Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's lovely 16:18 - Dec 6 with 1819 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Much needed in Cardiff, lets hope they havn't over looked other ports in Wales!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-38218952
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 16:20]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ther'es lovely on 16:19 - Dec 6 with 1813 viewsDarran

What?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ther'es lovely on 16:21 - Dec 6 with 1805 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ther'es lovely on 16:19 - Dec 6 by Darran

What?

oh aye

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

There's lovely on 16:42 - Dec 6 with 1764 viewsNogginthenog

Good on them
There's lovely on 16:51 - Dec 6 with 1743 viewsmax936

Another target for China when War on them is declared.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

There's lovely on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 1636 viewsdickythorpe

What a terrible choice of venue!!!
There's lovely on 18:21 - Dec 6 with 1625 viewsmax936

There's lovely on 18:18 - Dec 6 by dickythorpe

What a terrible choice of venue!!!

Nah Cardiff's the Capital mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

There's lovely on 19:58 - Dec 6 with 1497 viewsdickythorpe

There's lovely on 18:21 - Dec 6 by max936

Nah Cardiff's the Capital mun.

Boo hiss!!!
There's lovely on 22:19 - Dec 6 with 1418 viewsKilkennyjack

In our independent Cymru we will turn this into a huge Gareth Bale theme park.
Or Derek the Weatherman if Balo does not agree to our onerous financial terms.
👏🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

There's lovely on 22:36 - Dec 6 with 1392 viewsPrivate_Partz

Despite the hilarity this is just another example of investment into Cardiff. How do these projects come about? Did the RN approach WAG and they looked out the window and said 'we have got just the place'. Did they offer any incentives for them to house this development in Cardiff docks?
Did the RN speak to Ports all over the country and the mega ambitious Cardiffians came out on top?
There are many sites around Wales and the rest if the UK that would have benefited from this set up and most of them in deprived ares which can certainly not be said for Cardiff Bay.
I see that Associated British Ports are involved again and their alleged dodgy dealings in the past have been documented in relation to Cardiff Bay in general.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

There's lovely on 22:44 - Dec 6 with 1369 viewsBanosswan

There's lovely on 22:36 - Dec 6 by Private_Partz

Despite the hilarity this is just another example of investment into Cardiff. How do these projects come about? Did the RN approach WAG and they looked out the window and said 'we have got just the place'. Did they offer any incentives for them to house this development in Cardiff docks?
Did the RN speak to Ports all over the country and the mega ambitious Cardiffians came out on top?
There are many sites around Wales and the rest if the UK that would have benefited from this set up and most of them in deprived ares which can certainly not be said for Cardiff Bay.
I see that Associated British Ports are involved again and their alleged dodgy dealings in the past have been documented in relation to Cardiff Bay in general.

It's the naval reserves. It's indicative of Cardiff that they just want the word and prestige associatedwith the navy, but when you peel it back it's relatively Mickey mouse.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

There's lovely on 23:29 - Dec 6 with 1332 viewsPrivate_Partz

There's lovely on 22:44 - Dec 6 by Banosswan

It's the naval reserves. It's indicative of Cardiff that they just want the word and prestige associatedwith the navy, but when you peel it back it's relatively Mickey mouse.

Indeed you could be right. I know very little about the Naval Reserve. It is just the decision making process behind if all that baffles me. Cardiff would want the prestige but so would many other areas.
Be it entertainment, sporting, Public sector, Private Sector. Third Sector. It all goes to the SE. Many will tell you it is the political ambition of Cardiff and the lack of it elsewhere. I can't believe that. It has to be a concerted effort and the responsibility for that lies with WAG and carreer politicians throughout Wales keeping schtum to improve their own standing within Welsh Labour.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

There's lovely on 23:55 - Dec 6 with 1310 viewsSnakePlissken

ITs a new place for hms Cambria....currently based in sully, which is basically cardiff area. Its nothing special. Nce addition to cardiff bay though, which is begining to sell itself
There's lovely on 00:47 - Dec 7 with 1280 viewsBigPhilG

At least when we're out of the EU they'll get bugger all funding too the greedy bastards
There's lovely on 07:39 - Dec 7 with 1208 viewsPrivate_Partz

There's lovely on 00:47 - Dec 7 by BigPhilG

At least when we're out of the EU they'll get bugger all funding too the greedy bastards

Indeed but what little scraps are left will still go to Cardiff. The valleys were the turkeys voting for Christmas.
Out friendly Cardiffian admits the 'Bay' is 'starting to sell itself' which suggests it had, and still is, getting a shore horn from WAG.

There's lovely on 07:57 - Dec 7 with 1192 viewswestside

The other week there was a couple of million for a museum at Cardiff bay train station and now this.

You wonder what more things they can dream up to throw more money at the place ?
There's lovely on 08:28 - Dec 7 with 1174 viewsSwanzay

Carwen's off to ask for funding for this as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-38228112

WAG are so Cardiff centric its beyond a joke and has been for many years.
There's lovely on 09:46 - Dec 7 with 1132 viewsraynor94

There's lovely on 22:36 - Dec 6 by Private_Partz

Perhaps it's a case of Cardiff Coucil putting themselves forward, when was the the last time you heard Stewart, James or Hedges trumpeting the case for Swansea,
And be fair would you trust the Council with any investment? look at the latest disaster that's unfolding on the Kingsway

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

There's lovely on 09:52 - Dec 7 with 1126 viewswestside

James and Hedges are like invisible AM's
There's lovely on 10:04 - Dec 7 with 1114 viewsSwanzay

There's lovely on 09:46 - Dec 7 by raynor94

Perhaps it's a case of Cardiff Coucil putting themselves forward, when was the the last time you heard Stewart, James or Hedges trumpeting the case for Swansea,
And be fair would you trust the Council with any investment? look at the latest disaster that's unfolding on the Kingsway

I wonder if this will ever come to fruition on just remain another artists impression.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-central-plans-for-st-david-s-dev
There's lovely on 10:08 - Dec 7 with 1111 viewsPrivate_Partz

There's lovely on 09:46 - Dec 7 by raynor94

You could be right. Perhaps Swansea and all the other Ports in the UK were either not invited or did not have a finger on the pulse to see this opportunity coming up. I think it is very likely no one else had a look in. I appreciate your point about the ineptitude of Councils. The Kingsway however is only 3m down the pan and could be going legal. Small fry compared to money spunked by WAG on Cardiff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024