Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
N/A. 01:37 - Dec 28 with 6235 viewsHuw57

[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:40]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 01:39 - Dec 28 with 5399 viewsFerrieBodde

I've said this before and I'll say it again: he should have been the one appointed in the first place.

It's an absolute no brainer. Forget an interview--in 3 1/2 seasons this guy fvcking got Villarreal promoted and lead them to two 6th place finishes before leading them to 4th (Champions League!) last season. And he did this all on a shoestring budget.

We had a chance to land one of the best young managers in the game and we bloody blew it.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 1:45]
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 03:17 - Dec 28 with 5271 viewsskippyjack

It is practically the best looking candidate..

Won 3 promotions.. dropped down a division in management by choice.. turned down big managerial roles with big salaries.. qualified for Europe with modest teams.. Won Spanish manager of the year twice..

We have four Spanish players, Rangel's big opportunity to learn and have a role on the coaching team as a vital translator for continuity purposes.. Llorente and Borja won't look like lost sheep on the field.

If we get relegated he's more than likely to stick around.. because he has previous for sticking around and getting teams promoted.. he's worked under teams with a strict budget throughout his career.

In our predicament.. seems like a logical candidate.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 06:18 - Dec 28 with 5140 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I agree with all the above, he's definitely the man we should have hired over Bob. The thing is after being snubbed last time - would he come now?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 06:30 - Dec 28 with 5126 viewsPawelAbbott

He has to be the best option if Huw is serious about restoring the Swansea identity.
One of the best young managers in world football.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 06:54 - Dec 28 with 5079 viewsdailew

Starring Leon Britton. I like.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 07:01 - Dec 28 with 5056 viewspencoedjack

Looks like a manager for a forward thinking club with a lot of ambition

Move on please
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 10:53 - Dec 28 with 4744 viewscockneyswan

This Guy sounds like a good candidate, I would have a lot more faith in this guy than Giggs, Woy, et al..
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 10:57 - Dec 28 with 4717 views34dfgdf54

By far the best candidate. Was he the manager of the Villarreal team that schooled us in a friendly a few seasons back?
Login to get fewer ads

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:03 - Dec 28 with 4672 viewsDafyddHuw

OP - totally agree butt. Except our owners don't have the class - his English isn't good enough ffs.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:03 - Dec 28 with 4672 viewsmonmouth

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 10:57 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

By far the best candidate. Was he the manager of the Villarreal team that schooled us in a friendly a few seasons back?

Well that ticks one box. Could he do dreadlocks, and has he ever visited Middlesbrough or Falkirk?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:08 - Dec 28 with 4642 viewstomdickharry

Being as Marcelino already is known to the club and it is now clear to all that remaining in the PL is No1 priority then he should be considered for the position,experienced manager who has had his ups and downs like all Managers,should be high on our list if not the top.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:09 - Dec 28 with 4630 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Because he is so good and such a natural fit, he won't even be considered by morons in charge.
They are likely to go with someone like Giggs, who has no actual managerial experience with his own team, just a caretaker of one of the best teams in the prem.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:14 - Dec 28 with 4594 viewsAngelRangelQS

Weren't there question marks over his English?
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:17 - Dec 28 with 4579 viewsWarwickHunt

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 01:39 - Dec 28 by FerrieBodde

I've said this before and I'll say it again: he should have been the one appointed in the first place.

It's an absolute no brainer. Forget an interview--in 3 1/2 seasons this guy fvcking got Villarreal promoted and lead them to two 6th place finishes before leading them to 4th (Champions League!) last season. And he did this all on a shoestring budget.

We had a chance to land one of the best young managers in the game and we bloody blew it.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 1:45]

He should have been holding the door open for Bradley last night if not sooner.

Grab him FFS.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:19 - Dec 28 with 4558 viewsmagicdaps10

Excellent article from the OP on Marcelino. Seems he likes a steadying influence as centre back with a forward thinking player alongside him.

Fantastic tactical guide with the link. Seems to tick a lot of boxes i must agree.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:21 - Dec 28 with 4539 viewsWarwickHunt

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:14 - Dec 28 by AngelRangelQS

Que?
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 12:20 - Dec 28 with 4404 viewsLeonWasGod

Probably did't know how to say 'yes Huw, of course Huw'.

Edit - great OP by the way . As good a case I've seen for anyone. If Huw's overlooking people of this character because of a perceived language barrier he needs his head looked at. Like Pochettino when he first came over, you just use an interpreter to begin with.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 12:35]
N/A. on 12:35 - Dec 28 with 4321 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 2:29]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 13:12 - Dec 28 with 4193 viewsAngelRangelQS

N/A. on 12:35 - Dec 28 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 2:29]

Apparently, Pochettino could speak English at Southampton in terms of speaking to the players but but wouldn't give interviews in English.

Personally I think he sounds great and there'll be no shortage of interpreters/people to help him with getting his message across - i.e. Rangel, Llorente
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 13:46 - Dec 28 with 4088 viewsQuakerJack

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 06:18 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree with all the above, he's definitely the man we should have hired over Bob. The thing is after being snubbed last time - would he come now?

we should have hired me over Bob!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 15:37 - Dec 28 with 3894 viewsJackFish

Marcelino was my first choice last time we had a vacancy so hopefully we sort ourselves out and go for him this time around, did a brilliant job at Villarreal.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 15:37 - Dec 28 with 3894 viewsjasfan

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 13:46 - Dec 28 by QuakerJack

we should have hired me over Bob!!

I think it is fair to say that our most successful seasons since 2003 came under the following managers respectively: Kenny Jackett, Robert Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup. In those seasons we either won promotions or domestic trophies.
I believe that they share some common factors:

1) They had a strong influence on player recruitment
2) They were tactically astute (at least in the division they managed us in)
3)They had specific ideas on how the game should be played and were able to convey this to the players
4) All went on to manage in a higher division or a bigger club with the exception of ML ( who had at least played for two of the greatest clubs in World football and also under the football genius Johann Cruyff)

In looking at the current list of potential candidates, I feel there is only one candidate who would fit the bill and seems to have a track record that would suggest he could manage a bigger club. That is Marcelino.

As has been mentioned there are other reasons in support of him being appointed. He persisted with a club of similar size in a lower division and gained promotion with them. He would have an excellent knowledge of recruiting players in Europe, especially the Spanish market. He would have the best chance of getting our Spanish strikers to perform well. He's got a name that the East Bank fans could put to a good song! He would get the team to play football in a style the fans would like.
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 16:45 - Dec 28 with 3733 viewsjack247

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 15:37 - Dec 28 by jasfan

I think it is fair to say that our most successful seasons since 2003 came under the following managers respectively: Kenny Jackett, Robert Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup. In those seasons we either won promotions or domestic trophies.
I believe that they share some common factors:

1) They had a strong influence on player recruitment
2) They were tactically astute (at least in the division they managed us in)
3)They had specific ideas on how the game should be played and were able to convey this to the players
4) All went on to manage in a higher division or a bigger club with the exception of ML ( who had at least played for two of the greatest clubs in World football and also under the football genius Johann Cruyff)

In looking at the current list of potential candidates, I feel there is only one candidate who would fit the bill and seems to have a track record that would suggest he could manage a bigger club. That is Marcelino.

As has been mentioned there are other reasons in support of him being appointed. He persisted with a club of similar size in a lower division and gained promotion with them. He would have an excellent knowledge of recruiting players in Europe, especially the Spanish market. He would have the best chance of getting our Spanish strikers to perform well. He's got a name that the East Bank fans could put to a good song! He would get the team to play football in a style the fans would like.

I'm not convinced he is what we need right now. In the summer, with a pre-season to work with the players and not chasing a points deficit, absolutely. I think we need a dogged firefighter at the moment.

Great post though and if we weren't in the situation we are (thanks Huw, Steve, Jase, Bob...) I would agree 100%
Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 3632 viewsBloodyhills

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 11:09 - Dec 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Because he is so good and such a natural fit, he won't even be considered by morons in charge.
They are likely to go with someone like Giggs, who has no actual managerial experience with his own team, just a caretaker of one of the best teams in the prem.

I fear this may be the case :(

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 17:15 - Dec 28 with 3625 views34dfgdf54

Marcelino - exactly what we need. on 16:45 - Dec 28 by jack247

I'm not convinced he is what we need right now. In the summer, with a pre-season to work with the players and not chasing a points deficit, absolutely. I think we need a dogged firefighter at the moment.

Great post though and if we weren't in the situation we are (thanks Huw, Steve, Jase, Bob...) I would agree 100%

It could be argued that this season is a write off, and he can have the remainder of this season to implement a certain style he likes, and use January and the pre season in bringing in the players he feels can take us forward.

It will be in the Championship to try and get us promoted, but even with the likes of Pardew, Allardyce, Redknapp, it will be an unbelievable task getting us out of trouble with this crop of players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024