Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To those that were pitchside yesterday... 15:57 - Dec 11 with 3102 viewsNeiltheTaylor

...is the grass cut longer?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:03 - Dec 11 with 3083 viewsHighjack

You can't cut grass longer, you just have to wait for it to grow.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:08 - Dec 11 with 3059 viewsShonky

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:03 - Dec 11 by Highjack

You can cut it so what remains is longer than usual.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 16:09]

Its just a ride...

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:25 - Dec 11 with 3002 viewsPegojack

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:03 - Dec 11 by Highjack

Superb.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 16:26]
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:28 - Dec 11 with 2986 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Stop being silly! Enquiring minds need to know this important information!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 16:28]

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:28 - Dec 11 with 2979 viewsgiantstoneater

Not sure on the grass being longer but I`m sure the pitch was narrower.
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:35 - Dec 11 with 2944 viewsNeiltheTaylor

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:28 - Dec 11 by giantstoneater

That would make sense too. Thanks for sharing that.

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:40 - Dec 11 with 2925 viewsNeathJack

Don't think that's allowed anymore. Pretty sure the PL pitch dimensions are standardised throughout other than at the occasional place where the area available isn't large enough.
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:40 - Dec 11 with 2924 viewsTheFranchise

I thought there was a uniform size now? Or was it a minimum size?
Login to get fewer ads

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:41 - Dec 11 with 2915 viewsNeathJack

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:40 - Dec 11 by NeathJack

Don't think that's allowed anymore. Pretty sure the PL pitch dimensions are standardised throughout other than at the occasional place where the area available isn't large enough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3031824/Stoke-boss-Mark-Hughes
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 07:01 - Dec 12 with 2676 viewsDewi1jack

We come in from the gap between the East and North East stands with our seats in the front row and the pitch looked a lot narrower for the Palace game than our 'normal full width'.
Stewards commented on that as well.
Ball didn't seem to be zipping around off the surface as much either, so longer grass could have had that effect.
Definitely narrower than when PS/ Brenda/ Judas/ Loudstrop were here and we knew what wingers were for.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 07:52 - Dec 12 with 2593 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The reason the ball wasn't zipping around as it normally does is the amount of water on the pitch. Lots of underhit passes as a result. You could see the spray coming off the ball as it rolled.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 08:48 - Dec 12 with 2543 viewsjacktar

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 07:52 - Dec 12 by Joe_bradshaw

The reason the ball wasn't zipping around as it normally does is the amount of water on the pitch. Lots of underhit passes as a result. You could see the spray coming off the ball as it rolled.

This ............ I think the rain was the problem, not sure the grass looked any longer.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 08:49 - Dec 12 with 2537 viewsSoberBaker

Where were the lines on the pitch, Bob?

AMOW

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 10:12 - Dec 12 with 2446 viewsHighjack

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:08 - Dec 11 by Shonky

You can cut it so what remains is longer than usual.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 16:09]

I suppose another solution would be to take grass cut from elsewhere and glue it to the grass with some pritt stick or Blu tac making it longer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 14:42 - Dec 12 with 2315 viewsgiantstoneater

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 10:12 - Dec 12 by Highjack

I suppose another solution would be to take grass cut from elsewhere and glue it to the grass with some pritt stick or Blu tac making it longer.

You and your glue !!
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 15:39 - Dec 12 with 2271 viewsFlashberryjack

The pitch certainly wasn't narrower, otherwise I would have been able to see the touch line whilst sitting, which I'm unable to do since the LED crowd facing greedy boards were installed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 09:15 - Dec 13 with 2119 viewsJackUlation

Also it ran downhill towards the North stand.
To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 09:53 - Dec 13 with 2096 viewsLoyal

To those that were pitchside yesterday... on 16:41 - Dec 11 by NeathJack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3031824/Stoke-boss-Mark-Hughes

It states in that article that Hughes is extending the pitch, haven't they got any ground staff ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024