on 22:22 - Nov 29 by Cooperman

I did give private finance and PCP via a dealer some serious thought but couldn't match the terms I was getting at NVC. So, I went in the leasing direction and now get some small loyalty benefit as a returning customer and haven't moved away from them since.

I currently have a 64 plate A5 Sportback Black Edition; the car itself came from Audi and even collected it from a dealership. NVC told me this would be the case when I had my quote so I got straight on the phone to Audi leasing and basically said 'lets do a deal and cut the NVC middle man out, only to find it was £80 per month more expensive via Audi personal leasing. When I went back to NVC and asked how they could undercut the vehicle supplier they simply put it down to the volume of cars they were getting through; another quirk of leasing. I didn't take any maintenance option with this contract so all things considered I am about £40 per month (out of pocket) away from being cash neutral.

Thanks - I need to do some working in the new year, guess it will come down in the end to what car I actually want and then balance out the options.

The one I have now will go back with around 60k on clock after 3 years so I need to lease anything at 20k pa but with the right vehicle leasing could be an option definitely

Cheers for the advice
Trade centre Wales on 09:46 - Nov 30 with 5638 viewsLoyal

Trade centre Wales on 20:28 - Nov 27 by Murph75

That's what I'd prefer. Have you got any links? I'm a recent driver and pretty sh!t with this type of stuff. Its all been taken care of via work previously.

I suggest you go dressed as Betty with a selection of fruity condoms.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trade centre Wales on 09:54 - Nov 30 with 5631 viewsCooperman

Trade centre Wales on 09:41 - Nov 30 by Phil_S

Thanks - I need to do some working in the new year, guess it will come down in the end to what car I actually want and then balance out the options.

The one I have now will go back with around 60k on clock after 3 years so I need to lease anything at 20k pa but with the right vehicle leasing could be an option definitely

Cheers for the advice

Have you got an option to buy your current company car at end of contract? I've known colleagues of mine do this in my company.

Trade centre Wales on 12:10 - Nov 30 with 5591 viewsPhil_S

Trade centre Wales on 09:54 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

Have you got an option to buy your current company car at end of contract? I've known colleagues of mine do this in my company.

Yes we have but to be honest not overly enamoured with my car as it stands anyway so unless the price made it brilliantly attractive I don't think I would take it
Trade centre Wales on 14:30 - Nov 30 with 5544 viewsCountyJim

Trade centre Wales on 12:10 - Nov 30 by Phil_S

Yes we have but to be honest not overly enamoured with my car as it stands anyway so unless the price made it brilliantly attractive I don't think I would take it

I do miss Trev
Trade centre Wales on 16:29 - Jun 19 with 5144 viewsepaul

Going to TCW Cardiff saturday to get a car, ok having to do it by finance even though don't really want to but ain't got the cash to buy outright, fed up of old bangers, latest one clio on a 56 plate the head gasket gone just not economical to repair.

So far looking at their site they look reasonable prices, yes I k now finance hikes it up, and in fairness all the dealings I've have with them over the phone they've been really good, as I'm travelling down from London (of to see the good lady) when I drive away with the car they'll give me a cheque for a 100 quid to cover my travel expenses so not to bad, I'm only looking for a fiesta /clio sized car

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Trade centre Wales on 18:23 - Jun 19 with 5084 viewsEbo

Trade centre Wales on 16:29 - Jun 19 by epaul

Going to TCW Cardiff saturday to get a car, ok having to do it by finance even though don't really want to but ain't got the cash to buy outright, fed up of old bangers, latest one clio on a 56 plate the head gasket gone just not economical to repair.

So far looking at their site they look reasonable prices, yes I k now finance hikes it up, and in fairness all the dealings I've have with them over the phone they've been really good, as I'm travelling down from London (of to see the good lady) when I drive away with the car they'll give me a cheque for a 100 quid to cover my travel expenses so not to bad, I'm only looking for a fiesta /clio sized car

Careful they don't offer you a crap finance deal. They tried to con my mate who has a good credit score the equivalent of a bad credit finance deal.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Trade centre Wales on 18:46 - Jun 19 with 5062 viewsepaul

Trade centre Wales on 18:23 - Jun 19 by Ebo

Careful they don't offer you a crap finance deal. They tried to con my mate who has a good credit score the equivalent of a bad credit finance deal.

Thats the one thing will be looking at John as he said I had a good credit score

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Trade centre Wales on 18:53 - Jun 19 with 5060 viewsbluenile

You'll walk through the door to see about 4/5 bodybuilding types in smart trousers, shirts and ties staring at you. One of them will approach you immediately, and even if you say "just looking", you'll be followed around if they can get away with it............personally? I wouldn't bother.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Trade centre Wales on 19:34 - Jun 19 with 5034 viewssquarebear

Trade centre Wales on 18:53 - Jun 19 by bluenile

You'll walk through the door to see about 4/5 bodybuilding types in smart trousers, shirts and ties staring at you. One of them will approach you immediately, and even if you say "just looking", you'll be followed around if they can get away with it............personally? I wouldn't bother.

That was my experience too. Just didn't work for me at all.

I expected to be able to browse the cars free from some w@nker in shiny shoes complaining that his feet hurt. None of the cars had fact sheets in their windows so every time I asked a question about a vehicle I was at the mercy of the salesman and his listing sheet. And it's no exaggeration to say his reading speed was somewhat disappointing.

My boy has just bought a 3 year old car at Sinclair's. It seemed a decent deal though it all feels a bit of a lottery.
Trade centre Wales on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 4987 viewsLeonWasGod

I've always assumed they pick up the auction stuff that's come out of company car schemes; so you've no idea how the car's been treated.

Quite happy here to buy a 2-3 yr old from main dealer and then run it into the ground. Can't remember the last time I had monthly car payments (not because I'm rich; I just don't see the point of continually changing something that depreciates like crap and the kids can wreck in a week).
Trade centre Wales on 22:20 - Jun 19 with 4933 viewsCooperman

I had this in an e-mail last week. Is it any use to you Paul?

Just over five grand for 4 years hassle free motoring in brand new wheels. No asset at the end mind so take that into account, although you will almost certainly get an option to purchase.

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Nissan_Note-1-2-acenta-premium-5dr-

Trade centre Wales on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 4928 viewsSwanzay

Trade centre Wales on 18:46 - Jun 19 by epaul

Thats the one thing will be looking at John as he said I had a good credit score

You can check your own credit score for free, https://www.noddle.co.uk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024