Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lessons learned? 20:36 - Dec 27 with 1174 viewskarnataka

1/ I hope the American owners now realise that there is far more to running a premier league club than they are aware of and that they can't just make assumptions about what sort of manager is appropriate. A manager has to be appointed for football reasons only and there are certain criteria that must be met if another disaster is to be avoided.

2/ I hope the club learned a lesson when they sacked Monk and we don't end up in a similar fiasco during the coming weeks. If they did learn a lesson from that fiasco, they will have already talked to prospective managers behind the scenes before giving BB the bullet and a new appointment should happen quickly so that the changeover comes with minimum fuss.
Lessons learned? on 20:40 - Dec 27 with 1129 viewsLeonWasGod

1/ I've got a nasty feeling they genuinely thought Bob had what it takes, possibly because their football knowledge is so narrow. I've little confidence of them striking lucky second time, but we'll see.

2/ I wouldn't be surprised if they've been caught with their pants down and we'll have a gap. I hope not, but wouldn't at all be surprised to see Curt manning the ship on Saturday.
Lessons learned? on 20:53 - Dec 27 with 1065 viewskarnataka

Lessons learned? on 20:40 - Dec 27 by LeonWasGod

1/ I've got a nasty feeling they genuinely thought Bob had what it takes, possibly because their football knowledge is so narrow. I've little confidence of them striking lucky second time, but we'll see.

2/ I wouldn't be surprised if they've been caught with their pants down and we'll have a gap. I hope not, but wouldn't at all be surprised to see Curt manning the ship on Saturday.

Oh, I'm absolutely sure they though Bob had what it takes because he had been manager of an International side which they probably considered was more difficult than managing a club side 'because an national side is a much bigger and more prestigious entity than a mere small town club side' but I hope they have now learned that having been a national manager is not even one of the tick boxes for being a premier club manager. They've taken a bloody nose over this and no mistake so I hope they will now listen to advice and find out what is actually needed.
Lessons learned? on 20:59 - Dec 27 with 1015 viewsLeonWasGod

Lessons learned? on 20:53 - Dec 27 by karnataka

Oh, I'm absolutely sure they though Bob had what it takes because he had been manager of an International side which they probably considered was more difficult than managing a club side 'because an national side is a much bigger and more prestigious entity than a mere small town club side' but I hope they have now learned that having been a national manager is not even one of the tick boxes for being a premier club manager. They've taken a bloody nose over this and no mistake so I hope they will now listen to advice and find out what is actually needed.

I bet Huw is as smug as hell over this after he openly preferred Giggs. It could well strengthen his own position here and lead to him having more of a say. Not sure how it all works there now, but as you say the Americans will have a bloody nose (unless they're as self confident as Bob was).
Lessons learned? on 21:01 - Dec 27 with 990 viewsFireboy

They thought he had what it takes because the yanks 'as a rule' are an arrogant race of people who think they know better than anyone else

Now I hope they realise what it takes but the trouble is they will look to big nose,which ales me shudder
Lessons learned? on 21:04 - Dec 27 with 962 viewsblackflyingswan

My new year wish has been answered .The cancer in the club still has not been operated on the scalpel still needs to be wielded..
Lessons learned? on 21:06 - Dec 27 with 950 viewsDr_Winston

Just means they'll be more dependent on Huw.

Whoopee.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lessons learned? on 21:13 - Dec 27 with 893 viewsDJack

Lessons learned? on 21:06 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Just means they'll be more dependent on Huw.

Whoopee.

You've spelled "oops" incorrectly...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Lessons learned? on 21:15 - Dec 27 with 872 viewsDr_Winston

Lessons learned? on 21:13 - Dec 27 by DJack

You've spelled "oops" incorrectly...

Damn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024