Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happier memories... 14:09 - Dec 24 with 2759 viewsdeanscfc

May as well enjoy some of these before the expected dross again on boxing day..

Happier memories... on 14:27 - Dec 24 with 2735 viewspencoedjack

In my 30 plus years following the swans Valencia away is probably my favourite memory
Happier memories... on 14:50 - Dec 24 with 2718 viewsdeanscfc

Happier memories... on 14:27 - Dec 24 by pencoedjack

In my 30 plus years following the swans Valencia away is probably my favourite memory

My favourite memoroes were our many victories over Arsenal. Reading the headlines about how we 'out Arsenalled' them with our quick passing. But yes, Valencia was amazing as were many of our displays under Laudrup. I forgot when looking back at some goals what a key player De Guzman was to us and also just how important Ben Davies was to our attacking style. Michu wasn't easily forgotten though - that season he might have been the best player we've had.
Happier memories... on 15:01 - Dec 24 with 2699 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Watching these highlights, especially the Valencia game, it's incredibly hard to believe that it's only been a little over 3 years since we were playing football like that. With the way we are today you'd have absolutely no idea that Swansea City FC was once one of the most attractive attacking sides in the sport. Damn near makes me shed a tear.

I'd do anything to have Michael Laudrup back.

Come on you Swans.

Happier memories... on 15:06 - Dec 24 with 2692 viewsClinton

So player A in a Swansea shirt runs forward and passes to player B.
The brilliance here is that B is also wearing a Swans top.
With great cunning A continues his run into the box.
In a totally surprising twist B passes back to A who taps into the net.
A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Happier memories... on 15:09 - Dec 24 with 2689 viewsCooperman

Happier memories... on 15:01 - Dec 24 by MyFinalHeaven

Watching these highlights, especially the Valencia game, it's incredibly hard to believe that it's only been a little over 3 years since we were playing football like that. With the way we are today you'd have absolutely no idea that Swansea City FC was once one of the most attractive attacking sides in the sport. Damn near makes me shed a tear.

I'd do anything to have Michael Laudrup back.

IMO Valencia was the pinnacle of the upwards journey. 8th under Garry didn't rate as highly because by that time we were already drifting backwards.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Happier memories... on 15:12 - Dec 24 with 2677 viewsClinton

Happier memories... on 15:09 - Dec 24 by Cooperman

IMO Valencia was the pinnacle of the upwards journey. 8th under Garry didn't rate as highly because by that time we were already drifting backwards.

Passing backwards you mean?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Happier memories... on 15:17 - Dec 24 with 2669 viewsCooperman

Happier memories... on 15:12 - Dec 24 by Clinton

Passing backwards you mean?

Well we did a bit of that in the Brendan / Laudrup PL era, but it was recognised as part of the 'Swansea Way'. Remember the tiki-taka and 60% possession stats? I'd love to go back to that now (let's out a big sigh whilst reaching for yet another Quality Street).

Happier memories... on 16:20 - Dec 24 with 2625 viewsdeanscfc

It's unbelievable how much we have fallen. Under Monk our style started to disolve. Should have gone for another continental manager and stuck with the Spanish type players. Monk was obsessed with clearing out the Spaniards and we suffered for it.
Login to get fewer ads

Happier memories... on 16:37 - Dec 24 with 2612 viewsCooperman

Happier memories... on 16:20 - Dec 24 by deanscfc

It's unbelievable how much we have fallen. Under Monk our style started to disolve. Should have gone for another continental manager and stuck with the Spanish type players. Monk was obsessed with clearing out the Spaniards and we suffered for it.

Thank you for the reminder of the good times though.

Happier memories... on 16:56 - Dec 24 with 2589 viewsdeanscfc

Happier memories... on 16:37 - Dec 24 by Cooperman

Thank you for the reminder of the good times though.

One more... What a win this was...

Happier memories... on 17:01 - Dec 24 with 2583 viewsdeanscfc

And of course...

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/england-barclays-premier-league/08-02-2014-sw
Happier memories... on 17:12 - Dec 24 with 2564 viewsCooperman

Happier memories... on 16:56 - Dec 24 by deanscfc

One more... What a win this was...

Brilliant stuff!

Happier memories... on 17:18 - Dec 24 with 2554 viewsShonky

Happier memories... on 15:09 - Dec 24 by Cooperman

That's was the zenith for sure. Even by the time we played them in the return leg things has taken turn downwards.

Its just a ride...

Happier memories... on 18:13 - Dec 24 with 2514 viewsCooperman

Happier memories... on 17:18 - Dec 24 by Shonky

That's was the zenith for sure. Even by the time we played them in the return leg things has taken turn downwards.

Beating Man U at OT in the cup that year was also a great day out.

Happier memories... on 20:26 - Dec 24 with 2473 viewsjack2jack

Heady days instead, not so long ago either, but seems an eternity at the same time, Bradford didn't know what had hit them,ripped apart. Happy days
Happier memories... on 01:06 - Dec 25 with 2407 viewsBoot

December 2007....Swansea 3 Leeds 2......only need 10 men!....great day and very happy memory
Happier memories... on 01:20 - Dec 25 with 2398 viewsDJack

Happier memories... on 01:06 - Dec 25 by Boot

December 2007....Swansea 3 Leeds 2......only need 10 men!....great day and very happy memory

...Place was bouncing.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Happier memories... on 17:02 - Dec 25 with 2309 viewskarnataka

Happier memories... on 14:27 - Dec 24 by pencoedjack

I would also say that Valencia away is my favourite memory not least because the standard of football was sublime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024