Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Africa Cup of Nations 11:17 - Dec 16 with 5862 viewsDevz00

Barrow isn't going as Gambia didn't qualify. Which means we are 1 of 6 prem sides who won't be missing anyone for this tournament.

Looking at some of our main rivals, they are going to be weakened.

Bournemouth -
Max Gradel

Hull -
Elmohamady
Mbokani

Palace -
Sako
Appiah
Zaha - potentially, if he gets his FIFA clearance

West Ham -
Kouyate
Sakho
Ayew
Feghouli

Sunderland -
Kone
Khazri
Djilobodji
Ndong

Full list -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/16/premier-league-team-will-hit-hard
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 11:18]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:27 - Dec 16 with 4838 viewsSgorioFruit

quite interesting

hope it contributes to these clubs dropping points

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:28 - Dec 16 with 4836 viewsdcd14

Palace losing Zaha would be a big blow.

West Ham will miss Kouyate & Hull will definately miss Elmohamady.

Sunderland look like they'll take the biggest impact though.
Africa Cup of Nations on 11:34 - Dec 16 with 4817 viewsLoyal

Some of them reckon its a god send these players are going, give their back up a run out, can't be any worse. I tend to agree.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 4785 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I expect most of them will buy temporary replacements in January.
Africa Cup of Nations on 12:09 - Dec 16 with 4764 viewsDevz00

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:34 - Dec 16 by Loyal

Some of them reckon its a god send these players are going, give their back up a run out, can't be any worse. I tend to agree.

I understand where you're coming from but any squad missing first teamers will be weaker so it's still good for us. A couple of injuries and you're suddenly struggling a lot more.

Zaha is definitely a biggy with the form he is in.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Africa Cup of Nations on 12:14 - Dec 16 with 4746 viewsCooperman

Wow at Sunderland! That's going to hurt them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Africa Cup of Nations on 12:58 - Dec 16 with 4662 viewsJango

Africa Cup of Nations on 12:14 - Dec 16 by Cooperman

Wow at Sunderland! That's going to hurt them.

Isn't that their first choice centre back pairing?
Africa Cup of Nations on 13:08 - Dec 16 with 4641 viewsyescomeon

Bad for Hull, don't they have like 13 senior players, and two of them will be away.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:58 - Dec 17 with 4452 viewsDevz00

Africa Cup of Nations on 12:58 - Dec 16 by Jango

Isn't that their first choice centre back pairing?

Yes I think they play 3 in the back - Oshea, Kone and Djilobodji. So that is going to kill them! They have to ship players out before they can bring any in too. Their finances aren't good by all accounts.

Yescomeon - Good point on Hull too. I forgot about the low squad numbers.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2016 10:59]

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 4444 viewspencoedjack

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:28 - Dec 16 by dcd14

Palace losing Zaha would be a big blow.

West Ham will miss Kouyate & Hull will definately miss Elmohamady.

Sunderland look like they'll take the biggest impact though.

I used to think Zaha was very overrated having a decent season to be fair
Africa Cup of Nations on 14:47 - Dec 17 with 4364 viewskarnataka

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:58 - Dec 17 by Devz00

Yes I think they play 3 in the back - Oshea, Kone and Djilobodji. So that is going to kill them! They have to ship players out before they can bring any in too. Their finances aren't good by all accounts.

Yescomeon - Good point on Hull too. I forgot about the low squad numbers.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2016 10:59]

Kone was absolutely dreadful down here last weekend, they'd be better off without him if that's his usual standard. Worst player in a very poor team.
Africa Cup of Nations on 10:46 - Jan 4 with 4277 viewsDevz00

An updated list -

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10711193/afcon-2017-the-premier-lea

Looks like Zaha and Sako are going to be a huge loss for Palace if last night is anything to go by.

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:52 - Jan 4 with 4257 viewsNeiltheTaylor

When do we play Sunderland again?

Not sure who will be weakened if the teams we're due to play?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 4230 viewsDevz00

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:52 - Jan 4 by NeiltheTaylor

When do we play Sunderland again?

Not sure who will be weakened if the teams we're due to play?

We've got Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton and City while the tournament is running. So in terms of direct impact to our games, Liverpool will be missing Mane and Southampton might be missing Boufal which is no big deal. The fact Mane isn’t around is awesome for us though.

Africa Cup of Nations on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 4229 viewsdcd14

Re-looking at that list and teams are going to struggle!

Leicester & West Ham both losing 3 first team players.

Hull, Palace, Watford & Sunderland losing 2 first team players.

Interesting.
Africa Cup of Nations on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 4221 viewsdcd14

Some KEY players missing from our rivals.
Africa Cup of Nations on 11:04 - Jan 4 with 4200 viewsMrSwerve

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:00 - Jan 4 by dcd14

Some KEY players missing from our rivals.

We have a Ki player who's been missing for 2 years now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:11 - Jan 4 with 4175 viewsWhiterockin

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:04 - Jan 4 by MrSwerve

We have a Ki player who's been missing for 2 years now.

He was much better yesterday evening, looking for a transfer?
Africa Cup of Nations on 12:46 - Jan 4 with 4032 viewsdcd14

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:11 - Jan 4 by Whiterockin

HA! I actually said to myself during the game "now that is a man who wants big wages in China".

Africa Cup of Nations on 14:07 - Jan 4 with 3946 viewsSwan91

I'm more curious about the big teams we will play whilst this tournament is happening. Yes they will have very good replacements but all it takes is 2/3 big players missing and swans can be in for a shock draw/win.... we need all the luck/help we can get.
Africa Cup of Nations on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 3925 viewsDevz00

Africa Cup of Nations on 14:07 - Jan 4 by Swan91

I'm more curious about the big teams we will play whilst this tournament is happening. Yes they will have very good replacements but all it takes is 2/3 big players missing and swans can be in for a shock draw/win.... we need all the luck/help we can get.

See my last post.

Africa Cup of Nations on 14:48 - Jan 4 with 3875 viewsBloodyhills

Article listing what players from what clubs will be in Africa.

I think it can only be beneficial to us. Palace being the most clear example as mentioned above.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/16/premier-league-team-will-hit-hard

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Africa Cup of Nations on 14:57 - Jan 4 with 3847 viewsTheKirkyLife

The Cherries are absolutely not a main rival this campaign. We can ignore them without even considering they only lose Gradel in the period.

I'd be tempted to ignore West Ham too but those loses are pretty big. Kouyate always finds himself doing a lot of work in the middle of the park whilst Ayew, Feghouli and Sakho are all good attacking options. Weaker at both ends of the pitch then.

Hull aren't significantly weakened. Mbokani is a worse version of Gomis whilst Elmohamady is hardly stellar as a wingback. Very prone to cheating/mistakes.

Palace will miss only Zaha I feel. Sako was decent yesterday but hardly featured this campaign. Appiah is one for the future.

Sunderland are by far the biggest targets then. Kone and Djilobodji are TWO first team CBs out. Ndong pivitol in the midfield whilst Khazri has it in him to change a game or two. Would be very disappointed if they didn't capitulate from here unless they sign some big names in the window.

If I may I'd throw Leicester in to consider. Mahrez, Amartey AND Slimani all gone.
Africa Cup of Nations on 15:44 - Jan 4 with 3797 viewsHugeEnkins

Africa Cup of Nations on 11:11 - Jan 4 by Whiterockin

If we can suitably replace him, which on recent form shouldn't be difficult, then yeah - cash in on him 100%
Africa Cup of Nations on 15:46 - Jan 4 with 3791 viewsHugeEnkins

Africa Cup of Nations on 14:57 - Jan 4 by TheKirkyLife

The Cherries are absolutely not a main rival this campaign. We can ignore them without even considering they only lose Gradel in the period.

I'd be tempted to ignore West Ham too but those loses are pretty big. Kouyate always finds himself doing a lot of work in the middle of the park whilst Ayew, Feghouli and Sakho are all good attacking options. Weaker at both ends of the pitch then.

Hull aren't significantly weakened. Mbokani is a worse version of Gomis whilst Elmohamady is hardly stellar as a wingback. Very prone to cheating/mistakes.

Palace will miss only Zaha I feel. Sako was decent yesterday but hardly featured this campaign. Appiah is one for the future.

Sunderland are by far the biggest targets then. Kone and Djilobodji are TWO first team CBs out. Ndong pivitol in the midfield whilst Khazri has it in him to change a game or two. Would be very disappointed if they didn't capitulate from here unless they sign some big names in the window.

If I may I'd throw Leicester in to consider. Mahrez, Amartey AND Slimani all gone.

The more teams dragged in to it the better. Let's hope West Ham do suffer. Must be why they are keen on Defoe? double whammy. They get goals while Sunderland go down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024