Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" 05:40 - Dec 7 with 4826 viewsHalfBakedSwan

Yank perspective on Bobby's reign -

http://www.phillyvoice.com/swansea-city-bob-bradley-his-own-worst-enemy/

"The defense is porous, the players are soft, and the fans didn't exactly welcome their new head coach with open arms."

more or less
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 06:47 - Dec 7 with 3719 viewsKGriz16

The article says everything wrong with solutions imo
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 07:09 - Dec 7 with 3677 viewsGowerjack

I'd let this fella pick the team.

Seems to have a better take on it than the useless f*cker we're paying to do it at the moment.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 08:01 - Dec 7 with 3555 viewsjojaca

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 07:09 - Dec 7 by Gowerjack

Seems to have a better take on it than the useless f*cker we're paying to do it at the moment.

Sign him up.

Even when you know, you never know?

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 08:50 - Dec 7 with 3458 viewsSmellyplumz

Siggy is superb on restarts? Wtf

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:17 - Dec 7 with 3394 viewsLeonWasGod

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 08:50 - Dec 7 by Smellyplumz

Siggy is superb on restarts? Wtf

Free kicks innit
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:27 - Dec 7 with 3362 viewsmonmouth

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:17 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

Free kicks innit

Or kick offs. After all we're getting loads of practice.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:33 - Dec 7 with 3346 viewsjasper_T

"Swansea just doesn't have that stud No. 6" it's like a different language.
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:36 - Dec 7 with 3325 viewsJoe_bradshaw

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:33 - Dec 7 by jasper_T

He can't be saying that Alfie Mawson isn't a stud surely?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:39 - Dec 7 with 3314 viewsTheResurrection

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 07:09 - Dec 7 by Gowerjack

No. He's just got a sound grip on the problems in our weak squad and what Bradley's dealing with.

What he's not illustrated enough in this decent article is how completely ineffective our strikers have been.

I would play Borja Saturday and give him another chance. Have Siggy towards the left but in a more free role, Fer at 10 and Fulton and Leon or Cork holding. Leon as he's had a bit of time out and could come back fresh.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 3296 viewsLeonWasGod

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:33 - Dec 7 by jasper_T

I like "He's always been a coach who values defense, structure, and discipline, but this team just isn't built for that. They don't have that intangible American spirit that masks a lack of overall quality."

wtf? How come the same players managed to play with more structure and discipline before he took over then?

Intangible American spirit
There's someone else who's never seen us play before this season.
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 3296 viewswaynekerr55

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:39 - Dec 7 by TheResurrection

No. He's just got a sound grip on the problems in our weak squad and what Bradley's dealing with.

What he's not illustrated enough in this decent article is how completely ineffective our strikers have been.

I would play Borja Saturday and give him another chance. Have Siggy towards the left but in a more free role, Fer at 10 and Fulton and Leon or Cork holding. Leon as he's had a bit of time out and could come back fresh.

The Borja thing is baffling. Why hasn't he played?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:45 - Dec 7 with 3284 viewsperchrockjack

Homesickness ,apparently.

It's the new hamstring strain

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 10:24 - Dec 7 with 3174 viewsjacabertawe

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:45 - Dec 7 by perchrockjack

Homesickness ,apparently.

It's the new hamstring strain

Is Borja off already?!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spanish-side-working-sign-swansea-city-player-hes-just

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 10:34 - Dec 7 with 3148 viewsjack247

The terminology is bizarre, but other than that it looks like a reasonable assessment of where we are and what direction we should be taking.

Apart from the bit about playing Montero and Barrow together. Don't do that Bob.
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 10:45 - Dec 7 with 3120 viewsmonmouth

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 10:34 - Dec 7 by jack247

The terminology is bizarre, but other than that it looks like a reasonable assessment of where we are and what direction we should be taking.

Apart from the bit about playing Montero and Barrow together. Don't do that Bob.

I would be inclined to try Sigurdsson as the fetcher and carrier and get him in the game more by playing through him and giving him a few seconds more on the ball. Leave Fer at 10 (or maybe false 9 if we really really really must) so that his laziness is a bit less destructive and he can get in the box more often, and at least he might just head it.

Fulton and one of Cork or Leon - or maybe even Amat? - as dual DMs/distributors behind them to try and shore things up between the lines and to help cover the full backs (almost amusing writing that after Saturday......almost).

Bob's your auntie.

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 10:53 - Dec 7 with 3092 viewsWarwickHunt

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:27 - Dec 7 by monmouth

Or kick offs. After all we're getting loads of practice.

Perfect for those short instep passes they practised in training...
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 11:26 - Dec 7 with 3012 viewsTheResurrection

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:43 - Dec 7 by waynekerr55

The Borja thing is baffling. Why hasn't he played?

When he has played he's been pretty anonymous

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 11:30 - Dec 7 with 2993 viewscrix

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 11:26 - Dec 7 by TheResurrection

When he has played he's been pretty anonymous

theres a good reason for that, the ball rarely makes it out of our own half.
"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 13:36 - Dec 7 with 2818 viewsWatchman

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 09:39 - Dec 7 by TheResurrection

The only way the strikers become effective is by playing them,

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 13:36 - Dec 7 with 2817 viewsperchrockjack

If another striker goes after so few games summat is badly wrong.

If he wants to go, then simply let go for a profit and ALL the proceeds used to replace with proven quality.

Simple really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) on 14:22 - Dec 7 with 2757 viewsGlyn1

It's a good article, and his solution is the same as most people have been saying, i.e. start with a proper forward, move Syggi back behind him, and tell Fer either to defend or replace him with a defensive midfielder (which is a tough decision to drop our leading goalscorer).

But here's one for those people who like to correct spelling mistakes: in the article it says "Swansea is mediocre at best... Swansea has..." Should that be 'are' and 'have'?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 14:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 14:25 - Dec 7 with 2744 viewsmonmouth

(No subject) on 14:22 - Dec 7 by Glyn1

It's a good article, and his solution is the same as most people have been saying, i.e. start with a proper forward, move Syggi back behind him, and tell Fer either to defend or replace him with a defensive midfielder (which is a tough decision to drop our leading goalscorer).

But here's one for those people who like to correct spelling mistakes: in the article it says "Swansea is mediocre at best... Swansea has..." Should that be 'are' and 'have'?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 14:32]

No.

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 15:44 - Dec 7 with 2652 viewsNeiltheTaylor

1. Yes, unless he means the city as a single entity. He may have a point.

2. American usage. I had to get over it when drafting correspondence.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 16:05 - Dec 7 with 2635 viewsmonmouth

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 15:44 - Dec 7 by NeiltheTaylor

1. Yes, unless he means the city as a single entity. He may have a point.

2. American usage. I had to get over it when drafting correspondence.

Swansea City AFC is a single entity, if somewhat bipolar.

I agree it is used in common language a lot to encompass all the components. Swansea ('s team, manager, chairman, owners, coaches and tactics) are utter crud, but in narrow grammatical terms I doubt Swansea could ever be anything but singular. How about a financial answer? it's correct in form but not in substance?

I have no idea if I'm right of course, as O level English from Penlan is not compelling evidence, so I'm sure a better bus will be along in a minute.

"At Swansea City, Bob Bradley is his own worst enemy" on 20:50 - Dec 7 with 2436 viewsbarry_island

No he's not.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024