Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? 14:13 - Nov 29 with 5559 viewsBryanSwan

With the upcoming talks on safe standing coming back. What are peoples opinions on it?

I think it would be a great idea, would sort out having one area designated as standing as oppose to day trippers trying to sit in areas which are considered standing by the fans. Probably just implement it where people already stand.

Could really help the atmosphere.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 14:42 - Nov 29 with 4306 views34dfgdf54

Would love it.

Hate sitting through the games, but you need to at the Liberty at the moment with kids being behind you etc (great to see the younger lot at the games by the way), an area of standing would be great for atmosphere aswell.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:04 - Nov 29 with 4285 viewssherpajacob

Absolutely, bring it in.

East upper, asbo corner is obvious place to start.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:45 - Nov 29 with 4252 viewswestwalesed

Yes, the sooner the better!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:48 - Nov 29 with 4246 viewsDarran

When I look at photos of a terrace at other stadiums of the safe standing areas the spaces always looks slightly bigger than the seated area spaces and if that's right it's never going to happen at the Liberty in its current state.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 16:16 - Nov 29 with 4214 viewstomdickharry

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:48 - Nov 29 by Darran

When I look at photos of a terrace at other stadiums of the safe standing areas the spaces always looks slightly bigger than the seated area spaces and if that's right it's never going to happen at the Liberty in its current state.

Your spot on Daz regarding the space,ss is highly controlled with only a certain number of fans in each row from what I can understand.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 16:23 - Nov 29 with 4201 viewsDarran

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 16:16 - Nov 29 by tomdickharry

Your spot on Daz regarding the space,ss is highly controlled with only a certain number of fans in each row from what I can understand.

Thought so Ed.

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 16:48 - Nov 29 with 4168 viewsairedale

We've got to replace unsafe standing with safe standing. Sooner rather than later too. Some people prefer it as it adds to their match day experience.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 17:12 - Nov 29 with 4149 viewstomdickharry

It may well be that if controlled SS were to be introduced then no other standing would be allowed in the stadium.
Login to get fewer ads

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 17:40 - Nov 29 with 4110 viewsWingstandwood

An effective crowd control system/stadia design would make standing perfectly safe IMO. Using outside stadia barrier filtration, CCTV, stewards, police, all ticket entry and turnstiles that shut upon overcapacity would prevent a Hillsborough. If supporters are sensibly corralled in safe volume of number there should no danger.

Also a segregating-pen fencing system should be a complete and utter no-no because it does not act as a pressure/crush release and can actually do the complete opposite i.e. cause a crush. All standing areas should be completely unfenced and open from one side to another.

Argus!

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:01 - Nov 29 with 4084 viewsClinton

Whisper it, but some of us stand already...sshhhhhhh.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:35 - Nov 29 with 4054 viewsjojaca

I stand all day in work, I want to sit down to watch the footie. From a scenic point of view, safe standing area's make the stadium look ugly.

Even when you know, you never know?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 19:35 - Nov 29 with 4000 viewsairedale

Thinking about it, I wonder how the PTB would ensure that only a certain amount of people would be allowed into the SS area?
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 3955 viewssherpajacob

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 19:35 - Nov 29 by airedale

Thinking about it, I wonder how the PTB would ensure that only a certain amount of people would be allowed into the SS area?

My understanding is that you're ticket still has a block, row and seat(place) number on it. Just there is no seat and a barrier or rail in front, so you stay in the same place, just standing up.

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 3951 viewssherpajacob

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 21:43 - Nov 30 with 3797 viewsBryanSwan

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 14:42 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

Would love it.

Hate sitting through the games, but you need to at the Liberty at the moment with kids being behind you etc (great to see the younger lot at the games by the way), an area of standing would be great for atmosphere aswell.

Yeh same here, dont know why but it feels like youre more involved standing. Yeh with kids or people unable to stand it is a bit unfair. A few times at away games ive swapped with people behind me just so i could stand.

If it changed would really help as itd be just a standing area, everyone would know beforehand

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 22:03 - Nov 30 with 3787 viewsBigPhilG

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:04 - Nov 29 by sherpajacob

Absolutely, bring it in.

East upper, asbo corner is obvious place to start.

Bloomin cheek that's where I am
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 08:33 - Dec 1 with 3713 viewsDevz00

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 20:31 - Nov 29 by sherpajacob

My understanding is that you're ticket still has a block, row and seat(place) number on it. Just there is no seat and a barrier or rail in front, so you stay in the same place, just standing up.

Correct. I'm not sure if they are slightly larger or not in terms of space but it works in the same way as it does now. We'd still have a designated space to stand instead of sit. Some clubs use foldaway seats in each space as well, so the option to sit is still there.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 10:09 - Dec 1 with 3679 viewsJackFish

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 08:33 - Dec 1 by Devz00

Correct. I'm not sure if they are slightly larger or not in terms of space but it works in the same way as it does now. We'd still have a designated space to stand instead of sit. Some clubs use foldaway seats in each space as well, so the option to sit is still there.

It's currently set up as 1:1 to the seating, so there would be no loss of capacity. Because UEFA don't allow terraces in the CL/EL clubs would presumably go for the rail seats which can be altered depending on the game.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 12:35 - Dec 1 with 3636 viewsDafyddHuw

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 16:16 - Nov 29 by tomdickharry

Yes, this is to make it super-safe, so that politicians can have less objection.

I'd love to stand. It's not football when you have to sit.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:23 - Dec 1 with 3559 viewsJBT95

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 15:48 - Nov 29 by Darran

Doesn't have to mean you have to allow extra people in, can just replace a seat for one standing spot, so that the capacity is the same.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 3556 viewsDarran

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:23 - Dec 1 by JBT95

Doesn't have to mean you have to allow extra people in, can just replace a seat for one standing spot, so that the capacity is the same.

I didn't say that FFS.

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 3551 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:23 - Dec 1 by JBT95

Why would the stadium management company or club spend millions renovating the stadium when it doesn't increase the capacity?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 3552 viewsJBT95

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:24 - Dec 1 by Darran

I didn't say that FFS.

So why wouldn't it happen at the Liberty 'the way it is now'?
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 3549 viewsJBT95

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why would the stadium management company or club spend millions renovating the stadium when it doesn't increase the capacity?

Spending millions? It's only minor alterations. Celtic just did it to Celtic Park with no increase in capacity.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 18:26]
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 3547 viewsDarran

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 by JBT95

So why wouldn't it happen at the Liberty 'the way it is now'?

Read my post again you div.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024