Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow off in Jan? 15:43 - Nov 29 with 9246 viewsLegend83

Speculation/in-the-know on another site that Barrow is being sold against his wishes in Jan.

Good or bad?

Given our history of replacing players with lesser quality, we'll be bringing Gorre back from Northampton...
Barrow off in Jan? on 15:44 - Nov 29 with 6706 viewswestwalesed

This would be terrible. His final ball sometimes lacks but he scares the cr*p out of full backs with his pace alone.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Barrow off in Jan? on 15:45 - Nov 29 with 6692 viewspencoedjack

Dyers fit that will probably be his replacement
Barrow off in Jan? on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 6657 viewsShonky

Its just a ride...

Barrow off in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 29 with 6646 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bradley has singled out Barrow for his talent and potential perhaps as much as anyone on the club. I believe he has started every match since Bob arrived*, despite the fact he still needs to improve in some areas.

No way he's sold against his wishes, unless the Board is so awful and uncaring about staying up that they are willing to undermine our manager.

*Edit - he didn't start the ManU loss, but he came on at halftime and we played much better. In short, this is complete BS.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 15:58]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barrow off in Jan? on 15:56 - Nov 29 with 6622 viewsPegojack

I find that hard to believe. If that happened, it would eliminate any doubt that we have been taken over by asset strippers.
Barrow off in Jan? on 15:59 - Nov 29 with 6596 viewsunion_jack

Barrow off in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Bradley has singled out Barrow for his talent and potential perhaps as much as anyone on the club. I believe he has started every match since Bob arrived*, despite the fact he still needs to improve in some areas.

No way he's sold against his wishes, unless the Board is so awful and uncaring about staying up that they are willing to undermine our manager.

*Edit - he didn't start the ManU loss, but he came on at halftime and we played much better. In short, this is complete BS.

Alternatively, he may be putting him in the shop window?

Bloody well hope not.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:10 - Nov 29 with 6534 viewsLegend83

Playing devils advocate, he needs to start delivering assists and goals to his locker - it's no good scaring the cr*p out of full-backs with pace if they know your final ball is unlikely to come to anything.
Barrow off in Jan? on 16:12 - Nov 29 with 6522 viewstomdickharry

Pure speculation.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:33 - Nov 29 with 6450 viewsDyfnant

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:10 - Nov 29 by Legend83

Playing devils advocate, he needs to start delivering assists and goals to his locker - it's no good scaring the cr*p out of full-backs with pace if they know your final ball is unlikely to come to anything.

Our alternatives are shit/non existent

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:36 - Nov 29 with 6431 viewsstid

15M and he is gone , be mad to turn that down
Barrow off in Jan? on 16:36 - Nov 29 with 6430 viewsLegend83

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:33 - Nov 29 by Dyfnant

Our alternatives are shit/non existent

A succint and fair reposte.
Barrow off in Jan? on 16:57 - Nov 29 with 6342 viewscrix

i think you pretty much called it in that post.
Barrow off in Jan? on 16:58 - Nov 29 with 6334 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sold against his wishes?

He can't be forced to sign a contract at another club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:59 - Nov 29 with 6321 viewsblueytheblue

Well, he'd be bigging him up if he was told to raise his profile to maximise transfer fee, wouldn't he?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Barrow off in Jan? on 17:01 - Nov 29 with 6311 viewsLegend83

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:58 - Nov 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Sold against his wishes?

He can't be forced to sign a contract at another club.

Sorry my wording was poor.

The message was he will be put up for sale, doesn't want to go but Jenkins is discussing with him and his agent.

Not my own speculation, just passing on what I read elsewhere.
Barrow off in Jan? on 17:05 - Nov 29 with 6285 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barrow off in Jan? on 16:59 - Nov 29 by blueytheblue

Well, he'd be bigging him up if he was told to raise his profile to maximise transfer fee, wouldn't he?

Funny - whenever a player is left out of the lineup (like Borja on Saturday), the negative ones call it evidence that we're protecting him from injury so we can sell him.

Yet when a player gets a lot of playing time, it's because we are showing him off to the market.

What amount of playing time, exactly, makes it look like we're NOT trying to sell a player?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barrow off in Jan? on 17:11 - Nov 29 with 6251 viewscrix

Barrow off in Jan? on 17:05 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Funny - whenever a player is left out of the lineup (like Borja on Saturday), the negative ones call it evidence that we're protecting him from injury so we can sell him.

Yet when a player gets a lot of playing time, it's because we are showing him off to the market.

What amount of playing time, exactly, makes it look like we're NOT trying to sell a player?

exactly!
some will see conspiracy in everything just for the sake of it.
Barrow off in Jan? on 17:45 - Nov 29 with 6134 viewsicecoldjack

I can see him being sold, but I can't see him sold against his wishes.

If somebody came in offering him double wages he'd be off quicker than you can say 'taking us to the next level'

If it's £15m upwards then bye bye barrow and thanks for all the missing hit crosses .
Barrow off in Jan? on 17:58 - Nov 29 with 6076 viewsWxmJax

Watching him on Saturday he just looks lost quite a lot of the time. He has the Montero disease of just standing on the line. With his pace we should be looking at putting the ball over the top for him to run on to but apart from one occasion, the ball was always played to his feet. He doesn't seem to have a footballer's brain either on running in to space or making the correct pass. Frustrating.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:07 - Nov 29 with 6045 views34dfgdf54

Barrow off in Jan? on 17:58 - Nov 29 by WxmJax

Watching him on Saturday he just looks lost quite a lot of the time. He has the Montero disease of just standing on the line. With his pace we should be looking at putting the ball over the top for him to run on to but apart from one occasion, the ball was always played to his feet. He doesn't seem to have a footballer's brain either on running in to space or making the correct pass. Frustrating.

He frightened the life out of Palace.
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:17 - Nov 29 with 6002 viewsblueytheblue

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:07 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

He frightened the life out of Palace.

Stripey Nigels have now lost six in a row.

I suspect I'd frighten the life out of Palarse.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 5989 views34dfgdf54

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:17 - Nov 29 by blueytheblue

Stripey Nigels have now lost six in a row.

I suspect I'd frighten the life out of Palarse.

Points are hard to come by in the premier league Bluey, as you more than most know about.
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:29 - Nov 29 with 5952 viewsMurph75

Barrow off in Jan? on 17:58 - Nov 29 by WxmJax

That's because he is. Watch him when he gets the ball. The lad has no idea what he's going to do with it.

The sad thing is it we can't take advantage of ripping someone off by selling him for 15mil because we won't reinvest in the playing side if the summer is anything to go by.
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:44 - Nov 29 with 5890 viewsbazzool

After hearing this news now im bloody convinced huw is wanting to get back into the championship , why sell barrow ffs , sell f$$$$$g huw i say, whats he done lately thats good, faaaack all like
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:46 - Nov 29 with 5879 viewskarnataka

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:29 - Nov 29 by Murph75

That's because he is. Watch him when he gets the ball. The lad has no idea what he's going to do with it.

The sad thing is it we can't take advantage of ripping someone off by selling him for 15mil because we won't reinvest in the playing side if the summer is anything to go by.

But surely that's what coaching is all about. You assess a players good and bad points then work on his bad points while you make use of his good points to the team's advantage. If Barrow's natural default is to wait for the ball, then it's the coaching team's job, no duty, to teach him to make the runs in behind the fullback to benefit the team rather than just accept the player's default. It's the same with Jeff, he hardly ever makes those runs either. Two of the quickest wingers in the league and we don't know how to get the best out of them and improve them? WTF?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024