Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Type of manager required?? 23:01 - Dec 27 with 1423 viewsCroftyjack

So what do you all think should be the type of manager we need right now:

is it the experienced prem league old boy or ex prem player?
up and coming manager with good fresh ideas
or someone from abroad or an internal appointment?
Theres lots to decide.

My choice would be to offer a good bonus to an experienced manager but only till end of season..Hodgson and Redknapp fit the bill as they be happy short term.

Redknapp for me over Roy as he has always said good things about us and can identify the right players as Roy could hardly get here when England manager even when wee looked good!

During the remaining months we can then source the new manager that can rebuild us either its in the Prem or Championship!!!

Be good if we could do a poll on type of manager needed!
Type of manager required?? on 23:04 - Dec 27 with 1393 viewsShonky

Anyone who can pass an arse/elbow discrimination test please.

Its just a ride...

Type of manager required?? on 23:07 - Dec 27 with 1351 viewsjack247

An organiser. Someone who can get our back four playing as a unit and our midfield shielding them. I think it would be mental to go for a big name with little experience like Giggs or Neville at the moment.
Type of manager required?? on 23:08 - Dec 27 with 1348 viewsGowerjack

Someone who can get our team winning games.

Not rocket science.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Type of manager required?? on 23:12 - Dec 27 with 1312 viewsheadcleaner

The son of God type - one who can turn out the odd miracle on the cheap. It won't be any one who asks for a few quid to build a team. Nor someone who wants to call the shots and who might walk and go public just how things are behind the scenes.

It'll be someone desperate for a job in the big league or happy to ride us until something better crops up. I think it'll be curt and flynn as a penny pinching exercise - some fans will be delighted with that as they won't want money in the window - will be happy for Huw to call the shots and they can just coach and will be happy to be involved in football at a club they love
Type of manager required?? on 23:22 - Dec 27 with 1271 viewsdeanscfc

Experienced and with solid contacts (we will neeed them in the transfer window) - someone who players want to play for. If we don't win on Sat then we all know it is going to take a miracle to stay up so it needs to be a top manager who is contracted ubtil the end of the season. Either we go for it 100% or we go down with a whimper.

I'd be tempted to look at a foreign name. Someone like Bielsa eould have been great previously, even if he is a bit of a nutter.

I still don't think we should gave sacked Guidolin. He seemed to have an awareness of our squad limitations and would have done a decent job if we hadn't recruited awfully. The only issue with Guidolin was that he was more of a coach and it gave Huw too much control over recruitment.
Type of manager required?? on 23:23 - Dec 27 with 1262 viewstzlewis

Difficult to predict the new manager, I can't say I'm particularly enthused by some of the favourites with the bookies. I don't particularly want Giggs as I can remember his failed spell as caretaker of Man United but we probably will end up with someone like that. Knowing our board, it may be someone even more underwhelming like Gary Megson!

I'd like someone with experience of the Premier League and someone with the balls to stand up to the board like Laudrup did. I don't want another 'yes' man like Guidolin.

I wouldn't say no to Redknapp till the end of the season as there don't seem to be many other credible candidates. Rowett seems to be the right man at the wrong time for me. If we got relegated (admittedly very likely at the moment), he would be an ideal summer appointment to try and get us back up.
Type of manager required?? on 23:25 - Dec 27 with 1237 viewsLoyal

Everyone knows we will end up with a yes man who won't rock the boat.
Huw wouldn't dare do anything else,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Type of manager required?? on 23:26 - Dec 27 with 1234 viewsjack247

Type of manager required?? on 23:23 - Dec 27 by tzlewis

Difficult to predict the new manager, I can't say I'm particularly enthused by some of the favourites with the bookies. I don't particularly want Giggs as I can remember his failed spell as caretaker of Man United but we probably will end up with someone like that. Knowing our board, it may be someone even more underwhelming like Gary Megson!

I'd like someone with experience of the Premier League and someone with the balls to stand up to the board like Laudrup did. I don't want another 'yes' man like Guidolin.

I wouldn't say no to Redknapp till the end of the season as there don't seem to be many other credible candidates. Rowett seems to be the right man at the wrong time for me. If we got relegated (admittedly very likely at the moment), he would be an ideal summer appointment to try and get us back up.

I don't get the calls for Rowett if we go down. If we do get relegated, we will lose our bigger players and it would be an ideal opportunity to rebuild and start playing football again. I haven't accepted relegation yet, but if we do go down, why would we want a negative manager?
Login to get fewer ads

Type of manager required?? on 23:31 - Dec 27 with 1213 viewsdeanscfc

If we're going to go down then it may as well be with a bang. No point making a safe yes man choice.
Type of manager required?? on 23:38 - Dec 27 with 1167 viewscockneyswan

Fat Sam, oh no we're too late again 😭
Type of manager required?? on 23:49 - Dec 27 with 1098 viewsporschejack

We need experience now - Harry Redknapp for me .
Type of manager required?? on 23:53 - Dec 27 with 1071 viewsjack2jack

Someone who can get a tune out of the players we've got
Someone who can get players in that we need
Experience in this league
Bring back our style of play or something close
Someone who commands the respect of the players
Put players in the correct positions
Someone with tactical nouse
The list is bloody endless
Let hope they getting it right this time eh!
Type of manager required?? on 00:08 - Dec 28 with 1015 viewsCambJack

Type of manager required?? on 23:53 - Dec 27 by jack2jack

Someone who can get a tune out of the players we've got
Someone who can get players in that we need
Experience in this league
Bring back our style of play or something close
Someone who commands the respect of the players
Put players in the correct positions
Someone with tactical nouse
The list is bloody endless
Let hope they getting it right this time eh!

Think only Alex Ferguson ticks all those boxes, so we're fooked.

I expect we'll go budget with Curtis or similar, with the harsh reality it's already too late sinking in at board level and therefore saving some pennies
Type of manager required?? on 00:14 - Dec 28 with 990 viewsharryhpalmer

1. someone who knows how to set up a defensive shape. We have to stop leaking goals.
2. someone with European contacts to help get players in.
3. someone with Top League managerial experiences in England, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Type of manager required?? on 00:20 - Dec 28 with 963 viewsCroftyjack

So main criteria would be:

Knows the premier league as has to be up and running from day one?
Has good contacts to source the required standard of players needed to help in the battle?
Be able to motivate and get respect from the current crop of shit?
Obviously has to be available as board wont pay up compo?
Can communicate with players and media from day one not waiting for them to complete their night schooling?
Happy for short term deal with fat bonus for survival?
Willing to live here from day one?

So from the above I can only think Roy Hodgson or Harry Redknapp!!...Did think Brian Flynn too but would he move here??
I think Harry for me short term is the best option.
Then there are ex players who hit the above: Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Frank Lampard etc
Type of manager required?? on 00:21 - Dec 28 with 956 viewsLeonWasGod

A good one.

Playing the percentage game, you'd go for a wiley old chancer type, like Allardyce although he's obviously gone.

Huwey likes them young though (presumably cheaper, probably easier to control, and with potential big rewards down the line if you unearth a gem).

We could end up with either type. Play safe with proven or gamble up and coming.

I see Giggs being reported as a front runner. Hard to know if that's just laziness due to us being closely linked last time.
Type of manager required?? on 00:23 - Dec 28 with 954 viewsLoyal

Type of manager required?? on 00:08 - Dec 28 by CambJack

Think only Alex Ferguson ticks all those boxes, so we're fooked.

I expect we'll go budget with Curtis or similar, with the harsh reality it's already too late sinking in at board level and therefore saving some pennies

Curtis like many others is a time served 100% Swansea man.
And it's time for him and numerous others to move on.

The broom should be a sweeping.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Type of manager required?? on 00:48 - Dec 28 with 912 viewsDJack

Type of manager required?? on 00:23 - Dec 28 by Loyal

Curtis like many others is a time served 100% Swansea man.
And it's time for him and numerous others to move on.

The broom should be a sweeping.

Sad but true. That said, he has a position explaining (demanding) our ethos to those that arrive at our unfashionable little club.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Type of manager required?? on 01:17 - Dec 28 with 852 viewstzlewis

Not sure if he'd want the job but Glenn Hoddle? He seems to tick quite a few boxes though:
i) Got Prem experience
ii) Should have respect of the squad given how good he was as a player
iii) Has played in French league with Monaco so may have contacts over there for potential transfers.
I do have doubts about him wanting the job though, especially given our league position at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024