Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead 23:25 - Dec 5 with 2755 viewsStarsky

The Walking Dead was entertaining for 5 or 6 seasons...

Negans taken over and is asset stripping Alexandria every week...

Rick and his team are just taking it up the arse with no fight left in them...

Week by week it's harder to watch it all falling apart right before my very eyes...

Sound familiar?

I'm gonna give up on TWD until Negans gone... feeling just like that about SCAFC

It's just the internet, init.

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 23:30 - Dec 5 with 2746 viewsDarran

It's impossible to give up on either but I get your drift.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 23:34 - Dec 5 with 2730 viewsblueytheblue

Problem with that comparison is you're fully missing the point about Negan / Rick.

The Negan / Rick situation isn't something that gets resolved instantly. Without spoiling it, there's a long way to go in that story arc. And if you"give up" till Negan goes, you're a) going to miss a hell of a lot and b) you'll be missing a bucketload of episodes - maybe a few series.

Regan / Rick is a long term game.

Sound familiar?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 23:44 - Dec 5 with 2695 viewsJack_Kass

You've only got a week left until the season takes a break, until March.

Swans have probably only got one game left until their season is over as well.

Both seasons will be partially over in one weeks time.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 00:59 - Dec 6 with 2628 viewsJethroJack

Don't give up just yet, hang in there....you never know, Michone or Rosita or Carl to the rescue?
Or maybe even Lucille....in the right hands, of course.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 1:01]
Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 05:58 - Dec 6 with 2540 viewsshandyjack

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 00:59 - Dec 6 by JethroJack

Don't give up just yet, hang in there....you never know, Michone or Rosita or Carl to the rescue?
Or maybe even Lucille....in the right hands, of course.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 1:01]

Carl is my JVZ,sooner he pisses off from the story forever the better. Cocky c****

Poll: Expectation for the season

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 06:21 - Dec 6 with 2528 viewsStarsky

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 05:58 - Dec 6 by shandyjack

Carl is my JVZ,sooner he pisses off from the story forever the better. Cocky c****

Rick aka Phil sumbler wouldn't be happy with that

It's just the internet, init.

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 20:25 - Dec 6 with 2323 viewsItchySphincter

I quite liked the bit where Glen's eye popped out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 20:39 - Dec 6 with 2298 viewsBirchgrovejack

Funny as its the worst season of WD to date and also the worst season of swans prem football to date,
hopefully it will follow suit as we all know by the end of the WD season it will take a massive swing in favour of ricks group.
Login to get fewer ads

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 20:55 - Dec 6 with 2270 viewsblueytheblue

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 20:39 - Dec 6 by Birchgrovejack

Funny as its the worst season of WD to date and also the worst season of swans prem football to date,
hopefully it will follow suit as we all know by the end of the WD season it will take a massive swing in favour of ricks group.

Always interested to know why people think it's the worst series of TWD.

Negan is a cult character who has basically shaken them out of their sleepy, dreamy existence where everything goes well... shown them that times have changed, there's always someone bigger, badder around.

it might take more than a season to resolve Negan...

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 19:38 - Dec 7 with 2100 viewsBirchgrovejack

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 20:55 - Dec 6 by blueytheblue

Always interested to know why people think it's the worst series of TWD.

Negan is a cult character who has basically shaken them out of their sleepy, dreamy existence where everything goes well... shown them that times have changed, there's always someone bigger, badder around.

it might take more than a season to resolve Negan...

I just find this season a bit boring,
I understand Negan is supposed to be this really nutty bad guy and the worse to date, but the pace of the show is slow and there's hardly any action because they feel the need to emphasize this in most episdoes, so far. I understand they are setting up the bigger picture, which works in comic form, but on tv it makes for boring watching IMO.
I have a feeling it may last a few seasons also.
Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 21:15 - Dec 7 with 2069 viewsblueytheblue

Following the Swans is like watching the walking dead on 19:38 - Dec 7 by Birchgrovejack

I just find this season a bit boring,
I understand Negan is supposed to be this really nutty bad guy and the worse to date, but the pace of the show is slow and there's hardly any action because they feel the need to emphasize this in most episdoes, so far. I understand they are setting up the bigger picture, which works in comic form, but on tv it makes for boring watching IMO.
I have a feeling it may last a few seasons also.

Ironically, the TV adaptation has actually set up the bigger picture better than the comic form.

Take the Governor for one. Aside from looking a bit like Dazzer, it was plain from his first appearance in the graphic novel he was a psycho - having Rick's hand cut off. Pretty one-dimensional; the TV version was far more nuanced.

The reason there's little action so far is simply because there isn't much Rick's group can do. It's also taking the time to establish numerous issues - for example Rick dealing with the reality that his actions have consequences for the group as a whole. Does he still have control of the group? Having found other communities... there's a lot to deal with.

There's lots more I'd love to say but don't want to spoil it for anyone - the TV series does seem to be following the graphic novel a lot more these days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024