Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 from 10 home games 08:19 - Dec 29 with 3071 viewsbarry_island

Minimum we need to stay up (we'll be lucky to pick up another 3 points on the road).

As we have Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester (only us and Man City have failed to suss them out) here, we have to win all of the others.

Lose / draw on Saturday and WE ARE DOWN.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 8:23]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

7 from 10 home games on 08:32 - Dec 29 with 3028 viewsClinton

Huge ask regardless of Bournemouth result. We need to show top 7 or 8 form from here on on to escape.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

7 from 10 home games on 08:32 - Dec 29 with 3025 viewsraynor94

We have won three from eighteen so far, kind of puts seven from ten in perspective, it ain't going to happen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

7 from 10 home games on 08:35 - Dec 29 with 3017 viewsE20Jack

That's not true though is it. Unless the FA have banned away games and I am yet to hear.

We need 8 more wins from the next 20. Win half our home games and manage 3 wins away and we will give ourselves a fighting chance. If we are already surrendering 3 points away at places like Palace, Hull, Bournemouth, Watford, Sunderland and West Ham then we may as well give up now.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

7 from 10 home games on 08:46 - Dec 29 with 2971 viewsbarry_island

7 from 10 home games on 08:35 - Dec 29 by E20Jack

That's not true though is it. Unless the FA have banned away games and I am yet to hear.

We need 8 more wins from the next 20. Win half our home games and manage 3 wins away and we will give ourselves a fighting chance. If we are already surrendering 3 points away at places like Palace, Hull, Bournemouth, Watford, Sunderland and West Ham then we may as well give up now.

The team and club has already surrendered.

Bob was the most obvious symptom, we know the real cause and it is not the fans.

I'm happy to be proven wrong on this, I don't think I will.

7 from 10 home games on 08:46 - Dec 29 with 2970 viewsKilkennyjack

7 from 10 home games on 08:35 - Dec 29 by E20Jack

I guess you could have added Boro and WBA to that list. Oh hang on - reality. Barry is not far off the truth.

Beware of the Risen People

7 from 10 home games on 09:11 - Dec 29 with 2871 viewsE20Jack

7 from 10 home games on 08:46 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

I guess you could have added Boro and WBA to that list. Oh hang on - reality. Barry is not far off the truth.

Or the 1-0 win at Burnley funnily enough, because they have been already. There are 20 games left not 10 and the same amount of points are available in all of them.

7 from 10 home games on 09:15 - Dec 29 with 2863 viewsAngelRangelQS

So the 10 home games are:-

Arsenal
Spurs
Leicester
WBA
Boro
Burnley
Bournemouth
Everton
Southampton
Stoke

If we were to have a reasonable record of winning 5, drawing 2 and losing 3 that still leaves us needing to pick up say 3 wins and 2 draws away from home.

We'd probably all be happy if we managed to get even a point from the away games at Chelsea, City, Liverpool and United, which leaves us with a lot to do against Watford, Palace, Hull, Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Ham.

Very, very tough - we probably need 20 points from our home matches to stand any real chance.
7 from 10 home games on 09:30 - Dec 29 with 2813 viewsStarsky

To the OP... with respect, you're looking at this all wrong.

We're maybe a win and a draw away from once more pulling out of the bottom 3. Once that happens then we just have to better than the 3 teams below us.

If we lose or draw against Bournemouth, it certainly isn't all over.

What if all the teams around us lose as well?

Take each day as it comes. It's easier to digest.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

7 from 10 home games on 09:40 - Dec 29 with 2769 viewsE20Jack

We have far more chance of beating Hull away than Arsenal or Tottenham at home.

7 from 10 home games on 10:10 - Dec 29 with 2692 viewsbarry_island

7 from 10 home games on 09:30 - Dec 29 by Starsky

We're maybe a win and a draw away from once more pulling out of the bottom 3. Once that happens then we just have to better than the 3 teams below us.

Encouraging me to "just smile", I see.

Seriously I've already accepted our fate and whatever happens the rest of this season, no blame should be attributed to our real fans even if we end the season on 12 points. The damage was completed on a day in early August.

7 from 10 home games on 10:13 - Dec 29 with 2686 views3swan

It’s all guesswork but to get to the minimum normally required of 36 points we need

W7 D 3 L10
Now to have half a chance we need to start with 4 points from our next 2 games.

Now that would still be to the 36 point mark and looking over our shoulders

The 40 magical mark?

W8 D 4 L8

It is achievable if we get the right manager and 3 to 4 players of the right quality

Whichever way you look at it we need s a major upturn in results
7 from 10 home games on 10:14 - Dec 29 with 2678 views3swan

7 from 10 home games on 09:30 - Dec 29 by Starsky

I agree it is easier to digest and reality says that is the only way of looking at it.

The one problem is we need a little run to catch the pack and them to have a downturn.

Bournemouth and Palace games shows we must start gaining on them
7 from 10 home games on 11:16 - Dec 29 with 2607 viewsStarsky

7 from 10 home games on 10:10 - Dec 29 by barry_island

Encouraging me to "just smile", I see.

Seriously I've already accepted our fate and whatever happens the rest of this season, no blame should be attributed to our real fans even if we end the season on 12 points. The damage was completed on a day in early August.

Barry ...

Did you already accept our fate the season we avoided going out of the league?

Have you not seen Sunderland (twice) and Leicester go on winning runs that pulled them to safety?

I'm not accepting any fate unless it's mathematically impossible.

7 from 10 home games on 11:49 - Dec 29 with 2558 viewsbarry_island

7 from 10 home games on 11:16 - Dec 29 by Starsky

Barry ...

Did you already accept our fate the season we avoided going out of the league?

Have you not seen Sunderland (twice) and Leicester go on winning runs that pulled them to safety?

I'm not accepting any fate unless it's mathematically impossible.

For a day or so after we lost to Exeter at home. The following week I knew I had to go to Rochdale and scream, shout and sing all game as I would never have forgiven myself if I had stayed at home and we'd lost, daft as that sounds.

Then I truly thought the whole club were together. Now we know the truth.

7 from 10 home games on 11:51 - Dec 29 with 2555 viewsStarsky

7 from 10 home games on 11:49 - Dec 29 by barry_island

For a day or so after we lost to Exeter at home. The following week I knew I had to go to Rochdale and scream, shout and sing all game as I would never have forgiven myself if I had stayed at home and we'd lost, daft as that sounds.

Then I truly thought the whole club were together. Now we know the truth.

Fair point...
But the fans are the same.

7 from 10 home games on 11:58 - Dec 29 with 2526 viewsbarry_island

7 from 10 home games on 11:51 - Dec 29 by Starsky

Fair point...
But the fans are the same.

Agreed, and no blame should rest with the fans whatever happens during the rest of the season.

The season we avoided relegation £60+ million hadn't been removed from our limited budget either.

7 from 10 home games on 12:01 - Dec 29 with 2513 viewsLeonWasGod

We need the results we had under Guidolin last season. That will see us safe by a few points. Normally you'd think that's no problem, but it's hell of an upturn from so far this season.
7 from 10 home games on 12:03 - Dec 29 with 2510 viewsLord_Bony

Bottom line...this squad is not good enough to stay up.
The only thing that can save is some good replacements in january...if that doesnt happen we re down.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

7 from 10 home games on 16:08 - Dec 29 with 2388 viewsKilkennyjack

7 from 10 home games on 12:03 - Dec 29 by Lord_Bony

The only thing that can save is some good replacements in january...if that doesnt happen we re down.

Correct

Beware of the Risen People

7 from 10 home games on 16:12 - Dec 29 with 2375 viewsOldjack

7 from 10 home games on 12:03 - Dec 29 by Lord_Bony

PS and a top Gov ,Arry it is then

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

7 from 10 home games on 17:16 - Dec 29 with 2311 viewsJesusJack

Teams have stayed up with as few as 6 and 7 wins. The average over the last 10 years is 9, so a handful of wins could be enough if we can improve in the second half of the season.

It's too easy to fall into the assumption that because we've only picked up 3 wins in the first half of the season, we'll only pick up 3 in the second half. It doesn't work like that. If it did, the league table would finish exactly the same way as it stands now.

In this situation, too many people expect us to continue to be poor and not pick up wins but expect all of the teams around us (who are also poor) to change their fortunes and go on a run.

Let's have a little faith while there's still time left.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

7 from 10 home games on 17:18 - Dec 29 with 2306 viewsmonmouth

Starsk is right. Forget points totals, we need to scrabble above three others. There are a lot of shit teams around and we are currently one of, possibly the, shittest. Things can change though, we're lucky there's not a bigger gap. It's not over until the fat lady sings, and she's not even decided on the tune yet.

We can do this. Not at all hopeful that we will, but we can. I too had given up after Exeter home. I'm not making the same mistake again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

7 from 10 home games on 19:45 - Dec 29 with 2207 viewsStarsky

7 from 10 home games on 17:18 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Starsk is right. Forget points totals, we need to scrabble above three others. There are a lot of shit teams around and we are currently one of, possibly the, shittest. Things can change though, we're lucky there's not a bigger gap. It's not over until the fat lady sings, and she's not even decided on the tune yet.

We can do this. Not at all hopeful that we will, but we can. I too had given up after Exeter home. I'm not making the same mistake again.

That's the spirit Monny... one game at a time

7 from 10 home games on 19:56 - Dec 29 with 2182 viewsjack2jack

7 from 10 home games on 10:13 - Dec 29 by 3swan

It’s all guesswork but to get to the minimum normally required of 36 points we need

W7 D 3 L10
Now to have half a chance we need to start with 4 points from our next 2 games.

Now that would still be to the 36 point mark and looking over our shoulders

The 40 magical mark?

W8 D 4 L8

It is achievable if we get the right manager and 3 to 4 players of the right quality

Whichever way you look at it we need s a major upturn in results

We need to beat our existing max points per game average by some to achieve the 40 pnts mark,can be done but impossible on current form,we need to turn it around and fast,with a win on saturday COYS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024