Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December 21:21 - Dec 9 with 12772 viewsMurph75

Hey all,

How we doing?

The supporters action group thought it would be a good idea to clarify our intentions before the meeting on the 19th of December.

Our main purpose of getting together is to raise awareness amongst the supporters (especially those who don’t frequent forums such as this) to what exactly is happening and has happened at boardroom level. Basically any action that we take at this point will be against the selling shareholders.

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

We wish to put this out too you all, as people do have different views, but for now at least this will be our agenda, which will be open to all suggestions to create a mandate towards the best possible way to move forward.

We will try to answer any questions you may have, but please at this time accept that no specific details will be revealed on public forums until a clear mandate has been set. We look forward to your support.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 21:41]
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:04 - Dec 9 with 5154 viewsmorningstar

Well said Murph.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:19 - Dec 9 with 5120 viewsskacrazy

Well done mate. It's just a shame that we already have a supporters group that are letting us down.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:22 - Dec 9 with 5108 viewsLoyal

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:19 - Dec 9 by skacrazy

Well done mate. It's just a shame that we already have a supporters group that are letting us down.

Stand strong shoulder to shoulder.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:31 - Dec 9 with 5073 viewsKilkennyjack

Will you taking direct action against certain people ?
And if so, what outcome are you aiming for if successful ?

Beware of the Risen People

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:36 - Dec 9 with 5060 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:31 - Dec 9 by Kilkennyjack

Depends what you mean by direct action? This is all about raising the awareness to all our fans the damage Jenkins and co have done to the club and continue to do whilst they still have a say in the day to day running.

What does success look like? For me it would be Jenkins and Co having nothing more to do with the club.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:44 - Dec 9 with 5042 viewsmorningstar

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:31 - Dec 9 by Kilkennyjack

I can answer this. Yes, it will be direct action against certain people, as for the outcome, then i refer you to Murphs last paragraph. Essentially though, i believe any success will be through the message and information we can put across to the fan base as a whole, and how they embrace it.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:49 - Dec 9 with 5032 viewsswancity

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:44 - Dec 9 by morningstar

I can answer this. Yes, it will be direct action against certain people, as for the outcome, then i refer you to Murphs last paragraph. Essentially though, i believe any success will be through the message and information we can put across to the fan base as a whole, and how they embrace it.

But with respect, how are you hoping to implement it. How will it work do you envisage?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:54 - Dec 9 with 5017 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:49 - Dec 9 by swancity

But with respect, how are you hoping to implement it. How will it work do you envisage?

Pop along to the meeting on the 19th and we can share ideas and thoughts with yourself and others who attend.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:58 - Dec 9 with 5005 viewsmorningstar

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:49 - Dec 9 by swancity

We have ideas, these will be put forward in the meeting on the 19th Dec when everyone present will have an opportunity for input to the fans mandate. I hope you can make the meeting as any input ideas you may have will be appreciated.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:05 - Dec 10 with 4978 viewsswancity

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 23:58 - Dec 9 by morningstar

We have ideas, these will be put forward in the meeting on the 19th Dec when everyone present will have an opportunity for input to the fans mandate. I hope you can make the meeting as any input ideas you may have will be appreciated.

I'm not too sure what it can hope to achieve tbh.
I'm more interested in finding out what the Trust Solicitors are recommending. And making sure that they take some action soon.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 0:07]

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:07 - Dec 10 with 4970 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:05 - Dec 10 by swancity

I'm more interested in finding out what the Trust Solicitors are recommending. And making sure that they take some action soon.

Then that's cool.

I'm sure the trust will be in a position to answer your questions at some point.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:16 - Dec 10 with 4955 viewsBigPhilG

The meetings a great idea. We need to unite together now more than ever
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:25 - Dec 10 with 4943 viewsmorningstar

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:05 - Dec 10 by swancity

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/

I have no idea if they will get back to you with your questions/concerns but surely it would be better you asked them rather than us. How the hell would we know?

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:43 - Dec 10 with 4910 viewsSwansea93

Would of been good to have had flyers handed out ready tomorrow to inform more people.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:49 - Dec 10 with 4896 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:43 - Dec 10 by Swansea93

Would of been good to have had flyers handed out ready tomorrow to inform more people.

softly, softly, catchee monkey ;-)
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:57 - Dec 10 with 4873 viewsepaul

Awesome effort lads, living in London and work on a Sat so dont get to very many home games, but you got my full backing, its time to show these f*ckers who the club belongs to

Just remember

#donotgogently

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 01:34 - Dec 10 with 4835 viewsLoyal

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:57 - Dec 10 by epaul

Awesome effort lads, living in London and work on a Sat so dont get to very many home games, but you got my full backing, its time to show these f*ckers who the club belongs to

Just remember

#donotgogently

This plus 1.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:18 - Dec 10 with 4798 viewsMyFinalHeaven

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club."

I don't agree with this. At at all.

Levien, Kaplan, Jenkins, and all the former shareholders are a common enemy. They're in cahoots with one another and it is Levien and Kaplan who have not only allowed Jenkins to stay on with his exorbitant salary but as the authoritative chairman and de facto Director of Football. Because Kaplan and Levien have stuff to tend to themselves and have both humbly admitted that they know fvck all about football, with Kaplan being the principal of a billion dollar asset management fund (Oaktree Capital) and Levien being an NBA agent, they have largely deferred to Jenkins and allowed him to do whatever he wants. So far, the only thing they've really done in terms of major decision making is appointing Bob Bradley. Which of course, was absolutely ridiculous and not okay.

To appoint Bradley and use our club as nothing more than a springboard to exploit the American market for football is downright insulting. Indeed, even Bob Bradley and Landon Donovan themselves could not keep quiet what the true intentions of his appointment were about, with both expressing what a "big opportunity" this is for American soccer. Meanwhile, Levien, seemingly unaware that his consultant and investment group partner Donovan has already spilled the beans, continues to spout bullsh*t in our match programmes about how Bradley wasn't appointed because of his nationality but by merit.

Then there's the issue of the fact that they have still not invested a single cent into our club.

These new owners are as scummy as they get, and they deserve as much vitriol and condemnation as that cvnt Jenkins does. Since they've become the owners, they have done nothing except lie, lie, and lie some more. They've spent more money on PR professionals than they have on the playing squad. Just look at some of the things these cretins have said after the takeover was completed:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term"

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

""The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Just look at this drivel. It really beggars belief, doesn't it?

To only target only Jenkins and the former shareholders is wrong. Make no mistake--Kaplan and Levien are just as bad if not worse. Like those that sold us down the river, they're only in it for one thing, and that's the money.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 3:43]

Come on you Swans.

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:30 - Dec 10 with 4790 viewsFerrieBodde

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

this is bloody ridiculous. you're playing exactly into those scumbags' hands. how in the world do you not feel any ill will and intend to take any action towards those who have 1) done nothing but driven our club into the ground since they've taken over 2) allowed Jenkins, Morgan, and Dineen to stay on, with plans to appoint that last one back on the board 3) appointed an absolute clown of a manager that has turned us into the laughing stock of the league and 4) continues to backtrack on their promise to work with the trust, downright refusing to do so or even allow them to be in any way meaningfully involved

there is no way i can support this if you do not target the new owners. to say "to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club" is ridiculous when precisely the opposite is true. it's about fvcking time we took action against the Americans
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 5:25]
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 04:18 - Dec 10 with 4771 viewsHumpty

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:18 - Dec 10 by MyFinalHeaven

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club."

I don't agree with this. At at all.

Levien, Kaplan, Jenkins, and all the former shareholders are a common enemy. They're in cahoots with one another and it is Levien and Kaplan who have not only allowed Jenkins to stay on with his exorbitant salary but as the authoritative chairman and de facto Director of Football. Because Kaplan and Levien have stuff to tend to themselves and have both humbly admitted that they know fvck all about football, with Kaplan being the principal of a billion dollar asset management fund (Oaktree Capital) and Levien being an NBA agent, they have largely deferred to Jenkins and allowed him to do whatever he wants. So far, the only thing they've really done in terms of major decision making is appointing Bob Bradley. Which of course, was absolutely ridiculous and not okay.

To appoint Bradley and use our club as nothing more than a springboard to exploit the American market for football is downright insulting. Indeed, even Bob Bradley and Landon Donovan themselves could not keep quiet what the true intentions of his appointment were about, with both expressing what a "big opportunity" this is for American soccer. Meanwhile, Levien, seemingly unaware that his consultant and investment group partner Donovan has already spilled the beans, continues to spout bullsh*t in our match programmes about how Bradley wasn't appointed because of his nationality but by merit.

Then there's the issue of the fact that they have still not invested a single cent into our club.

These new owners are as scummy as they get, and they deserve as much vitriol and condemnation as that cvnt Jenkins does. Since they've become the owners, they have done nothing except lie, lie, and lie some more. They've spent more money on PR professionals than they have on the playing squad. Just look at some of the things these cretins have said after the takeover was completed:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term"

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

""The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Just look at this drivel. It really beggars belief, doesn't it?

To only target only Jenkins and the former shareholders is wrong. Make no mistake--Kaplan and Levien are just as bad if not worse. Like those that sold us down the river, they're only in it for one thing, and that's the money.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 3:43]

This. 100%.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 04:29 - Dec 10 with 4764 viewsHumpty

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:30 - Dec 10 by FerrieBodde

this is bloody ridiculous. you're playing exactly into those scumbags' hands. how in the world do you not feel any ill will and intend to take any action towards those who have 1) done nothing but driven our club into the ground since they've taken over 2) allowed Jenkins, Morgan, and Dineen to stay on, with plans to appoint that last one back on the board 3) appointed an absolute clown of a manager that has turned us into the laughing stock of the league and 4) continues to backtrack on their promise to work with the trust, downright refusing to do so or even allow them to be in any way meaningfully involved

there is no way i can support this if you do not target the new owners. to say "to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club" is ridiculous when precisely the opposite is true. it's about fvcking time we took action against the Americans
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 5:25]

And this. Neither our ex owners or our current owners give two f*cks about Swansea City.

Both groups only care about making money for themselves.

We are in this position because our ex owners shat on us, and our new owners are completely clueless c*nts who think they can make money by making us attractive to the US market. Because of the actions of both, we are going to be relegated.

Simple as f*cking that.

Our new owners have played their card. They have absolutely no interest in working with the trust, despite what they say. They want to take money out of Swansea City Football Club. They will put zero money into the club.

They're not owners I want.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 05:11 - Dec 10 with 4750 viewsthereisnospoon

not sure what the point of this supporters' action group meeting is if you're not going to take action against the new owners. they're the ones who own the fecking club, have run us into the ground, and lets jenkins do everything he wants with their blessing. they have all the power, and nothing will change and this nosedive will not cease until we as fans take action and let our feelings be known to those pr*cks. i want them gone just as much as the former shareholders, if not more
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 07:24 - Dec 10 with 4681 viewsPURe_Evil

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club. "

You lost me there, the new owners are already being VERY DETRIMENTAL both the short and definitely long term future of the club.

Trust MK2
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 08:03 - Dec 10 with 4646 viewsmonmouth

I totally get the animosity towards the new owners as I feel it myself, but I'm inclined to agree with Gary and Murph that they shouldn't be in the crosshairs yet (yet in bold italics). So I might have phrased it slightly differently. But isn't that something that should be discussed at the proposed meeting anyway?

To my mind the Yanks still have a chance to show different colours, and a campaign against the scummers that have already more than shown their colours is maybe a way to focus their minds ('you could be next'). Perlman is their man on point duty now, so will be reporting back a view from ground level and will be able to see the strength of feeling.

So I'd support the current strategy outlined. Whether it will have any impact is another thing, but bloody good on you guys for trying. If it comes off it will also give more power to the trust inside the tent too and, whatever anyone's views on the Trust's strategy, that has to be a good thing.

Good luck.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 8:05]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 08:56 - Dec 10 with 4568 viewsAngelRangelQS

The yanks true colors will be revealed by the end of January.

We can always focus on the sellouts until that point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024