Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero? 12:12 - Dec 30 with 2873 viewsPegojack

Sorry if a ferdy, but in all the excitement, it appears to have been overlooked that Montero went off with what looked like a bad injury in the last match. Any news?
Montero? on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 2466 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Out for a month.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Montero? on 12:13 - Dec 30 with 2457 viewsHighjack

Yeah he's had his scans and experts have looked him over and the diagnosis is he's an absolute f ucking waste of space and oxygen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Montero? on 12:16 - Dec 30 with 2418 viewsgosfordjack

Fragile and do not bend. Another sicknote player just like Beattie. Stealing a living ship out as soon as window opens. !
Montero? on 12:17 - Dec 30 with 2409 viewsbathgatejack

Montero? on 12:12 - Dec 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Out for a month.

He is fukin mince. the most hot and cold footballer ive ever know. Its just a shame for us its mostly cold. PISH
Montero? on 12:20 - Dec 30 with 2377 viewsswan65split

40k a week, get rid, hasnt and wont live up to expectations. too predictable, one trick pony
Montero? on 12:34 - Dec 30 with 2321 viewsCooperman

Montero? on 12:13 - Dec 30 by Highjack

Yeah he's had his scans and experts have looked him over and the diagnosis is he's an absolute f ucking waste of space and oxygen.

I'm not a coaching expert but that didn't stop me coming to the same conclusion.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Montero? on 12:35 - Dec 30 with 2314 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Montero? on 12:20 - Dec 30 by swan65split

40k a week, get rid, hasnt and wont live up to expectations. too predictable, one trick pony

The frustrating thing is that the one-trick he has is blisteringly effective when he sets his mind to it - even against the best in the league.

He's very much a luxury player. Not really what you need in a scrap down the bottom. If we were strong and stable defensively and controlled the ball he'd be much more useful to us as an outlet to play behind the defence, but we're none of those things this season.

Keep him for the rest of the season and see what the next manager gets out of him; he's definitely in last chance saloon.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Montero? on 12:38 - Dec 30 with 2288 viewsswan65split

Montero? on 12:35 - Dec 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

The frustrating thing is that the one-trick he has is blisteringly effective when he sets his mind to it - even against the best in the league.

He's very much a luxury player. Not really what you need in a scrap down the bottom. If we were strong and stable defensively and controlled the ball he'd be much more useful to us as an outlet to play behind the defence, but we're none of those things this season.

Keep him for the rest of the season and see what the next manager gets out of him; he's definitely in last chance saloon.

too weak, physically and confidence wise, he "ll be a great championship player, but PL to do it week in week out , its a no no.
Login to get fewer ads

Montero? on 17:33 - Dec 30 with 1886 viewssP7qupUf

How many good games has he actually had/ Think about it.
Montero? on 17:35 - Dec 30 with 1864 viewsShonky

On the rare occasions he is the mood he is unplayable. If he played like that more often he wouldn't be with us.

Its just a ride...

Montero? on 17:52 - Dec 30 with 1783 viewsLeonWasGod

I was wondering the same earlier today, so we obviously think alike (you have my sympathy).

A month eh? A month of this season 's Montero is no loss, but a month of a revitalised Montero under a new manager will be a bit of a miss. Still, when we sell Llorente like some fools want there'll be nobody to dink a cross into, so it won't make any difference whether he plays or not.
Montero? on 17:54 - Dec 30 with 1772 viewsdeanscfc

Montero? on 17:35 - Dec 30 by Shonky

On the rare occasions he is the mood he is unplayable. If he played like that more often he wouldn't be with us.

He can be unplayable and one of our few creative players these days.

Personally I don't think having Taylor behind him helps. Taylor doesn't do his job properly and takes it out on Montero, screaming at him often. Montero spends the game looking miserable and barely even celebrates when he put in the assist/cross for a goal. Strengthening our back four should improve the confidence of our midfield/attack too.
Montero? on 18:01 - Dec 30 with 1744 views34dfgdf54

Montero? on 17:54 - Dec 30 by deanscfc

Personally I don't think having Taylor behind him helps. Taylor doesn't do his job properly and takes it out on Montero, screaming at him often. Montero spends the game looking miserable and barely even celebrates when he put in the assist/cross for a goal. Strengthening our back four should improve the confidence of our midfield/attack too.

Normally a stick up for Montero, but I wouldn't say it's Taylor's fault he has been poor this season. Not really sure of a way to put it, but West Brom away this year was one of the thickest performances of a footballer I have seen. All the pace in the world, but refuses to take the ball anywhere other than to feet, even though a simple clip in behind was always on, which Taylor was screaming for him to make the run may I add.

Still though, wouldn't be selling him in January, still the only winger who can put a decent cross in the box at the club, even though he doesn't do it nowhere near enough. That's how bad we are on the flanks.
Montero? on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 1735 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero? on 17:52 - Dec 30 by LeonWasGod

I was wondering the same earlier today, so we obviously think alike (you have my sympathy).

A month eh? A month of this season 's Montero is no loss, but a month of a revitalised Montero under a new manager will be a bit of a miss. Still, when we sell Llorente like some fools want there'll be nobody to dink a cross into, so it won't make any difference whether he plays or not.

I think it is shame he is going to be out with, hopefully, a new manager coming in. How many good games has he had? How often has he played in a side that is capable of springing the trap and
releasing him 1 on 1 on a fullback? When we do that he is unplayable. Trouble is his game involves sitting out wide almost level with the opponents back four which does not make for coming back and defending. A problem Frankie had with him as he struggled with and overall poor team that was therefore required to defend.
I would love to think we can get a manager in that can develope our midfield to such and extent we can have Jeff sitting out wide. He is devastating in such circumstances and could easily be our saviour in the run in. I am sure Llorente would appreciate it.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:16]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero? on 18:07 - Dec 30 with 1719 viewsdeanscfc

Montero? on 18:01 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Normally a stick up for Montero, but I wouldn't say it's Taylor's fault he has been poor this season. Not really sure of a way to put it, but West Brom away this year was one of the thickest performances of a footballer I have seen. All the pace in the world, but refuses to take the ball anywhere other than to feet, even though a simple clip in behind was always on, which Taylor was screaming for him to make the run may I add.

Still though, wouldn't be selling him in January, still the only winger who can put a decent cross in the box at the club, even though he doesn't do it nowhere near enough. That's how bad we are on the flanks.

Not saying Montero is blameless as he was terrible a couple of games back, but I think we should be more protective of one of the only true threats in our side. He needs to play in front of a solid defence and have a manager who knows how to deal with him. On his day he can make any fullback in the league look silly. Shame he is out.
Montero? on 18:18 - Dec 30 with 1683 viewsjack247

Montero? on 17:54 - Dec 30 by deanscfc

You can' say what you want about Taylor, but it's not his fault Montero hasn't learnt positional awareness, how to pass or shoot yet.
Montero? on 18:23 - Dec 30 with 1662 viewsdeanscfc

Montero? on 18:18 - Dec 30 by jack247

You can' say what you want about Taylor, but it's not his fault Montero hasn't learnt positional awareness, how to pass or shoot yet.

He's clearly very capable...just hasn't been doing it anytime recently for whatever reason:

To me he looks very unhappy here right now. I think it was against Palace that he put in the cross for Llorente to score, Llorents went up to him to celebrate and he didn't want any of it.
Montero? on 18:25 - Dec 30 with 1650 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nice to disagree with you a bit. ;-) I don't think Montero is quite as bad as that. You raise a very valid point though. A good manager will recognise the weaknesses in side and ensure that players likely to struggle get adequate cover. I can see Rangel, Taylor and Knaughton improving under a decent coach. Frankie was a goodun and Bob wasn't. Let's hope the new guy is.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero? on 18:26 - Dec 30 with 1637 viewsjack247

Montero? on 18:23 - Dec 30 by deanscfc

He's clearly very capable...just hasn't been doing it anytime recently for whatever reason:

To me he looks very unhappy here right now. I think it was against Palace that he put in the cross for Llorente to score, Llorents went up to him to celebrate and he didn't want any of it.

That was 3 years ago in the Mexican league Dean. It's akin to the Bob beat Spain in 2009 argument
Montero? on 18:27 - Dec 30 with 1629 viewsdeanscfc

Also, check out the passes that Shelvey used to make to him. Fast and to his feet...

We're missing that sort of passing quality...
Montero? on 18:28 - Dec 30 with 1620 views34dfgdf54

We're talking about Montero here now, not Routledge.

Positional sense I agree, very poor.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:30]
Montero? on 18:28 - Dec 30 with 1619 viewsdeanscfc

Montero? on 18:25 - Dec 30 by Private_Partz

Nice to disagree with you a bit. ;-) I don't think Montero is quite as bad as that. You raise a very valid point though. A good manager will recognise the weaknesses in side and ensure that players likely to struggle get adequate cover. I can see Rangel, Taylor and Knaughton improving under a decent coach. Frankie was a goodun and Bob wasn't. Let's hope the new guy is.

Rangel and Taylor don't have the pace to cope well in the PL anymore. You can't coach pace...they're constantly too slow and being turned inside out.
Montero? on 18:29 - Dec 30 with 1616 viewsLoyal

Montero? on 12:12 - Dec 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Out for a month.

Give him an opportunity to grow a pair of bollox.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Montero? on 18:31 - Dec 30 with 1599 viewsdeanscfc

Montero? on 18:29 - Dec 30 by Loyal

Give him an opportunity to grow a pair of bollox.

By which time we are likely down anyway :(
Montero? on 18:33 - Dec 30 with 1588 views34dfgdf54

Montero? on 18:28 - Dec 30 by deanscfc

Rangel and Taylor don't have the pace to cope well in the PL anymore. You can't coach pace...they're constantly too slow and being turned inside out.

I could be wrong here, but I'm sure Taylor was up there with the quickest at the club at one stage, in terms of times etc. His injury has taken its toll on Neil big time I reckon. Awful these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024