Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January 00:19 - Dec 15 with 4721 viewsEilian

If you had to choose between changing the manager or signing 3 new players on Jan 1st then which would you choose?

Let's say that you had a transfer budget of £15M. You could spend it all on one player and get one free transfer and a loan or any combination of those. But strictly only 3 players.

What do you do?
January on 00:22 - Dec 15 with 3056 viewsLoyal

I would expect four strong signings at least in January, and I mean at the start of the month regardless of who is in charge. The budget should be at least 30 million, and I do not jest.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 0:23]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

January on 00:23 - Dec 15 with 3054 viewsSwanjaxs

15 million gets you a Borja Baston in the wrong hands mind?.... think on 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

January on 00:25 - Dec 15 with 3042 viewsdeanscfc

Yep. And without strong signings then we are down, so it is a bit of a trick question in that sense.
January on 00:30 - Dec 15 with 3033 viewsEilian

January on 00:22 - Dec 15 by Loyal

I would expect four strong signings at least in January, and I mean at the start of the month regardless of who is in charge. The budget should be at least 30 million, and I do not jest.

We haven't had four strong signings in the last two years! So I don't know why you are expecting 4 this Jan ha ha!
But yes You are correct! That should be bare minimum.....But we won't get it!

Which would you choose though? Three players on a tight budget or a new manager with the current squad?
January on 00:31 - Dec 15 with 3027 viewsMatlock_Jack

I'd take 3 new players personally; at least they can conceivably add something and BB (as it stands) isn't really doing that; the squad wants improving. It follows that some players have to be shown the door, but probably Summer, more than January.

Plus (and it has to be said I suppose) what other manager (available and prepared to take the job) could work with what he has to hand here, while keeping us in the PL, for at least another season?

That is not to minimise Bradley's responsibilities, incidentally.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 0:32]
January on 00:31 - Dec 15 with 3023 viewsEilian

January on 00:25 - Dec 15 by deanscfc

Yep. And without strong signings then we are down, so it is a bit of a trick question in that sense.

Yes it is! :) What would you do? I'd sign the players and stick with Bob myself!
January on 00:35 - Dec 15 with 3007 viewsSwanjaxs

January on 00:31 - Dec 15 by Eilian

Yes it is! :) What would you do? I'd sign the players and stick with Bob myself!

I'd sack Bob first thing tomorrow and put Curt in charge in the interim until we can install Big Sam in the hot seat before Middlesbrough personally 👍
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 0:37]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

January on 00:37 - Dec 15 with 3002 viewsEilian

January on 00:35 - Dec 15 by Swanjaxs

I'd sack Bob first thing tomorrow and put Curt in charge in the interim until we can install Big Sam in the hot seat before Middlesbrough personally 👍
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 0:37]

and no new signings this season? Do you really think Big Sam could turn this team around?
Login to get fewer ads

January on 00:42 - Dec 15 with 2980 viewsSwanjaxs

January on 00:37 - Dec 15 by Eilian

and no new signings this season? Do you really think Big Sam could turn this team around?

Where did I say no new signings?... get Big S in asap I say.... he knows his stuff and even at short notice he would be able to bring in (with a decent budget) the quality to keep us in this league.... giving Bob any sort of budget will see money wasted and relegation without a doubt

January on 00:47 - Dec 15 with 2971 viewsEilian

January on 00:42 - Dec 15 by Swanjaxs

Where did I say no new signings?... get Big S in asap I say.... he knows his stuff and even at short notice he would be able to bring in (with a decent budget) the quality to keep us in this league.... giving Bob any sort of budget will see money wasted and relegation without a doubt

Its me that said no new signings. that's the point of the question in the original post. What would you do if you had to choose between a manager or new signings?

Its either or
January on 01:15 - Dec 15 with 2932 viewsSwanjaxs

January on 00:47 - Dec 15 by Eilian

Its me that said no new signings. that's the point of the question in the original post. What would you do if you had to choose between a manager or new signings?

Its either or

OK new signings.... but a new manager too .... so both go hand in hand, you can obviously see we need both so a very good post

January on 05:39 - Dec 15 with 2835 viewsWhiterockin

Sack the manager. The squad is very poor but better than the results we are getting and we as still in the mix, just.
January on 06:31 - Dec 15 with 2787 viewsjack247

January on 00:37 - Dec 15 by Eilian

I do.we aren't a million miles away from competing, we just have a habit of conceding soft goals. A hat trick of headers ffs. If we could tighten up at the back and just cut out the silly mistakes, we would probably be ok.
January on 06:37 - Dec 15 with 2782 viewsbuilthjack

With the surplus we have from selling players, and the Sky money, we should be able to fork out 50-60 million. Get a decent manager in this or next week, and 3 or 4 signings and a couple of loanies in by early January.. left back, two centre halfs, and a winger or two.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

January on 08:48 - Dec 15 with 2668 viewsClinton

New manager please.
This squad can stay up with the right manager. Albeit by the skin of our teeth.
The right manager would do the following, and more, that Bob seems to lack
- prepare a team to counter the opposition strengths
- pick a team accordingly whilst retaining a broad consistency of strategy and core players
- react quickly when things start to go wrong on the field, giving instructions to players to fine tune things during play and making timely substitutions.
if you buy players and put them in that squad with the current management, I reckon we end up like Newcastle who went down with a stronger squad than we could hope to achieve.
Decent players are rarely available in January anyway.
Assuming a new manager and staying up, you'd need to strengthen over the summer.
Having written all that, it's a bit theoretical because they seem to want to keep Bob.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 8:53]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

January on 09:05 - Dec 15 with 2619 viewsLeonWasGod

Manager, without a shout. If he's wrong, then nothing is going to help.

Besides, I'd be very surprised if we sign 3 players good enough to instantly improve the team.
January on 09:08 - Dec 15 with 2611 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We'll bring Emnes, Bartley and Grimes back, which according to Huw will be like 'new signings'.

He'll then state he's happy with the squad, apologise in May when we're relegated and continue to pick up his £500,000 a year (on top of his millions from shafting the club).

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

January on 09:09 - Dec 15 with 2609 viewsSmellyplumz

January on 00:22 - Dec 15 by Loyal

😂😂😂

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

January on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 2597 viewsjasper_T

Three players for sure. Don't see us signing three of real quality, though, given the situation we're in. £15m isn't much of a January budget when you're desperate.

The current squad needs a very good manager to survive. We had one, don't any more, but there's no guarantee we'd get one again if Bob gets put on the Mayflower.
January on 09:17 - Dec 15 with 2585 viewsSmellyplumz

There will be a couple of randoms come in so have never played in the premiership b4 just so the yanks can say they tried.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

January on 09:25 - Dec 15 with 2559 viewsFireboy

If we lose on sat we will be 6pts behind Middlesbrough and from safety so we should pot bobbly but it won't happen

I thought I'd never say this but I think we should get fat head in,he will bing in a few players but most of all he knows how to get out of the mire,he's an expert at it,we don't have a bad squad its ALL down to bradley

Get rid and even if we have curt and big paul in charge for the interim they will do far far better

So to answer the opening question,get rid of bradley
January on 09:29 - Dec 15 with 2545 viewsJango

People keep raving about Sam allardyce, if he didn't have 20 goals a season Defoe last year they would have gone down with ease. We don't have a 20 goal a season striker and we don't have wingers and full backs good enough for this league. The manager is not the problem.

I would do everything in my power to get ben Davies and maybe karl jenkinson in on loan. Then spend big on a winger or 2 and maybe a center half. Amat was a calamity again last night, he's like a white Titus Bramble
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 9:32]
January on 10:53 - Dec 15 with 2472 viewsMorfa_Same

If it's a choice between new manager or new players then we're down.

We need both.
January on 10:53 - Dec 15 with 2471 viewsunion_jack

January on 09:29 - Dec 15 by Jango

People keep raving about Sam allardyce, if he didn't have 20 goals a season Defoe last year they would have gone down with ease. We don't have a 20 goal a season striker and we don't have wingers and full backs good enough for this league. The manager is not the problem.

I would do everything in my power to get ben Davies and maybe karl jenkinson in on loan. Then spend big on a winger or 2 and maybe a center half. Amat was a calamity again last night, he's like a white Titus Bramble

Yes he had Defoe. But if he didn't, he may have brought in A N Other. Would you then be saying if it wasn't for A N Other they'd have been relegated?

I'm not agreeing / disagreeing with you on Allerdyce but your point is easily argued against.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

January on 11:07 - Dec 15 with 2447 viewsjack247

January on 09:29 - Dec 15 by Jango

If Sunderland didn't have Defoe last season, but did have Gylfi, Leon, Fabianski and Llorente, I'm sure they would have been fine
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024