Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December 21:21 - Dec 9 with 12432 viewsMurph75

Hey all,

How we doing?

The supporters action group thought it would be a good idea to clarify our intentions before the meeting on the 19th of December.

Our main purpose of getting together is to raise awareness amongst the supporters (especially those who don’t frequent forums such as this) to what exactly is happening and has happened at boardroom level. Basically any action that we take at this point will be against the selling shareholders.

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

We wish to put this out too you all, as people do have different views, but for now at least this will be our agenda, which will be open to all suggestions to create a mandate towards the best possible way to move forward.

We will try to answer any questions you may have, but please at this time accept that no specific details will be revealed on public forums until a clear mandate has been set. We look forward to your support.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 21:41]
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:51 - Dec 10 with 2128 viewsraynor94

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:50 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

It was announced in one of the Trust meetings a while back.

Well the big nose git does need running out of town!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:52 - Dec 10 with 2128 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:47 - Dec 10 by skippyjack

We're pretty much doomed...

Morgan
Jenkins
Americans
Our Supporters Director are pretty much a clique chasing the American dream..

We are an irrelevance.. and in fairness to T2C.. he called it all spot on.. Swansea City FC was never a democratic institution in which the fans had any input.. it was all about personal gain from people in certain positions.

You can protest all you want.. but the sale of the club has been signed off by the supporters director.. you can waste trust funds, personal funds and get all the expertise in the world.. we were signed off.. it's too late to take any action..

Just watch the American dream go right down the swanee.. and it'll be us fans on the losing end unfortunately.

It's all too late.. We're in for a bumpy ride.. unless we can use our 21% shareholding properly.. and build up a significant war chest through fan donations to the trust to challenge decisions.. we're in the world of capital coorporation now.. Money talks.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 10:52]

It's never too late Skippy. I thought you had more fight in your belly than that.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 10:53]
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:52 - Dec 10 with 2126 viewsmax936

Are our owners over for todays match or are they cowering away in America, anyone know?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:55 - Dec 10 with 2119 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:52 - Dec 10 by max936

Are our owners over for todays match or are they cowering away in America, anyone know?

Out Christmas shopping with their wives is what I've heard
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:57 - Dec 10 with 2116 viewsmonmouth

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:36 - Dec 10 by Murph75

Thanks pencoed, I'm looking forward to sharing a pint with you.

There'll only be one pint to share around? That's not much of a marketing schpiel.

If we don't get ourselves out of the bottom three, I doubt we'll get anyone half way decent in January anyway. Why would they come here. Only Hull are in a worse state. Even Sundo looks more appealing and they'll pay more, whatever we pay, that's what they always do.

That's another reason we must win today and two from the next four. 18 points from 19 games is just about salvagable and can be sold to new recruits.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 11:03 - Dec 10 with 2103 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:57 - Dec 10 by monmouth

There'll only be one pint to share around? That's not much of a marketing schpiel.

If we don't get ourselves out of the bottom three, I doubt we'll get anyone half way decent in January anyway. Why would they come here. Only Hull are in a worse state. Even Sundo looks more appealing and they'll pay more, whatever we pay, that's what they always do.

That's another reason we must win today and two from the next four. 18 points from 19 games is just about salvagable and can be sold to new recruits.

Well I'm out on the Sunday so not sure if I'll be able to handle more than a pint the next day. Recovery nowadays takes a bit longer :-(
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 11:26 - Dec 10 with 2081 viewsmax936

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:55 - Dec 10 by Murph75

Out Christmas shopping with their wives is what I've heard

They tell me New York's nice this time of year.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 11:29 - Dec 10 with 2075 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 11:26 - Dec 10 by max936

They tell me New York's nice this time of year.

Cracking omelettes.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 12:09 - Dec 10 with 2018 viewsunion_jack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:57 - Dec 10 by epaul

Awesome effort lads, living in London and work on a Sat so dont get to very many home games, but you got my full backing, its time to show these f*ckers who the club belongs to

Just remember

#donotgogently

Brilliant hash tag Paul.

Can I propose the Action Group adopt it as their own.

#donotgogently

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 12:14 - Dec 10 with 2008 viewsPURe_Evil

If you think the Americans (who are just the front men btw) didn't do extensive amounts of research before buying the club you are more naive than imaginable.

These are top top, American business men, and people think they have been outsmarted by the lengendary f*ckwit bankrupt business man that is Huw Jenkins?

This is exactly why they kept HJ and co on, so that they could take all the flack.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 12:26 - Dec 10 with 1991 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:18 - Dec 10 by MyFinalHeaven

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club."

I don't agree with this. At at all.

Levien, Kaplan, Jenkins, and all the former shareholders are a common enemy. They're in cahoots with one another and it is Levien and Kaplan who have not only allowed Jenkins to stay on with his exorbitant salary but as the authoritative chairman and de facto Director of Football. Because Kaplan and Levien have stuff to tend to themselves and have both humbly admitted that they know fvck all about football, with Kaplan being the principal of a billion dollar asset management fund (Oaktree Capital) and Levien being an NBA agent, they have largely deferred to Jenkins and allowed him to do whatever he wants. So far, the only thing they've really done in terms of major decision making is appointing Bob Bradley. Which of course, was absolutely ridiculous and not okay.

To appoint Bradley and use our club as nothing more than a springboard to exploit the American market for football is downright insulting. Indeed, even Bob Bradley and Landon Donovan themselves could not keep quiet what the true intentions of his appointment were about, with both expressing what a "big opportunity" this is for American soccer. Meanwhile, Levien, seemingly unaware that his consultant and investment group partner Donovan has already spilled the beans, continues to spout bullsh*t in our match programmes about how Bradley wasn't appointed because of his nationality but by merit.

Then there's the issue of the fact that they have still not invested a single cent into our club.

These new owners are as scummy as they get, and they deserve as much vitriol and condemnation as that cvnt Jenkins does. Since they've become the owners, they have done nothing except lie, lie, and lie some more. They've spent more money on PR professionals than they have on the playing squad. Just look at some of the things these cretins have said after the takeover was completed:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term"

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

""The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Just look at this drivel. It really beggars belief, doesn't it?

To only target only Jenkins and the former shareholders is wrong. Make no mistake--Kaplan and Levien are just as bad if not worse. Like those that sold us down the river, they're only in it for one thing, and that's the money.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 3:43]

This
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 12:26 - Dec 10 with 1990 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:30 - Dec 10 by FerrieBodde

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

this is bloody ridiculous. you're playing exactly into those scumbags' hands. how in the world do you not feel any ill will and intend to take any action towards those who have 1) done nothing but driven our club into the ground since they've taken over 2) allowed Jenkins, Morgan, and Dineen to stay on, with plans to appoint that last one back on the board 3) appointed an absolute clown of a manager that has turned us into the laughing stock of the league and 4) continues to backtrack on their promise to work with the trust, downright refusing to do so or even allow them to be in any way meaningfully involved

there is no way i can support this if you do not target the new owners. to say "to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club" is ridiculous when precisely the opposite is true. it's about fvcking time we took action against the Americans
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 5:25]

And this even more
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 12:30 - Dec 10 with 1984 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:08 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

Apparently the Americans were told by HJ not to approach the Trust.

So where was their moral compass when they agreed to it? Was this done for the benefit of the club and the team and the fans? Or just for the sellouts? And why did the yanks think that this was an OK thing to go along with?

And you still want to see if the yanks are good guys in January?
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 18:06 - Dec 10 with 1901 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:19 - Dec 10 by Murph75

Thanks Monny.

I get the feeling towards the new owners, I really do.

What I feel at the moment is that the new owners are being taken for a ride by the ex directors and to a certain degree Jenkins is pulling a lot strings at the cub still.

The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others.

I can only speak about my thoughts here. I'm sure morningstar will contribute what he thinks in more articulate way than I just have.

Enjoy the game today lads and here is to 3 points.

"The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others."

The problem is that the new owners are practically incapable of making their own decisions without Jenkins--they literally know nothing about football. There's a reason why they've been merely deferring to him and letting him continue on as chairman. Check out this clip of Landon Donovan back in July saying how Levien and Kaplan came to him for help, humbly and honestly admitting that they both knew fvck all about football and needed Donovan to advise them. It's very telling:

I'm not saying that Huw Jenkins doesn't need to go. I've been among the most vocal in getting that big nosed sh*tstain out of our club for over 2 seasons now. But there's every chance that we could be even worse than we are now if the owners are suddenly given free rein of the club.

The alarm bells went off like wildfire for me when Levien said in the press conference after the takeover how he thought Jenkins is a "tremendous football mind" and that the plan is to do "whatever Huw wants."

Jason Levien: “I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed.

“We wouldn’t make this investment without Huw’s commitment to the club and that partnership.”

"The biggest signing so far is Huw. We’re talking about things now and talking about how we put the best product on the pitch."

Just look at these statements. They haven't got a fvcking clue.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/live-updates-as-new-swansea-city-owners-

Come on you Swans.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 18:16 - Dec 10 with 1890 viewsMyFinalHeaven

The point is, as long as the new owners are around, it'll look like Jenkins will remain in charge. At least for the foreseeable future. And that's a big problem.

Even if those greedy scumbags decide to give us some money to spend in January, what good is it if Jenkins remains the one making the transfer decisions? He'll just spend it all on complete sh*t as he has in the last 5 transfer windows and continue to COMPLETELY ignore the deficiencies in the fullback, DM, and winger positions. The fact that he said all we need is "1 or 2 players" in January is beyond worrying. I fully expect him to do something daft like buy yet another striker, probably some aging has been for £8m, then buy a crappy English centre half for £6m and call it a day. With the way our transfer windows have gone in the past few years, that's the most likely scenario.

Come on you Swans.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:43 - Dec 11 with 1840 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 18:06 - Dec 10 by MyFinalHeaven

"The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others."

The problem is that the new owners are practically incapable of making their own decisions without Jenkins--they literally know nothing about football. There's a reason why they've been merely deferring to him and letting him continue on as chairman. Check out this clip of Landon Donovan back in July saying how Levien and Kaplan came to him for help, humbly and honestly admitting that they both knew fvck all about football and needed Donovan to advise them. It's very telling:

I'm not saying that Huw Jenkins doesn't need to go. I've been among the most vocal in getting that big nosed sh*tstain out of our club for over 2 seasons now. But there's every chance that we could be even worse than we are now if the owners are suddenly given free rein of the club.

The alarm bells went off like wildfire for me when Levien said in the press conference after the takeover how he thought Jenkins is a "tremendous football mind" and that the plan is to do "whatever Huw wants."

Jason Levien: “I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed.

“We wouldn’t make this investment without Huw’s commitment to the club and that partnership.”

"The biggest signing so far is Huw. We’re talking about things now and talking about how we put the best product on the pitch."

Just look at these statements. They haven't got a fvcking clue.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/live-updates-as-new-swansea-city-owners-

So what do you suggest?
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 07:45 - Dec 15 with 1754 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:43 - Dec 11 by Murph75

So what do you suggest?

First thing's first, we need to make it known to Kaplan and Levien that their time thus far as our new owners has been absolutely unacceptable, and that our vitriol and disapproval of them will only intensify if they choose not to invest in the squad in January. This is a must. At the moment it looks more and more like they're going to take a page out of their fellow countryman Randy Lerner's book and accept that we're going to go down without so much as getting a loan in and cut their losses.

Second, we need to fvcking get rid of Jenkins as soon as humanly possible and hire a proper director of football. As long as he's around this club will only sunk further and further down. Even if we're going to be given money to spend in January it's futile so long as Jenkins is the one making the transfer decisions. Hire someone like Monchi or Walter Sabatini and give Jenkins the boot. Sabatini is someone we should especially be looking at as he's currently available. He's an absolute transfer wizard who did wonders with Lazio and Palermo despite working on a small budget, and he just finished a 4 year stint at Roma where he got them back into the Champions League and title contention.

It's seriously impossible to overstate just how good Sabatini was at Roma. The amount of great transfers he's made in recent years is insane. Marquinhos, Pjanic, Benatia, Lamela, Gervinho, Strootman, Nainggolan, Manolas, Rudiger, Dzeko, Perotti, Paredes, etc. The first 5 of this list were all sold for humongous profits--with all the interest and news that's been surrounding Manolas, Nainggolan, Paredes, and Rudiger lately, it's only a matter of time before they are moved on for a tidy surplus as well.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 7:49]

Come on you Swans.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:07 - Dec 15 with 1642 viewsCroftyjack

I may have missed it but what time are you going to be at the landore social club on Monday.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:28 - Dec 15 with 1609 viewsmorningstar

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:07 - Dec 15 by Croftyjack

I may have missed it but what time are you going to be at the landore social club on Monday.

That's all i can say is that i believe it too be pointless. I for one will not be attending as i am not prepared to get into a debate with people who have different views from myself. There are people who share my views and we have decided that for now we put it out too the fanbase as a whole via the internet. Watch this space. That's all i can say for now.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:30 - Dec 15 with 1600 viewsJackfath

#secretive

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:39 - Dec 15 with 1587 viewsLeonWasGod

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:18 - Dec 10 by MyFinalHeaven

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club."

I don't agree with this. At at all.

Levien, Kaplan, Jenkins, and all the former shareholders are a common enemy. They're in cahoots with one another and it is Levien and Kaplan who have not only allowed Jenkins to stay on with his exorbitant salary but as the authoritative chairman and de facto Director of Football. Because Kaplan and Levien have stuff to tend to themselves and have both humbly admitted that they know fvck all about football, with Kaplan being the principal of a billion dollar asset management fund (Oaktree Capital) and Levien being an NBA agent, they have largely deferred to Jenkins and allowed him to do whatever he wants. So far, the only thing they've really done in terms of major decision making is appointing Bob Bradley. Which of course, was absolutely ridiculous and not okay.

To appoint Bradley and use our club as nothing more than a springboard to exploit the American market for football is downright insulting. Indeed, even Bob Bradley and Landon Donovan themselves could not keep quiet what the true intentions of his appointment were about, with both expressing what a "big opportunity" this is for American soccer. Meanwhile, Levien, seemingly unaware that his consultant and investment group partner Donovan has already spilled the beans, continues to spout bullsh*t in our match programmes about how Bradley wasn't appointed because of his nationality but by merit.

Then there's the issue of the fact that they have still not invested a single cent into our club.

These new owners are as scummy as they get, and they deserve as much vitriol and condemnation as that cvnt Jenkins does. Since they've become the owners, they have done nothing except lie, lie, and lie some more. They've spent more money on PR professionals than they have on the playing squad. Just look at some of the things these cretins have said after the takeover was completed:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term"

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

""The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Just look at this drivel. It really beggars belief, doesn't it?

To only target only Jenkins and the former shareholders is wrong. Make no mistake--Kaplan and Levien are just as bad if not worse. Like those that sold us down the river, they're only in it for one thing, and that's the money.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 3:43]

Cracking post. The new board has been shown lacking already and this is where our current problems lie, not with some Dutch twit ex-director and his pals. Much as the ex-board has screwed us over.

Any action needs to be brought to bear on the current board. They're obviously only here to make money , but what's their vision for the club that will allow that to happen. Because currently they're messing up and about to throw their 'investment' down the drain.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:48 - Dec 15 with 1570 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:28 - Dec 15 by morningstar

That's all i can say is that i believe it too be pointless. I for one will not be attending as i am not prepared to get into a debate with people who have different views from myself. There are people who share my views and we have decided that for now we put it out too the fanbase as a whole via the internet. Watch this space. That's all i can say for now.

Has the meeting been cancelled or is it still going ahead with Murph?

#backtojack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:50 - Dec 15 with 1558 viewsCroftyjack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:28 - Dec 15 by morningstar

Oh right....didn't realise it was for a chosen few, well I will lose my interest then as not into little factions as it will achieve nothing.
I thought it was an open discussion as there/s a few of us that was interested with some good ideas.
What we really need is a group that will act and communicate for all fans!
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 21:00 - Dec 15 with 1530 viewsmorningstar

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 20:48 - Dec 15 by Landore_Jack

Has the meeting been cancelled or is it still going ahead with Murph?

That's all i can say is that when i say i will do something, i fully intend on carrying it out, as i have done in the past. Whether it be protesting against Petty, organising fans football matches on the old Jackarmy site, and taking buses away. I was prepared too help Murph get this off the ground as i thought he was a good guy. But seriously, if you wish to find out if the meeting is going ahead then best you ask Murph. ..........I don't think he's posted here for the last 3 days though.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 21:02 - Dec 15 with 1524 viewsJackfath

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 21:00 - Dec 15 by morningstar

That's all i can say is that when i say i will do something, i fully intend on carrying it out, as i have done in the past. Whether it be protesting against Petty, organising fans football matches on the old Jackarmy site, and taking buses away. I was prepared too help Murph get this off the ground as i thought he was a good guy. But seriously, if you wish to find out if the meeting is going ahead then best you ask Murph. ..........I don't think he's posted here for the last 3 days though.

What's happened to Murph!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024