Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny old game 08:52 - Dec 11 with 863 viewsTheFranchise

So our recent form saw us deservingly in the bottom three.

I've always been a firm believer in playing "our way" for many reasons including the cost of changing and making it easier to develop local talent maybe for future Swans teams.

This club thrives on stability and the unity between fans, players and the club management. Sadly this past summer put a massive dent in that unity.

Things happened that I don't need to go into, they're well documented.

Frustration and disappointment in our club put me into a negative spin with it all.

--------------

This week Huw Jenkins has at least spoken and broken the silence, that's positive. Yesterday, I saw signs of a return to "our way".

It looked like we had a defence capable of keeping one of the PL's best marksmen quiet. A midfield 3 that can control, create and break up opposition play and a front 3 that can get the ball down, get it wide and put in it the back of the net. A few fresh faces in January and I think the squad for the remaining season is equipped to maintain our PL status.

Onto the management.... Whilst Bob has looked out of his depth until yesterday, he does seem to be very good at motivating the players, he has the staff around him that know the club and hopefully now he's getting to grips with the steep learning curve that PL football challenges a manager. Well done to him.

My negativity only makes me ill and having slept on the thoughts of yesterday's game, I'm more confident our club can still show the rest of the world how things should be run.

Anyway, here's to the rest of the season. Be cool everyone.
Funny old game on 09:17 - Dec 11 with 796 viewsDr_Winston

All if which makes it even more baffling that the club thought Monk would be the ideal candidate to carry that on, and when it became increasingly obvious that he wasn't going to, allowed him to keep doing so.

Despite the dramatic pronuciations by many that basically every member of the squad bar Siggy are "Championship at best", that's clearly complete bollocks. At best most of them are capable of doing a job in the PL if properly coached to do so. This is basically the same squad that eventually finished mid table last season after all.

Bradley's still got a lot of work to do to demonstrate that he's up to the job, but there were signs yesterday that he might be learning, particularly his substitutions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Funny old game on 09:19 - Dec 11 with 791 viewsSgorioFruit

I've woke up this morning and looked at the table.
there is now three clubs below the swans and more interestingly all them three clubs have a worse goal difference than us.
Its a massive well done for me. I would quite happily take 16th or 17th position going into the new year.
This is going to be a battle to the end of the season make no mistake. And it relies heavily on teams around us having a hammering.
Starting with Liverpool v West Ham today.
We all need Liverpool to smash 5 goals past them.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Funny old game on 10:05 - Dec 11 with 718 viewsKulusBeatFactory

great to see an insightful uplifting thread
- leon and rangel have a massive role in now maintaining "our way" with the 1st team - and in an ongoing long-term coaching/managerial capacity
Funny old game on 10:46 - Dec 11 with 645 viewsTheFranchise

Funny old game on 10:05 - Dec 11 by KulusBeatFactory

great to see an insightful uplifting thread
- leon and rangel have a massive role in now maintaining "our way" with the 1st team - and in an ongoing long-term coaching/managerial capacity

I haven't been uplifting. It's not an apology, just a turning of a page.
Funny old game on 10:49 - Dec 11 with 635 views1983

West Ham & Boro still to play today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024