Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? 15:43 - Dec 18 with 9984 viewsthereisnospoon

It's seriously appalling looking at comments here and on social media saying how we shouldn't conduct protests or take action that could potentially "disrupt" the team. Imagine if we had followed such cowardly and spineless guidelines when Tony Petty was in charge. We probably would have went down.

It really begs the question: are we really the same city that ran Petty out of town? What happened to all our dignity? All our ferocity? All our pride?

As long as we continue to attend matches without so much as a whimper of disapproval towards those in charge, nothing will change. Our club is going down faster than a bowl of gruel in front of a group of pigs. Forget a chant here and there about how Jenkins needs to get our of our club or how the Yanks are greedy bastards. More needs to be done.

The squad is playing like dogsh1t as it is. They literally couldn't possibly be any worse. I really don't get how a pitch invasion or a walk out could make them play any poorer than they are now. It's protests like that which need to take place right now, and, frankly, it might be something that could actually give our squad a kick in the ass and make them play a tad bit better.

The only hope we have of saving our team is to take action. We need to make our feelings felt to the board and the owners in as forceful and potent a way as possible. I'm talking action like a protest march throughout the streets like what Charlton supporters did recently or storming the pitch like what Coventry supporters did recently. If we don't take action such as this, there is ZERO chance of anything changing, zero chance of the clueless knob currently in charge of getting sacked, and zero chance of any money being spent on the squad in January. As it stands, the club ownership are standing firm in their decision to stick by their man and to date, no assurances have been made as to whether we will get any investment in January, just a pathetic "guarantee" of an extension of an overdraft. This will not be any different until we start making the cvnts in charge feel as unwelcome as possible in and around the Liberty and make an open objection about what has essentially been the rape of our beloved club.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 15:46]
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 15:51 - Dec 18 with 7685 viewsawayjack

Our fan base has changed massively. Now a bunch of liberals who can afford the season tickets that mostly see it as affordable weekend entertainment. Most would simply switch sports, teams or spend it on the theatre if we get relegated.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 15:52 - Dec 18 with 7679 viewsblackswan

Spot on post. I'm ashamed to say I don't think our support Base could do the same again there seems a lot of apathy we have had the guts ripped out of the club.
So much for by the fans for the fans
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:04 - Dec 18 with 7596 viewsperchrockjack

Amen to that.

I truly believe the people of Swansea are on their knees having had the guts kicked out of them from politicians, industrialists and now our football club seems to be a place of doom.

Not long ago, any negativity on ps was jumped upon ,now we all feel as one.

We need to get nasty if we want to sort this .

Ive suggested this before only to be jumped upon ,well feck that, this club is melting away and no fan nor any city should allow it to go without a fight.

Every man woman child that goes to our games...this means you so stand up all the game everyone of uou, cause havoc ,be unpleasant ,be hateful but direct it at the right people.

We re decent fans and fine people and we don't deserve this

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:11 - Dec 18 with 7559 viewsawayjack

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:04 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Amen to that.

I truly believe the people of Swansea are on their knees having had the guts kicked out of them from politicians, industrialists and now our football club seems to be a place of doom.

Ive suggested this before only to be jumped upon ,well feck that, this club is melting away and no fan nor any city should allow it to go without a fight.

Every man woman child that goes to our games...this means you so stand up all the game everyone of uou, cause havoc ,be unpleasant ,be hateful but direct it at the right people.

Agree completely. Sadly I've spoken to so many 'fans' in recent months that still believe the yanks have invested money in the club versus the old shareholders pockets. It staggers me how naive they are but many see us as just part of their weekend entertainment. They'd simply switch sports or teams if we're relegated. Not criticising but it's a very different fan base to the Petty era
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:12 - Dec 18 with 7552 viewsthenorthbankbog

Best post I've seen for a long time. You are spot on we are not the same supporters unfortunately getting to the premier league brought with it so called supporters who are only concerned that they won't be watching their beloved Man United, Liverpool etc when we're relegated. The only shining light in relegation is this lot will go back to their armchairs and the real supporters will still be there plus all the older fans who for whatever reasons got left behind when we got promoted. Then we'll have a more united fanbase who will all care about Swansea City Football Club.
In the meantime we need to get nasty and throw every bit of abuse we can at the old board and anything American before during and after the game.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 16:18]
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:15 - Dec 18 with 7526 viewsperchrockjack

Shyte away jack

Don't ruin my bad name on here mun.

As I ve said before, I quit going after the Hull game as I can't stand the lack of passion and I hate sitting down and having to make way for kids to have a coke, burger,piss, pie.

I actually get pretty involved in it all.

Remember the time I slapped a kid at Shrewsbury ,the day robbo got sent off. He was a great kid as is his brother but I think they think I'm nuts

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:17 - Dec 18 with 7518 viewsswan65split

Hes not going say SWEP

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/bob-bradley-s-position-at-swansea-city-n
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:19 - Dec 18 with 7500 viewsmax936

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:11 - Dec 18 by awayjack

Agree completely. Sadly I've spoken to so many 'fans' in recent months that still believe the yanks have invested money in the club versus the old shareholders pockets. It staggers me how naive they are but many see us as just part of their weekend entertainment. They'd simply switch sports or teams if we're relegated. Not criticising but it's a very different fan base to the Petty era

The true information regarding the take over needs to get out there, as you say lots of fans believe the money the yanks spent is investment in the Club, we should be getting leaflets booklets printed with the facts regarding the takeover written in them.

That said if should be as clear as daylight that there hasn't been any investment, they only have to look at the squad to realise that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:30 - Dec 18 with 7460 viewslifelong

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:04 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Amen to that.

Quite frankly Richard, I don't wish to seem that I'm keeping on at you, but, how can you justify telling us fans what to do when you can't be bothered to go to the games yourself?

It's very odd.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 7455 viewsVetchitBack

The all-seater, Premier League, sports-consumer experience has repelled exactly the sort of people who would we useful right now and attracted just the sort who won't be.

And in all probability that was point nationally.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:40 - Dec 18 with 7416 viewsImAlrightJack

A bunch of Cowardly Yellow Fiends, let's protest to the hilt until they're gone.

I dreamt of the day this club would be one of those you'd never see relegated, like your Arsenal, Chelsea and City, but I knew once we got the figures in charge supposedly to do this, it would be a bad investment of Randy Learner proportions, but I was wrong because our plight is much worse than Villa's.

Just how in three years after sending a message through Europe not to take little old Swansea lightly, by beating Valencia 3-0, we are in this mess?.

I tell you how!, you employ a bunch of Useless Yankers who know nothing about football!!!!.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:47 - Dec 18 with 7376 viewsblackswan

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:40 - Dec 18 by ImAlrightJack

A bunch of Cowardly Yellow Fiends, let's protest to the hilt until they're gone.

I dreamt of the day this club would be one of those you'd never see relegated, like your Arsenal, Chelsea and City, but I knew once we got the figures in charge supposedly to do this, it would be a bad investment of Randy Learner proportions, but I was wrong because our plight is much worse than Villa's.

Just how in three years after sending a message through Europe not to take little old Swansea lightly, by beating Valencia 3-0, we are in this mess?.

I tell you how!, you employ a bunch of Useless Yankers who know nothing about football!!!!.

Has anyone noticed two away stuffings
And not even 1 yellow card either great
Disapplin or no fight
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:58 - Dec 18 with 7318 viewsperchrockjack

Not at all odd Roger.

It's a 390 mile round trip and frankly the Hull game was my tipping point.

It's my decision.

Hammer me by all means but I'm too old to be bothered

I ll leave it to younger and spiking fans to do it

I'm assuming you ll be angry and vocal and standing up.

My lad flew back to Holland today after visiting Swansea and said it was ok, so there.

Daughter not as keen as weather always shyte

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:10 - Dec 18 with 7249 viewsDafyddHuw

Football's been gentryfied to fùck since the Petty days.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:14 - Dec 18 with 7226 viewsperchrockjack

Good point.

Anfield a prime example.

After the mandatory YNWA it's pretty quiet unless it's manure or similiar.

It used to be a madhouse

Plenty other clubs like it

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:43 - Dec 18 with 7140 viewsQuakerJack

Brilliant OP

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 18:03 - Dec 18 with 7078 viewscrix

op I wanted to give you 10 up arrows for that post.

bloody hell I think we should get you in the dressing room before kick off to deliver the motivational speeches instead of our muppet coach.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 02:56 - Dec 19 with 6829 viewsthereisnospoon

Thanks for the kind words mates. I really appreciate it.

I sincerely hope you all feel the same way I do. It's about time we started to unite and fight against this common enemy.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 06:33 - Dec 19 with 6775 viewsKilkennyjack

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:40 - Dec 18 by ImAlrightJack

The yanks money was accepted by our previous board.
The old board took the money for themselves , as shareholders, and it was not invested in the team.
The old Board are the cause of all this mess.

The only thing you can question the current board on is the appointment of Bob.

Beware of the Risen People

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 07:11 - Dec 19 with 6740 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If any of our fans think that not "disrupting" the team is going to make them play any better then they are living in cloud cuckoo land

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 08:01 - Dec 19 with 6678 viewsjack247

Those passionate fans are still about. Yes, the success of recent seasons has attracted a new breed of fan who see the football in the same way as they see bowling or the cinema, but the people who really care haven't disappeared.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 6614 viewsjasper_T

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:47 - Dec 18 by blackswan

Has anyone noticed two away stuffings
And not even 1 yellow card either great
Disapplin or no fight

We've been giving away a lot of sloppy fouls all over the place so I think it's just the refs taking pity. Leon's definitely had a few cynical ones overlooked.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 09:57 - Dec 19 with 6556 viewslonglostjack

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 06:33 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

The old board took the money for themselves , as shareholders, and it was not invested in the team.

Only ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 10:47 - Dec 19 with 6513 viewsVetchitBack

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 06:33 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

We don't want them here simple.

We don't want any business person here we want SCFC people only. We thought we did have that but we were so so wrong.

Their mere presence is a grave insult.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 10:51]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 11:25 - Dec 19 with 6472 viewsOldjack

When those greedy fuks signed on the dotted line ,that was it the beginning of the end ,how they can't see that sill baffles me ,''guardians of the club'' my arse .

This is how it will pan out on boxing day ,we get a tonking ,all hell may well break out , we play well and get something out of the game ,it'll go all quiet on the Western front ,until the next bad loss, which as it stands won't be long in coming .
.I'm getting to hate them really bad now! should i seek help?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024