Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? 22:08 - Dec 31 with 6603 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:43 - Dec 31 with 5508 viewsJoe_bradshaw

7 times and soon to be 8.

9 promotions in that time.

I'm just an old fart really.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:49 - Dec 31 with 5488 viewsDr_Winston

From League One in the infamous four manager season, and from the same division under Hollins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:50 - Dec 31 with 5478 viewsBloodyhills

From division one all the way down to four.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:51 - Dec 31 with 5468 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Good effort. Just 2 for me.

The last one I remember was under Hollins when we utterly stank out league one or whatever it was called after promotion the previous season. This one looks like being a similar surrender.

Enjoying the next level

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:53 - Dec 31 with 5453 viewsNeathJack

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:50 - Dec 31 by Bloodyhills

From division one all the way down to four.

Same here.
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:54 - Dec 31 with 5447 viewssherpajacob

A particularly painful memory is Notts county away.

For numerous reasons I didn't get into the ground till half time. Then it all went horribly wrong. I forget the final score, but notts county seemed to score regularly and with ease.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:54 - Dec 31 with 5440 viewsDr_Winston

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:51 - Dec 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Good effort. Just 2 for me.

The last one I remember was under Hollins when we utterly stank out league one or whatever it was called after promotion the previous season. This one looks like being a similar surrender.

In relative terms we weren't this bad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:55 - Dec 31 with 5438 viewsNeathJack

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:54 - Dec 31 by sherpajacob

A particularly painful memory is Notts county away.

For numerous reasons I didn't get into the ground till half time. Then it all went horribly wrong. I forget the final score, but notts county seemed to score regularly and with ease.

4-0 I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:57 - Dec 31 with 5421 viewssP7qupUf

Been a regular and season ticket holder for many years, started in January 1973, a 0-0 draw with Hartlepool. Seen a hell of a lot. The class of 1974-75 were the worst!!
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:58 - Dec 31 with 5406 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:54 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

In relative terms we weren't this bad.

Just looked up that Hollins relegation on Wikipedia and read this:

"...however Hollins' maintained that the side could stay up, even when 18 points were needed from the final six matches, and for two other teams to pick up no more points..."

There aren't enough laughing smilies for that. We'll probably hear similar from our lot come March/April.

Enjoying the next level

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:00 - Dec 31 with 5396 viewsswan65split

OH YES
And this seems worse than from Div 1 in the 80s...........been sold down the river by Del Boys
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:01 - Dec 31 with 5389 viewsNeathJack

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:58 - Dec 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

"...however Hollins' maintained that the side could stay up, even when 18 points were needed from the final six matches, and for two other teams to pick up no more points..."

There aren't enough laughing smilies for that. We'll probably hear similar from our lot come March/April.

I recall his quote after we'd been relegated following promotion the previous season.

"We've done exactly the same as last year, only in reverse".

Mentalist.
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:03 - Dec 31 with 5364 viewsDr_Winston

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:58 - Dec 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He was a bit odd was old JH.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:06 - Dec 31 with 5346 viewssherpajacob

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 22:55 - Dec 31 by NeathJack

4-0 I think.

Well remembered.

I've just looked it up.

http://stats.football.co.uk/results_fixtures/1995_1996/swansea_city/index.shtml

I thought it was the last game of the season, but it wasn't, it was just the one that confirmed relegation.

Interestingly we were relegated along with Hull.

Edit: and Bournemouth and Burnley finished comfortably in mid table.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 23:09]

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:10 - Dec 31 with 5323 viewsFireboy

From the 4th to the 1st then back down again and nearly into oblivion
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:11 - Dec 31 with 5321 viewsdobjack2

Plenty of times.

Went 2 and a bit seasons without winning away and being relegated twice saw just about every game - close to a league record. Broke the run at Bournemouth.
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:15 - Dec 31 with 5291 viewssherpajacob

There is an interesting bit in "fever pitch" when Nick Hornby was at Cambridge and he supported Cambridge United during what was at the time the worst league season by any team ever. Yet quite late on in the season they were still above Swansea.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:17 - Dec 31 with 5274 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The point of this poll was the realisation that there will be many thousands of fans out there who have never seen us go down. Almost a whole generation who have only known the good times.

I started in 86/87 as an optimistic 10 year old kid with a head full of dreams and hands full of Swansea Mixture from Slee's corner shop. Given how awful we were for most of my formative years, it's a miracle I haven't seen more relegations.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 23:19]

Enjoying the next level

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:32 - Dec 31 with 5217 viewssherpajacob

For a club that historically has generally been a pair of whores drawers, it's remarkable that our last relegation was the hollins disaster in 2001.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:35 - Dec 31 with 5187 viewsDr_Winston

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:17 - Dec 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

The point of this poll was the realisation that there will be many thousands of fans out there who have never seen us go down. Almost a whole generation who have only known the good times.

I started in 86/87 as an optimistic 10 year old kid with a head full of dreams and hands full of Swansea Mixture from Slee's corner shop. Given how awful we were for most of my formative years, it's a miracle I haven't seen more relegations.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 23:19]

We've been to Wembley/Cardiff seven times since I started watching in the 90/91 season. That's not bad going really.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:40 - Dec 31 with 5156 viewsPozuelosSideys

Seen a couple, but weve never been clowned in front of so many people every week before. Its embarrassing. At least back in the Hollins days hardly anyone saw it

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 23:46 - Dec 31 with 5123 viewsmorningstar

This will be my 7th relegation. The first one was in the early 70's, and even then as an 8/9 year old i felt my city had changed for some reason. I didn't know why at the time, and probably still don't now, it just felt really weird.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 00:01 - Jan 1 with 5066 viewssherpajacob

An old joke doing the rounds during our division 2 relegation season.

John Toshack is walking along the Kingsway, when the manager of Barclays spots him and comes out and shouts at him " oh, John, what about the £2million you owe us"
In shock, toshack faints and a worried group of passers by pick him up and carry him into the nearby Alliance building society.
After a few minutes, Toshack comes round and still dazed asks, "what happened, where am I?"
The reply comes, "John, you passed out, you're in The Alliance"
Toshack says " Blimey, what happened to the 3rd and 4th divisions"

I'm here all week.

Happy New year everyone.

Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 00:07 - Jan 1 with 5037 views3swan

Too many

First one 1964/65
Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before? on 00:16 - Jan 1 with 5011 viewsmorningstar

For those who've 'voted' no. it doesn't mean you're a lesser fan, just younger, so don't take any sh!t!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024