Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow off in Jan? 15:43 - Nov 29 with 9247 viewsLegend83

Speculation/in-the-know on another site that Barrow is being sold against his wishes in Jan.

Good or bad?

Given our history of replacing players with lesser quality, we'll be bringing Gorre back from Northampton...
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:55 - Nov 29 with 1864 viewsMurph75

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:46 - Nov 29 by karnataka

But surely that's what coaching is all about. You assess a players good and bad points then work on his bad points while you make use of his good points to the team's advantage. If Barrow's natural default is to wait for the ball, then it's the coaching team's job, no duty, to teach him to make the runs in behind the fullback to benefit the team rather than just accept the player's default. It's the same with Jeff, he hardly ever makes those runs either. Two of the quickest wingers in the league and we don't know how to get the best out of them and improve them? WTF?

Barrow just isnt up to this level. He's not got a footballing brain. No matter how much coaching the lad has if he's not got the quickness of mind to make a decision when receipt of the ball he's stuffed.
Barrow off in Jan? on 18:56 - Nov 29 with 1862 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:44 - Nov 29 by bazzool

After hearing this news now im bloody convinced huw is wanting to get back into the championship , why sell barrow ffs , sell f$$$$$g huw i say, whats he done lately thats good, faaaack all like

Yes, and all the new owners want that too, because they hate money.

However, they are also afraid of fire, so blowing all their millions on a football club to watch in become almost worthless was a better option for them than setting their cash on fire.

None of this makes the least bit of rational sense.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 1848 viewsjasper_T

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:46 - Nov 29 by karnataka

But surely that's what coaching is all about. You assess a players good and bad points then work on his bad points while you make use of his good points to the team's advantage. If Barrow's natural default is to wait for the ball, then it's the coaching team's job, no duty, to teach him to make the runs in behind the fullback to benefit the team rather than just accept the player's default. It's the same with Jeff, he hardly ever makes those runs either. Two of the quickest wingers in the league and we don't know how to get the best out of them and improve them? WTF?

Some players can't learn.

The modern game is as intense mentally as it is physically, and many footballers are thick as pigsht. If they don't have the instinct for it and aren't bright enough to make up the difference there's not a lot anyone but the best coaches can do to compensate (and we've hardly been appointing the best coaches recently).
Barrow off in Jan? on 19:10 - Nov 29 with 1830 viewsswan_si

Barrow off in Jan? on 18:44 - Nov 29 by bazzool

After hearing this news now im bloody convinced huw is wanting to get back into the championship , why sell barrow ffs , sell f$$$$$g huw i say, whats he done lately thats good, faaaack all like

it's not news yet, just "in the know/speculation".
Barrow off in Jan? on 19:14 - Nov 29 with 1827 viewsbazzool

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:00 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

Some players can't learn.

The modern game is as intense mentally as it is physically, and many footballers are thick as pigsht. If they don't have the instinct for it and aren't bright enough to make up the difference there's not a lot anyone but the best coaches can do to compensate (and we've hardly been appointing the best coaches recently).

Thats spot on, sometimes i dont think of the thought that has to go into good gameplay,but football these days is a technical business and as u said some footballers r thick as pigsht and if u havnt got the brain to work out where or what u should do then i suppose selling up is the only option
Barrow off in Jan? on 19:38 - Nov 29 with 1781 viewsymaohyd

I'll be surprised if he goes in Jan.

He will be gone in the summer if we go down and that is to be expected. He may even go if we stay up. That's the nature of the beast, we may well get offers in Jan or reported offers, again that's part of the game, little if anything anyone can do about that.

He has huge potential, as a young player it's a shame he's playing in a relegation threatened team as it may curtail his development this season.

Just hope he plays out of his skin for the rest of the season and what ever happens will allow us to coin it if it comes to that.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:43 - Nov 29 with 1761 viewsMurph75

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:38 - Nov 29 by ymaohyd

I'll be surprised if he goes in Jan.

He will be gone in the summer if we go down and that is to be expected. He may even go if we stay up. That's the nature of the beast, we may well get offers in Jan or reported offers, again that's part of the game, little if anything anyone can do about that.

He has huge potential, as a young player it's a shame he's playing in a relegation threatened team as it may curtail his development this season.

Just hope he plays out of his skin for the rest of the season and what ever happens will allow us to coin it if it comes to that.

He's 24. That's not young
Barrow off in Jan? on 20:00 - Nov 29 with 1731 viewsblueytheblue

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:43 - Nov 29 by Murph75

Indeed. That's firmly sh*t or get of the pot time.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

Barrow off in Jan? on 20:03 - Nov 29 with 1722 viewsjasper_T

Barrow off in Jan? on 19:43 - Nov 29 by Murph75

He's also not got huge potential, and isn't good enough for where we want to be let alone a better side.
Barrow off in Jan? on 20:07 - Nov 29 with 1713 viewsMurph75

Barrow off in Jan? on 20:03 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

He's also not got huge potential, and isn't good enough for where we want to be let alone a better side.

He's only in the team because we have no one else.
Barrow off in Jan? on 20:51 - Nov 29 with 1676 viewsnyc_swans

Barrow off in Jan? on 20:07 - Nov 29 by Murph75

He's only in the team because we have no one else.

agree

if he could actually fetch 15M and they plan to spend at least half of that on a winger with a more complete skillset i would have no problem whatsoever seeing him go.
Barrow off in Jan? on 21:24 - Nov 29 with 1628 viewsLoyal

I'm serious when I say this, January is the last chance these fckrs will have to prove themselves as investors and not asset strippers. People will explode if they fail. If the likes of Barrow move on they will have to as well. It won't be safe for them to operate a business, and I genuinely believe this. People are sitting back now, but I think come January if it's looking the same as always with Huw bumbling around looking for shit then the home fires will burn.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Barrow off in Jan? on 21:42 - Nov 29 with 1600 viewsdameedna

Speculating that there will be interest in Barrow. Add Siggurdson and Montero to the list. I think also Fernández, Amat and Taylor. Possibly Ki. Certainly Baston. These players could command a decent transfer fee.

Depends on results in the next few weeks. Continue on 2 points a game and steady as she goes. One point a game and it will be a clear out.
Barrow off in Jan? on 21:52 - Nov 29 with 1583 viewsharryhpalmer

Barrow off in Jan? on 21:24 - Nov 29 by Loyal

I'm serious when I say this, January is the last chance these fckrs will have to prove themselves as investors and not asset strippers. People will explode if they fail. If the likes of Barrow move on they will have to as well. It won't be safe for them to operate a business, and I genuinely believe this. People are sitting back now, but I think come January if it's looking the same as always with Huw bumbling around looking for shit then the home fires will burn.

I've heard the former owners all have bodyguards with them when they are out and about in public.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Barrow off in Jan? on 21:54 - Nov 29 with 1571 viewswaynekerr55

Barrow off in Jan? on 21:52 - Nov 29 by harryhpalmer

I've heard the former owners all have bodyguards with them when they are out and about in public.

Really?

I'm surprised Dineen hasn't tried to eat his.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Barrow off in Jan? on 23:37 - Nov 29 with 1235 viewsDyfnant

Perhaps we could persuade Everton to spunk £27M on him

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Barrow off in Jan? on 23:45 - Nov 29 with 1217 viewsMurph75

Barrow off in Jan? on 23:37 - Nov 29 by Dyfnant

Perhaps we could persuade Everton to spunk £27M on him

Shouldn't be that hard.
Barrow off in Jan? on 21:49 - Nov 30 with 1091 viewsBryanSwan

Simultaneously the most exciting and frustrating player we have. Can beat a man hands down, then shank a cross/shot into row Z.
No point in having the speed or tricks if there is no end product, thought when he got a goal last year Vs Bournemouth he would kick on. But nothing has changed with him.
Anywhere close to 15m and it should be seriously considered

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Barrow off in Jan? on 22:04 - Nov 30 with 1068 viewsLeonWasGod

Barrow off in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Bradley has singled out Barrow for his talent and potential perhaps as much as anyone on the club. I believe he has started every match since Bob arrived*, despite the fact he still needs to improve in some areas.

No way he's sold against his wishes, unless the Board is so awful and uncaring about staying up that they are willing to undermine our manager.

*Edit - he didn't start the ManU loss, but he came on at halftime and we played much better. In short, this is complete BS.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 15:58]

I read that as against Barrow's wishes, not Bob's. You're right though in that I'd be surprised to see Bob let him go. Everyone has their price though sadly.
Barrow off in Jan? on 22:12 - Nov 30 with 1055 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barrow off in Jan? on 22:04 - Nov 30 by LeonWasGod

I read that as against Barrow's wishes, not Bob's. You're right though in that I'd be surprised to see Bob let him go. Everyone has their price though sadly.

Yeah, sorry my overuse of pronouns made that a little unclear. I meant Barrow's by "his," but Bradley also likes him and would surely hate to see him go. It would clearly be a case of undermining our manager, and I don't think they'll do that at this critical stage.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barrow off in Jan? on 22:23 - Nov 30 with 1037 viewsLoyal

Barrow off in Jan? on 21:52 - Nov 29 by harryhpalmer

That's a matter for their own personal choice. The fact they are doing that tells folk they know they did wrong and realise the wrath of those as a result.
Pretty damning.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Barrow off in Jan? on 04:02 - Dec 1 with 972 viewsdeanscfc

Can't believe people are writing off one of our most attacking players. Anyone who wants him sold had better come up with a damn good replacememt because without him we are going down.
Barrow off in Jan? on 05:10 - Dec 1 with 960 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barrow off in Jan? on 04:02 - Dec 1 by deanscfc

Can't believe people are writing off one of our most attacking players. Anyone who wants him sold had better come up with a damn good replacememt because without him we are going down.

Exactly.

And let's not forget, we got him from the SECOND level of freaking Swedish football.

Can anyone name a single player currently in the Championship of Swedeball? How about a club??

Going forward, we can't expect to keep pulling Modou Barrow's out of literally nowhere. I don't know how you put a price on that kind of luck anymore, in a PL that is only going to get harder to compete within. Unless there are internal, personal circumstances with Barrow himself that ever force our hand, we need to hang on to his ass and see how much better he can get.

Barrow off in Jan? on 06:32 - Dec 1 with 929 viewsdameedna

Barrrow is a good player but for 15 million he goes in Jan.
Cant hold down a player like that as 15 big uns also means signing club is offering more wodge and agent will swoon.
He is 24 so now would be his time.
Hope he stays but by Mohammed I have enjoyed his ballsout approach and wish him all the best.
One thing I will say is Bob is managing him. Might have to bend over for leviens truncheon but as we all know corporatisation is the metaphorical lenghtening of one mans shadow.
Barrow off in Jan? on 07:18 - Dec 1 with 909 viewsjack247

This is Ashley Williams all over again. If we sell him and replace wth a better winger, which should be quite straightforward with £15m, it's a no brainer.

If, as in the summer, we sell him and either replace him on the cheap or not at all, we are shooting ourselves in the foot again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024